Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see this mentioned a lot, but on Keldeo, what does Hidden Power Ghost even hit? The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is Jellicent, which isn't even worth using it for. Psychic types get nailed hard enough by Hydro Pump, so am I missing something? Maybe the Lati twins, but there's Icy Wind for them...
Nothing. HP Ghost is a remnant of BW, where Jellicent was a valid threat. Slowbro gets hit by it, but HP Electric does that too, plus it covers Gyarados as well.

Is the bulky dd roost zard x set the exact same now as in xy, or has the ev spread changed to adapt to things? If it has, can anyone post it please?

Lately a Jolly spread has gotten really popular. It lets you outspeed Scarf Lando-T at +1 and kill it with Flare Blitz. Here's the spread:

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Hey guys, I'm not planning on doing an RMT but can I get some opinions on this team?

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Scolipede (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Toxic Spikes / Spikes
- Baton Pass
- Pin Missile
- Endeavor

Sylveon (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

Bisharp (F) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Excadrill (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

I switch up between Toxic Spikes and Spikes constantly depending on whether I get rekt by Poison types or not. I'm just not sure what I can move around to help deal with Ferrothorn, Scarf Lando-T, and Mach Punch. Thoughts?

Edit: I'm thinking of switching Lopunny for Gallade and giving Scolipede a Swords Dance/Iron Defense/Protect/Pin Missile set. Thoughts?

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Hey guys, I'm not planning on doing an RMT but can I get some opinions on this team?

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Scolipede (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Toxic Spikes / Spikes
- Baton Pass
- Pin Missile
- Endeavor

Sylveon (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

Bisharp (F) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Excadrill (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

I switch up between Toxic Spikes and Spikes constantly depending on whether I get rekt by Poison types or not. I'm just not sure what I can move around to help deal with Ferrothorn, Scarf Lando-T, and Mach Punch. Thoughts?

Edit: I'm thinking of switching Lopunny for Gallade and giving Scolipede a Swords Dance/Iron Defense/Protect/Pin Missile set. Thoughts?
You have this high momentum killer on a team that is primarily hyper offense in the form of Choice Scarf Excadrill and no rocks makes your matchup against opposing Zard-X, Talonflame, and generally any form of playstyle that much harder to play against. 44 speed Evs on Rotom-W is pretty important to not get outright floored by BD Azu these days. I mean there's a lot of subjective changes you could make to help with all this but these are somewhat larger such as Latis > Excadrill and SR Skill Swap Lead Azelf > Scolipede with BP used on Sylveon instead to maintain momentum. This however is just changing a bunch of stuff and would have to be looked at in depth from a practical standpoint. Not exactly a simple answer but that's my thought on the matter.

You have this high momentum killer on a team that is primarily hyper offense in the form of Choice Scarf Excadrill and no rocks makes your matchup against opposing Zard-X, Talonflame, and generally any form of playstyle that much harder to play against. 44 speed Evs on Rotom-W is pretty important to not get outright floored by BD Azu these days. I mean there's a lot of subjective changes you could make to help with all this but these are somewhat larger such as Latis > Excadrill and SR Skill Swap Lead Azelf > Scolipede with BP used on Sylveon instead to maintain momentum. This however is just changing a bunch of stuff and would have to be looked at in depth from a practical standpoint. Not exactly a simple answer but that's my thought on the matter.
I actually thought I had 44 speed evs on Rotom. Thanks for catching that. Bringing Excadrill to take out rocks usually meant losing the game. Is the Azelf lead the Stealth Rock/Skill Swap/?/Explosion Focus Sash lead? Would Taunt fit there? Thanks for the help.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I actually thought I had 44 speed evs on Rotom. Thanks for catching that. Bringing Excadrill to take out rocks usually meant losing the game. Is the Azelf lead the Stealth Rock/Skill Swap/?/Explosion Focus Sash lead? Would Taunt fit there? Thanks for the help.
Rock, Skill Swap, Explosion, FireBlast/Taunt with Sash. 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Speed Naive Nature if using Fire Blast, Jolly with the extra 4 into defense if not using Fire Blast. Also forgot to mention this but M-Lopunny has more synergy with the Latis if you do go that route than M-Gallade so just a thought with the goal of minimizing threat weaknesses.

Rock, Skill Swap, Explosion, FireBlast/Taunt with Sash. 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Speed Naive Nature if using Fire Blast, Jolly with the extra 4 into defense if not using Fire Blast. Also forgot to mention this but M-Lopunny has more synergy with the Latis if you do go that route than M-Gallade so just a thought with the goal of minimizing threat weaknesses.
I'd say thanks bae but that'd be rude. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: AM
I personally prefer Freeze Dry because fuck Rotom-W and his unborn children. It gives you a way to deal with Water types that would want to eat up physical Ice attacks. Only take it if you have a way of dealing with Landorus-T because that thing is more broken than a crack whore's self esteem.
Hey, I've been trying the "new" Mega Glalie and he's been amazing! Blowing up has never been so fun haha. Thanks so much for the help!

