XY UU Trifecta.

Artwork not by me cause Im a talentless hack.

Hallo everybody, and welcome to my first RMT, featuring a truly underated powerhouse. Trick Room Reuniclus was the pokemon that got me introduced to compettive battling in the first place, and it's balance of power and bulk has made it a favorite of mine. This team is based around the choice specs version of reuniclus, which is rarely seen, but can easily pull it's weight in battle.

Teambuilding Process.

I knew I wanted to build a team around choice specs reuniclus, so I kinda needed it lol. this variation had future sight as the most powerful move, so I knew an answer for dark-types was the first thing to look after.

I decided to add choice scarf mienshao, since I always make sure to have a good revenge killer on my team, and regen cores are really fun to use, and U-turn keeps up the momentum. very few pokemon have a shot at standing up to both mienshao's HJK and Reuniclus' Future sight on the same turn.

Bulky psychics and ghosts were the second glaring issue my team had, so a pursuit trapper was in order. I chose on Krookodile, since it mixes bulk and power quite well, and it's resistance to stealth rock allows it to switch it more often. The obvious choice for a krook set would be choice band, but I already had two choiced mons, and I didnt want protect users to have too much free room to play, so I went with Life Orb.

I wanted to make sure my team didnt lose too hard to toxic spikes, so I added natural cure Starmie to "absorb" them them, so my team wasnt worn down, and could keep switching like there's no tomorrow.

I decided I needed a solid win-con, so I added Lucario. It's E-speed added solid priority, and barely anything walls it after a swords dance.It's fighting typing also helps keep out the dark-types that reuniclus hates. I realized at this point that I had neither A mega, nor anything to handle my obvious Bird-spam weakness, so I chose mega ampharos, which with a simle rest-talk set can easily wall mega pidgeot, and a set-up fletchinder.

After some initial playtesting, Ifound that empoleon fit the needs of my team better, as starmie often failed to handle some of the things that my team had troubles with.

Individual analysis:

Reuniclus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Future Sight
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball

Reuniclus is the main wallbreaker of the team, and one of the hardest hitters in UU. Future sight is a superb move, since it's delay essentially allows for two attacks on the same turn, and is something not many walls can handle. Psyshock is the main STAB on the set, allowing reuniclus to hit annoying special wallls such as florges and aromatisse, who stomach the STABs of the other members of my team. Focus blast hits the many dark/steel type switch-ins very hard, and provides good coverage, even if being locked int oit is pretty bad. Energy Ball is the oddball move on the set, and allows me to destroy swamperts turn 1, and deal with annoting ground types like donphan and phyperior, who the rest of my team hates to deal with.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

The go-to revenge killer of the team, mienshao strikes a perfect balance between power and speed, being able to revenge even extremely fast pokemon like mega aerodactyl and mega beedrill, and is quite capable of cleaning up late game. High jump kick is the STAB of choice, having high base power, and great coverage. Stone edge is the generic coverage move, and with fighting mienshao hits everything pretty hard. knock off could be argued as the same, but also allows mienshao to knock off opposing leftovers, which is handy for wearing down the team. U-turn makes sure mienshao can keep up the momentum that is otherwise lost in case I misspredict, and allows for chip damage.

Krookodile @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Krookodile serves the ever importent role fo pursuit trappng the ghosts and psychics that plague both reuniclus adn mienshao, while using taunt to prevent annoying stuff like stealth rock to get on the field. Krookodile's good bulk allows it to lead, taunt the opposing lead preventing entry hazards, and switching out to the pokemon best suited for the situation. Knock off and earthquake both sere as STAB moves with high power and great coverage. Knock off and taunt also somewhat allows krookodile to stall-break if needed.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Empoleon serves as a nice utilty pokemon, and hazard setter if need be. Scald s the mandatory STAB move, and the neat burn chance means empoleon isnt set-up bait. Stealth rock is the best move in the game, as it wears down opposing pokemon, to the point where either mienshao or lucario can sweep. toxic is handy for the bulky waters that doesnt care about scald, and defog allows me to remove the annoying spikes/toxic spikes.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Punch

Lucario is my main win-condition, setting up swords dance late game, and sweeping with extremespeed. Close combat is a jawdroppingly powerful move after a swords dance, and destroys everything resisting Extremespeed. Iron tail is lucario's second strongest move, and hits a ton of stuff neutrally.Ice punch was chosen to hit a few vital pokemon like nidoqueen, celebi, and zygarde. Extremespeed again hits very hard after a swords dance, and allows it to revengekill if mienshao has fainted. The choice of adament over jolly allows lucario to cleanly KO a mega beedrill after a boost.

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Mega ampharos is a great pivot, capable to eat a lot of hits, and switching out with volt-switch. Dragon pulse allows ampharos a reliable STAB without being forced to switch out, and volt-switch provides the momentum that using a slow like amph can often miss out on. Rest is the only way ampharos has of recovering health, but thankfully sleep talk+volt switch allows it to not be a sitting duck until it finally wakes up.

Threat List:

Chesnaught:
Can wall my team easily if reuniclus is weakened.

Gourgeist: Huge nuisance if krookodile and reuniclus are out, but hates knock off on mienshao.

Rain teams: Outspeeds my team before I can do anything.

Scarf Hydreigon: Massive pain if mienshao is out. can be played aroun if toxiced by Empoleon, to the point where lucario's Extremespeed kills.

Jirachi: Stupid hax :/

Change Log:

Reckless mienshao > regen mienshao.

Changed Amph's random EV's > to maximise bulk

Ice punch lucario > Iron miss lucario

44 EV's on Amph added to outpace threats like donphan, and other base 50's.

Life orb Magic guard reuniclus > Choice specs regenarator reuniclus.

