UU Krookodile

QC: Meru / dingbat / dodmen
GP: frenzyplant (Stamped Psywaves's amcheck) / P Squared

Overview
########

Krookodile is a great Pokemon in the UU metagame. It has great Attack and decent Speed along with decent bulk. It also has a decent movepool, both offensively and defensively, and it has a very good offensive typing that hits a variety of foes hard. Krookodile has access to useful abilities in Intimidate and Moxie that allow it to play different roles in the metagame successfully, such as that of a Choice Band attacker. However, Krookodile has quite a lot of weaknesses to several common types, such as Fighting and Water, and even though its Speed is decent, it is outsped by a lot of threats in the metagame, meaning that they can easily KO it.

Choice Band
########
name: Choice Band
move 1: Earthquake
move 2: Knock Off
move 3: Stone Edge / Superpower
move 4: Pursuit / Superpower
ability: Intimidate
item: Choice Band
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly

Moves
========

Earthquake is a solid STAB attack that has excellent coverage and great Base Power, meaning it hits almost everything that doesn't resist it hard. Knock Off is another a good STAB attack that also has the utility of removing the foe's item. Stone Edge is a powerful move that not only hits the Flying-types that are immune to Earthquake but also has great coverage against other types, such as Bug. Pursuit traps Pokemon such as Chandelure and Alakazam and deals more damage to them if they try to switch out. Superpower can be used over Stone Edge or Pursuit for good coverage alongside Earthquake that hurts Pokemon such as Hydreigon and Blissey.

Set Details
========

Intimidate is used to boost Krookodile's staying power as it lowers the foe's Attack stat, and thus its damage output. Choice Band is used because it gives a huge boost to Krookodile's Attack. The investment in Attack and Speed ensures that Krookodile hits very hard and allows it to to outspeed Pokemon such as Lucario. The 4 Defense EVs are invested to give a small boost to Krookodile's Defense, while also letting it hit an odd HP number, which lessens Stealth Rock damage. A Jolly nature should be used alongside Choice Band to boost Krookodile's Speed because it already has enough power, and otherwise it misses out on outspeeding Pokemon such as Nidoking and the aforementioned Lucario.

Usage Tips
========

Krookodile is a good revenge killer as well as a good switch-in against most Ghost- and Psychic-types, as it can trap and beat them with Pursuit. Krookodile can also switch into Electric-type attackers such as Raikou and Mega Ampharos, as it is immune to their STAB attacks and can OHKO them with Earthquake. Don't recklessly use Earthquake, though; if the opponent has a Flying-type or a Levitate user, it can come in without problems and forces Krookodile to switch while it uses the free turn to set up. Use Pursuit if you predict that the opponent will switch out a foe that is weak to Dark-type attacks, as it will get boosted power and most likely OHKO the foe. This Krookodile functions as a wallbreaker, so you can send it in to weaken a selection of physical walls, such as Suicune.

Team Options
========

Cleric support from Pokemon such as Vaporeon or Florges is really appreciated, as these Pokemon have good synergy with Krookodile and burn will leave Krookodile quite weak. Pokemon that can take care of Fighting-types such as Florges, Crobat, and Mega Aerodactyl make for great teammates, as Fighting-types really threaten Krookodile. Pokemon that can reliably beat Grass-types, such as Arcanine and Mega Beedrill, are fine partners as well. Steel-types such as Bronzong and Mega Aggron make for good partners, as they can beat the Fairy-types that hinder Krookodile. Pokemon that can pass through physically defensive walls such as Suicune and Hippowdon are great partners, as they prevent Krookodile from sweeping. Examples of these Pokemon include Mega Sceptile and Hydreigon.

Non-Choice Attacker
########
name: Non-Choice Attacker
move 1: Knock Off
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Taunt / Stealth Rock
move 4: Pursuit / Stealth Rock / Superpower
item: Life Orb / Dread Plate / Earth Plate

Moves
========

Knock Off is a powerful STAB move that cripples most switch-ins by removing their items. Earthquake has great Base Power and good coverage, meaning that it hits a variety of Pokemon very hard. Taunt can be used in the third slot to prevent foes from setting up entry hazards or boosting their stats. Pursuit is an option in the last slot to trap and beat opposing Ghost- and Psychic-types. Superpower can go in the last slot as well because of its great coverage, but it lowers Krookodile's Attack and Defense. Stealth Rock hurts foes on the switch-in and helps Krookodile to KO the foe with greater ease, so it can be used in the third or the fourth slot.

Set Details
========

Intimidate lessens the damage output of the foe's physical attacks, meaning Krookodile has better staying power against Pokemon such as Crobat and Lucario. Life Orb is a good option for more overall power, but either Dread Plate or Earth Plate can be used instead depending on if you want to give a power boost to Earthquake or to Knock Off. The EVs maximize Krookodile's offensive capabilities, as they boost its Attack and Speed stats. 4 Defense EVs are invested to give a small boost to Krookodile's Defense, but they also let it hit an odd HP number, which lessens damage taken from Stealth Rock. A Jolly nature allows Krookodile to outspeed maximum Speed base 90s such as Lucario. A spread of 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe is another option that still outspeeds Adamant Lucario and Timid Chandelure and helps Krookodile stand up to Jirachi better. Alternatively, another spread of 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Spe still outspeeds Adamant Lucario and Timid Chandelure, but gives a bigger boost to Krookodile's bulk.

Usage Tips
========

Use Knock Off when you are unsure of what to do, as most Pokemon don't appreciate having their item removed. When you predict that a foe weak to Dark will switch out, which will most likely happen, use Pursuit to trap and KO it. Switch out of physical walls, as most of them can either inflict status on and cripple Krookodile or just completely outstall it.

Team Options
========

Pokemon such as Galvantula and Blissey provide Sticky Web or Thunder Wave support, respectively, which is useful because with this support, Krookodile will be able to outspeed Pokemon such as Mienshao and beat them before they can hit Krookodile. Special wallbreakers such as Hydreigon and Chandelure make for good partners, as they can beat the physical walls that hinder Krookodile from sweeping. Cleric support from Pokemon such as Florges or Vaporeon is very useful, as status such as burn really cripples Krookodile. Fire-types, such as Entei, which beat the Grass-types that resist Krookodile's main STAB move are great teammates as well. Flying-types such as Honchkrow and Crobat are great partners, as they are capable of outspeeding and beating most Fighting-types. Magneton and Jirachi are examples of Pokemon that can beat Fairy-types, which Krookodile struggles against. Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Azelf or the aforementioned Blissey is useful too, as it helps Krookodile KO its foes more often. Lastly, Fighting-type Pokemon such as Mienshao and Lucario are good teammates, as they can take advantage of Krookodile trapping Ghost- and Psychic-type Pokemon with Pursuit.

Choice Scarf
########
name: Choice Scarf
move 3: Stone Edge / Crunch
move 4: Pursuit
ability: Moxie
item: Choice Scarf
evs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Moves
========

Earthquake is Krookodile's most powerful STAB attack and has great coverage along with good Base Power, meaning it hits almost everything that doesn't resist it hard. Knock Off is a good STAB attack that also removes the item of the foe. Stone Edge is a powerful move that hits the Flying-types that are immune to Earthquake and also has great coverage against other Pokemon, such as Bug-types. Crunch can be used for permanent power in the third slot instead and has the added niche of hitting Mega Pokemon harder than Knock Off does. Pursuit traps Pokemon such as Chandelure and Alakazam and deals more damage to them if they try to switch out.

Set Details
========

Moxie boosts Krookodile's Attack stat after it knocks out a Pokemon with an attack, and it is the best option on an offensive set like this. Choice Scarf is used as it gives a huge boost to Krookodile's Speed. Maximum Attack and Speed EVs let Krookodile hit very hard and allow it to to outspeed Pokemon such as maximum Speed Lucario. 4 Defense EVs are invested to give a little boost to Krookodile's Defense stat, while letting Krookodile hit an odd HP number which lessens the damage taken from Stealth Rock. A Jolly nature should be used on this set because it allows Krookodile to outspeed maximum Speed Mega Aerodactyl, which it wouldn't be able to do otherwise.

