Other The Next Best Thing - ORAS OU Edition (Discussing Gardevoir sets) Check Post #920

Status
Not open for further replies.

innovation(Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Ice Beam
-Earth Power
-Focus Blast

not copypasta from my 3v3 team
Please post a description for this set. Also, specs kyu-b doesn't exactly sound viable to me, as a special attacker, it is outclassed by zard-y, life orb latios, mega gardevoir, keldeo, and thundurus. I probably won't accept this set.

e: please post a better description. I know that Ice Beam and Draco Meteor are STAB moves, and I know that earth power is super effective on rotom-w with teravolt. Tell me how this set functions, what you would use it for, good partners, etc. Also, this set doesn't even have a nature...

Last edited:
Specs Kyurem is a surprising nuke on things like Skarm and the likes. It's not really outclassed at all by Latios, since it has Focus Blast and Ice Beam, as well as much better bulk. The rest of the Pokemon you gave are entirely different Pokemon, like M-Gard and Zard Y. Idk if it's fantastic, but it sure is fun to play with.

Specs Kyurem is a surprising nuke on things like Skarm and the likes. It's not really outclassed at all by Latios, since it has Focus Blast and Ice Beam, as well as much better bulk. The rest of the Pokemon you gave are entirely different Pokemon, like M-Gard and Zard Y. Idk if it's fantastic, but it sure is fun to play with.
Well the specs set is like aiming to be a wallbreaker / nuke, and as a special wallbreaker, I prefer m gard and zard y. However, at least specs kyu-b doesn't use up a move slot. I guess latios was a poor example though. Still, the description needs a lot more detail.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Nature: Mild
EV: 52 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
- Hone Claws
- Blizzard
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power / Substitute

Hone Claw is boosting the Accuacy of Blizzard from 70 % to 93.1 % allowing it to nuke teams with its STAB move. Of course Hone Claw is also boosting its physical offense allowing it to hit Fusion Bolt even harder.
Earth Power allows it to beat centain pokemon the likes of SpD Heatran or Rotom, but Substitute can be used in order to set up on Pokemon such as Chansey. 52 HP makes 101 HP Subs, so Chansey needs 2 attacks to break them.
Speed is enough to outrun Adamant Nature non-Scarfed Excadrill.

innovation(Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest / Naive Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Ice Beam
-Earth Power
-Focus Blast / Hidden Power [Fire] / Iron Head

not copypasta from my 3v3 team
so yea this hits everything that supposed to counter you but gets countered by everything you're supposed to beat so basically lure stuff in and kill it
Draco for dragons and nuke move
Ice Beam for STAB and hits stuff
Earth Power for Rotom
Focus Miss for Ferro but if you don't want to miss and nail random stuff like Scizor go run HP fire
Iron Head hits random stuff like fairies that think they can outpredict you and know you are specs also p good for bluffing scarf tho. Run naive with Iron head tho.

Bluff scarf really hard early game and then nuke stuff later on. Don't judge...
Just a nitpick, use Flash Cannon over Iron Head. This way you don't have to run a Naive Nature, and with full investment, it hits most Fairies harder anyways.
(this is physically defensive Clefable)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Teravolt Kyurem-B Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 294-348 (74.6 - 88.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 160-190 (40.6 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Nature: Mild
EV: 52 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
- Hone Claws
- Blizzard
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power / Substitute

Hone Claw is boosting the Accuacy of Blizzard from 70 % to 93.1 % allowing it to nuke teams with its STAB move. Of course Hone Claw is also boosting its physical offense allowing it to hit Fusion Bolt even harder.
Earth Power allows it to beat centain pokemon the likes of SpD Heatran or Rotom, but Substitute can be used in order to set up on Pokemon such as Chansey. 52 HP makes 101 HP Subs, so Chansey needs 2 attacks to break them.
Speed is enough to outrun Adamant Nature non-Scarfed Excadrill.
Sounds pretty interesting, I've never thought of using hone claws to boost blizzard's accuracy, as well as boosting fusion bolt's power!

Okay, I'll accept ZZtrollZZ's set, because it does have niches of bluffing scarf or band.

Current entries:
Sanger Zonvolt's CB Kyurem-B
Recreant's Life Orb 3 attacks + Roost Kyurem-B
ZZtrollZZ's Choice Specs Kyurem-B
mertyville's Hone Claws Kyurem-B

blinkie

¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯ dank meme crew
Just a nitpick, use Flash Cannon over Iron Head. This way you don't have to run a Naive Nature, and with full investment, it hits most Fairies harder anyways.
(this is physically defensive Clefable)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Teravolt Kyurem-B Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 294-348 (74.6 - 88.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 160-190 (40.6 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Thanks bruh for bringing that up now I'll make sure to give you credit when if I win
inb4 i actually win
:toast:

Omg this thing has no moves

SubSalacKyu

Kyurem-Black @ Salac Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Endeavor
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute
- Ice Beam

Sooo kyurem is a stallbreaker, but he cannot get past walls like chansey/ferrothorn. With this set is pretty easy rekt this 2 walls, can deal with calm minder/ bulkuppers, and after that u have a thing with a +1 in speed (and 95 base speed) able to rekt teams or simply do a second endeavor.