I see this mentioned a lot, but on Keldeo, what does Hidden Power Ghost even hit? The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is Jellicent, which isn't even worth using it for. Psychic types get nailed hard enough by Hydro Pump, so am I missing something? Maybe the Lati twins, but there's Icy Wind for them...
Lati@s, Celebi and Slowbro are the only four I can think of. It would seems to be the HP of choice on 3 attacks sets for neutral coverage. It really depends on what you need to hit. I don't think one is totally standard over another. I'm not too sure about gen 6 tbh as most of the HP Ghost or HP Bug stuff is gen 5 related.

Sorry for the redundant question, but why is Mega CroBro considered outclasses by it's offensive sets? Is it because of set up pokemon or is there another reason I'm missing because on paper it seems like a monster. Thanks!
Apologies for bumping up my question, I'm still slightly bamboozled and would be grateful for an answer. Would it be because of it's speed?

My friend uses a lot of bulky mons, what type of team is best for taking those down? Hyper offense?
As for me, it depends what the bulky mons are.

If defensive, I like using stallbreakers, taunters, and set-up pokemon to screw with them and then the rest of the team. I also like having hazards so if I force the mons out consistently or roar/whirlwind, they take a lot of residual damage.

If offensive, it's best to have super powerful hitters, or depending on the pokemon, something that can threaten really well.

Bulky mons tend to be slow, so I like to abuse their slow speed and strike powerful hits and use status to tear them down.

Edit: But in general, if you can give an idea of the mons, it'll be easier to find a theoretical answer.

My friend uses a lot of bulky mons, what type of team is best for taking those down? Hyper offense?
That's a pretty broad question. In theory, any team can be prepped to deal with stall teams and semi-stall teams (I assume that's what you meant by bulky mons); you don't necessarily have to use an HO team. The best solution is to make sure you at least carry one or two wall breakers and/or stall breakers, or at least carry a couple of set-up mons that can take down the checks of each other. Once you start breaking up your friend's defensive cores, you should be able to break through with your sweepers.

Apologies for bumping up my question, I'm still slightly bamboozled and would be grateful for an answer. Would it be because of it's speed?
I believe that for offensive sets people prefer using normal Slowbro so that they can maintain Regenerator, making it easier to hit and run. Without it it's much easier to wear down Mega Slowbro despite the defensive buff, and offensive buffs are only good while you are alive. Is that what you were asking?

I believe that for offensive sets people prefer using normal Slowbro so that they can maintain Regenerator, making it easier to hit and run. Without it it's much easier to wear down Mega Slowbro despite the defensive buff, and offensive buffs are only good while you are alive. Is that what you were asking?
I read somewhere recently that for Mega Slowbro, offensive MegaBro sets were considered to outclass the CroBro set, and I was just confused as to why exactly when the CroBro set seemed more potent.

As for me, it depends what the bulky mons are.

If defensive, I like using stallbreakers, taunters, and set-up pokemon to screw with them and then the rest of the team. I also like having hazards so if I force the mons out consistently or roar/whirlwind, they take a lot of residual damage.

If offensive, it's best to have super powerful hitters, or depending on the pokemon, something that can threaten really well.

Bulky mons tend to be slow, so I like to abuse their slow speed and strike powerful hits and use status to tear them down.

Edit: But in general, if you can give an idea of the mons, it'll be easier to find a theoretical answer.
Pokemon like gliscor slowbro specifically, and just Pokemon that like to sit behind sub and widdle away at your HP in general

That's a pretty broad question. In theory, any team can be prepped to deal with stall teams and semi-stall teams (I assume that's what you meant by bulky mons); you don't necessarily have to use an HO team. The best solution is to make sure you at least carry one or two wall breakers and/or stall breakers, or at least carry a couple of set-up mons that can take down the checks of each other. Once you start breaking up your friend's defensive cores, you should be able to break through with your sweepers.
Do you have examples of stall breakers or wall breakers?

Pokemon like gliscor slowbro specifically, and just Pokemon that like to sit behind sub and widdle away at your HP in general
Gliscor- Powerful special attacker, particularly with ice move (bulky waters!)
Slowbro- Same, use electric moves and grass moves, bisharp is also nice with a strong dark knock off, abuse the dark typing, it'll hurt
Taunt- shuts down walls like them and subs
Subs- use something with infiltrator, like chandelure- this bypasses sub, also use hypervoice spammers like sylveon and mega gardevoir as the move also bypasses sub
Status- have someone with heal bell/aromatherapy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)