Usage Tips
========

Krookodile can be sent in to revenge kill a foe after one of Krookodile's teammates has been beaten. Aside from that, Krookodile can also be switched into most Ghost- and Psychic-type Pokemon, as it can trap and beat them with a Pursuit afterwards. Krookodile can switch into Electric-type attacks from Pokemon such as Raikou and Mega Ampharos, as it is immune to them. Don't recklessly spam Earthquake if the opponent has a Flying-type or a Levitate user, as it can come in, force a switch, and set up that turn. Use Pursuit if you predict the opponent to switch out a Pokemon weak to Dark-type attacks, as its power will be boosted and it will most likely OHKO that Pokemon. Lastly, this Krookodile can be used as a late-game cleaner once physical walls are gone, so try to remove those first.

Team Options
========

Cleric support from Pokemon such as Blissey or Celebi is nice, as burns leave Krookodile weak and unable to function well. Pokemon that can get rid of threatening Fighting-types, such as Florges, Espeon, and Mega Aerodactyl, make for good partners too. Additionally, Pokemon that reliably beat Grass-types, such as Arcanine and Mega Beedrill, are fine partners as well, because Grass-types resist Krookodile's main STAB attack and can KO it with their STAB attacks. Steel-types such as Lucario and Mega Aggron are also good teammates because they can beat the Fairy-types that hinder Krookodile. Finally, Pokemon such as Mega Sceptil and Hydreigon, which can break through physically defensive walls such as Suicune and Hippowdon, are great partners for Krookodile, as walls prevent Krookodile from sweeping.

Other Options
########

A physically defensive set with Intimidate and a spread of 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def with an Impish nature is an option, but it's generally not worth running as it's mostly outclassed by Pokemon such as Hippowdon and Gligar, which have better Defense and access to reliable recovery. Bulk Up and Hone Claws are options to set up with, but running one of these moves means that Krookodile misses out on a coverage move, which it cannot afford to do. Iron Tail is an option to hit Fairy-types such as Florges and Diancie, but it doesn't have reliable accuracy and most Fairy-types are hit hard by Earthquake anyway. Aerial Ace hits Grass-types such as Mega Sceptile, Chesnaught, and Virizion hard, but it has low Base Power and poor coverage otherwise. Aqua Tail hits Hippowdon and Rhyperior for more damage than Krookodile's other attacks and allows it to 2HKO Hippowdon, which would otherwise wall it. Fire Fang has good coverage and a chance to burn and flinch opposing Pokemon, but it has low Base Power and doesn't have any relevant targets aside from Forretress. Lastly, Dragon Tail can be used to force out a foe if they try to set up and makes the Pokemon that was dragged in take entry hazard damage, but most foes aren't able to set up after Taunt anyway, and it has low Base Power and bad coverage too.

Checks & Counters
########

**Hydreigon**: Hydreigon resists Krookodile's STAB combination and can KO it with a Draco Meteor. However, it has to be wary of Superpower.

**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Mega Sceptile, Chesnaught, and Celebi resist Earthquake and can take any hit from Krookodile, with the exception of Knock Off in Celebi's case.

**Fairy-types**: Fairy-types such as Florges, Whimsicott, and Aromatisse resist Knock Off, are only 3HKOed by Earthquake, and can stall Krookodile out or beat it with a STAB attack.

**Physical Walls**: Physical walls such as Hippowdon, Suicune, and Gligar can all take Krookodile's hits well and stall it out or hit it hard, but they dislike taking a Knock Off.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types such as Mienshao, Machamp, and Infernape can take a hit from Krookodile and knock it out with a STAB attack, though Infernape needs to be wary of Earthquake.

**Faster Attackers**: Faster attackers such as Shaymin and Mienshao can take out Krookodile with one of their STAB attacks.

**Burn**: Burn is threatening for Krookodile, as it halves its Attack, meaning it will miss out on many important KOs.

Last edited:

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
We talked on PS! and we were able to clean up a lot of this analysis QC 1/3

Maybe someone can fix up the Team Options on Scarf to make them a little more accurate since I don't use it (Scarf Krook is kinda bad rn anyways) and I'm still unsure if PDef deserves its own set.

Crunch should be a slash on the Scarf set so you have a better chance at cleaning through Megas and things that are already crippled with Knock Off.

Taunt should be slashed with Stealth Rock on the offensive set, and Pursuit should be the first slash on the final slot. I don't agree with Moxie on the non-Scarf sets because it's rare to actually make use of the boost and Intimidate lets you check a ton of stuff better (Jirachi, Crobat, Lucario etc). The offensive set should also be listed above Scarf (but below Band) because yeah, Scarf Krook has never been very good.

I really don't see a need for a physically defensive set either as you're better off using Hippowdon or Gligar. I think that would fit better in OO, or even a mention of an alternate (bulkier) spread with Lefties on the offensive Orb/Plate set.

Bulk Up is an OO, replace Hone Claws with it cause there's literally no reason to ever use it when you have BU.

Hydreigon is one of Krook's best checks so that should be in there somewhere.

In the intro I don't think you should say that it struggles against defensive teams because CB and Orb/Plate are very hard to switch into. And with Taunt it can beat physical walls like Hippo and Gligar.

e: fuck ninjad but I still think this analysis needs a lot of these changes.

Crunch should be a slash on the Scarf set so you have a better chance at cleaning through Megas and things that are already crippled with Knock Off.

Taunt should be slashed with Stealth Rock on the offensive set, and Pursuit should be the first slash on the final slot. I don't agree with Moxie on the non-Scarf sets because it's rare to actually make use of the boost and Intimidate lets you check a ton of stuff better (Jirachi, Crobat, Lucario etc). The offensive set should also be listed above Scarf (but below Band) because yeah, Scarf Krook has never been very good.

I really don't see a need for a physically defensive set either as you're better off using Hippowdon or Gligar. I think that would fit better in OO, or even a mention of an alternate (bulkier) spread with Lefties on the offensive Orb/Plate set.

Bulk Up is an OO, replace Hone Claws with it cause there's literally no reason to ever use it when you have BU.

Hydreigon is one of Krook's best checks so that should be in there somewhere.

In the intro I don't think you should say that it struggles against defensive teams because CB and Orb/Plate are very hard to switch into. And with Taunt it can beat physical walls like Hippo and Gligar.

e: fuck ninjad but I still think this analysis needs a lot of these changes.
Will implement this stuff tomorrow, as well as I will write this up tomorrow.

Go ahead and implement the changes I suggested in my previous post, and we'll see where that leaves this.
edited everything, though do I keep or remove the phys Def set Ernesto Meru Calloflochie?

I think it's still worth it because Krookodile is one of the fastest SR setters and has okay speed for a taunter, plus it can switch into a handful physical attacker such as Crobat and Flygon, and has a niche over Hippowdon that it can Taunt and Knock Off the opponent.

Though, I do see a point because Gligar is better defensively, but I think a bit of offensive presence can be good too, which Gligar lacks.

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Crobat Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Krookodile: 127-151 (32.2 - 38.3%) -- 1.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Flygon Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Krookodile: 135-160 (34.2 - 40.6%) -- 53.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

(not qc obv)

You forgot to slash Taunt with SR on the offensive set, this is important cause it lets Krook beat some of its usual checks like Hippo or Gligar 1v1

I might be reading this wrong but I don't think Dudeman meant slashing Crunch and Knock Off together on the Scarf set; Crunch is supposed to be a stronger alternative to Knock Off in the endgame when everything has already lost its item / is a mega, so they shouldn't compete fr a moveslot.

Also I really think the bulkier spread (96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe to hit Timid Chandy and therefore Adamant Luke as well) should be mentioned in the set details of the offensive set, the extra bulk however small makes a real difference vs the likes of Jirachi.

Alright sorry for the massive delay. Here's what I've got left for this analysis.

Jellied Eels really hit the nail on the head with his post, Taunt absolutely needs to be slashed on the offensive set, it also prevents Zygarde from setting up which is huge. Crunch is not supposed to replace Knock Off, but is just a more reliable Dark STAB when Leftovers and Eviolites have already been Knocked Off. Slash it over Stone Edge imo. The alternate spread he posted is great too and could be mentioned in Set Details.

You should probably fix your first sentence in Usage Tips for the LO one ("locked into it, unlike being locked into it").

