Season VI Farm League - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zfs

Everything old is new again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So it looks like TraceofLife hasn't been on all week, but neither have I, so I'd feel dirty taking an activity win. That should probably be a coinflip.

Just contacted my other two opponents about trying to do our matches today. I understand if they just want to take their activity wins, but hopefully we can get some actual battles done.

zfs

Everything old is new again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ZoroarkForever forfeit late in our match because he felt bad about winning on a couple timely crits. It's a noble gesture, but this is the Farm League for the SPL, one of the most cutthroat and competitive tournaments in Smogon's history, so those sorts of good sportsmanship plays aren't usually going to be reciprocated on the big stage. Regardless of how the win was going to be achieved, he was about to win, so you should give him the win.

I've been in and out of competitive mons for 12 years now, so I know that it's only a matter of time before I win a match because the coin flip goes my way.

ZoroarkForever forfeit late in our match because he felt bad about winning on a couple timely crits. It's a noble gesture, but this is the Farm League for the SPL, one of the most cutthroat and competitive tournaments in Smogon's history, so those sorts of good sportsmanship plays aren't usually going to be reciprocated on the big stage. Regardless of how the win was going to be achieved, he was about to win, so you should give him the win.

I've been in and out of competitive mons for 12 years now, so I know that it's only a matter of time before I win a match because the coin flip goes my way.
Nah, you deserved the win. You had the game won. I do realize that this is serious tour setting and that coin flips are part of the game, but let's be honest here: I have no shot at being drafted into SPL for Adv OU. I'm not on the same level as people like M Dragon, McMeghan, BKC, Triangles, etc. I signed up for this tier because I enjoy playing it. You, on the other hand, are a draftable Adv OU player. I'd rather you get the win because it helps you more than me when the midseason draft rolls around (although it probably doesn't matter), in addition to the fact you did defeat me without those 2 crits.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Win vs BurntZebra (ADV OU) in a nice game, just a thing: twave can't paralyze an electric mon, so I played an entire game with Jolteon(par) and this make the game more difficult, gg. Here's the replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3oubeta-197806982

turn 9 to twave
turn 11 to start the battle n_n

still waiting for RBY oppos, i vm'd both and they still no replied.. activity (?)
Volt Absorb does not block Twave in ADV, nor are electrics immune to twave

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I will probably play tomorrow, is it a big prob? Sorry anyway...
You are supposed to complete your matches within the week, since it follows the weeks of SPL (this is pre-season). If you get it done retroactively I'll record the win still, but the point is to do it within the allotted week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)