Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do o-powers work with resetting the game? Do you get the entire time left when you saved back, or do you get no time back, or what happens?
I've tested an tried this a lot if I am talking about what you're talking about.
Say I use an O power (capture for this example) on myself at 10:41 and save, then attempt to capture rayquaza which turns out to have not perfect ivs so I reset and load the game say 5 minutes later. I will not still have the O power as it seems from a technical point the O power is only active from 10:41-10:44 as those minutes would be in the 3 minutes of use for the O power. Also you still lose the O power meter point things that allow you to use them in the first place.

So you do lose the time and O power if you reload the game after the three minutes the O power was used for in the first place.

Could i get anyone to clone my shiny event shiny suicune and raikoy? you can keep a clone (or we can talk about something else)

Edit: Also, does anyone have the ID for legit wishmkr jirachi? i have one but i suspect its a hack :I

Edit 2: Sorry DHR-107, i mixed up the sub forums.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How do o-powers work with resetting the game? Do you get the entire time left when you saved back, or do you get no time back, or what happens?
If you save, activate an O-Power then reset, the O-Power meter will be full like you never used it. If you use an O-Power and then save and reset then the O-Power meter will be depleted depending on what you used. The meter recharges in real-time though so if you wait a few minutes it will be full again

I do this all the time while SRing legendaries. Make sure you save first and you can activate the catching O-Power every time you reset

If you save, activate an O-Power then reset, the O-Power meter will be full like you never used it. If you use an O-Power and then save and reset then the O-Power meter will be depleted depending on what you used. The meter recharges in real-time though so if you wait a few minutes it will be full again

I do this all the time while SRing legendaries. Make sure you save first and you can activate the catching O-Power every time you reset
Doing this would not help you level up the O-power, right (so using Capture Power level 2 this way won't get you to capture power level 3)?

Doing this would not help you level up the O-power, right (so using Capture Power level 2 this way won't get you to capture power level 3)?
It won't because you technically never used it. It's faster to go online and give the O-Power you're trying to level up to various passersby until you've used up all the energy you can. It still takes a load of time, but giving uses less energy than using it on yourself constantly to make it level up, so you can give it more often.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
It won't because you technically never used it. It's faster to go online and give the O-Power you're trying to level up to various passersby until you've used up all the energy you can. It still takes a load of time, but giving uses less energy than using it on yourself constantly to make it level up, so you can give it more often.
I'm not sure it takes all that long. I got Capture Power 3 inside a day when I was using it constantly on people as they were passing by. No idea how many people it actually helped but it helped me out :P

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Repost from WiFi forum:

Best nature to SR Zygarde? I'm thinking Careful since Adamant DD set seems outclassed by Dragonite.
OI is not the place to ask this as it is strictly non-competitive. I would recommend waiting for a response in Wi-Fi. In the meantime you can check out Zygarde's Strategy Dex entry, the most common set is Adamant. Also, Zygarde is UU meaning you can use its Dragon Dance set there whereas Dragonite is banned (because OU). I personally like the Careful Coil set, mostly because that's what separates it from other dragons...

As I'm using a breloom to spore the rayquaza I'm trying to catch with perfect ivs is quite weak defencively I am asking if there's an item that increases defence for both sats that's not eviolite.

As I'm using a breloom to spore the rayquaza I'm trying to catch with perfect ivs is quite weak defencively I am asking if there's an item that increases defence for both sats that's not eviolite.
There isn't. However, with a catch rate of 45, you hardly even need to put it to sleep. A bit of prior damage and going at it at night/with a higher level Pokemon will usually suffice. Perhaps instead utilize a Regenerator Amoonguss (to avoid a potential Effect Spore poisoning) with Spore, Protect, (for Fly), and Synthesis to try and catch it.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Yeah like Detectice Barricade said, Rayquaza is so easy to catch I wouldn't even bother using sleep. I much preferred Thunder Wave on Ray to keep it crippled, then I sent out my in-game Aegislash from Y to False Swipe it and sit there while I threw balls at it. As for stuff with lower catch rates then I would definitely recommend Spore instead (I had Deoxys struggle to death several times on me because of Thunder Wave)

Yeah like Detectice Barricade said, Rayquaza is so easy to catch I wouldn't even bother using sleep. I much preferred Thunder Wave on Ray to keep it crippled, then I sent out my in-game Aegislash from Y to False Swipe it and sit there while I threw balls at it. As for stuff with lower catch rates then I would definitely recommend Spore instead (I had Deoxys struggle to death several times on me because of Thunder Wave)
I just went with a fainted sync and my in-game Aggron, just going at it at night wince I wanted to use Dusk Ball. No status, just a Rock Slide to wear its health down a little. Rarely more than 5 balls before it was caught and could check in the Zinnia battle.

How much recovery would you get with:
Aqua Ring
Leech Seed
Ingrain
Ice Body/Rain Dish(With their respective weathers)
Leftovers
Grassy Terrain

How much recovery would you get with:
Aqua Ring
Leech Seed
Ingrain
Ice Body/Rain Dish(With their respective weathers)
Leftovers
Grassy Terrain
Aqua Ring, Ingrain, Ice Body/Rain Dish, Leftovers, and Grassy Terrain each recover 1/16 from the pokemon's health, so you'd recover 5/16 every turn with them. As for Leech Seed, it depends on the affected pokemon's HP.

Is there still any reasoning to the rule of thumb that one game card should be restricted to one particular system? I know that switching DSes would mess things up in Gen 4, but will it mess things up in Gen 6?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^I presume you mean the day-long pause of time-based events:
The reason is that a lot of events in the game are time-dependent, such as daily events or the changing of daylight. If you change the system clock, the game will wait for 24 hours before daily events can be played again (the reason being to prevent people exploiting daily events by setting the clock). By swapping to a different DS, your game will read that the system time isn't the same as before, effectively thinking that you've changed the clock.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Is there still any reasoning to the rule of thumb that one game card should be restricted to one particular system? I know that switching DSes would mess things up in Gen 4, but will it mess things up in Gen 6?
The reason that changing the DS a game is played on messes stuff up is that some functions of the game are tied to the DS itself rather than the game cartridge, this includes stuff like friend codes and the time and date. So if you were to start playing your copy of Omega Ruby (as an example) on a different DS I know that your Battle Spot rating would be reset and all time based events would stop working for 24 hours. I think there may be others but I'm blanking on them at the moment. So yeah, stuff still gets 'messed up' now if you change consoles...

The reason that changing the DS a game is played on messes stuff up is that some functions of the game are tied to the DS itself rather than the game cartridge, this includes stuff like friend codes and the time and date. So if you were to start playing your copy of Omega Ruby (as an example) on a different DS I know that your Battle Spot rating would be reset and all time based events would stop working for 24 hours. I think there may be others but I'm blanking on them at the moment. So yeah, stuff still gets 'messed up' now if you change consoles...
That is what I needed to know. Thanks!

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
This is possible in certain applications (which support it; i.e. not Pokémon).

This guide should explain how to do it for those applications which do support it however.
I'm assuming this is for the Let's Play that WideTomato is doing, in which case he will just have to keep taking photos of the screen like he has been, unless you play on an emulator on your PC which you can easily get a screenshot of...

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm assuming this is for the Let's Play that WideTomato is doing, in which case he will just have to keep taking photos of the screen like he has been, unless you play on an emulator on your PC which you can easily get a screenshot of...
If this is the case (and it's a regular endeavour as this solution is rather pricey) there are 3ds capture boards available, which output to USB (and have software available to record the two screens from there).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)