The physically defensive set can stay where it is I suppose, I'll edit my stamp into this post after the above has been implemented.

Last edited:
Also please rename the Offensive set to something like Non-choiced attacker or w/e (I'd say Offensive SR if you weren't gonna slash Taunt with it), it kinda makes it sound like the other sets aren't offensive x_x And I'd like some more discussion on the defensive set, because honestly 8/10 I'd use the offensive one with [close to] max HP and Taunt over Pursuit.

Alright sorry for the massive delay. Here's what I've got left for this analysis.

Jellied Eels really hit the nail on the head with his post, Taunt absolutely needs to be slashed on the offensive set, it also prevents Zygarde from setting up which is huge. Crunch is not supposed to replace Knock Off, but is just a more reliable Dark STAB when Leftovers and Eviolites have already been Knocked Off. Slash it over Stone Edge imo. The alternate spread he posted is great too and could be mentioned in Set Details.

You should probably fix your first sentence in Usage Tips for the LO one ("locked into it, unlike being locked into it").

The physically defensive set can stay where it is I suppose, I'll edit my stamp into this post after the above has been implemented.
Yeah sorry there, I forgot to do this. I'll absolutely do it right now. About the physically defensive set, i don't know what QC members think.

Also please rename the Offensive set to something like Non-choiced attacker or w/e (I'd say Offensive SR if you weren't gonna slash Taunt with it), it kinda makes it sound like the other sets aren't offensive x_x And I'd like some more discussion on the defensive set, because honestly 8/10 I'd use the offensive one with [close to] max HP and Taunt over Pursuit.
will do.

EDIT: Implemented!

Alright time to finish this up. I've thought about it for a while, and I think that the physically defensive set should be removed. Like Ernesto said, it's just better to use the "non-choiced attacker" with a bulkier EV spread and Stealth Rock over Pursuit. You should just go ahead and implement this change since there's not much discussion going on (maybe just wait for Ernesto to confirm). So yeah, delete the phys def set and in the second set just talk about how the EVs can be moved and etc in Set Details. When you're done with that let me know and I'll approve it, it looks good otherwise and I'll leave it up to the GP team.

Edit: talked a lot more about it on PS! and cleaned up more stuff, so QC 3/3.

Last edited:
Alright time to finish this up. I've thought about it for a while, and I think that the physically defensive set should be removed. Like Ernesto said, it's just better to use the "non-choiced attacker" with a bulkier EV spread and Stealth Rock over Pursuit. You should just go ahead and implement this change since there's not much discussion going on (maybe just wait for Ernesto to confirm). So yeah, delete the phys def set and in the second set just talk about how the EVs can be moved and etc in Set Details. When you're done with that let me know and I'll approve it, it looks good otherwise and I'll leave it up to the GP team.
will edit this - I'll edit this post when done.

e; Implemented!

Last edited:

Psywaves

Procrastinating Pedantic Perfectionist™
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hiya Soulblaster, amcheck here.
Add
Capitalise/capital -> lower case
Remove

Comments (sections highlighted in non-bold with this colour are large sections that comments apply to)
Overview
########

Krookodile is a great Pokemon in the UU metagame. It has a great Attack and average Speed (personally I'd change this to "decent"; average Speed doesn't make it sound like a selling point of Krook and its Speed isn't too bad) along with decent bulk. It does also haves a decent movepool, both offensively and defensively. Furthermore, and it has a very good offensive typing that enables it to hits a variety of types well foes hard. Krookodile has access to useful abilities in Intimidate and Moxie that allows it to play different roles in the metagame succesfully, such as that of a Choice Band attacker. However, Krookodile has quite a lot of weaknesses to several common Pokemon-types, such as Fighting and Water. Also, and even though Krookodile's Speed is average (again, maybe change to something like "decent"), it mostly leaves its outsped by a lot of threats in the metagame though, meaning that they can easily KO it.

Choice Band
########
evs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe (Attack comes before Defense in order of stats)

Moves
========

Earthquake is a solid STAB attack which grants that has (changed "grants" to "has" to fit in with the Base Power part) terrifying (I personally feel like an adjective such as "excellent" would better fit this line) coverage and great Base Power, meaning it almost hits almost everything well that doesn't resist it hard. Knock Off is also another good STAB attack that also has the utility of removing the foe's item (slightly altered this bit so that the word "also" wasn't repeated). Stone Edge is a powerful move that hits the Flying-types that are immune to Earthquake, but also has great coverage against other types (maybe mention some e.g Bug). Pursuit traps Pokemon such as Chandelure and Mega Alakazam and deals more damage to them if they try to switch out. Superpower can either be used over Stone Edge or Pursuit for good coverage alongside Earthquake which that hurts Pokemon such as Hydreigon and Blissey.

Set Details
========

Intimidate is used to boost Krookodile's physical staying power as it lowers the opponentfoe's (opponent = opposing player, foe = opponent's Pokémon) Attack stat, lowering their damage output. Choice Band is used as Krookodile's item, as it gives a huge power boost to Krookodile'its Attack. The investment in Attack and Speed ensures that Krookodile hits very hard and allows it to to outspeed Pokemon such as Lucario. The 4 Defense EVs are invested to give a small boost to Krookodile's Defense, while it also letsting it hit an odd HP number, (AC) which lessens damage taken from Stealth Rock. A Jolly nature should be used along Choice Band to give a boost to Krookodile's Speed because it already has enough attacking power, and otherwise it misses out on outspeeding Pokemon such as the aforementioned Lucario and Nidoking and the aforementioned Lucario(changed this for clarity; otherwise sounds like Nidoking may have been aforementioned).

Usage Tips
========

Krookodile is a good switch in to revenge(add space)kill a foe after it has beaten one of Krookodile's teammates. Krookodile is also a good switch-(add hyphen)in as well against most Ghost- and Psychic-types as it can trap them and beat them with a Pursuit. But, Krookodile can also switch into Electric-type attackers such as Raikou and Mega Ampharos, as it is immune to their STAB attacks and can OHKO them with Earthquake. When sending Krookodile in, don't recklessly use Earthquake; if the opponent has a Flying-type or a Levitate user, it can come in without problems and forces you Krookodile (Krookodile is the one switching as opposed to the player) to switch while it can set up use that turn to set up. Use Pursuit if you predict that the opponent to will switch out one of their Pokemon weak to Dark-type attacks, as it will get boosted power and most likely OHKO them Pokemon. This Krookodile functions as a wallbreaker, so you can send Krookodile it in to weaken a selection of physical walls (maybe state some examples from this selection of walls).

Team Options
========

Cleric support from Pokemon such as Vaporeon or Florges is really appreciated, as burn will leave Krookodile quite weak, but these Pokemon also have good typing synergy with Krookodile and a burn will leave Krookodile quite weak. Pokemon such as Florges, Crobat, (AC; serial comma; comma before "and" in a list) and Mega Aerodactyl which can take care of Fighting-types make great teammates, as Fighting-types really threaten Krookodile. Pokemon such as Arcanine or Beedrill that reliably beat Grass-types such as Arcanine or Beedrill make fine partners as well (otherwise sounds like Arcanine and Beedrill are Grass-types). Steel-types such as Bronzong and Mega Aggron make good partners as they can beat the Fairy-types that hinder Krookodile. Pokemon that can pass (subjective, but personally I feel that a verb such as "break" would be better suited here) through physically defensive walls such as Suicune and Hippowdon are great partners as they prevent Krookodile from sweeping. Examples of these Pokemon include Mega Sceptile and Hydreigon.

Non-Choiced Attacker
########
name: Non-Choiced Attacker
evs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Moves
========

Knock Off is a powerful STAB move that cripples most switch-(add hyphen)ins by removing their item. Earthquake has great Base Power and good coverage, meaning that it hits a variety of Pokemon very hard. Taunt can be used in the third slot to prevent opponents from setting up hazards or boosting their own stats (saying boosting their own stats would sort of give the impression that Krookodile is doing that too, which it isn't). Pursuit is an option in the last slot to trap opposing Ghjost- and Psychic-types and beat them. Superpower can go in the last slot as well because of its great coverage, but also it lowers Krookodile's physical Attack and Defense stats after useing it. Stealth Rock hurts foes on the switch in and helps Krookodile to KO the opponent foe with more greater ease, and therefore can be used in the third or the fourth slot.