Blackglasses > LO on Krookodile, to bluff common choice items, and maintain bulk.

Shadow ball > Energy ball on reuniclus, to keep those pesky phychics out.

Thank you in advance :]

Last edited:
I'm on my phone so I cant do a full rate but do you have any replays of Future Sight being... Useful? I'm not opposed to the idea I'd just like to see it in action before suggesting an alternative.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, nice team! In response to the poster above, Future Sight isn't necessarily bad on a Specs set because of its sheer power, and OP has two Dark-type checks which will make the opponent wary of switching in their Dark-type. I'm not really sure why your EVs on Ampharos are the way they are, and I suggest changing them to the standard 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD since your goal with using RestTalk is to survive, not to hit hard. This spread allows you to survive Adamant LO Zygarde's Earthquake and a Jolly Krookodile's LO Earthquake. I also suggest that you run Ice Punch over Iron Tail on Lucario. Steel-type coverage is almost useless because all of the relevant Fairies are gone, while Ice Punch lets you hit Nidoqueen, Celebi, etc a little bit harder (not to mention Iron Tail's horrendous accuracy). Reckless over Regenerator on Mienshao would also be a good choice as it allows you to net a crucial revenge kill against Mega-Aerodactyl and Entei after Stealth Rock damage, among others. Otherwise, this team looks solid, good job!

e: I assume this is for ORAS UU and not XY UU? This post won't change much regardless

Last edited:
I'm on my phone so I cant do a full rate but do you have any replays of Future Sight being... Useful? I'm not opposed to the idea I'd just like to see it in action before suggesting an alternative.
In theory, it should be nice at forcing switches, and it does rack up SR damage like crazy, but the issue is getting reuniclus in, using the move and then going out to the dark check without racking up too much damage...

Hey, nice team! In response to the poster above, Future Sight isn't necessarily bad on a Specs set because of its sheer power, and OP has two Dark-type checks which will make the opponent wary of switching in their Dark-type. I'm not really sure why your EVs on Ampharos are the way they are, and I suggest changing them to the standard 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD since your goal with using RestTalk is to survive, not to hit hard. This spread allows you to survive Adamant LO Zygarde's Earthquake and a Jolly Krookodile's LO Earthquake. I also suggest that you run Ice Punch over Iron Tail on Lucario. Steel-type coverage is almost useless because all of the relevant Fairies are gone, while Ice Punch lets you hit Nidoqueen, Celebi, etc a little bit harder (not to mention Iron Tail's horrendous accuracy). Reckless over Regenerator on Mienshao would also be a good choice as it allows you to net a crucial revenge kill against Mega-Aerodactyl and Entei after Stealth Rock damage, among others. Otherwise, this team looks solid, good job!
Yeah, not gonna lie, I kinda just dicked around while chosing Amph's EV's, so Just picking one or the other would be best :]

After some games I Realized that Mienshao is just kinda frail with or without regenerator, so extra damage is defo the best choice, thanks a lot.

Iron tail schewed up my luke sweeps three times in a row, off it goes XD

Thanks a ton for the rate guys.

Hey Stef cool looking team, Reuniclus is definitely an underrated threat in the tier rn. I agree with Minus on Reckless over Regen since Mienshao is more of a hit and run mon and shouldn't be relied on taking hits too often. Now I'll go into my own rate:
  • Specs is a really interesting choice on Reun. Not sure how it's working out for you, but I think that a Life Orb + Magic Guard Reun would be more practical. Magic Guard gives you a status sponge on your team to eat up willos and toxics while also giving you the ability to switch up moves and still hit incredibly hard.
  • On Ampharos, you should be running at least 44 Speed EVs so that you can speed creep base 50's like Donphan and kill it before it can hit you with EQ after some prior damage.
  • Black Glasses > Life Orb on Krook. Black Glasses Krook is one of my favorite mons atm because it can bluff a choice item, since you don't have LO recoil, and still hit hard with STAB Knock Off. Here's a scenario for you: your opponent thinks you're locked into Knock Off so they send in Lucario to set up on you and then you OHKO it with EQ. You also retain your hp better without LO recoil so you can live longer
Thats all I have for you, nice team again. Hope I helped!

Hey Stef cool looking team, Reuniclus is definitely an underrated threat in the tier rn. I agree with Minus on Reckless over Regen since Mienshao is more of a hit and run mon and shouldn't be relied on taking hits too often. Now I'll go into my own rate:
  • Specs is a really interesting choice on Reun. Not sure how it's working out for you, but I think that a Life Orb + Magic Guard Reun would be more practical. Magic Guard gives you a status sponge on your team to eat up willos and toxics while also giving you the ability to switch up moves and still hit incredibly hard.
  • On Ampharos, you should be running at least 44 Speed EVs so that you can speed creep base 50's like Donphan and kill it before it can hit you with EQ after some prior damage.
  • Black Glasses > Life Orb on Krook. Black Glasses Krook is one of my favorite mons atm because it can bluff a choice item, since you don't have LO recoil, and still hit hard with STAB Knock Off. Here's a scenario for you: your opponent thinks you're locked into Knock Off so they send in Lucario to set up on you and then you OHKO it with EQ. You also retain your hp better without LO recoil so you can live longer
Thats all I have for you, nice team again. Hope I helped!
LO+MG is working wonders, the power is still great, and being locked into future sight was bothering me a lot.

Same goes for Blackglasses krook, since I wasnt crazy about compromising it's bulk just for extra damage. Guess I was too caught up in the trifecta kek of leftovers LO, and the choice items :]

Amph is noted, might as well get the most out of EV's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)