2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Man Tito Vilanova would have been superb. His only season was insane and record breaking. And it was right off the back of Guardiola's reign too, despite RM's imperious form.

Too bad cancer is a little bitch. :(

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
I don't understand why the Barcelona board are backing him. But then again who would they go for if they sacked him?

https://twitter.com/RobertoBonafont/status/552583044713160704

This journalist with 300k+ followers on Twitter just said Arsenal have made a 65m euro bid for Cavani 0_o
No way to know if it's true, but it wouldn't make much sense; he can't play Champions League, the PL title is out of the possibilities, and Arsenal has actually attacked well generally...

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Atletico get Cani on loan from Villarreal. Used to be a great player some years ago, and was great last season until he got injured. He's 34 now, so I wonder if he'll be able to replicate his good form.

Bale has the footballing brain of a baboon. It's kind of sad really.

Even after making 7 changes, Altetico controlled the game(in their way) and were good value for their 2-0 win.
Torres was nonexistent but after barely playing for half of the season this kind of performance was expected.

Giminez has been rock solid for Atletico and scored a hell of a header in this game.
Miranda has been one of the best cbs in the world for awhile now but with Giminez, Altetico have a young cb who will become of the best to replace him.

Madrid has missed Modric. The guy is essential to this team.
Regarding the rest of the team;
Benzema and Bale were terrible.
Ronaldo, like pretty much every other striker in the world needs service and got none.

Basically none of the Real Madrid players played good. Some were okay but against Atletico you have to be better than just okay most of the time.

Atletico are going walk over Barca and Luis Enrique is/should lose his job.

does any1 support napoli like me and rey? we should found a smogon official napoli fan club yeeee
i used to be a columnist writing about serie a.. napoli are easily my favorite club in italy esp. back when they had the magic front three of lavezzi hamsik and cavani. idk why but i love cavani as a player, my type of striker.

i'd cry if they unseated juve at the top but that doesnt seem like its gonna happen

e Also i straight up love Rafa

Atletico get Cani on loan from Villarreal. Used to be a great player some years ago, and was great last season until he got injured. He's 34 now, so I wonder if he'll be able to replicate his good form.
atleti are decent at picking up necessary squad players but frankly i hope torres continues to be heinously poor bc i hate him.

lol @ the barcelona drama these days as well. people forget that barca are traditionally the most dramatic babies in the world, they've papered over that by being so good for the past 7 years or so now. this happens time and time again, pep saw it and ran, rats from a ship and all.

i said it before but i'd quite like atletico to win la liga again. granted their resurgence means i now will bother to watch 6 matches per year in the spanish league instead of two, but simeone is supposed to be very good and it'd be cool if he can keep succeeding. i dont think carlo will lose the league though and i think madrid will get their mentality right again and win the league if they must (ive seen a few of their games in spain + europe this year, and i know ancelotti from his time at milan pretty well.. he's a winner, though obv. better in europe than the league)

it would be rather interesting to see messi leave though. i don't think it'll happen frankly but the watching the mess that is barcelona try to pick themselves back up after that would be incredible.. they've had a top world class superstar to build the team around since what, 2004? whenver ronaldinho went there from psg in the first place. don't think neymar has the guts to shoulder that responsibility, and as a liverpool supporter i know the unfortunate side effects of thrusting suarez into the main man role (though he'd be utterly incredible.. probably will still be for them)

ronaldinho is up there for my favorite players of all time. he got me to love the sport more than i already did bc watching that sort of ludicrous creativity combined with efficiency was mesmerizing. my town had a bunch of ukrainians in it so the whole of our local football club was always debating about ronaldinho and shevchenko around that time which was a blast, still maintain dinho was the superior of the two haha (and obv. the best game i've ever seen in my life probably broke sheva's heart in 05)

idk frankly im trying to find interesting clubs bickering bc im sick of reading about liverpool this year lol.

Courtois
Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta
Matic Fabregas
Willian, Messi, Hazard
Costa

?

Also is Mourinho ever gonna play Luis? Isn't Azpi meant to be a right back anyway? And will Ivanovic lose his place if that happens? I know Mourinho loves Ivanovic though...

Shaqiri is going to Inter on loan with the option to buy him at the end of the season.
This is a hell of a deal for inter to get him. Hopefully he can pick himself up after a season and a half of basically doing nothing(was poor more often than not).

Liverpool made a larger bid but the player wanted to go to Inter.
With the squad inter has now they really should be pushing hard for that last cl position.

Also it seems like lampard never had a contract with City's american club lol.
This is just getting better and better!

Edit:
I would do anything for Messi to join the team but he isn't leaving with the elections coming up this summer.

I like ivanovic but i think the time for Azpilicueta to move over has come.
Ivanovic is important to this team but he is still a cb playing out of position.
Little stuff like putting hands behind his back and back-off from his direct opponent which allows the team to cross into our box or not providing enough in the final third after getting into a lot of dangerous positions each game.

Last edited:
lol... there are reports saying jozy altidore wanted more than henry made to go to mls. idk what in the world is going through his head. he's quite legitimately the worst player i have ever seen play in the premier league. its almost unbelievable how bad he manages to be, yet continues to play. he's had over 70 games in the premier league and has scored two fkn goals. is he kidding?! i bet half of smogon could do that without ever having played football before. laughable.

apparently only ONE player is injured for United O.O... and that is only Young.
LVG said Valdes won't like being benched, but that is competition, 2 quality keepers can push one another, and DDG can learn off Valdes, so in some ways Valdes being around is of benefit to DDG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)