Set Details
========

Intimidate is good as it lessens physical the damage output of the opponent foe's physical attacks, meaning that it Krookodile has better staying power against Pokemon such as Crobat and Lucario. Life Orb is a good usable (chosen to stick with "good" here; Life Orb is the primary slash so it's probably more than just "usable") option for overall more overall power, but either a Dread Plate or an Earth Plate can be used too instead depending on if you want to give a power boost to Earthquake or to Knock Off. The EVs max out Krookodile's offensive capabilities, as it they boosts its physical Attack and Speed stats. 4 Defense EVs are again (assuming this "again" part is referring to how 4 Defense EV were in the above set; can't assume that someone's read the set above before reading this one) invested to give a small boost to Krookodile's physical Defense, but it they also lets it hit an odd HP number which lessens damage taken from Stealth Rock. The A Jolly nature allows Krookodile to outspeed Pokemon with a base stat of 90 and max Speed base 90s, (RC) such as Lucario. A spread of 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe is another option that still outspeeds Adamant Lucario and Timid Chandelure too, and helps Krookodile stand up to Jirachi better. Alternatively, another spread of 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Spe to still out(remove space)speeds Adamant Lucario and Timid Chandelure, and gives a bigger boost to Krookodile's bulk.

Usage Tips
========

Use Knock Off when you are unsure what to do, as Krookodile won't be locked into it, unlike being locked into it, and (Krookodile won't be locked into anything on this set as it's not Choiced) most Pokemon don't appreciate having their item removed. When predicting an opponent that a foe that's weak to Dark to will switch, which will happen most likely happen, use Pursuit to trap and KO them. Switch out of physical walls, as most of them can inflict status on them and cripple Krookodile and cripple it, or just completely outstall it.

Team Options
========

Pokemon such as Galvantula and Blissey can provide Sticky Web or Thunder Wave support, respectively, (I guess adding "respectively" clarifies that Galv provides webs while Bliss provides T-wave) which is useful because with this support, Krookodile will be able to outspeed Pokemon such as Mienshao and beat it them before it they can hit Krookodile. Special wallbreakers such as Hydreigon and Chandelure make good partners as they can beat the physical walls that hinder Krookodile from sweeping. Cleric support from Pokemon such as Florges or Vaporeon is very useful, as status such as burn really cripples Krookodile. Fire-types such as Entei, (AC) which beat the Grass-types that resist Krookodile's main STAB move, are great teammates as well. (add space between full stop/period and the next word)Flying-types such as Honchkrow and Crobat are great partners, as they are capable of outspeeding most Fighting-types and beating them, are great partners. Magneton and Jirachi include examples of Pokemon that can beat up Fairy-types, which are is useful as Krookodile struggles against those Pokemon of the aforementioned type. Hazard support from Pokemon such as Azelf or the aforementioned Blissey is useful too, as this way Krookodile will be able to net KO an opponent its foes more often (maybe give some examples of notable KOs helped by hazards). Lastly, Pokemon such as Mienshao and Lucario are good teammates as they can take advantage of Krookodile trapping Ghost-(add hyphen) and Psychic-(add hyphen)type Pokemon with Pursuit.

Choice Scarf
########

Moves
========

Earthquake is a solid STAB attack which grants terrifying coverage and great base power, meaning it almost hits everything well that doesn't resist it. Knock Off is also a good STAB attack that also has the utility of removing the foe's item. Stone Edge is a powerful move that hits the Flying-types that are immune to Earthquake, but also has great coverage against other types. (for EQ/Knock Off/Stone Edge, see the comments in the Choice Band moves section. Also, I'd personally change these descriptions a little for the sake of variety too) Crunch can be used for permanent power in the third slot as well, and also has the added niche of hitting Mega Pokemon harder. (add full stop/period) Pursuit traps Pokemon such as Chandelure and Mega Alakazam and deals more damage to them if they try to switch out. (this bit is also the same as the one in the CB Moves section, maybe slightly change it for variety?)

Set Details
========

Moxie boosts Krookodile's Attack stat after it knocks out a Pokemon with an attack, and is the best option on an offensive set like this. Choice Scarf is used chosen as Krookodile's item, as it gives a huge boost to Krookodile's Speed. The investment in Attack and Speed ensure Krookodile hits very hard and allows it to to outspeed Pokemon such as Lucario. 4 Defense EVs are invested to give a little boost to Krookodile's Defense, while it also lets it hit an odd HP number which lessens damage taken from Stealth Rock. (see comments for Choice Band Set Details and maybe consider changing for variety) A Jolly nature should be used along on this set because it allows Krookodile to outspeed max Speed Mega Aerodactyl, as well as max Speed Mega Alakazam and trap it them with Pursuit, which it can't without it.

Usage Tips
========

Krookodile is a good switch in to revengekill a foe after it has beaten one of Krookodile's teammates. Krookodile can also be switched in against most Ghost- and Psychic-types as it can trap them and beat them with a Pursuit. Krookodile can switch into Electric-type attacks too from Pokemon such as Raikou and Mega Ampharos, as it is immune to their STAB attacks and can OHKO them with Earthquake. Don't recklessy use Earthquake; if the opponent has a Flying-type or a Levitate user, it can come in without problems and forces you to switch while it can set up that turn.Use Pursuit if you predict the opponent to switch out one of their Pokemon weak to Dark-type attacks, as it will get boosted power and most likely OHKO the Pokemon. (see comments in Usage Tips for CB Krook and consider slight changes for variety) This Krookodile can be used as a late-(add hyphen)game cleaner once the opposing physical walls are gone.

Team Options
========

Cleric support from Pokemon such as Blissey or Celebi is really appreciated, as a burn will leave Krookodile weak. Pokemon such as Florges, Espeon, (AC) and Mega Aerodactyl which can take care of Fighting-types make great teammates, as Fighting-types really threaten Krookodile (took out "really" in order to differentiate from the line in CB's Team Options) when sent in. Pokemon that reliably beat Grass-types such as Arcanine or Beedrill make fine partners as well, because those resist Krookodile's main STAB attack. (see CB Team Options and consider making small changes to differentiate) Steel-types such as Lucario and Mega Aggron make good partners as they can beat the Fairy-types that hinder Krookodile. (I'd consider changing this sentence a little; otherwise it reads exactly the same as the one in CB Team Options apart from the examples of Pokémon) Pokemon that can pass through physically defensive walls such as Suicune and Hippowdon are great partners as they prevent Krookodile from sweeping. Examples of these Pokemon include Mega Sceptile and Hydreigon. (see CB Team Options and consider changing for sake of variation)

Other Options
########

A physically defensive set with Intimidate and a spread of 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def with an Impish nature is an option, but it's generally not worth a set running as it's mostly outclassed by Pokemon such as Hippowdon and Gligar, as they which have better physical Defense and access to reliable recovery. Bulk Up and Hone Clwaws are move options to set up with, but in that situation running one of these moves means that Krookodile misses out on a coverage move, (AC) which it cannot afford, and because of that both moves aren't really worth it to do. Iron Tail is an option to hit Fairy-types such as Florges and Diancie which bother Krookodile, but hasn't got reliable recovery accuracy and most Fairy-types are hit better hard by Earthquake anyway. Aerial Ace hits Grass-types such as Mega Sceptile, Chesnaught, (AC) and Virizion hard which resist Earthquake, but has low Base Power and underaverage poor coverage otherwise and isn't good enough because of that. Aqua Tail hits Hippowdon and Rhyperior for more damage than its Krookodile's other attacks, (RC) and allows it to 2HKO the former one Hippowdon, which would otherwise wall it, along withhen holding a Choice Band which would otherwise wall it. Fire Fang has good coverage as well and a chance to burn and flinch opposing Pokemon, but has low Base Power and doesn't have any real relevant targets aside from Forretress. Lastly, Dragon Tail can be used to force out an opponent foe if they try to set up and also damages the forced in makes the Pokemon that was dragged in with take damage from Stealth Rock a bit, but most opponent foes aren't able to set up after Taunt anyway, (AC) and it has bad low Base Power and bad coverage too.

