Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread (FAQ in first post, read before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For documentation purposes: What exactly happens when you KO Rayquaza during the Delta Episode? I can't find a single video online, probably thanks to its massively increased catch rate (even Twitch Plays Pokemon caught Rayquaza on the first try). All I've got from secondhand sources is that it apparently respawns and battles you again immediately, not even giving the player a chance to heal or save.
Questions:
- Is the above accurate?
- Does KOing Rayquaza give experience?
- What happens if the player blacks out? Do they have to manually return to the Sky Pillar, and where does the plot/cutscene leave off?
- What if the player runs out of Poke Balls? Are they stuck being forced to battle Rayquaza until they lose?
- Is it true that, like Xerneas and Yveltal in XY, there's an extra PC box not unlocked until after the Rayquaza battle?

For documentation purposes: What exactly happens when you KO Rayquaza during the Delta Episode? I can't find a single video online, probably thanks to its massively increased catch rate (even Twitch Plays Pokemon caught Rayquaza on the first try). All I've got from secondhand sources is that it apparently respawns and battles you again immediately, not even giving the player a chance to heal or save.
Questions:
- Is the above accurate?
- Does KOing Rayquaza give experience?
- What happens if the player blacks out? Do they have to manually return to the Sky Pillar, and where does the plot/cutscene leave off?
- What if the player runs out of Poke Balls? Are they stuck being forced to battle Rayquaza until they lose?
- Is it true that, like Xerneas and Yveltal in XY, there's an extra PC box not unlocked until after the Rayquaza battle?
If you KO Rayquaza, it respawns immediately but you still have a chance to heal/restock/save. I'm not sure it gives EXP if defeated, but if the player blacks out, you have to return to the Sky Pillar from the last Poke Center used. The plot won't advance until Rayquaza is caught. If you run out of Poke Balls to catch it with... somehow... then you'll have to KO it and then go back and restock before battling it again. I haven't noticed an extra PC box since I caught Rayquaza.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
So, there's a guy in my PSS right now who's icon is Steven. Are their more trainer icons present in the game that you unlock that I am not aware of?

Can an ORAS-caught Landorus be turned into its Therian form, or does it still have to have its hidden ability?
You can get the reveal glass in mauville city if you show the glass girl a landorus, thundurus or tornadus(or maybe all, but I don't remember). Then use it on your landorus, and you get Landorus-T!

Can an ORAS-caught Landorus be turned into its Therian form, or does it still have to have its hidden ability?
The Kami trio/genies have only ever needed the Reveal Glass to change between their Incarnate and Therian Forms. Just present any one of them to the mirror shop in Mauville to receive the key item, and you can change any of them to your heart's content.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
guys here me out

I'm EV training Scizor vs. hordes of Shuppet's, however I cannot learn a move to sweep all five in one turn. Does anybody have a way around it?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
guys here me out

I'm EV training Scizor vs. hordes of Shuppet's, however I cannot learn a move to sweep all five in one turn. Does anybody have a way around it?
Use a different Pokemon as the Horde Killer with Scizor in the back of the party holding the Power Bracer with the Exp. Share turned on, Scizor will still receive the 50 attack EVs that way. You can also use this method to train multiple Pokemon at the same time

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So let's say for instance I have Garchomp with Earthquake and Rock Slide, Oddish with Sweet Scent in slot 2 and Scizor, Talonflame and Sharpedo in slots 3 to 5, they will all receive 25 EVs in Attack? Or 50, depending on whether or not I have Pokerus.

Thank you,

So let's say for instance I have Garchomp with Earthquake and Rock Slide, Oddish with Sweet Scent in slot 2 and Scizor, Talonflame and Sharpedo in slots 3 to 5, they will all receive 25 EVs in Attack? Or 50, depending on whether or not I have Pokerus.

Thank you,
Yes, essentially. I assume the Talonflame and Sharpedo exist for utility. I'd recommend putting Incinerate on Talonflame as it saves you a teamslot when horde training; it easily kills hordes.

Taylor

i am alien
guess it is time to get 3 of each power items lol

Appreciate the help guys!

edit: i have pokerus but i can't get it to spread to any of my party members, anyone have a solution or reasoning as to why?

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

edit: i have pokerus but i can't get it to spread to any of my party members, anyone have a solution or reasoning as to why?
You're just getting unlucky, it transfers randomly, you just need to keep killing stuff until it spreads. In regards to your last question (I missed it because you didn't reply to me) yes, everything in your party gets EVs if the Exp. Share is turned on

Pokerus will only spread to the Pokemon directly above or below the infected Pokemon in the party. Also, Pokemon with the smiley face are non-contagious. What I do is I put the infected Pokemon in the middle of the party, and I can usually get the rest of the party infected within ~5-6 wild battles. Make sure to KO the Pokemon, not run from them.

Playing Omega Ruby and I'm just about to face off against Team Magma and get Latios.

I understand that Latios is a forced capture, but if I fill up my boxes so that I have no spaces for Latios to join my team, will I get a chance to capture Latios again?

Edit: This is more of a curiousity question, since I've just caught a Timid Latios with 30-31/20-23/30-31/31/30-31/30-31. Go me xD

Last edited:
Are you sure KOing the Pokemon makes it spread? I've run every single time I've ever tried to spread it and it never takes long.

Stellar is right running away is the most efficient strategy.
If you have one contagious Pokemon in slot 2 and 5 you only need to roll one positive RNG event to infect every other Pokemon.
This also applies to eggs, so spread the virus with every egg you trade away ;)

( Post Game )

Scorched Slab is located in the water Route 120 underneath the bridge where Steven gave you the Devon Scope. The cave has several floors now. At the bottom, Heatran can be found. Heathran is located in B3F. After defeating or capturing Groudon or Kyogre ( depends on the game you have ), You will end up seeing Flannery at B1F. After she tells the player about a rare Pokémon inhabiting the cave, Heatran can be encountered through a portal at B3F which is the bottom of the floor iirc.

Also Charizard Y Mega Stone can be found in B2F, near the southwest corner, after defeating or capturing Groudon or Kyogre.

Not to mention you need to complete the game as well before unlocking this part of the game first.
Ok thanks for the information

Is there a possibility of opening a meta for Contests/already one in existence?

I've seen someone bring it up in the past, and now that ORAS is here, it could be a thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)