Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 D / 4 SD
~ Toxic
~ Seismic Toss
~ Aromatherapy
~ Softboiled

The general improvements I want to make right now:
Protect was useful before I learned that there's a list of every Pokemon and Trainer in the Battle Maison, so I don't need it to get a clue to my opponent's moveset. Any better recommendations for a move?
Fire Fang isn't very useful on Rhyperior. Earthquake/Stone Edge/Megahorn has no resistors, so I'm not sure what a good fourth move would be. Perhaps Hammer Arm or an elemental punch?
What's everyone's opinion on using inaccurate moves (Stone Edge, Megahorn)? They usually hit, and there aren't many good alternatives to them, but sometimes I miss twice in a row and it ends my streak.

Also, what tool do people use to decide how effective an attack would be? I've been using Pokemon Showdown's damage calculator (https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/), but the default to Lv100 is frustrating, and it doesn't have the Battle Maison Pokemon pre-loaded or anything.

turskain

activated its Quick Claw!
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Here's my current Singles team, 67 wins:

Mega Charizard Y (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze -> Drought
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SA / 252 Sp / 4 HP
~ Flamethrower
~ Solarbeam
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Protect

Rhyperior (F) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Solid Rock
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 A / 4 Sp
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
~ Megahorn
~ Fire Fang

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
~ Toxic
~ Seismic Toss
~ Aromatherapy
~ Softboiled

Protect was useful before I learned that there's a list of every Pokemon and Trainer in the Battle Maison, so I don't need it to get a clue to my opponent's moveset. Any better recommendations for a move?
Fire Fang isn't very useful on Rhyperior. Earthquake/Stone Edge/Megahorn has no resistors, so I'm not sure what a good fourth move would be. Perhaps Hammer Arm or an elemental punch?
What's everyone's opinion on using inaccurate moves (Stone Edge, Megahorn)? They usually hit, and there aren't many good alternatives to them, but sometimes I miss twice in a row and it ends my streak.

Also, what tool do people use to decide how effective an attack would be? I've been using Pokemon Showdown's damage calculator (https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/), but the default to Lv100 is frustrating, and it doesn't have the Battle Maison Pokemon pre-loaded or anything.
I like HP Ground on Megazard Y to cover Flash Fire users, particularly Heatran. Howewer, a lot of those would be walled by Chansey already, so perhaps it isn't as useful outside Arcanine (the physical Entei OHKOs Zard with Stone Edge, and you don't want to stay in on Rapidash either). HP Electric to nail Gyarados and AncientPower to nail Fire/Flying-types could have utility if those are a bigger worry than Flash Fire. Air Slash or HP Flying for Fire/Fighting types could also work - outside HP Ground/Dragon Pulse the options are all pretty narrow.

Inaccurate moves are not good enough, with a few exceptions: Icy Wind on Suicune, things like Toxic on infinite stallers, and arguably Rock Slide from the center in Triples - 3 hits per use makes triple misses much more rare than double misses, and more hits also means more 30% flinches to improve the odds further. It's still not reliable, but it's good enough that I'm fine with running it in randomly generated TR teams, and as a coverage move on something like Blaziken. If you get to use it twice, you get "six hits" which makes getting nothing out of it very, very unlikely.

The showdown calculator is what I use, with tabs open for all Pokémon on the team so I just need to fill in the opponent.

~ Flamethrower
~ Solarbeam
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Protect

~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
~ Megahorn
~ Fire Fang

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
~ Toxic
~ Seismic Toss
~ Aromatherapy
~ Softboiled

MegaZard Y doesn't really have a ton of other options. You could use Tailwind to boost your speed, but that wastes a Sun turn. That said, it makes Rhyperior less horrendously slow, so it's a decent option. Earthquake hits Heatran, but Chansey demolishes Heatran anyway. Ancient Power can OHKO Volcarona (but usually won't, and Flamethrower 2HKOs anyway). It's a respectable option for opposing Fire-types, though.

I'll start with low accuracy moves, because they directly pertain to Rhyperior: they're awful. The odds of missing twice in a row are ridiculously high when you factor in the number of battles you have to win AND the odds of Bright Powder/Lax Incense/Double Team. 90% accuracy is barely acceptable (again, BARELY) if you're going for 100 wins or so; I think you're pushing your luck if you're aiming for 200 wins without using a Wide Lens. 80-85% accuracy is completely unacceptable in Singles.

Given that, Rhyperior's viable movepool is somewhat barren. Earthquake is a given. Fire Fang has no place on the moveset, as Rhyperior learns all of the Elemental Punches. Ice Punch gets good coverage with EQ. You could try out Rock Slide, but don't be super surprised when it misses twice in a row, because it WILL happen. I might try Thunder Punch just for Gyarados, because between Intimidate cutting Rhyperior's attack, Dragon Dance to boost stats, and Rest to heal off Toxic damage, your team HATES Rhyperior. Mega Charizard Y's Solar Beam barely takes away a third of its health, giving it plenty of time to set up DDs/Rest off damage and sweep you (Thunder Punch is also an option on Charizard). My biggest recommendation for the Rhyperior set is to run Rock Polish. Weakness Policy is a cool trick, but it's less viable when Rhyperior is outsped by EVERYTHING on the next turn and instantly killed. 196 Speed EVs puts Rhyperior at 85 Speed, letting it outspeed Garchomp 4 after a Rock Polish and hit it with Ice Punch. Garchomp 4 otherwise outspeeds Mega Zard Y and kills it with Stone Edge, or sets up Swords Dances and murders Chansey. Note that Garchomp 4 is a horrible opponent for your team; if it comes in against Charizard or Chansey, you have to switch to Rhyperior (potentially on the Swords Dance, in Chansey's case), and Rhyperior can be OHKO'd by EQ with a 60 HP/252 Atk/196 Spe spread. That said, at least a Rock Polish + Weakness Policy boost would allow Rhyperior to knock it down to its Focus Sash with Ice Punch before it gets KO'd.