Evs details:

With no hp investment and 0 ivs in hp, kyurem has 360 hp (even number, so the salac berry is activated after 3 subs or rocks+ 2 subs; kyurem's weakness to ice is awesome in this case). With 0 ivs in hp we do more damage with endeavor. Is easier give an odd number of hp (so after 4 subs or rocks + 3 subs the salac is activated) and leave the opponent with 1 hp, but endeavor is a contact move, so ferrothorn's iron barbs would okho us. This not happen with an aven number, because after using endeavor on ferro, we have 13% of hp. Ice beam is here for ferrothorn (ice beam is not a contact move) and for garchomp (rough skin) and other random rocky helmet user. Dclaw is for everything else, for deal a lot of damage after kyurem break the first wall.
Fusion bolt is useless with this set, because cannot deal more than 15% to ferro and cannot hit garchomp.

Just wondering, but why would you have 2 dragon STABs on the same moveset? I guess outrage could be used for early game wallbreaking, and dragon claw for late game cleaning? Iron head does sound like a pretty sucky move to be locked into though.
Honestly that's how bad its physical move pool is. Outrage is pretty bad to be locked into early game, especially if there's an enemy fairy. As you said, Iron Head is generally pretty bad to be locked into, which is why it's slashed over Dragon Claw, but it does let you lure Fairies that could otherwise force him out like Clefairy and Diancie. Honestly its only other notable physical moves are Stone Edge and Fly. I can't think of anything that's weak to Stone Edge that isn't destroyed by Dragon Claw or Fusion Bolt, and I don't think I need to explain why Fly is bad. I'll edit my post to better explain the moves.

Just an FYI that the LO 3 Attacks set is already on the official analysis.
I'll make an exception this time since Kyurem blacks movepool is just really bad.
Omg this thing has no moves

SubSalacKyu

Kyurem-Black @ Salac Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Endeavor
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute
- Ice Beam

Sooo kyurem is a stallbreaker, but he cannot get past walls like chansey/ferrothorn. With this set is pretty easy rekt this 2 walls, can deal with calm minder/ bulkuppers, and after that u have a thing with a +1 in speed (and 95 base speed) able to rekt teams or simply do a second endeavor.

Evs details:

With no hp investment and 0 ivs in hp, kyurem has 360 hp (even number, so the salac berry is activated after 3 subs or rocks+ 2 subs; kyurem's weakness to ice is awesome in this case). With 0 ivs in hp we do more damage with endeavor. Is easier give an odd number of hp (so after 4 subs or rocks + 3 subs the salac is activated) and leave the opponent with 1 hp, but endeavor is a contact move, so ferrothorn's iron barbs would okho us. This not happen with an aven number, because after using endeavor on ferro, we have 13% of hp. Ice beam is here for ferrothorn (ice beam is not a contact move) and for garchomp (rough skin) and other random rocky helmet user. Dclaw is for everything else, for deal a lot of damage after kyurem break the first wall.
Fusion bolt is useless with this set, because cannot deal more than 15% to ferro and cannot hit garchomp.
Seems pretty interesting, but I'm still a little bit confused. Why salac berry?
Honestly that's how bad its physical move pool is. Outrage is pretty bad to be locked into early game, especially if there's an enemy fairy. As you said, Iron Head is generally pretty bad to be locked into, which is why it's slashed over Dragon Claw, but it does let you lure Fairies that could otherwise force him out like Clefairy and Diancie. Honestly its only other notable physical moves are Stone Edge and Fly. I can't think of anything that's weak to Stone Edge that isn't destroyed by Dragon Claw or Fusion Bolt, and I don't think I need to explain why Fly is bad. I'll edit my post to better explain the moves.
Yeah kyurem blacks physical move pool is just so bad. (why no icicle crash GF) Most flying types that stone edge hits are destroyed by fusion bolt anyways.

Here are the entries:
TheInsanity's SubSalac Kyurem-B

The salac berry is here because after killing the first wall, u are without substitute. So with 95 speed is really easy revenge kill kyurem. This not happen with the salac berry; after u are at 25% of health, your speed goes to +1, so the most used scarfer in the meta, landot, cannot outspeed u, same for other naturally fast pokemon like latwins, thundurus etc. All pokemon easy to okho for kyurem. A similar set exist for keldeo (but with odd HP and 31 IVs in HP), english is not my native language so isn't easy explain this: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/keldeo-endeavor.3512903/

The salac berry is here because after killing the first wall, u are without substitute. So with 95 speed is really easy revenge kill kyurem. This not happen with the salac berry; after u are at 25% of health, your speed goes to +1, so the most used scarfer in the meta, landot, cannot outspeed u, same for other naturally fast pokemon like latwins, thundurus etc. All pokemon easy to okho for kyurem. A similar set exist for keldeo (but with odd HP and 31 IVs in HP), english is not my native language so isn't easy explain this: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/keldeo-endeavor.3512903/
Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation!