Checks & Counters
########

**Hydreigon**: Hydreigon is immune to Krookodile's main STAB combination and resist its Dark-type attacks, and can KO it with a Draco Meteor. However, it has to be wary of Superpower.

**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Mega Sceptile, Chesnaught, (AC) and Celebi resist Earthquake and can take anyone hit from Krookodile, with the exception Celebi, as Celebi the latter has to be wary of Knock Off.

**Fairy-types**: Fairy-types such as Florges, Whimsicott, (AC) and Aromatisse resist Knock Off, (AC) and are only 3HKOed by Earthquake, and can stall Krookodile out or beat it with a STAB attack.

**Physical Walls**: Physical walls such as Hippowdon, Suicune, (AC) and Gligar can all take Krookodile's hits well and stall it out or hit it hard, but they dislike to takeing a Knock Off.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types such as Mienshao, Machamp, (AC) and Infernape can take a hit from Krookodile and knock it out with a STAB attack, though the latter Infernape ("the latter" in this case would be Krookodile given that it was mentioned after Infernape) needs to be wary of Earthquake.

**Faster opponents Attackers**: Faster attackers, (RC) such as Shaymin or the aforementioned Mienshao can take out Krookodile with one of their STAB attacks.

**Burn**: Burn is threatening for Krookodile, as it halves its Attack power, meaning that it will miss out on many important KOes ("KOs" is the plural noun; "KOes" is the verb form).

Last edited:

frenzyplant

Inertia is a property of matter.
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hiya Soulblaster, amcheck here.
Add
Capitalise/capital -> lower case
Remove

Comments (sections highlighted in non-bold with this colour are large sections that comments apply to)
gp changes
Overview
########

Krookodile is a great Pokemon in the UU metagame. It has a great Attack and average Speed (personally I'd change this to "decent"; average Speed doesn't make it sound like a selling point of Krook and its Speed isn't too bad) along with decent bulk. It does also haves a decent movepool, both offensively and defensively. Furthermore, and it has a very good offensive typing that enables it to hits a variety of types well foes hard. Krookodile has access to useful abilities in Intimidate and Moxie that allows it to play different roles in the metagame succesfully, such as that of a Choice Band attacker. However, Krookodile has quite a lot of weaknesses to several common Pokemon-types, such as Fighting and Water. Also, and even though its Krookodile's Speed is average (again, maybe change to something like "decent"), it mostly leaves its outsped by a lot of threats in the metagame though, meaning that they can easily KO it.

Choice Band
########
evs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe (Attack comes before Defense in order of stats)

Moves
========

Earthquake is a solid STAB attack which grants that has (changed "grants" to "has" to fit in with the Base Power part) terrifying (I personally feel like an adjective such as "excellent" would better fit this line) coverage and great Base Power, meaning it almost hits almost everything well that doesn't resist it hard. Knock Off is also another good STAB attack that also has the utility of removing the foe's item (slightly altered this bit so that the word "also" wasn't repeated). Stone Edge is a powerful move that not only hits the Flying-types that are immune to Earthquake, (remove comma) but also has great coverage against other types (maybe mention some e.g Bug). Pursuit traps Pokemon such as Chandelure and Mega Alakazam and deals more damage to them if they try to switch out. Superpower can either be used over either Stone Edge or Pursuit for good coverage alongside Earthquake which that hurts Pokemon such as Hydreigon and Blissey.

Set Details
========

Intimidate is used to boost Krookodile's physical staying power as it lowers the opponentfoe's (opponent = opposing player, foe = opponent's Pokémon) Attack stat, lowering their and thus its (foe is singular) damage output. Choice Band is used as Krookodile's item, as because it gives a huge power boost to Krookodile'its Krookodile's Attack. The investment in Attack and Speed ensures that Krookodile hits very hard and allows it to to outspeed Pokemon such as Lucario. The 4 Defense EVs are invested to give a small boost to Krookodile's Defense, while it also letsting it hit an odd HP number, (AC) which lessens damage taken from Stealth Rock. (tbh I would just change this to "Stealth Rock damage", as it's both correct and short) A Jolly nature should be used along Choice Band to give a boost to Krookodile's Speed because it already has enough attacking power, and otherwise it misses out on outspeeding Pokemon such as the aforementioned Lucario and Nidoking and the aforementioned Lucario(changed this for clarity; otherwise sounds like Nidoking may have been aforementioned).

Usage Tips
========

Krookodile is a good switch in to revenge(add space)kill a foe after it has beaten one of Krookodile's teammates. (italicized part isn't necessary because it's the defenition of "revenge kill", but then the sentence is very short and kind of awkward, so just change underlined section to "Krookodile is a good revenge killer" or something like that?) Krookodile is also a good switch-(add hyphen)in to as well against most Ghost- and Psychic-types as it can trap them and beat them with a Pursuit. But, Krookodile can also switch into Electric-type attackers such as Raikou and Mega Ampharos, as it is immune to their STAB attacks and can OHKO them with Earthquake. When sending Krookodile in, don't recklessly use Earthquake; if the opponent has a Flying-type or a Levitate user, it can come in without problems and forces you Krookodile (Krookodile is the one switching as opposed to the player well, the player switches x Pokemon in/out, so this is technically not incorrect, but I don't oppose the change) to switch while it can set up use that turn to set up. Use Pursuit if you predict that the opponent to will switch out a foe that is one of their Pokemon weak to Dark-type attacks, as it will get boosted power and most likely OHKO them Pokemon. This Krookodile functions as a wallbreaker, so you can send Krookodile it in to weaken a selection of physical walls (maybe state some examples from this selection of walls).

Team Options
========

Cleric support from Pokemon such as Vaporeon or Florges is really appreciated, as burn will leave Krookodile quite weak, but these Pokemon also have good typing synergy with Krookodile and a burn will leave Krookodile quite weak. Pokemon such as Florges, Crobat, (AC; serial comma; comma before "and" in a list) and Mega Aerodactyl which can take care of Fighting-types make great teammates, as Fighting-types really threaten Krookodile. Pokemon such as Arcanine or Beedrill that can reliably beat Grass-types such as Arcanine or Beedrill make fine partners as well (otherwise sounds like Arcanine and Beedrill are Grass-types). Steel-types such as Bronzong and Mega Aggron make good partners, (comma) as they can beat the Fairy-types that hinder Krookodile. Pokemon that can pass (subjective, but personally I feel that a verb such as "break" would be better suited here yep) through physically defensive walls such as Suicune and Hippowdon are great partners as they prevent Krookodile from sweeping. Examples of these Pokemon include Mega Sceptile and Hydreigon.

Non-Choiced Attacker
########
name: Non-Choiced Attacker

Moves
========

Knock Off is a powerful STAB move that cripples most switch-(add hyphen)ins by removing their items. Earthquake has great Base Power and good coverage, meaning that it hits a variety of Pokemon very hard. Taunt can be used in the third slot to prevent opponents foes from setting up entry hazards or boosting their own stats (saying boosting their own stats would sort of give the impression that Krookodile is doing that too, which it isn't). Pursuit is an option in the last slot to trap and beat opposing Ghjost- and Psychic-types and beat them. Superpower can go in the last slot as well (unnecessary change, you may implement) because of its great coverage, but also it lowers Krookodile's physical Attack and Defense stats after useing it. Stealth Rock hurts foes on the switch in and helps (redundant with "greater ease") Krookodile to KO the opponent foe with more greater ease, so it and therefore can be used in the third or the fourth slot.

Set Details
========

Intimidate is good as it lessens physical the damage output of the opponent foe's physical attacks, meaning that it Krookodile has better staying power against Pokemon such as Crobat and Lucario. Life Orb is a good usable (chosen to stick with "good" here; Life Orb is the primary slash so it's probably more than just "usable") option for overall more overall power, but either a Dread Plate or an Earth Plate can be used too instead depending on if you want to give a power boost to Earthquake or to Knock Off. The EVs max out Krookodile's offensive capabilities, as it they boosts its physical Attack and Speed stats. 4 Defense EVs are again (assuming this "again" part is referring to how 4 Defense EV were in the above set; can't assume that someone's read the set above before reading this one right. no cross-set referencing, sets should be able to stand alone.) invested to give a small boost to Krookodile's physical Defense, but it they also lets it hit an odd HP number which lessens damage taken from Stealth Rock. The A Jolly nature allows Krookodile to outspeed Pokemon with a base stat of 90 and max Speed base 90s, (RC) such as Lucario. A spread of 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe is another option that still outspeeds Adamant Lucario and Timid Chandelure too, (remove comma) and helps Krookodile stand up to Jirachi better. Alternatively, another spread of 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Spe to still out(remove space)speeds Adamant Lucario and Timid Chandelure, and but gives a bigger boost to Krookodile's bulk.