Basically, Rhyperior isn't very good in the Maison (or at least, in Singles). But if you held a gun to my head and forced me to use it, I'd probably use Adamant 60 HP/252 Atk/196 Spe with EQ, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, and Rock Polish.

Chansey wants Natural Cure, since it isn't using Serene Grace. I think Chansey is criminally underrated in Singles, but you do want to be VERY cautious about set-up sweepers (particularly those with Curse + Rest) when using it. Even Entei 2 (Calm Mind, Flamethrower, Will-O-Wisp, Rest) can cause you big problems, as +6 Flamethrower can 2HKO Chansey and Will-O-Wisp can burn Rhyperior. At least you can try to Toxic it until it Rests twice (using up its Chesto Berry) and hit it hard with Rhyperior, though. Just know that Earthquake won't OHKO it without a crit.

Good luck!

Call it paranoia if you want—some would say paranoia is just a heightened sense of awareness anyway. Whatever it is, I was shocked but not really surprised when I opened my DS, "safely" seated at my desk with my game suspended as had been the without-incident case dozens of times. Only once had I pulled my DS out of my left coat pocket and found my progress to have been interrupted, and that was a full game card eject on some inconsequential streak years ago (one that heightened my awareness of where my DS is positioned against my chest in such pockets). In this case, my game card was still securely snug inside my DS, which meant that interruption of my streak had little explanation, especially given the recent and numerous DS closures just this past week. I don't get it, and I'm incredibly tired of "this".

I can't blame myself for missing a trainer, or not finishing the battle in my car, something I didn't do because I wasn't aware that the 9:30 meeting I arrived in time for had been postponed due to this very weather. I can't blame the snow itself, or myself for not having read my boss's 7:43am email about the meeting postponement, because a game "eject" like this was bound to happen at any time given the circumstances (no incidents through 100+ closures the past week, careful carrying, no actual game eject, etc.). I can't even blame "having been driving" like I could partially when I missed Anastasia in battle 1,269, because carrying my DS in my pocket has no bearing on having been driving. So I just don't know about this one, guys.

What I do know is that I genuinely have nothing further to prove here, and that getting back to 1,560 as though I legitimately lost a battle (which hasn't happened in almost four months), is not at this time my idea of fun. I will even go so far as to say that someone in my position could justify hacking up some super team to get back to 1,560, and savestating often to safeguard against losses given the circumstances.

The chilling thing is that even if I were interested in doing that (I'm not), Kangliscune is easily the fastest team the Singles Maison has seen and "why would I need to savestate, this team's lone loss in over 2,800 battles was due to not being aware of a trainer's ability to use Medicham3 and a good deal of hax as well." The only reason, therefore, that I would savestate is to hedge against my worst nightmare recurring. I would very literally rather "take my chances" with Kangliscune than some hacked wonderteam anyway because I have quite simply mastered how to use Kangliscune.

I may give the Maison a shot in AS, triples or singles. I think that if anything my Y cart is the problem, but seriously who gives a shit at this point if I start a streak in AS and lose it to a game reset, I've already lost over 2,000 battles' worth of streaks to that anyway (1,560 + 290 in triples + 241 pre-DS repairing with Suizorus are the highest). Or I may wait for the Frontier to be updated into the game as the hints suggest (not getting my hopes up or anything). I'm just really not in the mood to try again right now, because at this point it is legitimately more about proving how long I can battle without losing my streak on a technicality, which isn't a very valid challenge if you ask me. Good luck to you all.
Well, that sucks.

For whatever it's worth, you have always been the champion of the Battle Facilities in my mind, ever since team Drapula made its debut, lo those many years ago. It would be so unfortunate if your love of the game were forever shattered because of faulty hardware.

turskain

activated its Quick Claw!
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Finally, video of AI trying to switcheroo a mega stone.

W6VG-WWWW-WWWT-B362
Turn 1: Lopunny used Switcheroo on Sceptile! Sceptile protected!
Turn 2: Lopunny used Switcheroo on Talonflame!

It's curious that Lopunny switched the target to Talonflame even though the attack failed because of Protect. I guess it just targeted randomly rather than learning that Switcheroo would fail in this case?

Turn 1: Lopunny used Switcheroo on Sceptile! Sceptile protected!
Turn 2: Lopunny used Switcheroo on Talonflame!

It's curious that Lopunny switched the target to Talonflame even though the attack failed because of Protect. I guess it just targeted randomly rather than learning that Switcheroo would fail in this case?
I think the AI realizes that it's holding a mega stone once it mega evolves, just not before. I've seen it do the same thing when I didn't protect. Or rather, I haven't seen it target the mega after it mega evolves.

Last edited:
Speaking of act of God levels of bad luck, here's why I'm retiring: 4XYG-WWWW-WWWT-DYMB

On the surface, it's Glalie setting up as usual and encountering a very shitty matchup where Infiltrator Chandelure comes out 2nd and OHKOs it with Heat Wave. With more analysis, it's even unluckier. Ace Trainer Colin has a roster of 101 Pokemon, making the odds of Infiltrator Chandelure making an appearance 1/303. Obviously a lead Chandelure is no problem at all, as it gets Flashed a couple times and then has its ability taken away. But also note Durant KOing Chandelure with Rock Slide, a move I specifically have on it to clean up after such a hax-filled encounter with Chandelure. Durant isn't going to be taking on an unknown 3rd mon with Truant Rock Slide, but by my conservative estimate, Colin could have had 29 different Pokemon in Granbull's place that would have been sent out 2nd ahead of Chandelure, and therefore Durant's Rock Slide would have made for one hell of a clutch victory.

So the odds of that kind of matchup were around 1-in-500, the type of hax which could definitely derail a lot of teams (on the same order as a lead Walrein evading Entrainment and hitting with a OHKO move when using a Durant + 2 sweepers team, or a little more frequent than encountering a lead Tornadus that hits with Hurricane, confuses, and makes you hit yourself in confusion) and will inevitably come up over a long streak. That part is just the beginning.

