Would there be interest for a Smogon VGC Premier League?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Professor Birch!

Having a Smogon VGC leauge would be great, and should be an eventual goal! However, at the moment, I'm not sure we have the playerbase to make such a league worthwhile. Some other users and myself are planning some tournaments that will hopefully build our playerbase and make a league more possible in the future; we'd love help with that if you're willing!

Last edited:
Hey Professor Birch!

Having a Smogon VGC leauge would be great, and should be an eventual goal! However, at the moment, I'm not sure we have the playerbase to make such a league worthwhile. Some other users and myself are planning some tournaments that will hopefully build our playerbase and make a league more possible in the future; we'd love help with that if you're willing!
Of course. Anything you need, just ask.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
This would be fantastic if the playerbase was bigger, I will at least attempt to expand it by attempting to get some of my Ubers mates into the meta. This should be fun if we can find enough people to participate.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This would be great. We just need a way to encourage more smogonites into our VGC playerbase, but after that this would be great.

GiraGoomy

when you see a good meme
I've been thinking of this idea for some time and think it'd be great. I've already got some of my Smog Dubs frens into the meta so as of rn I'll be doing all I can do see this idea through.

I'm absolutely for this, and hopefully with the entire dex available (pentagon/bans asides) people'll want to try the format out in a simulator instead of "grinding" to play on cartridges. Sure I'm basically new to the entire competitive scene (asides knowing the basics) and even if I'll probably fail at first, I'm willing to persist!

I'd join. Given Smogon's focus in singles, the interest in VGC is understandably low. I'd say that instead of trying to create new supporters from the current Smogon userbase, perhaps Smogon getting a niche in the VGC online community would be the best way to attract a player base. While obviously nugget bridge is the most popular site, a site like Eggyemporium gets enough traffic to pull something like this off, while the VGC section of Smogon is less popular because it doesn't do anything new.

leremyju

Banned deucer.
derp this is pretty cool but as Heliosan aka Barcelona fanatic said, Nugget Bridge is where most people are and also there is the Nugget Bridge Premier Association or whatever for good players that is.

Yea I'd join tho

I think if the current Smogon VGC tournaments draw enough interest and the VGC community continues to expand as rapidly as it is now there could likely be enough interest for a Smogon VGC Premier League next year.

Don't think our community is big enough for this yet, but it's definitely possible in the future. (Echoing everyone else)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)