Gen 6 Victim of the Week - ORAS Edition (Week 14 - 3 Attacks Mewtwo-Mega-X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Mega-Scizor: Check

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Atk / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost

132+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 176 HP / 28 Def Xerneas: 224-266 (51.2 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 128 SpD Mega Scizor: 255-300 (74.3 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Needs a bit of prior damage, but as long as you have something that has a decent attack it works fine as a check as bullet punch can snipe it with priority. The EVs listed here allow it to tank any of xerns attacks at +2 after rocks which makes it a better switch in, though max attack is still usable if you just want a revenge kill and can deal the extra 30-40 %to it conistantly.

The other three attacks listed are for our purposes trivial.

Klefki: Check.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic

In my opinion, Klefki is one of the best Geomancy Xerneas checks out there, being able do to various other thing outside of checking this Xerneas set. If the opponent sends out a Xerneas and you think it is a Geomancy set, just switch to Klefki, if it sets up you can just paralize it, and either set Spikes, or get some prior damage with Play Rough so you can revenge kill it after Klefki dies, (Play Rough also lets Klefki break subs from Xerneas in case it has sub), finally Toxic is here as a way to cripple things Klefki couldn't otherwise like Groudon, Lugia etc.

Important calcs:

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 227-268 (71.6 - 84.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

4 Atk Klefki Play Rough vs. 176 HP / 24 Def Fairy Aura Xerneas: 109-130 (24.9 - 29.7%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Reserving Mega Gengar Metagross (i can still make a xerneas eater mega gengar set but outside of being a simple check im gonna need to really mess around with its EVs so i decided to go w/ smth simpler).

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 136 HP / 196 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

I just ripped this from the analysis because Metagross doesnt really need any special prep to stop Xerneas.
1) Can outrun and OHKO with MM
2) Survives +2 Thunder/FBlast easily and OHKOes with MM

I can make a more specific spread to handle crits and paralysis as well as tanking Thunder in base forme, but I am really not in the mood for that.

Last edited:
Reserving Jirachi for my 1,000th post.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Toxic / Protect / Stealth Rock

This Pokemon is aggressively mediocre and loses to a lot of Pokemon, but in addition to checking the Lati twins and the oh-so-incredible Mega Diancie (rof), it makes an extremely good Xerneas check. It takes only 52-60% from a +2 Focus Blast or HP Fire while paralyzing Xerneas back with Skill Wave. From there, it can proceed to Iron Head chain hax Xerneas to death while your opponent swears at you. Since Substitute variants use Thunder over the slightly more powerful Focus Blast, those will not 2HKO you if they use Substitute on a predicted Thunder Wave while you can Wish back health. Unlike Aegislash, Jirachi is a reliable check to all Geomancy Xerneas variants.

Wish / Protect is still viable if letting the best Pokemon in the game come in for free interests you, but I generally prefer Toxic to hit Donner / CM Arceus / Giant Turkey / Yveltal / Kyogre switches. It can also use Stealth Rock if your team needs it, but that means you are not using Primal Groudon (obviously you are not using Momentum Killer Jirachi on a team with Rock Polish Groudon so yea). Iron Head is obligatory STAB and pairs well with the best move in the game. bzzt

tl;dr this is a Xerneas check that does little that Klefki can't do, apart from passing wishes the size of Lindsay Lohan's IQ. Avoid.

Last edited:
Reserving Jirachi for my 1,000th post.
Make a wish (Reserving Clefable btw)

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast

Ok, the more I use this thing, the more I've seen on how well it performs as an Unaware user (Quagod pls). This thing is somewhat reliable at checking Xern:

252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 178-210 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 178-210 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 89.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Now, the latter calc doesn't seem that impressive, but Clef can just use Protect after it comes in on SR and it avoids the 2HKO from Moonblast, which it can stall out Moonblast PP with Wish, disregarding crits ofc (Focus Blast and Thunder do absolutely nothing). This thing actually does extremely well on balance as a cleric (as unlike Xern it has Wish), but if you really are paranoid about Xern, or if you just want a nice core, pair it with support PDon and watch those Xern+EKiller teams on the ladder cry instantaneously (srsly pair this thing with PDon, it's a solid core).

Last edited:
reserving the mon I johned as cm latias check, the taco bell that doesnt learn twave
bronzong is really good, you should use it

never mind, I can now already see 4 things that check xern better than bronzong. zong is still a great mon though, the only check to get rocks so you can do something useful with groudon, and also a great check to mence!

Last edited:
Reserving Mega Mawile

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Pain Split

Mega Mawile doesn't care about anything Xerneas does and can OHKO it back with STAB Iron Head. Play Rough is a secondary STAB move while Sucker Punch helps Mega Mawile to mitigate it's low Speed. Pain Split allows Mega Mawile to keep it's HP high and thanks to it's pathetic base 50 HP and the Ubers high base HP, it will more often than not regain a sizable chunk of its health.