Until this point, I was at a similar level of confidence against this type of Chandelure that VaporeonIce would be against a backup Unaware Quagsire - it *could* win in a 1-on-1 situation but it would need to use the right moves and/or have hax on its side (in Quagsire's case either Curse followed by EQ or EQ every turn with some help from either low Knock Off damage rolls or an Earthquake crit). However, Moody let me down in an extraordinary way. Chandelure 4 has a neutral nature and no EVs, so Glalie has to be at +0 Special Defense or lower to be KOed (and it can even survive Heat Wave with a low damage roll). Factor in that Chandelure has 1 or 2 chances to attack before being KOed, has an extremely high tendency of first going for Will-o-Wisp or Calm Mind, and must also hit through boosted evasion.

The *perfect* way to play it, of course, would have been to note while setting up that there was a 1 in 300 chance Infiltrator Chandelure could be lurking in the background (side note: excellent idea Game Freak had in deciding to change its hidden ability from Shadow Tag between 5th and 6th gen and then giving the ability to an even more broken Pokemon in Mega Gengar) and to hold off on KOing Porygon-Z until my Special Defense was sufficiently boosted. The fact that I've been able to compensate for Pokemon's primitive UI and keep track of that kind of stuff over thousands of battles without explicitly using a pen and paper (gauging Speed by the turn order, Special Attack by a spreadsheet with minimum damage calcs for +0 to +6 Frost Breath against every Maison Pokemon, roughly estimating defensive stats by how regularly attacks break the Sub, seeing which stats are near maxed out when they "rose" instead or "rose sharply") is frankly insane. For all the new stuff that's intended to make the game easier for younger audiences, there's nothing a new player could discern from official game materials to figure out the actual in-battle effect of a stat changing sharply/drastically/etc when it would be the easiest thing in the world to have something in the stat overlay ("Hmm, it said that Dragon Dance made my Salamence's Attack and Speed rose, but it shows the same number").

Normally I would've had an eye out for the Special Defense, but I was in the midst of an unlucky ("statistically extremely unlikely" is probably the better term given that these didn't really affect the battle in any way other than requiring me to waste even more Sub, Protect, and Taunt PP while setting up) streak in which my Speed was still negative after over 25 turns in the previous 3 of 4 battles (including this gem where a +2 Speed increase after about 30 turns of boosts still left me slower than Cresselia the following turn, which made for a potentially awkward situation against Scarf Heatran: G69G-WWWW-WWWT-DN9U). With my Speed once again in the doldrums against Pory-Z, I'm sure I got annoyed and began to focus exclusively on looking for Speed increases rather than making sure all of my stats were decent.

Once Chandelure came out, it missed Will-o-Wisp the first turn, which tipped me off to the fact that it had Infiltrator. There are quite a few leads that aren't too threatening to Durant and allow me to switch directly to it while keeping Sableye alive. That would have allowed a Sableye sacrifice so I could use Entrainment again, but Porygon-z does too much damage and can paralyze with Thunderbolt (according to my spreadsheet/playbook, I can keep Sableye alive against 72 of the 194 non-legendary set 4 Pokemon). Anyway, I'm not good enough with probability or Monte Carlo simulations to determine just how unlikely it is for a stat (notwithstanding the 1/7 chance that the particular stat was Special Defense) to be at +0 or lower after 36 turns of boosts, but suffice it to say that it was pretty damn unlikely. A particularly astute critic may point out that I should be more concerned with Infiltrator Chandelure since a CH Heat Wave dooms me regardless of Special Defense boosts. I used to be, but the battle video and my subsequent logs of practice battles will show just how unlikely Chandelure is to use Heat Wave if my Special Defense is high enough.

After Chandelure missed WoW, my Special Defense dropped once more. In other words, no matter how unlikely the events leading up to this were, that last drop was likely necessary to secure the KO and encourage Chandelure to use Heat Wave (which was between 30-35% accurate depending on where exactly evasion ended up).

In these practice battles, I will deliberately play sloppily and begin attacking the lead Porygon-Z 5-10 turns earlier than I did in my loss, regardless of the boosts I've accumulated. I'm sure the frequency with which a poorly-played Glalie still ends up on top against one of the few backup Pokemon that is hypothetically supposed to trouble it and not Drapion one-on-one (the others would be Technician Scizor landing back-to-back crits with Bullet Punch, Sturdy Donphan breaking Glalie's Sub with either Fissure or a crit Stone Edge followed by a QC Fissure, and Heatran 1 not missing with a single Flash Cannon or Lava Plume) will show the totality of the luck required to give me a loss. It takes an extremely bad match-up, even worse luck with Moody boosts, bad luck in-battle, and bad luck in the moves the AI chooses all working together.

Practice Battle 1: Chandy lands Will-o-Wisp its first turn out, then uses Calm Mind, and then gets KOed by Frost Breath.

#2: I deliberately went on the attack even though my Speed was obviously too low. Glalie avoids WoW, gets burned by it on Turn 2, avoids Heat Wave, and avoids Heat Wave once again as the 4th Frost Breath KOs. Even with clearly bad boosts, Glalie would have comfortably survived at least one of those Heat Waves barring a crit.

#3: Heat Wave hits on turn 1 and does 53 HP of damage and Glalie 2HKOs with Frost Breath (which requires +6 Special Attack)

#4: Oops my accuracy was bad this battle (which would have been noticed and corrected when Taunt missed 4 turns before KOing Porygon-Z) and the first Frost Breath missed Chandy. Heat wave hits and does 54 damage. On turn 2, I definitely have +5 or +6 Special Attack as I do about half as Chandelure as it Calm Minds. The next Frost Breath KOs due to always critting, a solid example of why I used it over Ice Beam or Freeze Dry.