Usage Tips
========

Use Knock Off when you are unsure what to do, as Krookodile won't be locked into it, unlike being locked into it, and (Krookodile won't be locked into anything on this set as it's not Choiced) most Pokemon don't appreciate having their item removed. When predicting an opponent that a foe that's weak to Dark to will switch out, which will happen most likely happen, use Pursuit to trap and KO it them. (another pronoun-antecedent agreement thing) Switch out of physical walls, as most of them can inflict status on them and cripple Krookodile and cripple it, or just completely outstall it.

Team Options
========

Pokemon such as Galvantula and Blissey can provide Sticky Web or Thunder Wave support, respectively, (I guess adding "respectively" clarifies that Galv provides webs while Bliss provides T-wave) which is useful because with this support, Krookodile will be able to outspeed Pokemon such as Mienshao and beat it them before it they can hit Krookodile. Special wallbreakers such as Hydreigon and Chandelure make good partners as they can beat the physical walls that hinder Krookodile from sweeping. Cleric support from Pokemon such as Florges or Vaporeon is very useful, as status such as burn really cripples Krookodile. Fire-types such as Entei, (AC) which beat the Grass-types that resist Krookodile's main STAB move, are great teammates as well. (add space between full stop/period and the next word)Flying-types such as Honchkrow and Crobat are great partners, as they are capable of outspeeding and beating most Fighting-types and beating them, are great partners. Magneton and Jirachi include examples of Pokemon that can beat up Fairy-types, which are is useful as Krookodile struggles against those Pokemon of the aforementioned type (unnecessary change). Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Azelf or the aforementioned Blissey is useful too, as this way Krookodile will be able to net KO an opponent its foes more often (maybe give some examples of notable KOs helped by hazards). Lastly, Fighting-type Pokemon such as Mienshao and Lucario are good teammates as they can take advantage of Krookodile trapping Ghost-(add hyphen) and Psychic-(add hyphen)type Pokemon with Pursuit.

Choice Scarf
########

Moves
========

Earthquake is a solid STAB attack which grants terrifying coverage and great base power, meaning it almost hits everything well that doesn't resist it. Knock Off is also a good STAB attack that also has the utility of removing the foe's item. Stone Edge is a powerful move that hits the Flying-types that are immune to Earthquake, but also has great coverage against other types. (for EQ/Knock Off/Stone Edge, see the comments in the Choice Band moves section. Also, I'd personally change these descriptions a little for the sake of variety too) Crunch can be used for permanent power in the third slot as well, (remove comma) and also has the added niche of hitting Mega Pokemon harder. (add full stop/period) Pursuit traps Pokemon such as Chandelure and Mega Alakazam and deals more damage to them if they try to switch out. (this bit is also the same as the one in the CB Moves section, maybe slightly change it for variety?)

Set Details
========

Moxie boosts Krookodile's Attack stat after it knocks out a Pokemon with an attack, (remove comma) and is the best option on an offensive set like this. Choice Scarf is used chosen as Krookodile's item, as it gives a huge boost to Krookodile's Speed. The investment in Attack and Speed ensure Krookodile hits very hard and allows it to to outspeed Pokemon such as Lucario. 4 Defense EVs are invested to give a little boost to Krookodile's Defense, while it also lets it hit an odd HP number which lessens damage taken from Stealth Rock. (see comments for Choice Band Set Details and maybe consider changing for variety) A Jolly nature should be used along on this set because it allows Krookodile to outspeed max Speed Mega Aerodactyl, as well as max Speed and Mega Alakazam and trap it them with Pursuit, which it can't without it.

Usage Tips
========

Krookodile is a good switch in to revengekill a foe after it has beaten one of Krookodile's teammates. Krookodile can also be switched in against most Ghost- and Psychic-types as it can trap them and beat them with a Pursuit. Krookodile can switch into Electric-type attacks too from Pokemon such as Raikou and Mega Ampharos, as it is immune to their STAB attacks and can OHKO them with Earthquake. Don't recklessy use Earthquake; if the opponent has a Flying-type or a Levitate user, it can come in without problems and forces you to switch while it can set up that turn.Use Pursuit if you predict the opponent to switch out one of their Pokemon weak to Dark-type attacks, as it will get boosted power and most likely OHKO the Pokemon. (see comments in Usage Tips for CB Krook and consider slight changes for variety) This Krookodile can be used as a late-(add hyphen)game cleaner once the opposing physical walls are gone.

Team Options
========

Cleric support from Pokemon such as Blissey or Celebi is really appreciated, as a burn will leave Krookodile weak. Pokemon such as Florges, Espeon, (AC) and Mega Aerodactyl which that can take care of Fighting-types make great teammates, as Fighting-types really threaten Krookodile (took out "really" in order to differentiate from the line in CB's Team Options) when sent in. Pokemon that reliably beat Grass-types such as Arcanine or Beedrill make fine partners as well, because those resist Krookodile's main STAB attack. (see CB Team Options and consider making small changes to differentiate) Steel-types such as Lucario and Mega Aggron make good partners, (comma) as they can beat the Fairy-types that hinder Krookodile. (I'd consider changing this sentence a little; otherwise it reads exactly the same as the one in CB Team Options apart from the examples of Pokémon) Pokemon that can pass through physically defensive walls such as Suicune and Hippowdon are great partners as they prevent Krookodile from sweeping. Examples of these Pokemon include Mega Sceptile and Hydreigon. (see CB Team Options and consider changing for sake of variation)

Other Options
########

A physically defensive set with Intimidate and a spread of 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def with an Impish nature is an option, but it's generally not worth a set running as it's mostly outclassed by Pokemon such as Hippowdon and Gligar, as they which have better physical Defense and access to reliable recovery. Bulk Up and Hone Clwaws are move options to set up with, but in that situation running one of these moves means that Krookodile misses out on a coverage move, (AC) which it cannot afford, and because of that both moves aren't really worth it to do. Iron Tail is an option to hit Fairy-types such as Florges and Diancie which bother Krookodile, but it hasn't got (this sounds british, consider changing to "doesn't have") reliable recovery accuracy and most Fairy-types are hit better hard by Earthquake anyway. Aerial Ace hits Grass-types such as Mega Sceptile, Chesnaught, (AC) and Virizion hard which resist Earthquake, but it has low Base Power and underaverage poor coverage otherwise and isn't good enough because of that. Aqua Tail hits Hippowdon and Rhyperior for more damage than its Krookodile's other attacks, (RC) and allows it Choice Band variants to 2HKO the former one Hippowdon, which would otherwise wall it, along withhen holding a Choice Band which would otherwise wall it. Fire Fang has good coverage as well and a chance to burn and or flinch opposing Pokemon, but it has low Base Power and doesn't have any real relevant targets aside from Forretress. Lastly, Dragon Tail can be used to force out an opponent foe if they try to set up and also damages the forced in makes the Pokemon that was dragged in with take damage from Stealth Rock a bit, but most opponent foes aren't able to set up after Taunt anyway, (AC) and it has bad low Base Power and bad coverage too.

Checks & Counters
########

**Hydreigon**: Hydreigon resists is immune to Krookodile's main STAB combination and resist its Dark-type attacks, and can KO it with a Draco Meteor. However, it has to be wary of Superpower.

**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Mega Sceptile, Chesnaught, (AC) and Celebi resist Earthquake and can take anyone hit from Krookodile, with the exception of Celebi, which as Celebi the latter has to be wary of Knock Off.

**Fairy-types**: Fairy-types such as Florges, Whimsicott, (AC) and Aromatisse resist Knock Off, (AC) and are only 3HKOed by Earthquake, and can stall Krookodile out or beat it with a STAB attack.

