ORAS Ubers Mega Salamence OU Team

Works for the ORAS catridge gaming or not?

• Total voters
This is my first RMT but not my first team. Just so you know I had used this team to climb the ORAS OU ladder (while salamence-mega was OU) and now I am pretty high in Ubers but I have another Ubers team. This Team uses type synergy to get switches.

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Fury (Salamence) (M) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return/Double-Edge

Obviously. He is the mega and the star of the team. The reason I chose him is because Salamence was a long time favorite and after his new found mega I had to build a team with him. Salamence and his EVs allow him to be bulky and fast but mainly just letting him hit really hard. This is a classic SubRoost DDance set with an aerilated move. The EVs allow him to avoid any status from uninvested speed users and also to eat up otom and its Volt Switches. Thats pretty much it for this guy.

Scissors (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn/Pursuit
- Roost

A little different from most scizor movesets but this one aims to support salamence by taking in ice-type, rock-type (though neutral), fairy-type moves n hitting back hard with a priority, technician boosted, STAB Bullet Punch with a humongous attack stat going higher with swords dance. Roost provides long life along with scizor and his good bulk. U-Turn can be used to escape non scarf Magnet Pull Magnezone while Pursuit prevents others from escaping you and also giving a bit more coverage.

Buzzz (Rotom-Wash) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Rest

Rotom-Wash and its classic RestoChesto moveset with different EVs, though. He was added to cover scizors only weakness and to hit back hard. The Evs are meant for it to be tanky and also hard hitting, which it does. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical mons and Rest allows rotom to regain its hp back for nothing once, but will fall asleep after consuming its item. Hydro Pump and Volt Switch are its STABs giving almost perfect coverage.

Pheonix (Talonflame) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Taunt/Roost

My choice band user. U-Turn helps it gain momentum while brave bird with gale wings revenge kills and to sweep. I needed a fire-type and so talonflame came in mind, though flare blitz, its other STAB is rarely used. Taunt can shut down set up pokemon while roost allows you to heal up, though you will probably never get a chance to use it.

Hydra (Hydreigon) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Heat Wave
- Flash Cannon

Hydreigon is the best choice specs user to me and can also outspeed and ohkos a rayquaza which mega evolved that turn using dragon pulse. Dark Pulse ohkos aegislash with upto 30 SpDef investment while dragon Pulse ohkos all ubers dragons except giratina and dialga. Heat Wave for coverage and also for that pesky genesect, unless scarfed. flash cannon was put to give a chance against faries and mainly Diancie.

The last slot is filler. You can have support or trollers or a ditto or hazard setters.

I personally keep this-

Spinna (Donphan) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Roar
- Knock Off

Set up rocks with or without giving up sturdy (mainly my lead, other than salamence) and then proceed to knock off or roar or rapid spin if you can.

This is my RMT so please leave suggestions and criticism is welcome. Peace!

While some mons in the team are ubers viable (scizor, mega-mence) this is really just an ou team eith mence. And as it uses many ou mons that are outclassed by ubers it suffers a large opportunity cost. So just replace mence with mega pinsir or something and make it an ou team.

Not really a rate but this isn't really an ubers team.

Now I know what you are tryng to say but this team works well in ubers if you are good at it and pokemon like scizor, talonflame and even hydreigon do well in ubers, though rotom and donphan dont. casklord

Last edited:
Hello Trainer Vent, i can't really rate this team since there are 5 ou mons and none of those mons/sets is viable in Ubers, my recomendation is for you to get rid of those 5 ou mons and just build a proper Ubers team around Mega Salamence since it is a very good mega, GL to you.

Hello! I'm very sorry, but the only pokemon on your team viable in ubers is mega mence. Because of this a rate would be building a 100% new team. This isn't an OU team either, as mega mence is banned, but judging from your title you seem to think it is? I would recommend replacing mence with a different mega and making an rmt for the oras ou section if you want your team to still be rated. Anyone rating this from an uber perspective will say the same; you should build a team with uber viable pokemon or post this as an OU team. A rate shouldn't be replacing 5 mons btw, hence why I'm not rating it.

Good luck with your future teams!

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
I'm gonna echo the other raters here, you're going to have to do a total overhaul to make this team viable. That said, you have some pokemon that have uber equivalents.
talonflame could be replaced with ho-oh. The choice band set Works fine.
Hydreigon could be swapped with Defog soul dew latios, which is reAlly good in this meta.
donphan has to go. Bad pokemon overall. Primal groudon, preferably the specially defensive set, allows you to set up rocks relatively easily.
Scizor should be swapped with choice scarf genesect which lets you beat out bulky xerneas and mega diancie.
lastly, an arceus form is good overall. Take your pick, really.
OU teams, 99% of the time are horrendous in ubers. But most HO builds have pokemon that have better uber equivalents.

Good luck!

I'm gonna echo the other raters here, you're going to have to do a total overhaul to make this team viable. That said, you have some pokemon that have uber equivalents.
talonflame could be replaced with ho-oh. The choice band set Works fine.
Hydreigon could be swapped with Defog soul dew latios, which is reAlly good in this meta.
donphan has to go. Bad pokemon overall. Primal groudon, preferably the specially defensive set, allows you to set up rocks relatively easily.
Scizor should be swapped with choice scarf genesect which lets you beat out bulky xerneas and mega diancie.
lastly, an arceus form is good overall. Take your pick, really.
OU teams, 99% of the time are horrendous in ubers. But most HO builds have pokemon that have better uber equivalents.

Good luck!
8-BIT Luster and ApplepieFTW thanks for the feedback and please check my new thread which is an all ubers team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)