Kyurem-Black @ Power Herb/Life orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head/Stone Edge

This thing is a fucking nuke in the current metagame. With a base 140 physical ice attack, Kyurem-b is a major threat. Even though freeze shock can be used only once without charging(with the power herb), he still has many other moves to use that still hit like a truck. In battlespot or 3v3s, this thing can take out two of your opponents pokemon and give you an upper hand advantage off the bat. Even though this thing has a horrible moveset, you can still make use of the small amount of moves it has and hit like a truck. This thing also has a respectable amount of natural bulk to it, making it able to live an iron head from an excadrill and kill it with a freeze shock. Kyurem can also take two drain punches from a conkeldurr with this bulky set and can tank hits as well as dish hits out.

Kyurem-Black @ Power Herb/Life orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head/Stone Edge

This thing is a fucking nuke in the current metagame. With a base 140 physical ice attack, Kyurem-b is a major threat. Even though freeze shock can be used only once without charging(with the power herb), he still has many other moves to use that still hit like a truck. In battlespot or 3v3s, this thing can take out two of your opponents pokemon and give you an upper hand advantage off the bat. Even though this thing has a horrible moveset, you can still make use of the small amount of moves it has and hit like a truck. This thing also has a respectable amount of natural bulk to it, making it able to live an iron head from an excadrill and kill it with a freeze shock. Kyurem can also take two drain punches from a conkeldurr with this bulky set and can tank hits as well as dish hits out.
Does Kyu-B even got freeze shock? I remember playing 1v1 (or 3v3 for that matter) with it and I remember by opponent had a freeze shock kyu-b. I just checked its move pool and I can't seem to find it though.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Does Kyu-B even got freeze shock? I remember playing 1v1 (or 3v3 for that matter) with it and I remember by opponent had a freeze shock kyu-b. I just checked its move pool and I can't seem to find it though.
It does; it's its Sig move.

Regardless, Freeze Shock is bad even with Power Herb.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I'll still accept it, as it works as an okay one time nuke, and it's pretty original.
Here are our current entries:

Last edited:

Karxrida

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I'll still accept it, as it works as an okay one time nuke, and it's pretty original.
Here are our current entries:
Timid_Metagross's Power Herb Freeze Shock Kyurem-B
Problem is you still can't get past Steels with it, and mis-predicting with it can make you waste your nuke.

252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Freeze Shock vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 207-244 (58.8 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (74 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 152-180 (33.5 - 39.7%) -- 21.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Also Kyurem-B doesn't like getting outspeed by Adamant Bisharp and eating Iron Heads for breakfast.

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 367-432 (81 - 95.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Other items can OHKO after Rocks and one round of LO recoil.

Concerning originality, I'm like 90% sure people ran Power Herb back in BW2 when Kyurem-B first came out just to abuse Freeze Shock, and eventually stopped because they discovered one-time nukes suck. There's a reason you don't see Hyper Beam Sylveon/Mega Gardevoir when they murder just about any switch-in.

Problem is you still can't get past Steels with it, and mis-predicting with it can make you waste your nuke.

252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Freeze Shock vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 207-244 (58.8 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (74 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 152-180 (33.5 - 39.7%) -- 21.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Also Kyurem-B doesn't like getting outspeed by Adamant Bisharp and eating Iron Heads for breakfast.

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 367-432 (81 - 95.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Other items can OHKO after Rocks and one round of LO recoil.

Concerning originality, I'm like 90% sure people ran Power Herb back in BW2 when Kyurem-B first came out just to abuse Freeze Shock, and eventually stopped because they discovered one-time nukes suck. There's a reason you don't see Hyper Beam Sylveon/Mega Gardevoir when they murder just about any switch-in.
I guess that's true, but non HP Fire kyu-b is kind of walled by ferro anyways. I'll take it off the list, since I guess it's not that original because I've actually used it before and seen others use it.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Lax/Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Ice Beam/Toxic
- Roost
- Substitute

Since my other set wasn't original enough, I though of a bulky kyurem set that can force out physical threats like talonflame, conkeldurr, and mamoswine. Even though it is weak to azu and bisharp, you can pair it with steal rock empoleon and klefki to form a core that can deal with quite a lot and set up hazards at the same time, and this Kyurem can also toxic stall quite well with roost. This set can also abuse dragon tail to force switches causing even more damage with stealth rock and spikes. Substitute can help when trying to take minimal damage and getting recovery damage from the leftovers and roost.

Karxrida

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Lax/Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Ice Beam/Toxic
- Roost
- Substitute

Since my other set wasn't original enough, I though of a bulky kyurem set that can force out physical threats like talonflame, conkeldurr, and mamoswine. Even though it is weak to azu and bisharp, you can pair it with steal rock empoleon and klefki to form a core that can deal with quite a lot and set up hazards at the same time, and this Kyurem can also toxic stall quite well with roost. This set can also abuse dragon tail to force switches causing even more damage with stealth rock. Substitute can help when trying to take minimal damage and getting recovery damage from the leftovers and roost.
Pleaes explain how you threaten Conkeldurr out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)