#smogonvgc Live Practice Tournament - Cresselia Giveaway WON by Lamitie11

Status
Not open for further replies.

FINALS BATTLE VIDEOS
(to be uploaded to youtube at some point)

nkww wwww wwwr kp8a - g1
whgg wwww wwwr ksl6 - g2
JXTW WWWW WWWR LX7P - g3​

Hi everyone, in an effort to promote activity here in the VGC subforum, we'll be a holding practice tournament this Friday at 6 pm US central time (GMT -6). If this tournament goes over well enough, we'll do more like it and hopefully have more fun stuff for everyone. This week, we'll be giving away a 6iv Cresselia (soft reset by yours truly) to everyone that enters the tournament to use in future live tournaments, or one of the many premier challenges being held across the US (and the world?).

The rules are simple:
  • Flat Doubles, pentagon Pokemon ONLY. Basic VGC rules here, folks. If it's not allowed on ORAS Battle Spot, it isn't allowed here.
  • For the purpose of having the tournament run on time, strategies such as Minimize are STRONGLY discouraged. Id' like to keep this tournament fun and fast; these strategies are neither.
  • Competitors will need a copy of Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire to enter.
  • The tournament will be Swiss, best of one with a top cut of 2.
  • Each round will last a maximum of 30 minutes. If the match is not completed within the timeframe, it will be up to the host to decide who wins or who loses.
  • If there is a disconnection, it will be up to the host to decide who wins or who loses. Make sure to have a camera handy to get some proof if you're nervous about this.
  • Since this is a non-weighted practice tournament, you may change your team between rounds. However, it might be better practice for you not to do so.
  • You must join the IRC channel #smogonvgc in order to participate. PM me (lucariojr) or whoever is running the tournament your username and friend code to enter. Make sure to join the chat and register early! The link will be provided at the end of this post.

Crescenda -
Cresselia

Nature: Calm - Ability: Levitate - Location: Pokemon Omega Ruby
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
This week, we'll be giving away Crescenda the ORAS-caught Cresselia. Cresselia might not be as dominating as she was in previous years, but she will certainly help you out if you need a bulky supporter to slap on a team.

So even if you're not confident in your skills or your team, remember that this is just for practice and that you're getting a free Cresselia and stop by #smogonvgc this Friday to show your support for VGC on Smogon! I hope to see you then!

The link for the IRC channel, #smogonvgc is Here.
HOW TO RECEIVE CRESSELIA:
  • Step 1: Catch a Poochyena
  • Step 2: Offer the Poochyena for a Cresselia on the GTS
  • Step 3: Enter your username that you entered the tournament with in the message box. If you don't do this, you'll be ignored!
  • Step 4: Refresh the GTS to receive your Cresselia. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Unfortunately I'm going to be a few hundred miles over Wisconsin at the time of the tournament, flying back to college. That being said, I hope this goes well and look forward to playing in such tournaments in the future.

I would like to partecipate in this tournament, but I do not know if I can. My time zone is gmt+1 and I usually go to bed before midnight.

But could you tell me more about the Cresselia giveaway? Thank you

I would like to partecipate in this tournament, but I do not know if I can. My time zone is gmt+1 and I usually go to bed before midnight.

But could you tell me more about the Cresselia giveaway? Thank you
You win enter the tournament, you get the Cresselia. The tournament would start at 1am for you and with half an hour rounds to compete your going to be up pretty late.

Last edited:
How would one enter the tournament? I am remotely new to Smogon Tournaments.
this tournament will be operated on IRC. just click on the link above, and once you're there you'll PM me your friend code and username so i can add you to the brackets.

We had 23 people show up for the tournament with 2 people dropped, so I'd say this was a success. Hope everyone had fun! I'll see what I can schedule for future live tournaments.

Man why'd I have to put those numbers on mah name back in like 2009 lol

Was a really fun tournament, first time playing VGC since Nats 2013. Was a good refresher back into Pokémon after a longish break.
Good game to Nerdz, who is currently not registered yet (rip) you played really really well and gave me a good run for my money!

So this was an awesome way for not only practice but also an awesome way to help the smogon community!

Look forward to more and maybe we could look at getting a thundurus, or should i say im s/r for one as i type this! If anyone wants to set up the tourney again

Owh gosh there was a cresselia giveaway.. I'd liked to participate and get it... How long to soft reset a flawless/nearly flawless legendary? :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)