2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
idk I'm furiously googling right now. Japanese TV shows have this annoying trend of bullshit cliffhangers, they only show in their next airtime or whatever though.

Gary Cahill has been all over the place this season.
When the team sat deeper last season after the stoke game he looked good but the fact remains he isn't anywhere good enough for a more expansive team.

I really hope Mourinho realizes a there is a problem with the right side of the team. With Ivanovic, Cahill and Willian being poor i different ways.

Zouma really should start taking that place. The guy is going to be a much better player than Cahill with ever be.
Having the best lb(last season) on the bench for Ivanovic is criminal.

The only player who could come away with his head high is Hazard who is asserting himself as one of the best players if not the best player in the league. Carried the team has been been through christmas.
Oscar and Willian need to step up, and for god sake shoot when the opportunity rises.

Anyways the team and only move forward and use this one off result as motivation for the rest of the season.

With Barca losing the appeal to CAS, they should have an election this summer with this joke of a board losing their 'place'. If Messi didn't love the club as much as he does he would have left already. He is still going to need convincing to stay. Don't think he is happy at all putting up with all this mediocrity.

Steven Gerrard moving to the MLS (most likely LA Gslaxy) in June. Thoughts, Liverpool supporters? It's gonna feel weird not seeing Gerrard in a red shirt, but to be honest this isn't a completely stupid move by Rodgers and co to let him go, IMO.

You think this rodgers move lol? He chose to leave we will only offer him 50% of his current deal. We are playing better when he is off the field right now which indicates it is the right time. Obviously he is a hero and i would love to keep him but he would be a luxury we cannot really afford.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
yeah lol no liverpool manager in their right mind would tell steven gerrard he has no place at liverpool football club

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
That embarrassment at Leicester was because Rodgers was too scared to bench Gerrard again. I think Gerrard realized that and made the decision to move on for the good of the team.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well you die (in Gerrard's case, leave) a hero. That's why I think he's avoiding the Premiership or even Europe at large. Despite his twilight form many teams would pay handsomely to have him. I could easily see him having a second wind career like Pirlo's Juventus stint, if he had relocated within Europe in healthy faith.

With Barca losing the appeal to CAS, they should have an election this summer with this joke of a board losing their 'place'. If Messi didn't love the club as much as he does he would have left already. He is still going to need convincing to stay. Don't think he is happy at all putting up with all this mediocrity.
Oh man, a Messi move will rupture the football scene, with the obscene bidding wars between Arab money and top European clubs. I don't think it's happening. He couldn't be more loyal if Barcelona was a religion.

Last edited:

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Gerrard wants to escape the nightmares, songs and chants of that slip that destroyed Liverpool's hopes of winning their first League title in ages :P Jokes aside, he's one of the best midfielders that both the England and the Premier League have ever seen, a Liverpool legend and I wish him all the best.

Yeah even though I wasn't a Liverpool fan I kinda idolised Gerrard a bit too. One of my favourite players from a young age. The PL will feel a lot emptier without him. Most of the legends I had growing up are gone now :(

I see a lot of people mentioning the fact that messi and neymar was dropped, along with Pique and Rakitic but the problems for Barca are deeper and can only change when the elections take place along with a new manager( A capable manager and not this joke/puppet).

They have created the perfect blueprint in how to destroy a great team.

Luis Enrique is out of his depths.
You would think that after 6 long months the team should be able to put together a decent performance, but this match against Sociedad was dreadful.
No movement, no clear idea of how to play, no midfield, pressing barely recognizable.
After drawing away to Getafe, Enrique said that he has been using the same system from the start of the season.
What fucking system is that. Is it give the ball to messi and hope he keeps producing his magic over and over? But lets blame the players!!!

I really hope those quotes from Messi are true. Someone needed/needs to speak up about the current situation barca find themselves in.
If it is true then the media will probably try and twisted it with the headline "Messi- The Dictator!"

Atletico are going to wipe the floor against Barca.
It's a shame really because Barca has the squad to challenge for 2-3 trophies but are looking like they will end another season without any silverware.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Worst part about Luis Enrique is that he doesn't seem to acknowledge the problems of the team. He just keeps saying ''unfair result, we should have won'' after every match they don't win (PSG, Getafe, Madrid, Real Sociedad... the list goes on).

I already said in the summer that he's not a good manager because he just doesn't have an strategy, but at least I expected him to know when things aren't right, and trying to change that. But he just doesn't.

All in all it has been a great weekend for Atletico Madrid.
Winning in a convincing manner against Levante and closing the gap between Madrid and Barca.

With 40,000 people showing up to see torres being presented, things couldn't be going any better for them.

House of Cards- Barcelona.

On a Serious note, this is the only way Barca can get back to fighting for trophies and playing in a style that is suited to their history.

Luis Enrique is on borrowed time now. Just a matter of time until he is gone.
Luis Enrique is an idiot. Wanted to punish Messi for missing training the other day but the other captains (Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets) had to step in and talk to enrique.
He tried to do the same thing at Roma. It's pathetic really and it seems like he trying to prove himself for his own sake.

Messi is really just cementing his place as the greatest player for Barcelona. The guy loves the club to death and wants what is best for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)