The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'd like to congratulate the Kansas City Chiefs who, because of Bowe's goalline fumble recovered by Kelce for the TD, managed to finish the entire season with literally zero WR touchdowns.

I can't even

Edit another fun fact: This is the first season since 2002 no NFL team has finished the regular season with more than 12 wins. And had the Eagles won last week, an 11-5 team would've ended up missing the playoffs today.

Last edited:
Losing Harbaugh just sucks, whatever the fuck York and his stooge Baalke are on, I hope they choke on it so they can bring in competent management or an owner that isn't a kid who got the team because of luck and money.

Best of luck to Harbaugh, whatever team (college or NFL) gets him will definitely be winning the lottery by as soon as tomorrow. 0 losing seasons, 3 NFC championship games and 1 Super Bowl appearance all in 4 years is definitely an accomplishment.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Thank God the 49ers brass are idiots and got rid of Harbaugh, because I think there's a certain college in Ann Arbor that's going to treat him better. And while we're on the subject of firing coaches, I'm sad to see Mike Smith (likely to be) going. He's done a lot of good for that team and they were one game away from making the playoffs. The team really failed because of their offensive line injuries/youth, which is going to improve with time. The Falcons are a candidate to improve in the coming years and a coaching change is going to set them back in my opinion.

I'd also consider giving Trestman another chance; I think a lot of their team's issues come from the people around him. Phil Emery is a terrible GM, Jay Cutler is a below-average (and borderline uncoachable) quarterback, and Aaron Kromer made idiotic comments that lost the locker room. If the Bears can trade Cutler and Trestman fires Kromer he could get the locker room back in my opinion. Remember that a lot of players felt like Kromer didn't get punished enough for his comments; if Trestman fires him then he'll get more support from the team. Though his team's offense has regressed this year I'd put that more on the perpetual mediocrity that is Jay Cutler. Trestman turned Josh fucking McCown into a superstar for fuck's sake. If the Bucs cut McCown the Bears should pick him up lol. Trestman's probably not the answer but he's shown enough to buy himself one more chance in my opinion.

Whisenhunt and Bradley should be on the hot seat IMO; neither team has shown even the slightest bit of promise. Bortles hasn't really improved on the season and the Titans are a mess all around. As much as I love Rex he needs to go too. The whole team really just needs to clean house.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is it just me, or does Le'Veon Bell always look like he's jogging? I don't think I've ever seen him appear to be sprinting, although that might have something to do with him being tall for an RB and having longer strides.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
wow suh tried breaking arods legs. who would have thought that the lions are complete shit organization who has a bunch of thugs and the coaches tell them to do it???

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OH SURE LET'S CALL A FAKE PUNT ON 4TH AND 9 WITH THE LEAD AND AN OPPORTUNITY TO PIN THE OPPONENT INSIDE THE 10 CJKHFVGDSIUHVFONHVDOSUJVFIDHBVUIFNDVJKFDBJVDBSNIJKBVFJHBVNMBDCJSBVFJHDBLJXZD<JKBHFKDSHKDHFLSJHBVHKCNXZKBJVHLBDKBHJBJKLBVJHBSLUIBVFLJHBNFJNF

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'd take Eli who is easily a top 10 qb
rodgers
brady
peyton
luck
roethlisberger
romo
rivers
wilson
brees
stafford
---
dalton
flacco
ryan
newton
tannehill

tell me where eli fits this season (hint it's probably between ryan and newton)

rodgers
brady
peyton
luck
roethlisberger
romo
rivers
wilson
brees
stafford
---
dalton
flacco
ryan
newton
tannehill

Tbh, if it wasn't for Beckham this year, Eli's below Kaepernick. And that's coming from a very frustrated 9ers fan.

rodgers
brady
peyton
luck
roethlisberger
romo
rivers
wilson
brees
stafford
---
dalton
flacco
ryan
newton
tannehill

Eli Had a better season than Stafford and Brees, and pretty much the same stats as Rivers and Romo. You can say Brees belongs ahead of Eli because of his past success sure but the others I mentioned hardly belong there over Eli. Wilson isn't a top 10 qb. He's barely top 15.

Flacco is one of the bottom 10 qbs in the league along with Dalton, Tannehill, and Wilson. All have put up mediocre numbers through their careers. This is more accurate(in order)

Rodgers
Peyton
Luck
Romo(AND NOT BECAUSE OF THIS SEASON)
Brees(he'll bounce back)
Brady
Roesthisberger/Eli/Ryan/Rivers

Cameron
Stafford

A huge drop off after these two

Tannehill
Cutler
Smith
Wilson
Dalton
Flacco
RGlll
Kapp.