#5. My Special Attack is low going in as evidenced by how many Frost Breaths it took to KO Pory-Z (along with Taunt so it wouldn't recover). Chandelure goes 0/5 at hitting Glalie, using WoW the first 2 turns and Heat Wave the last 3. Against +6 Evasion, going oh-fer over 3 turns is more likely than landing Heat Wave on a given turn.

#6. SpA extremely low. 4 Frost Breaths manage to do less than half as WoW hits, Chandelure CMs twice, and then Heat Wave hits and KOs. I knew SpA was -2 or worse because a Frost Breath did the same amount of damage after a sharp boost against Chandelure. That's something that obviously would have been spotted while in the process of KOing Porygon-Z, but I wanted to keep the number of Moody boosts dangerously low. Still, you can see how long it takes for Chandelure to start attacking when Special Defense isn't terrible.

#7. Frost Breath and WoW miss Chandy's first turn out. Frost breath hits as it CMs. FB-CM the next turn but frost Breath misses. Frost Breath hits as Chandy goes to +3, and Glalie KOs the next turn without taking any damage.

#8. It CMs as Frost Breath does over half. Next turn it's KOed.

#9. Frost Breath 4HKOs as Chandelure misses a WoW, a Heat Wave, and a 3rd WoW.

#10. Frost Breath is a 3HKO as it misses Heat Wave and then connects with WoW.

#11. Another 3HKO with WoW and then Calm Mind missing. Ending up with a burn is fine for this battle since Glalie at worst 2HKOs after 2 rounds of LO recoil, but running into something that requires me to stall it like Walrein or Lapras 2nd or 3rd would likely have required that I do as much damage as possible while and then hoping Durant could finish it off. It'd probably be fine for Lapras and would obviously be a dice roll against Walrein, but imagine the odds of running into those particular Pokemon following Infiltrator Chandelure.

#12. Went 1/3 on hitting Pory-Z with Frost Breath but got an accuracy boost the turn Chandy came in. Still resulted in the first Frost Breath missing as WoW hit. Frost breath 2 hits while Chandy CMs. Frost Breath and Heat Wave both hit the next turn, taking Glalie to 61/177 HP after burn damage. The would-be fatal Frost Breath misses the next turn.

#13. 3HKO while Chandelure CMs twice.

#14. WoW misses, Heat Wave misses, it CMs, then the 4th Frost Breath KOs.

#15. WoW hits, Heat Wave hits, 3rd Frost Breath KOs. 4th Frost Breath OHKOs Granbull and then Glalie dies to burn damage. Eliminating those last 10 turns of setting up sure adds a lot of excitement!

#16. WoW misses, Heat Wave misses, 3rd Frost Breath KOs.

#17. WoW misses, Heat Wave does 120 damage (only +1 Special Defense, the lowest I've seen in any battle besides my loss despite that particular battle having 7 more turns to boost), the would-be fatal Heat Wave misses on turn 3, 4th Frost Breath KOs.

#18. Calm Mind, +1 Heat Wave hits and does 80 damage, 3rd Frost Breath KOs.

#19. Happened to catch that Evasion was +6 this go-around. WoW misses, Heat Wave hits and does 60 damage, 3rd Frost Breath KOs.

#20. low SpA once again, but dodged WoW on turn 1, got burned turn 2, evaded 2 Heat Waves turns 3-4, Chandelure CMed turn 5, dodged one more Heat Wave and by then Special attack had gotten a couple boosts and could KO.

#21. Heat Wave misses, WoW Burns, 3rd Frost Breath KOs

#22. Threw this one with intentionally low Special Attack. Chandelure CMs and then connects with 3 straight Heat Waves to KO Glalie when one more Frost Breath would have done it in.

#23. Intentionally low Speed. Evaded a WoW and a Heat Wave and a speed increase following that put Glalie ahead of Chandelure to get the 3HKO.

#24. Evaded 2 Heat Waves and 3HKOed.

#25. Special Attack was +0 or lower. Chandy Calm Minded, missed with WoW twice, CMed again, burned with WoW, then missed 3 Heat Waves before KOing with the 4th. During this 8 turn exchange, Special Attack went up 0 times and went down once.

#26. With intentionally low Special Attack once again, Chandelure went 1/2 on WoW, CMed twice, and went 1/3 on Heat Wave as Glalie held on with 2 HP and a burn to KO on the 8th Frost Breath.

#27. WoW missed, WoW hit, KOed by Frost Breath on turn 3.

23-4 with all 4 losses due to intentionally bad boosts in Special Attack or Accuracy, which require willful ignorance to overlook. I've survived 5 or more turns every single time when Glalie only needed to stay alive for 2 turns in the loss.

Last edited:
Hey, math! My favorite!

The odds of simply getting no Special Defense boosts after 36 turns of boosts is ~0.44%. (About 1/225.) But then you're also getting stat drops from Moody, and in fact you have a 1.45% chance to lose whatever boost you had previously gotten in the next two turns without another boost coming up. If you think in terms of having an average of 7 turns between boosts coming up, you have ~6% chance of losing the boost in a particular stat before another boost for it comes up. If you're unlucky and you only get two Special Defense boosts in 36 turns (Somewhere in the neighborhood of 7%), more than half the time that happens you'll lose those Special Defense boosts back to Moody. (Upwards of 70% of the time, actually.) In fact, if we say you're only slightly unlucky and you only get 3 Special Defense Boosts (twice as likely: ~14% chance) over 36 turns, more than a third of the time (~38%) you'll lose those boosts back to Moody by turn 36.

So. You had a 0.44% chance to not get Special Defense boosts in the first place. You had a 3% chance of only getting one Boost, which would have had a 96+% chance to lose it back to Moody. Call that 2.9%. Odds are already up to 3.3%. Add in the odds of losing two boosts (4.9+%) and 3 boosts (~5%), and you're up to about 13%.

None of which is to say that you weren't unlucky in your loss. You were, very much so. But just to say that even after 36 turns, the odds of any one stat being +0 or worse are well within the kind of odds we have been learning over the years that the Battle Facilities will punish, sooner or later.