Calculations:
252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Mega Mawile: 119-141 (39.2 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
16+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Iron Head vs. 176 HP / 24 Def Xerneas: 408-482 (93.3 - 110.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Reserving lugia until I figure out its usefulness. Nope.

My options are now very limited. I don't think I can add anything :(

Last edited:
Blissey (hard check)

Blissey @ Shed Shell
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic / Heal Bell

Blissey's niche in Ubers shrinks more and more with each passing generation, but it can still be used as a reliable check to GeoXern (watch out for mixed variants). Thunder Wave has more utility vs. offensive teams than Toxic and makes it much easier to muscle past GeoXern. Toxic is still useful, though, and gets the nod in the fourth slot for helping stall out opponents. Blissey can comfortably tank a +2 Focus Blast from Xerneas and Thunder Wave in return. Between Focus Blast's accuracy and full paralysis, Xerneas only has a 52.5% chance to successfully hit Blissey. Even when it lands, it does a maximum of 61%, allowing Blissey to stall for hax with Soft-Boiled and slowly chip away at Xerneas with Seismic Toss. Moonblast does less than Soft-Boiled so GeoXern's only hope is Focus Blast.

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 338-398 (51.8 - 61%)
+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 268-316 (41.1 - 48.4%)

Last edited:
Sword Dance Arceus Steel

Check

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Recover / Earthquake
- Eathquake / Stone Edge

I think that Arceus Steel can act as a good Xerneas check and people already posted the best counters/checks so yeah. Obv you can't switch-in on Geomancy because then +2 Focus Blast OHKOs you (or if you do that be sure to be a lucky person), but you can switch-in on the other moves quite comfortably (Focus Blast does a ton even at +0 though). It's important to note that Iron Head doesn't OHKO Xerneas from full (that calc shows this 252 Atk Iron Plate Arceus-Steel Iron Head vs. 176 HP / 24 Def Xerneas: 302-356 (69.1 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO), of course it isn't the best check around, but it can work if needed I guess, and can act as an okay offensive check.

Defog Support Arceus Poison

Hard Check

Arceus-Poison @ Toxic Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Poison Jab
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Recover

Arceus Poison works much better than Arceus Steel against Xerneas and is definitely a solid check. Poison Jab 2HKOes it, while just +2 Thunder 2HKOs Arceus Poison from full (if you don't miss any of the 2 Thunder ofc, but since the possibility to miss one of them is around 49% iirc, thats acceptable), as Moonblast fails to 2HKO most of times as that calc shows: +2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Poison: 195-231 (43.9 - 52%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO.
I guess you can always go with a more SDef oriented EV spread to take Xerneas better, but since this is the "standard" one I decided to post that in the thread.

Victini is a check (an adorable mon too)

Victini @ Flame Plate
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- V-create
- Trick Room
- Fusion Bolt
- Grass Knot

While victini is rather specialized and not that very good in oras, it is still a check, and capable of paving the way for a late game slowmon sweep by taking advantage of xerneas. Though it loses to subgeoxerneas pretty soundly.

252+ Atk Flame Plate Victini V-create vs. 104 HP / 32 Def Xerneas: 325-384 (77.5 - 91.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
TR before this attack is the key because even if you fail you win with any mon afterwards.

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Victini: 263-310 (65.2 - 76.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Needs a high roll for this so thats part of what makes it an check, along with needing 100% health.

Shoutout Time!
Gonna start with capasb because theres less of them
GemOftheDay: Based life lesson teacher and good player
Lady Salamence: cause I want to highlight you to bug you and you should play again :P
Elevator Music: Play LC again c'mon
Matezoide: When I come back to capasb full time trying to pull a texas by balancing my competitive and this I'll yolol with you all day
Geodude6: You're a massive john and I'll enjoy taking you down for the gym leader spot for dark :)
Its_A_Random: Great player, and victim of my laziness during reffings.
akela: You're a hardass but easily the most knowledgeable player around (also you were my first win!)
AOPSUser: Cool dude that I'd have more to say if I wasn't quitting every other week.
Shoutouts to the rest of the community and especially the #capasb channel, you guys put up with me when I was a retarded scrub and I owe you guys.

