TLR's Lore, Legends, And More Action (LLAMA), brought to you by ASBet — Round One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
For simplicities sake, damage dealt can simply be simplified to hp you started with minus hp you had left at end of match. No way we are going into things that complex >_>

Also betting round ends in roughly 102 hours from now so if you want to bet on something send me a PM.

Also with LoA's affecting DQ they will only do so if done in advance. If loa is undefined in terms of away time I will simply call warning or dq after a reasonable amount of time and if it is in the 1 day dq period, a loa means you may risk end up being DQed because you will most likely be holding up the tournament.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Send in deadline was an hour ago and only one match is not up. AFAIK both players have sent and are waiting on referee so...

Leethoof if you do not have Maxim vs. AOPSUser up before two days after I sent you a VM I am going to be replacing you.

Also to everyone:

You have two days left to PM me with your bets if you want to bet.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Predicts, late of course. Also I'm not taking teams into account.

Pool A
ZhengTann vs. Rediamond - Sorry ZT but I don't exactly hold you in the highest regard battle-wise.
Texas Cloverleaf vs. smashlloyd20 - smash is p rusty.
deadfox081 vs. Elevator Music - EM is EM

Pool B
rickheg vs. Mulan15262 - Mulan is Mulan.
S0L1D G0LD vs. Avnomke - No clue here.
Imanalt vs. Vrin - Newbie vs rusty vet. No clue here either.

Pool C
Eternal Drifter vs. akela - These two seem to be pretty close together skill-wise but I think akela is slightly better.
Chinchou111 vs. Canis Majoris - Sorry sweetheart, I love you but if your record on cartridge battling is any indication I don't think you'll do well here.
Maxim vs. AOPSUser - AOPS to choke.

Pool D
Dogfish44 vs. Matezoide - Both are good players so I have no idea who will come out on top here.
Frosty vs. P2X7 - Frosty is one of, if not the best player in ASB. It's possible for P2 to win but he will be fighting a losing battle.
The Wanderer vs. Geodude6 - May the best man win.

Pool E
Leethoof vs. Birkal - caw
Its_A_Random vs. Engineer Pikachu - IAR seems to be the better player here but both are quite good. This would be the match to watch this round.
zarator vs. Saleem S - [11:43] <@Zarator> btw at the cost of sounding rude [11:43] <@Zarator> who's this guy I'm fighting? [11:44] <@Zarator> I have never seen him

Pool F
Mowtom vs. Deck Knight - DK! DK!
waterwarrior vs. TSRD - TSRD is new and ww is a vet.
Gale Wing Srock vs. Rainman Legends - Both new but both still pretty good. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Betting Round is closed and only one user even bothered with betting so nothing is gained or lost this round.

We will see if we can get more people involved next round. And possibly better PR. Or whatever.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Normal deadline before the 1 Day DQ overtime thingy is exactly three weeks away.

If your opponent is being slow or the referee is slow, do not be afraid to push the DQ (warning) button for the former or contact me or ZhengTann for the latter!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Clarifying Tiebreaker rules for this tournament:

If a match ends in a draw, the draw is broken like this:
If a Pokémon KOes itself and takes out their opponent simultaneously and both players were on their last Pokémon, then the suiciding player loses the match (aka Self-KO Clause)
If a Pokémon takes out their opponent before dying to residual damage and both players were on their last Pokémon, the player who KOed their opponent wins the match.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Finally going to decide who advances to the finals.

The top three players after three rounds will advance. This will go into single elimination quarter finals, followed by round robin semi-finals and finals, where the the top player of each of the three round robin series advances to the final.

So the structure goes 36 > 36 > 36 > 18 > 9 > 3.

Also the one week to go warning will be up in no less than 17 hours.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
One week to go until the 1 Day DQ thingamajig, I will start to enforce DQ more liberally than I have been. Respect LoA's like usual though.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
P2X7 got DQ Hammered

Anyhow, a few announcements:

As per the OP, it is now midnight on the 6th of February GMT so 1 Day DQ for players and referees in unfinished matches is now in effect. Only four matches still to be done so I am a bit disappointed we did not get all matches done but we still got the majority done though five were by forfeit or dq so I am pleased.

If you are willing to referee a match next round, please post in this thread. Referee signups are only done on a round by round basis so yeah.

Finally for those who did not get in who want to play, we may have to substitute people in to replace people who go inactive or quit. Not sure on whether you inherit the subbed player's team or not yet but their record will be inherited. So I guess sub signups might start next round because yay swiss and screw effective byes >_>

And that is about it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)