Apprentice Program: Round Ninety One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Gamma Vector
PO/PS! Username: GammaVector
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Time and I'm usually available weekdays from noonish to 3pm and late nights.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY or ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I love Pokemon - love training, love breeding, love battling. Suck terribly at battling. I don't really know where to start getting better, though. The sheer amount of stuff to learn is overwhelming. I've read articles about synergy and win conditions and checks and counters...But it doesn't seem to be sinking in. I feel like I'll never get it on my own.
(EDIT: I think I put the wrong kind of thing here, maybe. So, uh, I'm a Music/Computer Sci major finishing up my degree [which is taking EIGHT MILLION YEARS because I picked up the double major in the second semester of junior year like a pro orz]. I swear like a sailor, fair warning [I can try to curb it, but...yeah...] I'm a big fan of RPGs and action adventure games. Terrible at shooters [unless it's Touhou. I'm decent at Touhou.] I like superhero movies and 1980's cartoons and space pirates. Also Star Trek. Love me some Star Trek.)
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC is no problem for me. My internet is reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally slow and somewhat dodgey, however. Text chat on Skype works but it won't support voice or video calling.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yep, I got it.

Last edited:

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Username: 725roy

PO/PS! Username: 725roy, etc.

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6 3-11 pm Most weekdays. Weekends in evenings

What tier do you want to learn?: VGC 2015 (Not Smogon Doubles)

Tell us a little about yourself: Still a high school student, this time a junior. avid Survivor fan. Love to learn, and I’m always striving to be better. I’ll make soace in my schedule to focus on this too.

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes

Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Isn’t that a TV show with James Spader? Yeah, I got it.

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Username: Cranham
PO/PS! Username: Cranham
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 Available most of the time, EST tutors work for me, Tuesday/Weds/thurs any time after 6pm GMT works
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS RU/ORAS UU/ORAS Ubers/ORAS smogon doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: 20 Year guy studying chemistry at university, kind of a nerd, not much else to say
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username: Air
PO/PS! Username: The Air / lil Air lil
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Australian Eastern Time Zone (UTC+10:00) Till around February, all most all the time, every day. (Otherwise 6-10pm Weekdays and Free Weekends)
What tier do you want to learn?: Oras UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a 14 year old high school student in grade 10, and play alot of video games but mostly Pokemon. I live in Australia.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Username: SunRangerRed
PO/PS! Username: SunRangerRed
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Time (UTC-06:00) Afternoon
What tier do you want to learn?: Oras UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I actually really disliked pokemon a lot up until about a year ago when my friends pier-pressured me into trying X&Y and I was introduced to a whole new world that I now love. I'm 19 year old boy who dreams of becoming better at pokemon.

Exeggutor

twist
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Username: Exeggutor
PO/PS! Username: Exeggutor
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4, most days in the afternoon up till 9 or so
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: 14, exeggutor, i like coding and games
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: ye

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Username: TONE114
PO/PS! Username: TONE114
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 Monday thru Friday(2 PM - 7 PM) Weekends(8 PM - 11 PM)
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS NU, ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Currently on break from college. I play Pokemon during my free time, but want to get a better feel for the meta. Overall, I'm a chill person and easy to get along with.

Username: mfhoundoom
PO/PS! Username: iLoveMUKonnen
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 6:00 p.m. – 3 a.m. GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: XY RU, XY UU, and XY NU but not like all three just you know whatever works.
Tell us a little about yourself: started playing when HGSS came out, used to play a lot and I recently came back. I’ve played all the tiers but I’m tryna start going hard on one of those three.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 91 Tutee Tournament?: Big time.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype? Yes, both.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes I do.

Miridy

♩_♩
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Amy Sorel
PO/PS! Username: AmyGardevoir
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CET
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hello there I'm Amy! I started battling at the end of BW2 and I never had the chance to study a Metagame without Team Preview, I would like to learn DPP OU, how to think and act on a complete different contest, as for my real life, well I just started University, but I manage time for studying and playing the game.

Username: Acolyte of Shofu
PO/PS! Username: Cat8752
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5 I think) I'm generally available around 9:00(AM)-12:00(PM) on weekends and 5:00-6;30PM on weeknights.
shat tier do you want to learn?: VGC '15
Tell us a little about yourself: One day I'm gonna be the Pokemon World Champion!
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Not currently but I can possibly use IRC.

Username: iTimTim
PO/PS! Username:iTimTim
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST 11:00PM-10:00PM
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU/ ORAS Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 18 year old man wanting to learn and be better at current meta of OU and Ubers. I live in Bell Gardens and i been playing for a couple of years now. I am also an admin of a Pokemon League on Tumblr.

Username:ZachSmogonTrainer
PO/PS! Username:ZachSmogonTrainer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:8:00-9:00 am Sat.-Sun. 4:00-7:00 pm Mon.,Tues,Thurs.,Sat.
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU/XY RU/XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I like to play video games and I am ready to learn the ropes of competitive battling! I mostly want to learn about team building strategies. I hope to have a great tutor.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:Yes,Mibbit
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

Last edited:
Username: Cerib
PO/PS! Username: Cerib
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 6pm - 12am CST
What tier do you want to learn?: OU/Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an artist, I work fairly hard outside of the computer and homelife. When I'm home, I tend to make art for people, play video games, and do other things to help the family out.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I lack a microphone for my desktop, however I can still chat via the message box.