(Also, seeing that any given stat has ~10% chance of being at +0 or worse after 30ish turns makes that 3 battle run where your speed sucked much more plausible, no?)

Honestly, I think this proves the fickleness of Moody more than anything.

After some holiday delays and playing Fantasy Life I'm done with Triples! This is the team used. http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-maison-discussion-records.3492706/page-113#post-5954462

Time to to go back to multi!
This is the team: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-maison-discussion-records.3492706/page-113#post-5950685

I'm gonna finish it with this hyperoffense team with my bro Archie by hook or by crook!
No actually screw it, if I lose two more times in Multi with AI-rchie I will quit trying to do it with Archie and grab a teammate...

EDIT: I lost to Virizion with Salac Berry. Strike 2. :(

Last edited:
Hey, math! My favorite!

The odds of simply getting no Special Defense boosts after 36 turns of boosts is ~0.44%. (About 1/225.) But then you're also getting stat drops from Moody, and in fact you have a 1.45% chance to lose whatever boost you had previously gotten in the next two turns without another boost coming up. If you think in terms of having an average of 7 turns between boosts coming up, you have ~6% chance of losing the boost in a particular stat before another boost for it comes up. If you're unlucky and you only get two Special Defense boosts in 36 turns (Somewhere in the neighborhood of 7%), more than half the time that happens you'll lose those Special Defense boosts back to Moody. (Upwards of 70% of the time, actually.) In fact, if we say you're only slightly unlucky and you only get 3 Special Defense Boosts (twice as likely: ~14% chance) over 36 turns, more than a third of the time (~38%) you'll lose those boosts back to Moody by turn 36.

So. You had a 0.44% chance to not get Special Defense boosts in the first place. You had a 3% chance of only getting one Boost, which would have had a 96+% chance to lose it back to Moody. Call that 2.9%. Odds are already up to 3.3%. Add in the odds of losing two boosts (4.9+%) and 3 boosts (~5%), and you're up to about 13%.

None of which is to say that you weren't unlucky in your loss. You were, very much so. But just to say that even after 36 turns, the odds of any one stat being +0 or worse are well within the kind of odds we have been learning over the years that the Battle Facilities will punish, sooner or later.

(Also, seeing that any given stat has ~10% chance of being at +0 or worse after 30ish turns makes that 3 battle run where your speed sucked much more plausible, no?)

Honestly, I think this proves the fickleness of Moody more than anything.
Nice! The battle replay moves too quickly for me to monitor this with perfect accuracy, but Special Defense was around +4 or +5 20 turns in, which makes it all the more shocking. I remember seeing some Special Defense boosts early on, which was perfect for not triggering any alarms in my mind at the time between that and Glalie's Evasion going up. When setting up on P-Z, Glalie's Sub took a hit on turn 7 and turn 11, and then it evaded everything else until the Heat Wave.

As the practice battles show, Defense and Special Defense are the only two stats that you can't really judge if the enemy is missing a ton or attacking from only the opposite side (even against a non-attacking lead, you can let it try Leech Seed or Toxic against your Sub and get feedback on whether your Evasion is allowing you to avoid the attack or "But it failed!"). When you have that 10% luck with another stat, even in the most zoned-out state it's incredibly easy to be like "Hold up, I should definitely be faster than Porygon-Z by now" or "Hold up, I should definitely have done more than 40% there" or "Hold up, the fact that I've used 12 Sub/Protect and only 14 Taunt PP thus far means I'm not evading many attacks." I had arbitrarily set 35 turns as my bare minimum number of boosts to have for the final two Pokemon since that was equivalent to leaving 10 PP in Sub, Protect, and Taunt and using one Frost Breath, but the majority of the matches I went a little bit over to be sure I saw whichever stat(s) I found lacking increase a bit more. That's why Glalie is objectively the best Moody Pokemon in the first place, since anything with 2 attacks will run into "lol you have -2 Accuracy and missed 3 times in a row" while Glalie (and Smeargle, but Glalie has the bulk to not have its Sub broken by pretty much every single attack when it's forced into going against something that doesn't have Truant) can minimize that as much as possible. What kills me the most is that even with all the crappy luck with boosts and the matchup, it still took the very last Special Defense drop to increase the chances of losing by least 16-fold due to no longer requiring a critical hit, and likely by more than that since the AI knows what boosts you have and would therefore be much more likely to use Heat Wave.

In practice, I probably should have been willing to burn a few more PP in the name of setting up, but the obnoxiously slow pop-up messages every single turn take their toll. Besides, in my script for the team (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s7lS1GxBvSwOTci-umyr2-0u4wxpgDNwbAyQNKVlBbc/edit#gid=0 ) Chandelure is one of only 2 Pokemon (Lucario being the other) listed as an opponent that Glalie would appreciate taking on with high Special Defense. It's easier to keep that in mind against a Psychic/Hex Maniac but is harder to maintain against an Ace Trainer with 100 other Pokemon which may require different boosts to be 100% safe.

With all that said, Infiltrator Chandelure is literally the only Pokemon that can actually punish Glale for having low Special Defense when its Special Attack is +3 or higher and its Speed is solidly in the positive since Glalie can just PP stall and/or wait for a miss against anything else (or just 2HKO Clawitzer or Lucario, which can it even easier for Glalie by going for a highly inaccurate Stone Edge). Glalie was at +6 Evasion for a good portion of the battle, including at the end, so the Heat Wave had OHKO move accuracy to boot.

Last edited:
Well, my Aegislash is the SD one with Secret Sword and Shadow Sneak - I find it comes in handy for Super Singles to have not one, but three setup Pokemon. If I have to switch on the lead because Salamence would go down (not to Abomasnow, though, because even an unboosted Return KOs that sucker), whichever one I switch to can still go up to +4 or +6 then sweep, as nothing I've seen so far was SE on both Salamence and my other two - and because Crescemenace can sweep with just +1, it's a solid plan even if Aegislash or Suicune goes down.