**Physical Walls**: Physical walls such as Hippowdon, Suicune, (AC) and Gligar can all take Krookodile's hits well and stall it out or hit it hard, but they dislike to takeing a Knock Off.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types such as Mienshao, Machamp, (AC) and Infernape can take a hit from Krookodile and knock it out with a STAB attack, though the latter Infernape ("the latter" in this case would be Krookodile given that it was mentioned after Infernape) needs to be wary of Earthquake.

**Faster opponents Attackers**: Faster attackers, (RC) such as Shaymin or the aforementioned and Mienshao can take out Krookodile with one of their STAB attacks.

**Burn**: Burn is threatening for Krookodile, as it halves its Attack power, meaning that it will miss out on many important KOes ("KOs" is the plural noun; "KOes" is the verb form).
Stamping good amcheck with some comments, 1/2 :) Keep up the great work, Psywaves! Your subjective changes are mostly correct, and most of what I changed was further subjective/rewording; however, you did miss some errors in the vein of "Ninjask is fast, and can KO Weedle" where the comma is not necessary.

frenzyplant

Inertia is a property of matter.
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Choice Scarf
########

Moves
========

Earthquake is Krookodile's most powerful STAB attack and that has great coverage along with good Base Power, meaning it almost hits almost everything that doesn't resist it hard well that doesn't resist it. Knock Off is also a good STAB attack that also removes the item of the foe after it has been hit. Stone Edge is a powerful move that hits the Flying-types that are immune to Earthquake, but and also has great coverage against other Pokemon types, such as Bug-types. Crunch can be used for permanent power in the third slot instead as well, and also has the added niche of hitting Mega Pokemon harder than Knock Off. Pursuit traps Pokemon such as Chandelure and Mega Alakazam and deals more damage to them if they try to switch out.

Set Details
========

Moxie boosts Krookodile's Attack stat after it knocks out a Pokemon with an attack, and is the best option on an offensive set like this. Choice Scarf is used as item, as it gives a huge boost to Krookodile's Speed. Max Attack and Speed EVs let Krookodile hit very hard and allows it to to outspeed Pokemon such as max Speed Lucario. 4 Defense EVs are invested to give a little boost to Krookodile's Defense stat, while letting it also lets Krookodile hit an odd HP number which lessens the damage taken from Stealth Rock. A Jolly nature should be used on along this set because it allows Krookodile to outspeed max Speed Mega Aerodactyl, (remove comma) and as well as max Speed Mega Alakazam and trap it with Pursuit, which it can't without it.

Usage Tips
========

Krookodile can be sent in to revenge kill a foe after one of Krookodile's teammates has been beaten. Aside from that, Krookodile can also be switched into against most Ghost- and Psychic-type Pokemon as it can trap and beat them with a Pursuit afterwards. Krookodile can switch into Electric-type attacks too from Pokemon such as Raikou and Mega Ampharos, as it is immune to them it. Don't recklessly spam Earthquake; (remove comma) if the opponent has a Flying-type or a Levitate user, as it can come in, (comma) force a switch, and while it can set up that turn. Use Pursuit if you predict the opponent to switch out a Pokemon that is one of their Pokemon weak to Dark-type attacks, as its power will be boosted and it will most likely OHKO that Pokemon the Pokemon weak to it. Lastly, this Krookodile can be used as a late-game cleaner once the physical walls are gone, so try to remove those first.

Team Options
========

Cleric support from Pokemon such as Blissey or Celebi is nice, as burns leave will leave Krookodile weak and unable to function well. Pokemon that can get rid of threatening Fighting-types, such as Florges, Espeon, and Mega Aerodactyl, make good partners too. Additionally, Pokemon that reliably beat Grass-types, (comma) such as Arcanine or and Mega Beedrill, (comma) make fine partners as well, because those resist Krookodile's main STAB attack and can KO it with their STAB attacks. Steel-types such as Lucario and Mega Aggron are also good teammates because they can beat the Fairy-types that hinder Krookodile. Finally, Pokemon such as Mega Sceptile and Hydreigon that can break through beat physically defensive walls such as Suicune and Hippowdon are great partners for Krookodile, as walls those defensive Pokemon prevent Krookodile from sweeping. Examples of these Pokemon that can break through those defensive Pokemon include Mega Sceptile and Hydreigon.

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
2/2! be careful when implementing changes though; I noticed a few extra or missing spaces.

Overview
########

Krookodile is a great Pokemon in the UU metagame. It has great Attack and decent Speed (space) along with decent bulk. It also has a decent movepool, both offensively and defensively, and it has a very good offensive typing that hits a variety of foes hard. Krookodile has access to useful abilities in Intimidate and Moxie that allow it to play different roles in the metagame successfully (missed an s), such as that of a Choice Band attacker. However, Krookodile has quite a lot of weaknesses to several common types, such as Fighting and Water, and even though its Speed is decent, it is outsped by a lot of threats in the metagame, meaning that they can easily KO it.

Choice Band
########

Moves
========

Earthquake is a solid STAB attack that has excellent coverage and great Base Power, meaning it hits almost everything that doesn't resist it hard. Knock Off is another a good STAB attack that also has the utility of removing the foe's item. Stone Edge is a powerful move that not only hits the Flying-types that are immune to Earthquake but also has great coverage against other types, such as Bug. Pursuit traps Pokemon such as Chandelure and Mega Alakazam and deals more damage to them if they try to switch out. Superpower can be used over Stone Edge or Pursuit for good coverage alongside Earthquake that hurts Pokemon such as Hydreigon and Blissey.

Set Details
========

Intimidate is used to boost Krookodile's staying power as it lowers the foe's Attack stat, and thus its damage output. Choice Band is used because it gives a huge boost to Krookodile's Attack. The investment in Attack and Speed ensures that Krookodile hits very hard and allows it to to outspeed Pokemon such as Lucario. The 4 Defense EVs are invested to give a small boost to Krookodile's Defense, while also letting it hit an odd HP number, (comma) which lessens Stealth Rock damage. A Jolly nature should be used alongside Choice Band to give a boost to Krookodile's Speed because it already has enough power, and otherwise it misses out on outspeeding Pokemon such as Nidoking and the aforementioned Lucario.

Usage Tips
========

Krookodile is a good revenge killer. Krookodile is as well as a good switch-in as well against most Ghost- and Psychic-types, (comma) as it can trap and beat them with Pursuit. Krookodile can also switch into Electric-type attackers such as Raikou and Mega Ampharos, as it is immune to their STAB attacks and can OHKO them with Earthquake. When sending Krookodile in (hm, I think you can take this part out, because Krookodile can't use Earthquake when it is being sent in.), dDon't recklessly use Earthquake, though; if the opponent has a Flying-type or a Levitate user, it can come in without problems and force Krookodile to switch while it uses the free that turn to set up. Use Pursuit if you predict that the opponent will switch out a foe that is weak to Dark-type attacks, as it will get boosted power and most likely OHKO them foe. This Krookodile functions as a wallbreaker, so you can send it in to weaken a selection of physical walls, such as Suicune.

Team Options
========

Cleric support from Pokemon such as Vaporeon or Florges is really appreciated, as these Pokemon have good synergy with Krookodile and burn will leave Krookodile quite weak. Pokemon that can take care of Fighting-types, such as Florges, Crobat, and Mega Aerodactyl, (comma) that can take care of Fighting-types make for great teammates, as Fighting-types really threaten Krookodile. Pokemon such as Arcanine or Mega Beedrill that can reliably beat Grass-types, such as Arcanine and Mega Beedrill, are make fine partners as well. Steel-types such as Bronzong and Mega Aggron make for good partners, (comma) as they can beat the Fairy-types that hinder Krookodile. Pokemon that can pass through physically defensive walls such as Suicune and Hippowdon are great partners, as they prevent Krookodile from sweeping. Examples of these Pokemon include Mega Sceptile and Hydreigon.

