BASED AFRICAN CHEETAH JESUS

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Double posting again eat me
but yeah, working on a picture of suicune in a style similar to Wind Waker, gonna keep that shit here (got the background done). gonna work on it while i procrastinate on 3 essays (fuck school) might do a series with the other dogs in the same style <_>

also fucking realized i have a small error on that gengar that i'll fix. fucking clip right next to the mouth :>
Stage 1: Background

I like how it looks atm :>

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
lol aight

this is just to keep track of shit i have to draw:
1. darkrai for steeljackal
2. plusle + minun for piexplode
3. gastrodon for joryn
4. abomasnow for spacebass
5. natus for memoric
6. phoebe for steeljackal
7. Chicken riding torterra for memoric
8. Dragonite for Pikov
9. Trick Room gothitelle for Thwack
10. Juggling Ambipom for Pastelgameboy

LOL FUCK THAT ^

Last edited:

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I really like the style you've been working with in your recent artwork! All the hatching and rough, condensed linework in the Gengar image helps imply motion, and definitely adds to the creepy vibe you were going for with it. You also did well with the subtle variation in color from blue to purple over Gengar's body, and the blood red hands are a creative take on its design. The background is successfully eerie as well, with all the disjointed mouths, eyes and hands placed all over unpredictably; sorta feels claustrophobic, even. The smooth color and lack of linework in the eyes in the background also contrasts with the harsh shading and outlines done over Gengar's body, which is pretty clever. Overall it's a super creative and interesting piece, and you've succeeded in conveying Gengar in a spooky theme in a way I haven't seen any other artists try to do with it.

As for the most recent picture, I absolutely love the way you're drawing Suicune's mane and the clouds; sorta reminds me of old Japanese woodcut artwork, like the shadows and contours are being carved out from larger shapes. I do think there's a bit too much empty space in the background, especially on the globe, and that you might do better to have Suicune a bit larger compared to the environment around it. Additionally, Suicune's shadow should adhere more to the actual shape of its body, rather than form a blob underneath it. But I do think you've done a wonderful job drawing Suicune and the background individually; anatomically it's solid, and the sequential progression from light to dark blue in the sky is much more interesting than using a plain gradient for it. Can't wait to see this one finished!

All in all you've got great potential Schian, and I can't wait to see more work from you. Best of luck! :)

shaian

you love to see it
Thanks for the rate fren, and yeah, the suicune isn't finished yet tbh, I'm gonna include background elements that contain scenery from the Johto region, perhaps the Goldenrod Tower and the Tin Tower, and on the globe, maybe some whirlpools and small islands. I'll definitely think about making Suicune larger, though I think once all the details are in, the current size might fit. Idk, I'll post both and see how that fits :]

shaian

you love to see it
Steeljackal<3, here's a rough update on dat Darkrai

It'll probably look quite a bit different when it's done, but I like how I got the head and necklace thingy. Some changes that will be made from the sketch (which is semi-transparent as you can see) are, 1. flowing hair thingy will be redone, 2. probably gonna fade the tail thingy, or make it longer, 3. cool background patterns will be added!

I'd like to say that your artwork is amazing! I'm very impressed.

edit: also someone think of a cool thread title for me :@
Shaian's Spectacular Showcase

Anyway, could you draw Machamp suplexing a train (kind of like this) with a dark, but cel-shaded style? That would make my day :)

shaian

you love to see it
I'd like to say that your artwork is amazing! I'm very impressed.

Shaian's Spectacular Showcase

Anyway, could you draw Machamp suplexing a train (kind of like this) with a dark, but cel-shaded style? That would make my day :)
Thanks for the thread title! :D
also sure, but im gonna have to put that on hold for a while (along with other requests) since I've got exams to write this month. Though I'm finished with them on the 17th, so I'll try and get them done by the end of winter break! Also i always wondered what a suplex is, was not aware it was a wrestling(?) move ^_^

Thanks for the thread title! :D
also sure, but im gonna have to put that on hold for a while (along with other requests) since I've got exams to write this month. Though I'm finished with them on the 17th, so I'll try and get them done by the end of winter break! Also i always wondered what a suplex is, was not aware it was a wrestling(?) move ^_^
You're welcome!
Take as long as you need.

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
These are sexy as hell.
I actually have a question that is not a request.
I also have ArtRage on my computer, and was wondering if you just played around with shit for like 10 hours, or if you used tutorials for anything. I think that Gardevoir and Gengar are really well done, and the lines are really crisp.
anyways, gl and gj and also Joryn that is a fanstastic request. Essentially you as a freaking gastro n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)