Tbh, if it wasn't for Beckham this year, Eli's below Kaepernick. And that's coming from a very frustrated 9ers fan.
Right, one of the worst qbs in the league is somehow better than a qb with one of the best statistical seasons this year. Kapp is literally a borderline backup qb.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
and pretty much the same stats as Rivers and Romo
Eli: 379/601 (63.1%), 4410 yards (7.3/attempt), 30 TD, 14 INT, 92.1 rating

Felipe: 379/570 (66.5%), 4286 yards (7.5/attempt), 31 TD, 18 INT, 93.8 rating

Romo: 304/435 (69.9%), 3705 yards, (8.5/attempt), 34 TD, 9 INT, 113.2 rating

Eli comes close to Rivers, but still loses out in almost every category. And comparing anyone not named Aaron Rodgers to Romo's statistical season this year is not going to go well.

edit: You've got Geno Smith as better than Russel Wilson. I regret replying to your post now because clearly you have no idea what you're talking about.

Does anyone here use ProFootballFocus? I know advanced statistics aren't the end all be all, but I think they paint a much better picture than the standard NFL statistics. Based on this season, I think Stafford should be ranked more towards middle of the pack and Ryan should still be top ten considering how hard he carried that offense and the Falcons as a whole.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000451398/article/opponents-set-for-2015-nfl-season

Next year's opponents released. Looks like AFC North went from playing the two worst divisions to playing the two best divisions.

EDIT: Also, not looking good for Bell to play this weekend. It appears as though God really does love the Ravens, because not only did they luck into the playoffs, they also got gifted a huge advantage in their first opponent missing 50% of their offense. I swear, if I have to watch the Ravens go on another lucky run and then hear a bunch of morons give Flacco credit for it...

Last edited:
EDIT: Also, not looking good for Bell to play this weekend. It appears as though God really does love the Ravens, because not only did they luck into the playoffs, they also got gifted a huge advantage in their first opponent missing 50% of their offense. I swear, if I have to watch the Ravens go on another lucky run and then hear a bunch of morons give Flacco credit for it...
bait unsuccessful

and my god, playing Cincy, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh twice then rotating in the NFC West next year? brutal

Yeah its kind of a weird loop where the 4 best divisions are all playing each other next year.

Afc north plays afc west plays nfc north plays nfc west plays afc north. They're all in for a tough schedule next year, so we could a lot of surprising playoff teams coming out of the weak divisions

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
The quarterback who in 7 seasons has never passed for 4000 yards? Ok. I'd take Eli who is easily a top 10 qb and way better than Flacco.
lol eli manning last two years.

whoever said bradley should be on the hot seat becuz the jags have shown no hope is on pcp or something. The jags have showed they can compete against virtually every team in the NFL, because they have competed in virtually every game after week 4 this season. This has been the year of finding ways to lose, which is inexperience, and has been the year of fragile mentality (lack of ability to change momentum), which is also inexperience. The team is starting no real vets for most of the season with alan ball and paul posluvsny out, cecil shorts is the most vet wr and gerheart is the most vet rb. This team has fuckloads of potential if their offense didn't shit bricks because bortles pick machine or wr drop machine or offensive line non existent machine.

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
bait unsuccessful

and my god, playing Cincy, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh twice then rotating in the NFC West next year? brutal
and the AFC west too! Outside of Oakland and -maybe- St Louis every game will be tough, especially for Pittsburgh since winning the division means you play the division winner from the two randoms as well. Now of course some of these teams will be different next year so it may not turn out to be as difficult as it looks on paper, but it figures to be a tough season no matter what.

Then again, last time Pittsburgh had the "toughest schedule" on paper, they won the Super Bowl so maybe that's good luck?

and the AFC west too! Outside of Oakland and -maybe- St Louis every game will be tough, especially for Pittsburgh since winning the division means you play the division winner from the two randoms as well. Now of course some of these teams will be different next year so it may not turn out to be as difficult as it looks on paper, but it figures to be a tough season no matter what.

Then again, last time Pittsburgh had the "toughest schedule" on paper, they won the Super Bowl so maybe that's good luck?
Go easy there with the "Oakland will be easy" talk. If the game was in Oakland I could chalk it up as a win right now!
St Louis has a very real defense as well. Any given Sunday...

Go easy there with the "Oakland will be easy" talk. If the game was in Oakland I could chalk it up as a win right now!
St Louis has a very real defense as well. Any given Sunday...
I agree with this; if Carr continues to progress then the Raiders will surprise some teams next year. The Rams are no easy win and have shown flashes of returning to that formidable front line at times this year. Arizona and StL - hell, even SF - will be healthy next year and they will be problem matchups for the AFCN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)