XY OU Holy Punishment

Well this is my first RMT and I hope can get the most suggestions of this thread, since I'm just getting accostumed to the ORAS metagame. So, enjoy!

First of all, I noticed the synergy between Ferrothorn and Keldeo, this core being immune to poison, resistant to other 13 types and only neutral to four types.

Then, I wanted to trap and kill all the neutralities plus Magnezone which can be a major threat if scarfed. Gothitelle instantly came to my mind, with a movepool varied enough to counter these 4 types.

I wanted a fast revenge killer, which could also lead and somehow break stalls. Talonflame with U-Turn and Will-O-Wisp was the best I could think of.

Having Talonflame in my team, I decided to put Mandibuzz because of its capability to kill many SD users with Foul Play and to clear the hazards off the field.

Finally, to glue it all I wanted a set-up sweeper with not-so-bad defenses, I chose Altaria at first because of the new toy syndrome (and because it's SO fluffy) but after having played a few times with it... well, at +2 it's a monster.

After a few tweak peaks, I reached the conclusion I wanted Altaria to be my sweeper instead of Keldeo, and Gothitelle wasn't working out well enough, so I decided to change it for Kyurem-B for an offensive pressure.

IN DEPTH ANALYSIS

Rainbow Dash (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Keldeo is part of the core I wanted to form with Ferrothorn, and it is also one of the greatest ponies pokes that has ever existed. Basically, it breaks havoc upon Bisharp, Chansey and Heatran. But it also helps to wear down the so annoying Steel types for Altaria. The set its simple, Hydro Pump and Secret Sword for STAB, HP Flying to surprise Conkeldurr, Mienshao, etc and Icy Wind when predicting a change to a faster opponent.

Bob (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

Bob is The Great Wall in this team. It is able to resist almost any physical attacks (with an exception of fire) that reach him, and harm its user for counter damage. 0 IVs for Gyro Ball, Leech Seed and Protect to ensure a good, long life and Powher Whip for coverage.

Barry (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Dragon Claw

Kyurem-B works really well as a revenge killer. I mainly use it to break through Gliscor, and then attack anything that moves. It has enough EVs to outspeed a Mega-Sceptile, one of the fastest Megas. Even though, I am willing to change it because it doesn't really work so well.

Butch (Talonflame) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

This guy solely can sweep unprepared teams. But I mainly use it to lead with U-turn, break Stalls like Mega Slowbro (they always think I will change before they get BURNED), Ferrothorn, Gliscor(before Toxic Orb) or just to drop attack. Flare Blitz is for instant kill bad steel guys and Brave Bird to rape stuff.

Mandibuzzzzzzz (Mandibuzz) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Roost

Mandibuzz, the second stall. It's main role its to keep the rocks away, and later to Toxic everything but Poison and Steel. Roost is to mantain longevity and Foul Play vs Swords Dancers. The HP Evs aren't full in order for it to be an odd number, and resist 4 times rocks legally.

Jesus (Altaria) (M) @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Earthquake

The savior, the fluffy, the mega. Once steel and poison types are gone, Mega Altaria descends from the sky to punish the sinners. Earthquake hits almost anything that Return doesn't, and Cloud Nine is to avoid weather effects (really effective against Swampert-M, Excadrill and Zard-Y) and opponents mostly don't know their weather is gone until they are outsped. Plus it can set up when an opponent is outraging.

Once in rain, Mega Swampert can solely 6-0 my team. Ferrothorn is my only counter and it normally gets killed before it can Power Whip it.

The paralysis isn't well received since most of my pokes rely on its speed to work. And ferrothorn can be haxed by paralysis.

Rainbow Dash (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Bob (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

Barry (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Dragon Claw

Butch (Talonflame) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

Mandibuzzzzzzz (Mandibuzz) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Roost

Jesus (Altaria) (M) @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Earthquake

So then, thanks for taking your time to read/rate this team and will love options to change Kyurem-B, or any other poke that you think doesn't work well on my team.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)