Non-Choice Attacker
########
name: Non-Choice Attacker

Moves
========

Knock Off is a powerful STAB move that cripples most switch-ins by removing their items. Earthquake has great Base Power and good coverage, meaning that it hits a variety of Pokemon very hard. Taunt can be used in the third slot to prevent foes from setting up entry hazards or boosting their stats. Pursuit is an option in the last slot to trap and beat opposing Ghost- and Psychic-types. Superpower can go in the last slot as well because of its great coverage, but it lowers Krookodile's Attack and Defense after using it. Stealth Rock hurts foes on the switch-in and helps Krookodile to KO the foe with greater ease, so it can be used in the third or the fourth slot.

Set Details
========

Intimidate is good as it lessens the damage (add space) output of the foe's physical attacks, meaning Krookodile it has better staying power against Pokemon such as Crobat and Lucario. Life Orb is a good option for more overall power, but either Dread Plate or Earth Plate can be used instead depending on if you want to give a power boost to Earthquake or to Knock Off. The EVs max out maximize Krookodile's offensive capabilities, as they boost its Attack and Speed stats. 4 Defense EVs are invested to give a small boost to Krookodile's Defense, but they also let it hit an odd HP number, (comma) which lessens damage taken from Stealth Rock. A Jolly nature allows Krookodile to outspeed maximum Speed base 90s such as Lucario. A spread of 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe is another option that still outspeeds Adamant Lucario and Timid Chandelure too and helps Krookodile stand up to Jirachi better. Alternatively, another spread of 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Spe still outspeeds Adamant Lucario and Timid Chandelure, but gives a bigger boost to Krookodile's bulk.

Usage Tips
========

Use Knock Off when you are unsure of what to do, as most Pokemon don't appreciate having their item removed. When you predict (I think you meant to include that? there seemed to be words missing here) that a foe weak to Dark will switch out, which will most likely happen, use Pursuit to trap and KO it. Switch out of physical walls, as most of them can either inflict status on and cripple Krookodile, (remove comma) or just completely outstall it.

Team Options
========

Pokemon such as Galvantula and Blissey provide Sticky Web or Thunder Wave support, respectively, which is useful because with this support, Krookodile will be able to outspeed Pokemon such as Mienshao and beat them before they can hit Krookodile. Special wallbreakers such as Hydreigon and Chandelure make for good partners, (comma) as they can beat the physical walls that hinder Krookodile from sweeping. Cleric support from Pokemon such as Florges or Vaporeon is very useful, as status such as burn really cripples Krookodile. Fire-types, (comma) such as Entei, which beat the Grass-types that resist Krookodile's main STAB move, (remove comma) are great teammates as well. Flying-types such as Honchkrow and Crobat are great partners, as they are capable of outspeeding and beating most Fighting-types. Magneton and Jirachi include are examples of Pokemon that can beat Fairy-types, which are useful as Krookodile struggles against those. Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Azelf or the aforementioned Blissey is useful too, as it helps this way Krookodile will be able to KO its foes more often. Lastly, Fighting-type Pokemon such as Mienshao and Lucario are good teammates, (comma) as they can take advantage of Krookodile trapping Ghost- and Psychic-type Pokemon with Pursuit.

Choice Scarf
########

Moves
========

Earthquake is Krookodile's most powerful STAB attack and has great coverage along with good Base Power, meaning it hits almost everything that doesn't resist it hard. Knock Off is a good STAB attack that also removes the item of the foe. Stone Edge is a powerful move that hits the Flying-types that are immune to Earthquake and also has great coverage against other Pokemon, such as Bug-types. Crunch can be used for permanent power in the third slot instead and has the added niche of hitting Mega Pokemon harder than Knock Off does. Pursuit traps Pokemon such as Chandelure and Mega Alakazam and deals more damage to them if they try to switch out.

Set Details
========

Moxie boosts Krookodile's Attack stat after it knocks out a Pokemon with an attack, and it is the best option on an offensive set like this. Choice Scarf is used as it gives a huge boost to Krookodile's Speed. Maximum Attack and Speed EVs let Krookodile hit very hard and allow it to to outspeed Pokemon such as maximum Speed Lucario. 4 Defense EVs are invested to give a little boost to Krookodile's Defense stat, while letting Krookodile hit an odd HP number, (comma) which lessens the damage taken from Stealth Rock. A Jolly nature should be used omthis on this set because it allows Krookodile to outspeed maximum Speed Mega Aerodactyl, which it wouldn't be able to do otherwise can't without it.

Usage Tips
========

Krookodile can be sent in to revenge kill a foe after one of Krookodile's teammates has been beaten. Aside from that, Krookodile can also be switched into most Ghost- and Psychic-type Pokemon, (comma) as it can trap and beat them with a Pursuit afterwards. Krookodile can switch into Electric-type attacks too from Pokemon such as Raikou and Mega Ampharos, as it is immune to them. Don't recklessly spam Earthquake if the opponent has a Flying-type or a Levitate user, as it can come in, (comma) force a switch, and set up that turn. Use Pursuit if you predict the opponent to switch out a Pokemon weak to Dark-type attacks, as its power will be boosted and it will most likely OHKO that Pokemon. Lastly, this Krookodile can be used as a late-game cleaner once physical walls are gone, so try to remove those first.

Team Options
========

Cleric support from Pokemon such as Blissey or Celebi is nice, as burns leave Krookodile weak and unable to function well. Pokemon that can get rid of threatening Fighting-types, such as Florges, Espeon, and Mega Aerodactyl, make for good partners too. Additionally, Pokemon that reliably beat Grass-types, such as Arcanine and Mega Beedrill, are make fine partners as well, because those Grass-types resist Krookodile's main STAB attack and can KO it with their STAB attacks. Steel-types such as Lucario and Mega Aggron are also good teammates because they can beat the Fairy-types that hinder Krookodile. Finally, Pokemon such as Mega Sceptile and Hydreigon, which that can break through physically defensive walls such as Suicune and Hippowdon, (comma) are great partners for Krookodile, as walls prevent (space) Krookodile from sweeping.
(just one blank line)

Other Options
########

A physically defensive set with Intimidate and a spread of 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def with an Impish nature is an option, but it's generally not worth running as it's mostly outclassed by Pokemon such as Hippowdon and Gligar, which have better Defense and access to reliable recovery. Bulk Up and Hone Claws are options to set up with, but running one of these moves means that Krookodile misses out on a coverage move, (comma) which it cannot afford to do. Iron Tail is an option to hit Fairy-types such as Florges and Diancie, but it doesn't have reliable accuracy and most Fairy-types are hit hard by Earthquake anyway. Aerial Ace hits Grass-types such as Mega Sceptile, Chesnaught, and Virizion hard, but it has low Base Power and poor coverage otherwise. Aqua Tail hits Hippowdon and Rhyperior for more damage than Krookodile's other attacks and allows it to 2HKO Hippowdon, which would otherwise wall it. Fire Fang has good coverage and a chance to burn or and flinch opposing Pokemon, but it has low Base Power and doesn't have any relevant targets aside from Forretress. Lastly, Dragon Tail can be used to force out a foe if they try to set up and makes the Pokemon that was dragged in take entry hazard damage from Stealth Rock, but most foes aren't able to set up after Taunt anyway, and it has low Base Power and bad coverage too.
(just one blank line)

Checks & Counters
########

**Hydreigon**: Hydreigon resists Krookodile's STAB combination, (remove comma) and can KO it with a Draco Meteor. However, it has to be wary of Superpower.

**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Mega Sceptile, Chesnaught, and Celebi resist Earthquake and can take any hit from Krookodile, with the exception of Knock Off in Celebi's case, which has to be wary of Knock Off.

**Fairy-types**: Fairy-types such as Florges, Whimsicott, (space after comma) and Aromatisse resist Knock Off (remove space before comma), are only 3HKOed by Earthquake, and can stall Krookodile out or beat it with a STAB attack.

**Physical Walls**: Physical walls such as Hippowdon, Suicune, and Gligar can all take Krookodile's hits well and stall it out or hit it hard, but they dislike taking a Knock Off.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types such as Mienshao, Machamp, and Infernape can take a hit from Krookodile and knock it out with a STAB attack, though Infernape needs to be wary of Earthquake.

**Faster Attackers**: Faster attackers such as Shaymin and Mienshao can take out Krookodile with one of their STAB attacks.

**Burn**: Burn is threatening for Krookodile, as it halves its Attack, meaning it will miss out on many important KOs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)