Really, though, I just did a few more battles and then I started working on my Triples team - oh, and breeding breeding breeding, because all my 'extra' Pokemon disappeared in donations to friends. Got a shiny Marill yesterday, too... if only it wasn't 31/31/ZERO/31/31/31...

And thanks for that link. I must have missed it in the opening post, if it was in there.
SD Slash is cool. I just wish King's Shield blocked status so I could switch to my status absorber instead of wasting the turn and taking a Will-O-Wisp. I was trying a mixed Aegislash with bulky 'Mence, but I got annoyed with not having a Dark/Ghost resist. Those defence drops from Crunch/Shadow Ball are the worst on neutral targets.

Good luck with your triples run. I'm still trying to think of a good backrow for mine. Quicker battles seems attractive, but those top spots on the board are just so damn high. And it sucks to hear about your Marrill! I feel your pain, I was chain breeding to get Adamant 5 IV DD Bagon the other day. I ended up with half a dozen female 5IV Axew before I had the male I needed. And I'm glad I could help you find a better calculator.

I got to 120 in Super Rotations. The team was a revamp of my old one, with Mega Charizard X over Volcarona and Suicune over Milotic (Though I did use Aegislash/Salamence as my Dragon/Steel early on). The AI scored a crazy amount of crits in this battle, but it was mostly a loss to myself as I was trying to set up the wrong pokemon. Overall I probably took too many risks with Charizard in this streak, because sweeping with Suicune for the 1000th time isn't as fun. I'm in the midst of another attempt after making some small changes to the team. I'll post a full write-up when I reach the top spot :D

~ Flamethrower
~ Solarbeam
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Protect

~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
~ Megahorn
~ Fire Fang

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
~ Toxic
~ Seismic Toss
~ Aromatherapy
~ Softboiled

When you do change Chansey's ability to Natural Cure, I think you could get rid of Aromatherapy since Charizard's immune to burn and Rhyperior's immune to paralysis. If you're worried about Toxic, you can switch Chansey in and switch out when the damage starts to add up. To replace Aromatherapy, I'd recommend Substitute, which is maybe the best move a Pokemon can have to take on the Maison.

I'm sure there are a lot of random special attackers that may take a big chunk out of either Charizard or Rhyperior that Chansey handles without any difficulty. Using something like Alakazam as an example, Chansey has no problem switching in and taking it out using nothing but Seismic Toss and Softboiled.

With Substitute, you can do the exact same thing but now have the option of trying to get a free hit on whatever Pokemon comes out next instead of having to switch out immediately if it's a strong physical attacker. It would be a big relief for your team if Chansey could hit Garchomp with Toxic from behind a Sub on the first turn it appeared. Between Sub, Softboiled, switching to Charizard when Garchomp tries to use Earthquake, Protecting with Charizard, and switching to Rhyperior on Stone Edge, you could stall it out without taking very much damage at all.

Sub also helps against Special Attackers that could be troublesome. If you're battling a Psychic and Alakazam comes out 2nd, your Sub means you don't have to worry about getting Tricked and just have to stall out 5 measly Focus Blasts which won't even have a chance of critting or dropping your Special Defense.

So, I want this:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

But I cant decide between HP or Speed EVs, can someone advice?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
So, I want this:

Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

I run this set, and you get REALLY boned by the defensive Ghosts (Like, I keep losing to them)... Having those two priority moves just doesn't work together, pick one and scrap the other. I am thinking about having Crunch over SP, or EQ over Fake Out, but I haven't decided which yet.

So, I want this:

Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

You want speed, since it helps you outrun stuff like Heracross and Sawk, turning them from instant death for MegaKhan into free kills.

StarKO used Fake Out+Sucker Punch (but with Earthquake over PuP). Fake Out works much better if MegaKhan is a cleaner than if it's your lead/main sweeper. Fake Out and PuP don't really synergize well, because PuP doesn't let you boost Fake Out's damage. Most teams use MegaKhan as a lead or their main sweeper, so I would probably use EQ over Fake Out. Fake Out cleans up very well when your opponent is down to 1-1.5 Pokemon, but it's less useful when you're only hitting one out of a full three. Taking out the numerous Steel and Rock types with EQ is very, very useful as well.

Good luck!

Thanks for the input.

I was thinking lead with Kang for an extra Fake Out, then switch to Aegislash if necessary (i have Dragonair for backup). Then maybe King Shield to reduce Atk if possible, switch to MegaKang and set up with PuP / Dragonair and set up with DD.

But ye maybe i'll switch Fake Out for EQ since i have Fire Punch in Dragonair over EQ...

Edit: Yay, after 2 Kangaskhan boxes i finally got one with 31/31/31/x/31/31 ^^

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the input.

I was thinking lead with Kang for an extra Fake Out, then switch to Aegislash if necessary (i have Dragonair for backup). Then maybe King Shield to reduce Atk if possible, switch to MegaKang and set up with PuP / Dragonair and set up with DD.

But ye maybe i'll switch Fake Out for EQ since i have Fire Punch in Dragonair over EQ...

I'm assuming you mean Dragonite? I would definitely lead with that as it really needs its Multiscale intact to set up, and switching will often mean taking an attack and breaking Multiscale. You can pretty much rely on D-nite to win most of your games, using Aegislash as a switch in whenever you're faced with an Ice or Rock type that D-nite can't beat, then just use M-Kang as a back up for when D-nite gets KO'd... If Kang is your backup now, I would drop Power-up Punch for Earthquake as it won't need to set up, just clean with Fake Out + Return (with Sucker Punch and Earthquake as coverage). Use max speed and attack EVs for optimum cleaning potential

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave / Ice Punch / Protect (if I were to lead with Garchomp ahead of Talonflame)

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Will-O-Wisp / Roost

Garchomp @ BrightPowder
Ability: Sand Veil
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw / Stone Edge / Iron Head

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

(Bold is move in use at this time))

I'm continuing through my Super Doubles run so far stood at 28 wins. I have completed everything up to Super Singles (71 wins without Tyranitar using Focus Sash on Garchomp). Tailwind gives Tyranitar, Garchomp and Scizor the kickstart to take advantage of their strength and little niches they possess, especially in sand. Straightforward-thinking with Talonflame taking priority over any threatening Fighting-types looking to take out Tyranitar early, and double speed behind Tailwind allows for Tyranitar to take full advantage of Rock Slide. I've toyed with Swords Dance Talonflame but I figured using Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave (on Tyranitar) will give at least Scizor and Garchomp a definite chance to set up if I luck-out on team advantage at the start.

