Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But wouldn't you have a bit of trouble on Gym 1 with only Froakie/Frogadier?
At least to my experience it is the easiest starter to use, considering they use water sprout and water gun. But you could catch a fletchlin or pidgey early on, i think those are the best pokemon to beat the bug type gym ^^

Is there a threat here in orange islands where you can find rule suggestions for a nuzlocke challenge?

Last edited by a moderator:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
But wouldn't you have a bit of trouble on Gym 1 with only Froakie/Frogadier?
You could always trade for Quacklin' to beat the first gym. Although I've heard that Fennekin is the preferred starter for speed runs.

edit:
Is there a threat here in orange islands where you can find rule suggestions for a nuzlocke challenge?
Check out the Nuzlocke Challenge thread

ps. there's an edit button so you don't have to double post

I see TSV under the information in many trade threat, but what is it?

Also, how do you check your own shiny value, and have so you know what value will make your egg hatch shiny? In advance, thanks

I see TSV under the information in many trade threat, but what is it?

Also, how do you check your own shiny value, and have so you know what value will make your egg hatch shiny? In advance, thanks
TSV is the Trainer Shiny Value, which if a Pokemon with it hatches to a trainer with that matching number, will be shiny. You can check it with outside equipment, which some people here may be willing to do both for finding what yours is and the values assigned to any eggs you breed. (can hatch to check their stats and then reset without saving so you can sift for the good ones)

Ok now for the next question I can't find anywhere, does anyone have a map of the current team magma/aqua bases? I need to know because there is one item and room I have no idea HTF to get to and I've looked everywhere.

OK. I want to restart my 4th gen games to SR for shiny competitive legends. What is the chance to encounter this in 4th gen?

Giratina
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
Shiny: Yes
29-31/29-31/29-31/xx/29-31/29-31

The IVs can be anything from 29-31.

Also, can you get the Reveal Glass in OR/AS?

OK. I want to restart my 4th gen games to SR for shiny competitive legends. What is the chance to encounter this in 4th gen?

Giratina
Adamant Nature

I can't answer your first question, but it seems to be a very low chance, especially with the lack of a Shiny Charm in gen IV. Learning how to RNG abuse is an option.

As for your second question, yes, you can. You can get it in Mauville City, if you show Tornadus, Thundurus, or Landorus to a woman.

Giratina
Adamant Nature

the chance for finding a shiny is 1/8192, the chance of each iv is 3/31, so (1/8192)*(3/31)^5=(very low) i dont even know th number, because i cant culculate with e^-9 stuff (sorry) but to get just two of those ivs, the chance is 0.000114321%

Giratina
Adamant Nature

The exact number is 0.00000000103%. In other words, your best bet would be to learn how to RNG.

EDIT: It's actually half that, since Synchronize only has a 50% chance to activate. So something like 0.0000000515%... also realized I forgot to multiply by 100 for percent. Oops. Regardless, it's a negligible chance if you're SRing the normal way.

Last edited:
In other words you would have to soft reset a average of 97,087,378,640.8 ~ ninety-seven billions eighty-seven millions three hundred seventy-eight thousand six hundred fourty-one times. this number seems so unbelievably high, and to put this into perspective, if you could soft reset ones in a second, it would take about 3076 years... Good luck bro (all this is assuming lucariomaster2's calculation is correct, I trust you bro)

Edit: I also have a question: Is it possible to get a larger SD card for the Nintendo 2ds, without loosing any data? I have pokemon Y and OR as downloadable softwhere, which results in me being unable to install pokemon transporter or update any software.

Last edited:
In other words you would have to soft reset a average of 97,087,378,640.8 ~ ninety-seven billions eighty-seven millions three hundred seventy-eight thousand six hundred fourty-one times. this number seems so unbelievably high, and to put this into perspective, if you could soft reset ones in a second, it would take about 3076 years... Good luck bro (all this is assuming lucariomaster2's calculation is correct, I trust you bro)

Edit: I also have a question: Is it possible to get a larger SD card for the Nintendo 2ds, without loosing any data? I have pokemon Y and OR as downloadable softwhere, which results in me being unable to install pokemon transporter or update any software.
You simply put your SD card out your 3DS, but it on your computer and copy paste all the data on there. Then with your new SD card, copy paste all the data onto it and put it in.

You simply put your SD card out your 3DS, but it on your computer and copy paste all the data on there. Then with your new SD card, copy paste all the data onto it and put it in.
thanks! I know there are different kinds of sd card (i think they use different storage method or something?) do i need any specific?

thanks! I know there are different kinds of sd card (i think they use different storage method or something?) do i need any specific?
I'm no technical expert but I assure you SD cards only really differ in size; I got a 32GB one for my 3DS a month ago - which is stupidly overkill and I love it - and I used the exact same method I told you.

Thanks Kurona and DHR-107 I have one last question (I've decided to go for 16 gb because I almost exclusively use download able software) but will I be able to plug my old ad card into my ds later, and have my old save files?

How do o-powers work with resetting the game? Do you get the entire time left when you saved back, or do you get no time back, or what happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)