Username: GeeMick
PO/PS! Username: BAN TRAPPERS/GeeMick/Zerothorn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, Paris. Usually available an hour or two at night during the week, available on tuesday afternoons
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU at the moment.
Tell us a little about yourself: 16 years old man into competitive moms for about a year living next to Paris. Likes parties, electronic and hip-hop music, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype, yes.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do.

I have requested Bluwing (Iridescent.) as a tutor and he accepted.

How do you tag someone btw

Last edited:
Username: Jerkyroo
PO/PS! Username: Jerkyroo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST, currently completely open, but changes Monday
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have a good amount of experience in competitive gaming, along with a strong understanding of basics, and I learn fairly quickly

Username: Bard of Rage
PO/PS! Username: Bard of Eon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+13, 9:00AM-9:30PM
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC
Tell us a little about yourself: I recently turned 18, and live in New Zealand. I got into competitive Pokemon during the beginning of Gen 6, and have tried out a few metagames but so far VGC is my favourite. My other hobbies include reading, writing, karate and recently, Smah Bros for 3DS.

Username: Shyfire
PO/PS username: Shyfire
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8 (Pacific Stadard Time) usually i can do things anytime past 3 o'clock Pacific standard time PM anyday.
What tier do you want to learn: ADV OU
tell us a little about yourself: I enjoy video games. Outside of pokemon i particapate in track (running) and karate. I feel like ADV OU is my best metagame and since the farm league is upon us i want to sharpen my game. I'v been playing pokemon since the late days of BW2, and overall want to get better. Also working on becoming a well known and good tour player.
Are you able ot use either IRC or Skype: IRC
Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes

Username: Bowers180
PO/PS! Username: Bowers180
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Standard Time (-5:00) I'm online most days from 9:00 AM to 9:00PM it really depends
What tier do you want to learn?: XY & ORAS OU as well as VGC 15
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi! My name is Tyler, and someday, I want to be good enough at battling to get a scholarship from VGC. This is so I can pay for a prestige University to have a quality education to become an RN and not leave myself or my parents paying for my tuition bills. Most of all, I enjoy battling, and the thrill I get from a quality battle! FYI: I'm a carefree guy, does curse every now and again, but can be chill and cleanr
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype? No, but I'm almost ALWAYS available on Showdown so message me there. If that doesn't work, I'll create a safe email address for myself and my tutor so we can relay back and forth safely. I'm a paranoid person lol. But I really need some tutoring like bad haha.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I guess so lol. Would love a more in depth explanation though!

Username: The Unlucky one
PS!Username: TUO/superwii64cube
Your Timezone: GMT+8 I have school so thast a thing
What Tier do you want to learn?: An ORAS meta, preference of OU>VGC>Rest (just not LC, I know that)
Tell us a little about yourself: I play LC and have played for a while wanna get into ORAS
Are you able to use either IRC or skype? Yes
I understand the blacklist

Username: inscribe
PS!Username: kektus
Your Timezone: GMT -5(EST), i can be on around 5 pm my time until around 9
What Tier do you want to learn?: ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in florida and am pretty much a very layed back guy, i also like to joke around a lot!
Are you able to use either IRC or skype? Yes
do i understand the blacklist: yes

Username: Rubydragon79
PO/PS! Username: RubyDragon79
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (UTC -5), Mon-Fri after 8pm and weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS RU/UU/OU
Tell us a little about yourself: College graduate. I play Kancolle, LoL and JRPGs; watch a lot of anime and read manga. I've been playing Pokemon since gen I, but only recently have playing competitively.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both work, but I prefer Skype

Empress

Warning: may contain traces of nuts
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: wh0sy0urpapa

PO/PS! Username: wh0sy0urpapa/mattpapa13 (wh0sy0urpapa is my primary, mattpapa13 is my alt)

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Standard Time, 5pm-12am weekdays, any time on weekends save for 3am-10am

What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU, ORAS RU, ORAS Doubles (in that order)

Tell us a little about yourself: Let’s see… I’m 17 years old, I am an Eagle Scout, I was a runner-up on the former game show Brainsurge, and I submitted the winning name for CAP 19 (Plasmanta). There is not a lot interesting about me.

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I use IRC, but not Skype.

Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes… mostly. What do you guys mean by "poor activity over the course of a round"?

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Username: Croven
PS! Username: Croven
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, weekdays usually from 3 PM to 6 PM, then some scattered activity later at night. Weekends I'm generally free in the afternoon, but my parents can make random schedules in a moments notice, so eh.
What tier do you want to learn? VGC '15 (if that's not available, then ORAS Doubles)
Tell us a little about yourself: A generic Indian. I play tennis, hoping to make the high school team this spring. I hang around on Frost a lot as well as main, since I'm a fan of Monotype.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype? Only IRC, unavailable on Skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: QuoteCS
PO/PS! Username: QuoteCS
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: AST, available from 5:30 PM onward on weekdays; weekends vary.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm going to school to get a job in the IT industry. On top of playing competitive Pokemon, I also play Smash. Oh, and I'm an RO in the LC room. I've been looking at playing some other tiers/metas, and I thought I'd give UU a try, but I normally don't have the energy to learn a tier on my own, so I figured this system would be great for me.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, I use both very actively and will give my tutor my Skype.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Absolutely.

horyzhnz

[10:02:17 AM] flcl: its hory xD
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: horyzhnz
PO/PS! Username: horyzhnz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt+11, pretty flexible since holidays
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: i want to learn ou because it's the standard + i still havent fully transitioned into oras stuff
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: both, more active on skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: confirmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)