I've not run into any unbeatable opposition as of yet, but I'm sure to come across some luck-based struggles as I progress. I should be able to earn the Doubles medal at 50 wins with this team even though it's nothing too strategic, more so just a power-creep / judgmental war with the AI for my own pleasure.

Garchomp's fourth moveslot is open for suggestions if I am missing out on anything important.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave / Ice Punch / Protect (if I were to lead with Garchomp ahead of Talonflame)

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Will-O-Wisp / Roost

Garchomp @ BrightPowder
Ability: Sand Veil
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw / Stone Edge / Iron Head

Scizor-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

I'm continuing through my Super Doubles run so far stood at 28 wins. I have completed everything up to Super Singles (71 wins without Tyranitar using Focus Sash on Garchomp). Tailwind gives Tyranitar, Garchomp and Scizor the kickstart to take advantage of their strength and little niches they possess, especially in sand. Straightforward-thinking with Talonflame taking priority over any threatening Fighting-types looking to take out Tyranitar early, and double speed behind Tailwind allows for Tyranitar to take full advantage of Rock Slide. I've toyed with Swords Dance Talonflame but I figured using Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave (on Tyranitar) will give at least Scizor and Garchomp a definite chance to set up if I luck-out on team advantage at the start.

I've not run into any unbeatable opposition as of yet, but I'm sure to come across some luck-based struggles as I progress. I should be able to earn the Doubles medal at 50 wins with this team even though it's nothing too strategic, more so just a power-creep / judgmental war with the AI for my own pleasure.

Garchomp's fourth moveslot is open for suggestions if I am missing out on anything important.
I would leave Protect on lead Ttar with Talonflame as it allows for Talonflame to safely set-up Tailwind and beat fighting types. I would personally have gone for Adamant with more EVs in bulk as Tailwind already gives Ttar a huge speed increase (I haven't checked the speed tiers to see how much speed you need, I could be wrong and Jolly may be the way to go). WoW is too inaccurate for my taste in the Maison so I would probably put Roost there (or Taunt for stopping Trick Room. U-turn is also good). Garchomp shouldn't have to rely on Bright Powder + Sand Veil hax to be successful. Since you aren't running a mega, why not run Mega-Chomp? Sand Force Chomp under Tailwind would do some serious damage! I would run Dragon Claw as you can't select a target with Outrage, and Iron Head gets the Sand Force boost and beats the fairies that both it and Ttar hate (although you do have Scizor for that). You could even consider running Smooth Rock on Ttar to prolong Chomp's sweep. Scizor is Scizor, it's perfect as is :)

Speaking of act of God levels of bad luck, here's why I'm retiring: 4XYG-WWWW-WWWT-DYMB

On the surface, it's Glalie setting up as usual and encountering a very shitty matchup where Infiltrator Chandelure comes out 2nd and OHKOs it with Heat Wave. With more analysis, it's even unluckier. Ace Trainer Colin has a roster of 101 Pokemon, making the odds of Infiltrator Chandelure making an appearance 1/303. Obviously a lead Chandelure is no problem at all, as it gets Flashed a couple times and then has its ability taken away. But also note Durant KOing Chandelure with Rock Slide, a move I specifically have on it to clean up after such a hax-filled encounter with Chandelure. Durant isn't going to be taking on an unknown 3rd mon with Truant Rock Slide, but by my conservative estimate, Colin could have had 29 different Pokemon in Granbull's place that would have been sent out 2nd ahead of Chandelure, and therefore Durant's Rock Slide would have made for one hell of a clutch victory.
Why not let this be a reason to at least dip a pinky into the world of team generation? You did almost consider it.

While you're right that it's only a matter of time before you face a nightmare lead with even worse backup, it's not like I don't have my own share of problems. Whereas turskain has just gotten started and has very few experimental/shaky mons with "deadweight" all but stamped on their foreheads from the getgo (which he may have removed already), I have more than four times the Pokemon he does, and am rolling so many dice beyond choosing the team; the guys have to be remotely synergetic to do well, or the AI teams have to be even worse (which often happens) or, as it pleases me to try, I've got to look for unorthodox ways to use them in that group. Even with a great roll, there's always the prospect of getting totally screwed with a bad lead combo; Black Belts and Scientists in particular have enough pokes which, in the right placement, can effortlessly murder your setter regardless of bulk and shut down any attempt on your part to protect them or neutralize the threat.

If nothing else, you already have a number of "Shutdown" utility pokes and it would be pretty easy to rearrange or produce a wider array of sweepers (which it sounds like you've already got) so it's not like this would require much work on your part. I'm fairly certain that turskain had a lot of breeding on his hands.

Anyway, whether the team rollings works against you or presents you a killer hand, it's so fun to let the battles unfold and dominate knowing that you didn't plan for any of it. Turskain certainly seems the merrier for jumping on that wagon, so it'd be great to slowly expand the number of people that do this stuff in between streaks.

Last edited:

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Did you take the video down or typo the link? I'm trying to view it, but the VS Recorder isn't finding any video with that code.

Thanks for the input.

