Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

I pledge 180 eggs at a time.

Total hatches: 360
Shinies - 3

In 150 eggs using a 6IV Japanese Ditto and a 31.30.31.31.31.31 Cherubi, I got no shinies.

New pledge, 180 more eggs. 6IV Japenese ditto Ditto x 31.31.31.31.31.31 Porygon.

#252 was a shiny Porygon. It's 21.31.31.31.31.31. This is what it ended up being.
TERMINATION(Porygon-Z) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Adaptability
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Speed / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
-Ice Beam
-Tri Attack
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt

#318 was a 31.31.31.31.31.31.16 Porygon with Trace and Modest nature.
#333 was a shiny 31.31.31.31.31.31 to-be Trick Room sweeper Porygon2.

I'm guessing my ratio is 1:120.

Last edited:
I bred myself a shiny Steelix (hatched from the very first egg!!) during the early days of XY, but after that I haven't been intentionally breeding for shinies. A couple of days ago I was breeding for a Dratini for my Battle Maison rain team, but since I have Shiny Charm and was using a foreign parent, I was effectively also MMing at the same time. After two or three batches I hatched an accidental shiny before even getting a pentaperfect Dratini. It had an IV spread of 31/31/31/31/28/31 and hidden ability so I decided to use it.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 28 SpD
- Hurricane
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Agility

I bred myself a shiny Steelix (hatched from the very first egg!!) during the early days of XY, but after that I haven't been intentionally breeding for shinies. A couple of days ago I was breeding for a Dratini for my Battle Maison rain team, but since I have Shiny Charm and was using a foreign parent, I was effectively also MMing at the same time. After two or three batches I hatched an accidental shiny before even getting a pentaperfect Dratini. It had an IV spread of 31/31/31/31/28/31 and hidden ability so I decided to use it.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 28 SpD
- Hurricane
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Agility
Men you're standard is so high. It's IV only miss 3 from max (at lv50 it's only miss 1 point of sp.def). If me i consider it's a perfect shiny already

Yesterday I tried to breed for a shiny jolly beldum for kicks and giggles.
Hatched 420 eggs here are the results
100: none
200: none
300: none
420: shiny on the 335th egg 31/31/30/31/31/31 jolly

Yeah sure, 4 IV okay? I'm taking a break for charmander since it doesn't want HA and I've not had a shiny missing attack yet, so I'm hoping for a perfect Y-zard

Finally got around to doing some more hatching...looks like I'll have plenty more time over break too. Time to aim for that Shiny Phantump!
So anyway, was hatching last night with no luck and took a break. First egg I hatch this morning is a FREAKING SHINY GROWLITHE (Good IVs too: 31/31/31/x/x/31)! Insane luck right there.
Also it's inconsequential to this thread but I managed to hatch a Shiny Adaptability Skrelp while I wasn't keeping track of things. Go figure...really not complaining though lol
(Critical update: Both the Growlithe and Skrelp have garbage IVs in their imperfect stats...ah well. I'm sure you were wondering)
Second edit: another batch done, no luck.
Enough rambling, here's the data:

Japanese Ditto/English Porygon
1.0: 0/150
Japanese Ditto/English Slowpoke
1.1: 0/150
German Growlithe/English Growlithe
1.2: 1/150
Japanese Ditto/English Phantump
1.3: 0/150
Total: 1/600

Last edited:
I started Masuda breeding for a Shinx the other night and it just hatched now. 331st egg.

Shinx - #403 (Brave)
HP: 31
Att: 18 - 20
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

Not happy with that Attack IV though so I'm going to keep going. Pledging another 669 eggs to bring it up to a cool 1k.

~

...aaaand the second one just arrived. 1357th egg.

Shinx - #403 (Brave)
Att: 31
SpD: 22 - 23

...male Luxray looks so much better. Guess I'm going one more time. At least I'll have shiny versions of each stage.

I started Masuda breeding for a Shinx the other night and it just hatched now. 331st egg.

Shinx - #403 (Brave)
Att: 18 - 20
SpD: 31

Not happy with that Attack IV though so I'm going to keep going. Pledging another 669 eggs to bring it up to a cool 1k.

~

...aaaand the second one just arrived. 1357th egg.

Shinx - #403 (Brave)
Att: 31
SpD: 22 - 23

...male Luxray looks so much better. Guess I'm going one more time. At least I'll have shiny versions of each stage.
May i ask, why you chose Brave nature? Which moveset you going to use on it?

I love how Luxray looks, but...it's not a very good Pokemon. I doubt I'll be using it competitively, so I chose Brave just for flavour really; I think it's fitting.
Why don't use a physical def set with Bold nature -252hp/252def/4sp.def. With move like Thunderwave - Volt Switch - Snarl - Rest. With its ability Intimidate it can really hard to break you know.
And if you just breed it for the sake of ...breeding it, why going through trouble getting another one? You never used it to battle right so why bother its IV too low?

Why don't use a physical def set with Bold nature -252hp/252def/4sp.def. With move like Thunderwave - Volt Switch - Snarl - Rest. With its ability Intimidate it can really hard to break you know.
And if you just breed it for the sake of ...breeding it, why going through trouble getting another one? You never used it to battle right so why bother its IV too low?
Yeah, I know it's contradictory, but I just want a male Brave one that isn't missing its Attack IV. I don't mind getting multiples for this because I love the Luxray line so it'll be nice to have all three as shiny, especially since when I transfer to future games the shiny form will log in my Pokedex again.

I could go with the set you listed, but then I'd be dedicating time towards a competitive Pokemon that I know I'd rarely use in teams. I wouldn't be able to use that moveset in-game at all, would I? So it would just sit in a box, as a trophy. Plus, I'd have the exact same issue of needing to get a 5IV one missing Sp.Att. And going through all that effort for something I'm barely going to use doesn't seem worth it to me. Does that make sense?

Update
Opened 240 excess leftover eggs cause i needed to organize my boxes and hatch all the eggs.
Result : 2 shinies (best result ever)
bold anticipation eevee 93th egg
jolly beldum 238th egg

Update
Opened 240 excess leftover eggs cause i needed to organize my boxes and hatch all the eggs.
Result : 2 shinies (best result ever)
bold anticipation eevee 93th egg
jolly beldum 238th egg
I think you should give addtion info about how total eggs you hatch, how many shinies you got so the researcher here can properly add your data. (you can used the template i post right before you)

Oh, well when i stated my goals for each pokemon egg amount, I made an excess batch of 40-60 eggs each just in good will and just stored them in my box which turned out to be 240 eggs in total. When they were taking up too much space I decided to hatch them and my outcome was 2 shinies

I can count how many eggs each species had
48 excess beldum eggs
52 excess ghastly eggs
57 excess ralts eggs
43 excess eevee eggs
40 excess bagon eggs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)