ORAS OU Competitive team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, this team has gone under a number of edits before - however they have all been based on self-observation as opposed to peer critique. It should also be stated that I have never entered an organized competition before, so my only exposure to the current meta-game has been through rating battles and competitive forums. If my team appears to be designed to counter an older version of the meta-game, please do not hesitate to call me out on it. That out of the way, let's begin.

When first building the team, I started with a powerful sweeper that would be able to properly eliminate many of the popular OU threats, (e.g. Garchomp, Salamence, Tyranitar) so I began with a Gardevoir.

After that I decided on adding another sweeper to provide adequate type-coverage.
From there, I added two defensive walls to better create a more balanced team and to better accommodate for my weaknesses.
upload_2014-12-27_16-24-19.jpeg
upload_2014-12-27_16-24-19.png

Lastly, I chose two bulky attackers to be able to switch into to take lots of damage whilst dealing a lot of damage themselves.
upload_2014-12-27_16-24-19.jpeg
upload_2014-12-27_16-24-19.png
upload_2014-12-27_16-31-17.jpeg

-In Depth Analysis-

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Trace

Nature: Modest

EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe, 4 Def

Moves:

- Psyshock

- Shadow Ball

- Focus Blast

- Dazzling Gleam (considering swapping this with Moonblast)

I use gardevoir primarily to handle my opponents dragon-types and their bulkier pokemon. I use it as a special sweeper, however due to its frailty it tends to act like a glass cannon depending on my opponent's pokemon. I use Psyshock and dazzling gleam for the STAB and use focus blast for primary threats such as heatran. I use shadow ball on an "as needed" basis.

Lucario @ lucarionite

Ability: Steadfast

EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 def

Moves:

• Extreme speed
  • Stone edge
  • Close Combat
  • Swords Dance

I use lucario primarily to handle common threats such as mega-Kangaskhan and Talonflame. Lucario is my physical sweeper, however, due to the amount of time that it takes to set up, I usually favor my bulkier pokemon to it. Extreme speed and close combat are its primary attacks, with SD being used to set up, and stone edge being used as needed.

Aegislash @ leftovers

Ability: stance change

Nature: Brave

Moves:

Kings shield

Substitute

Shadow Claw

Iron Head

I use Aegislash as my primary physical wall in most battles, and it has become a primary component of my team. The combination of substitute, kings shield, and leftovers has helped me turn the outcome of many battles. I tend to alternate between kings shield and one of its two attacks, and because of my EV distribution, iron head can generally OHKO any fairy types I encounter. However, I generally only use substitute if the battle is not going in my favor.

Rotom-W @ Sitrus berry

Ability: Levitate

Nature: Modest

Moves:

Hydro Pump

Protect

Will-o-wisp

Thunderbolt

Rotom is another one of my walls, and its levitate ability works well alongside Landorus-T’s earthquake. I generally use thunderbolt and protect the most, using will-o-wisp when my opponent brings out a bulky wall or tank. However, I do use hydro pump as well, for larger opponents.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb

Ability: Levitate

Nature: Mild

Moves:

Roost

Fire Blast

Draco Meteor

Dark Pulse

Hydreigon is one of my primary tanks, under most circumstances, it can take a lot of damage as well as deal it out; otherwise I swap into Aegislash to take care of any fighting or fairy types. In terms of its move pool, I try to use draco meteor as a last resort, and favor fire blast and dark pulse instead. Roost isn’t used too often however, and I’ve been considering swapping this move with another (perhaps a support move?).

Landorus-T @ Choice Band

Ability: Intimidate

Nature: Adamant

Moves:

U-turn

Earthquake

Superpower

Stone Edge

Landorus is the most recent addition to my team, and a much needed one at that. Landorus takes the role of another physical wall for my team. I’m still tinkering around with its move pool however, but I know that Earthquake, U-turn, and stone edge will be used. So far, earthquake has seen the most use, especially given that two of my primary pokemon have levitate as their ability.

Team Notes

- I am considering swapping Gardevoir for Sylvan with a pixie plate and Hyper Voice setup, but I’m worried about its overall speed. My main issue with Gardevoir is its fragility, and even with perfect speed IV’s and a choice scarf it is still sometimes outsped by heavy hitting pokemon, any suggestions?

- Volcrana has been a main “thorn-in-my-side” since the beginning of my competitive team and I am hoping to change that with Landorus-T is there any movesets that would be perfect against it without limiting its coverage?

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This team doesn't fit the forum guidelines in terms of length or format, Lucarionite and Aegislash are also banned in ORAS OU. If this is a team for battle spot then it doesn't belong here, but you might be able to find help in the battle spot forum

Ok, sorry for the confusion. For future reference, what is the proper length and format? I reviewed the RMT rules and they gave a recommended minimum length, but I was under the impression that I had achieved that. Thank you for your help though.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ok, sorry for the confusion. For future reference, what is the proper length and format? I reviewed the RMT rules and they gave a recommended minimum length, but I was under the impression that I had achieved that. Thank you for your help though.
3 lines, this isn't an OU Team either. If you want to edit it to fit the requirements then you can do so and PM me an updated version so I can unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)