The problem with this team is that it's outrageously vulnerable to burns. When I ran Togekiss/Mega Khan/Aegislash (which was insanely vulnerable to Fire-types but at least Togekiss used Safeguard and put them to sleep), I ran into several teams with three Fire-types. Dragonite can plow through most Fire-types, but having to switch it in causes big problems if they burn on the switch-in and burn again on the set-up turn (special mention to Volcarona 4, who is bulky as fuck and can easily burn Mega Khan with Flame Body, forcing you to use the weaker Earthquake, which doesn't even 2HKO).

As cant say mentioned, lead Dragonite is more reliable for this reason. Even then, you have problems with leads that force Dragonite out and back-ups that can cause problems for your other mons. The one advantage to leading with Mega Kangaskhan is that lead Togekiss 4 doesn't murder your team as easily; a lead Togekiss can force Dragonite out, hit Kanga with Dazzling Gleam on the switch, and KO with Aura Sphere on the next turn (Return only has a 43.8% chance to OHKO). If you switch to Aegislash to tank Dazzling Gleam, it will use Heat Wave, which is bad for any switch-in. You'd probably need to sacrifice something to get Mega Khan in safely to KO, but even then, crit Aura Sphere can OHKO. Togekiss isn't SUPER common (but it isn't super rare either), so you should be okay for at least 200 wins, with 500 still being a long-shot possibility (IMO) if you play them wisely. Watch out for Protean Greninja too; you'll probably have to sacrifice Dragonite against it, because otherwise you'd switch to Aegislash to tank Blizzard, then switch to Khan to take a Dark Pulse, but Dark Pulse on regular Khan + Dark Pulse crit or flinch on Mega Khan will KO (so will Hydro Pump on Mega Khan, but I don't think the AI gets how Protean works). Greninja and Togekiss are reasons to consider keeping Mega Khan as the lead, but ultimately, I see the risk of burn-heavy teams and the utility of Dragonite's Multiscale as suggesting that lead Dragonite would be better overall.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am running Mega-Scizor, Life Orb is a habbit of mine.

I missplayed in battle #44 and lost to a Terrakion with Close Combat. Critical hit on my M-Scizor after it failed to OHKO with Bullet Punch, amidst Garchomp (I think Whiscash?) was frozen after a Blizzard landed successfully in sand w/ Brightpowder. :(

Time to train Excadrill and replace Scizor, so I can test out Mega-Garchomp.

I'm assuming you mean Dragonite? I would definitely lead with that as it really needs its Multiscale intact to set up, and switching will often mean taking an attack and breaking Multiscale. You can pretty much rely on D-nite to win most of your games, using Aegislash as a switch in whenever you're faced with an Ice or Rock type that D-nite can't beat, then just use M-Kang as a back up for when D-nite gets KO'd... If Kang is your backup now, I would drop Power-up Punch for Earthquake as it won't need to set up, just clean with Fake Out + Return (with Sucker Punch and Earthquake as coverage). Use max speed and attack EVs for optimum cleaning potential
Yes i meant Dragonite, idk why but i always mix up those 2... Thanks for the advice, its working wonders!

The problem with this team is that it's outrageously vulnerable to burns. When I ran Togekiss/Mega Khan/Aegislash (which was insanely vulnerable to Fire-types but at least Togekiss used Safeguard and put them to sleep), I ran into several teams with three Fire-types. Dragonite can plow through most Fire-types, but having to switch it in causes big problems if they burn on the switch-in and burn again on the set-up turn (special mention to Volcarona 4, who is bulky as fuck and can easily burn Mega Khan with Flame Body, forcing you to use the weaker Earthquake, which doesn't even 2HKO).

As cant say mentioned, lead Dragonite is more reliable for this reason. Even then, you have problems with leads that force Dragonite out and back-ups that can cause problems for your other mons. The one advantage to leading with Mega Kangaskhan is that lead Togekiss 4 doesn't murder your team as easily; a lead Togekiss can force Dragonite out, hit Kanga with Dazzling Gleam on the switch, and KO with Aura Sphere on the next turn (Return only has a 43.8% chance to OHKO). If you switch to Aegislash to tank Dazzling Gleam, it will use Heat Wave, which is bad for any switch-in. You'd probably need to sacrifice something to get Mega Khan in safely to KO, but even then, crit Aura Sphere can OHKO. Togekiss isn't SUPER common (but it isn't super rare either), so you should be okay for at least 200 wins, with 500 still being a long-shot possibility (IMO) if you play them wisely. Watch out for Protean Greninja too; you'll probably have to sacrifice Dragonite against it, because otherwise you'd switch to Aegislash to tank Blizzard, then switch to Khan to take a Dark Pulse, but Dark Pulse on regular Khan + Dark Pulse crit or flinch on Mega Khan will KO (so will Hydro Pump on Mega Khan, but I don't think the AI gets how Protean works). Greninja and Togekiss are reasons to consider keeping Mega Khan as the lead, but ultimately, I see the risk of burn-heavy teams and the utility of Dragonite's Multiscale as suggesting that lead Dragonite would be better overall.
Man that's some deep thinking (im just beginning with battle mansion, started +/- a week ago) but ye i can see the problem. My Dnite got burned once till now (apart from lum berry cures) but with 2 DD it still does pretty good damage with outrage. Since you've mentioned that bulky volcarona i went to the dmg calc:

If Volca leads and QD i'll DD 2 times (he cant even kill me at full HP at +4)
+2 252+ Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Volcarona: 216-255 (112.5 - 132.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If im burned
+2 252+ Atk burned Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Volcarona: 108-127 (56.2 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Thats not bad. But if im too low and end up dying, and then have to use Kang to finish her off AND get burned, ye i think thats game unless Aegi can clean up the house after...

Thanks for the help, but if i get to 70~ i would be very happy xD

Edit: Im running smogon's Mixed Attacker VGC14 Aegislash with Sacred Sword and Weakness Policy and it worked really well until now (i took a break before battle 40).
But im thinking if leftovers would be better... any thoughts?
Only one super effective STAB have 1HKO till now, if its not STAB he survives in def form and then its easy clean with +2. But apart from that WP doesnt help that much.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)