Onto the Ubers frends!
Steeljackal<3: You gave me my first xy ubers team and we're buds despite you being a cocky (BAN ME PLEASE) <3.
Melee Mewtwo:You're the person I respect the most on smogon, nuff' said.
yohoE: #Ubersroommod, you're an awesome user and bud.
Evuelf: You're just flat out a huge (BAN ME PLEASE) git gud (jk).
Joryn: One of those users I went from thinking retarded to being frends, I'll build you better teams for farm league if you ask for them :).
StarmeiTheGod: Great battler and one of the few voices in the ubers room I can stand.
shrang: You're the anti ban lover of nostalgia and fun teams so ubers wouldn't be ubers without you.
Dr Ciel: You hold the ubers room together sometimes its weird, everyone loves you and ignore the other people that they hate when you're around (except for me of course and my intense passion towards hating).
Ok wow I am drawing a blank on people to highlight, considering some people don't wanna be bothered with one, so just bringing up rest of the room like @Aquasition,@WreckDra,@justinjiaxinghu, and the rest of the room/irc
Fireburn , I wouldn't forget you, best tier leader on site,and I'll go on record for that.

LC peeps.
apt-get: Probably top 5 friends I have in all of smogon, we've known each other since my start duking it out on the ladder and we've been hanging out a lot more in xy then before.
Rowan: Again one of my best friends on smogon, though instead of hanging out more we've grown distant due to timezones/you being a mod n shit.
Electrolyte: Basically you were my mentor and got me out of below average threshold though we basically haven't talked since you quit.
GlassGlaceon: Another gen 5 bro I hang out with a little less, git gud and stop building bad stall teams.
CatcherAndTheRai: ^
macle: I actually read your frog blog when I'm bored its pretty interesting.
QuoteCS: Nice upstanding person and he started from the bottom all the way to RO. Sorry for the botw fiasco.
I'm really drawing blanks so I'm just gonna highlight a couple of gen 6 nerds, Corporal Levi, Mambo, Obvious Power, Kopaka and shoutouts to the rest of the room bar aaron.
Amaura: Realest Nig eva'.
Pancham: Bae <3

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 208 HP / 200 Atk / 88 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Sleep Talk
- Earthquake

Banded Ho-Oh is one of the most reliable ways to check Xerneas after it has taken damage while setting up should Stealth Rock not be up. Ho-Oh lives +2 Thunder and does a butt load of damage in return with either Brave Bird or Sacred Fire, either leaving Xerneas in the priority range of just about every Uber, or KOing Xerneas depending on how much damage it has taken. Ho-Oh is a massive barrier in Xerneas's sweeping path and needs to be neutralized with either Stealth Rock or prior damage after Regenerator before Xerneas goes for game. Running Ho-Oh will usually require a back up check to Xerneas due to Stealth Rock being very prominent.
King of Avians v Deer:
- 200+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. 176 HP / 24 Def Xerneas: 316-373 (72.3 - 85.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
- 200+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Sacred Fire vs. 176 HP / 24 Def Xerneas: 264-312 (60.4 - 71.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (burn chance is very nice against the deer, miss chance is not though)
+2 Deer v King of Avians:
- +2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 208 HP / 88 SpD Ho-Oh: 342-404 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
- +2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 208 HP / 88 SpD Ho-Oh: 148-174 (36.5 - 42.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Bronzong : check.

EARTHASTE (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion
- Protect​

Thanks to its typing, to its Special Defense, Bronzong can be used to check Xerneas. It is also able to run Stealth Rock, which can be really interesting combined with some other Pokémons. It's one of the only one Xerneas checks that is also able to set SR while still damaging it strong enough to frighten it with Gyro Ball.

The bell vs. the world:

4 Atk Bronzong Gyro Ball (104 BP) vs. 104 HP / 32 Def Xerneas: 206-246 (49.1 - 58.7%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO

The world vs. the bell:

+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong: 148-175 (43.7 - 51.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong: 188-222 (55.6 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nidoqueen as a check

Nidoqueen @ Leftovers
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Sassy
- Poison Jab
- Roar
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power

Psyshock Xern bops Nidoqueen really hard, but since the set provided doesn't have Psyshock, Queen wins most of the time. The only times you'd really lose are either 1) you've switched into Moonblast too many times and are too weakened, or 2) last mon Xern which you can't Roar it out any more and it likely 2HKOs you at +2 after SR. Otherwise you're pretty good to go. Poison Jab bypass Geo boosts, Roar phazes Xerneas out. Toxic Spikes is awesome, and Earth Power is used so Groudon doesn't have free switch-ins.

Damage calcs:
+2 Moonblast vs Nidoqueen: 47.40% - 55.73%
Poison Jab vs 184/0 Xerneas: 49.66% - 59.23%
Earth Power vs 252/0 Primal Groudon: 53.96% - 64.36%

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
Week 6: Yet another old friend who has came back; Calm Mind Arceus-Dark!

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Refresh

Since the revival of the Eon Twins, Arceus-Dark, most notably the Calm Mind set, has risen to power. Not only does it check many threats such as Lati@s, Giratina-O, Arceus-Ghost and Mewtwo, but it also turns some of the most common Dark-type checks into set-up bait, such as Klefki and Support Xerneas. Because of the above-mentioned, Arceus-Dark has become a top-tier threat, and arguably the best Arceus type in the game.

Also, if you're going to reserve something, please try and do it within a day of posting your reserve.

reserving geoxern

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def/ 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

I think it's pretty obvious what this does. Can switch in on Darkceus setting up and setup Geomancy and once that's done, Darkceus can't do shit to it.

+1 0 SpA Dread Plate Arceus-Dark Judgment vs. 184 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 114-135 (25.9 - 30.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
+2 0 SpA Dread Plate Arceus-Dark Judgment vs. +2 184 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 76-90 (17.3 - 20.5%) -- possible 5HKO

Xerneas then OHKO's (+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Dark: 524-618 (118 - 139.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO)

Last edited:
Tyranitar:Counter

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Low Kick
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

It's pretty simple, darkceus barely 7hkos at +1, while ttar easily 3hkos with low kick (2hko after rocks). Since low kick has more PP that recover, ttar will end up winning any possible pp war. It also fits nicely on the teams that darkceus usually beats(stall), as it gains wish/cleric support, and gives rocks+pursuit trapping.

0 SpA Dread Plate Arceus-Dark Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 36-43 (8.9 - 10.6%) -- possibly the worst move ever

+1 0 SpA Dread Plate Arceus-Dark Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 54-64 (13.3 - 15.8%) -- possible 7HKO

8 Atk Tyranitar Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 84 Def Arceus-Dark: 178-210 (40.1 - 47.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage

Last edited:
Clefable
Counter

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Moonblast

This Monster Completely shut downs Darkceus no questions asked. Moonblast 3OHKOS and out stalls recover. Toxic can help conserve pp and hit other mons on the switch
Calcs
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Dark: 168-200 (37.9 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 SpA Dread Plate Arceus-Dark Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Unaware Clefable: 58-69 (14.7 - 17.5%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
cm arc fairy reserve

edit:

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Refresh
- Recover
- Judgment

obvious what fairyceus does to darky, can switch in on boosted judgments and proceed cm on it for free and punish with its own se judgment, max spe since speedties w/ other arc are jolly mmence are annoying and refrsh to remove status while boosting vs mons like klef toxic yveltl etc

0 SpA Pixie Plate Arceus-Fairy Judgment vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Dark: 258-306 (58.2 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, +2 0 SpA Dread Plate Arceus-Dark Judgment vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Arceus-Fairy: 128-151 (28.8 - 34%) -- 1.7% chance to 3HKO

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I will reserve klefki

Klefki
Check

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Play Rough
- Heal Block / Toxic
- Thunder Wave

Klefki is a fairly decent check to Arceus-Dark. It's pretty simple- you basically overwhelm it with Thunder Wave paralysis and Play Rough attacks. Between both, you tend to put a lot of pressure on Arceus-Dark to Refresh and Recover so you can sometimes/often beat Arceus-Dark with some full paralyses, but that's not the most reliable. Heal Block makes Klefki actually reliable (basically a counter) by preventing Arceus-Dark's recover. It's a bit less useful than Toxic overall though; Heal Block used to be helpful for Gothitelle but that's pretty much obsolete. Spikes is filler but it's pretty standard. By virtue of typing and a passable Special Defense stat with some investment, you can tank Judgments pretty well. Here are some relevant calculations:

Klefki-->Arceus-Dark
8 Atk Klefki Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 84 Def Arceus-Dark: 132-156 (29.7 - 35.2%) -- 10.2% chance to 3HKO

Arceus-Dark-->Klefki
0 SpA Dread Plate Arceus-Dark Judgment vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 59-70 (18.6 - 22%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 0 SpA Dread Plate Arceus-Dark Judgment vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 89-105 (28 - 33.1%) -- 93% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 0 SpA Dread Plate Arceus-Dark Judgment vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 118-140 (37.2 - 44.1%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

So yeah, basically Klefki is a pretty solid Arceus-Dark check, especially with Heal Block.

Last edited:
Reserving Taunt Mega Mewtwo-X

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge / Zen Headbutt

Mewtwo can come in on any of Arceus-Dark's moves and OHKO it with STAB Low Kick, which is a nice move to spam in Ubers since they are all fat monsters. Taunt allows Mewtwo to prevent non-attacking moves such as Arceus's Will-o-Wisp, Lugia's Toxic and Roost, and Lati@s's Defog. Ice Punch is used in the 3rd slot to lure and 2HKO Lati@s while Stone Edge is used in the final slot to OHKO Ho-oh and hit Lugia harder. However, Zen Headbutt can be used if they are not a concern as it allows you to have a secondary STAB move to hit targets which are resistant to Low Kick.

Calculations:
0 SpA Dread Plate Arceus-Dark Judgment vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Mewtwo X: 151-178 (42.7 - 50.4%) -- 43.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 84 Def Arceus-Dark: 416-492 (93.9 - 111%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)