ORAS UU Teambuilding Compendium [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Calloflochie.
OP adapted from Aerow.

The idea of this thread is to provide a visual list of what Pokémon does what in the ORAS UU metagame. This will help new and experienced players alike in finding Pokémon that fit their teams when looking for specific roles, as well as help players build more diverse teams by not always using the same Pokémon to fill the same role.

Below, we have the various roles an ORAS UU team might want a Pokémon to fill. For each of these roles is a list of Pokémon which can fulfill that role; all of the Pokémon listed can work at least somewhat viably as a performer of the role, but they have been ranked very roughly by how viable it would be to use a Pokémon for said role in the current metagame. If there is a Pokémon which is not listed which can perform well in a certain role, please feel free to post about it, and we may add it. However, this thread is not meant to be a place for discussion about the viability of Pokémon in general, unless a Pokémon's placement is drastically off - we have Viability Rankings for that.

Megas:

Stealth Rock:

Spikes:

Toxic Spikes:

Sticky Web:

Dedicated Lead:

Hazard Control:

Wish/Healing Wish:

Heal Bell/Aromatherapy:

Walls:

Specially Defensive:

Physically Defensive:

Mixed:

Dual Screen Users:

Assault Vest Users:

Volt Switch/U-Turn:

Pivots:

Offensive:

Defensive:

Fire Checks:

Dark Checks/Knock Off Switch-ins:

Water Checks:

Fighting Checks:

Flying Checks:

Volt Switch-ins:

Stallbreakers/Wallbreakers:

Choice Users:

Scarf:

Band:

Specs:

Setup Sweepers:

Swords Dance:

Calm Mind:

Nasty Plot:

Other:
(Dragon Dance)
(Shell Smash)
(Hone Claws)
(Belly Drum)
(Bulk Up)
(work up)

Phazers:

Priority Users:

Last edited by a moderator:
Qwilfish really should be on the Fire and Fighting Checks portion, along with Cofagrigus in the T-Spikes list. I'm really confused as to how M-Aggron is a Dark check though. Great list though, should be super helpful for new UU players.

You are missing these Swords Dance users:
- Empoleon (it has priority and defiant come on dude.)
- Cobalion
- Beedrill(Mega)
- Tentacruel
- Ninjask
- Roserade
- Sceptile(Mega)
- Combusken
- Gligar
- Meganium
- Kingler(crawdaunt v0.5)
- Marowak(1000 attack @ +2.. i mean its quite simple)
- Qwilfish(SWIFT SWIM AND +2 TOO EASY)
- Zoroark

Seems you're missing quite a few of top tier UU threats just in this one category, I'd really appreciate if this compendium wasnt half assed. sigh...

Last edited:
You are missing the following calm mind users: m-absol, azelf, blissey, celebi, chandelure, diancie, entei, espeon, honchkrow, infernape, lucario, medicham, meinshao, and trevenant. I expect a swift update to maintain the integrity and accuracy of your list. Have a wonderful day. :D

warzoid

I have several gelatinous friends
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
List Mega Ampharos under Heal Bell and Cloyster under Setup Sweepers.

Also, should there be a spinblockers category?

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You should add Aerodactyl, Cloyster, Flygon, and maybe Honchkrow to the hazard control list. Also, lucario and Infernape could be considered for the CM sweepers because they both have decent special movepools. You can run these set-up sweepers if you want a more bulky set. Also, you might want leavanny to sticky web users because it can be used as a decent sticky web lead. Leavanny leads can also run SD for when all opposing steel/flying/fire types have been eliminated.

Also, I have to address this post.
You are missing these Swords Dance users:
- Empoleon (it has priority and defiant come on dude.)
- Cobalion
- Beedrill(Mega)
- Tentacruel
- Ninjask
- Roserade
- Sceptile(Mega)
- Combusken
- Gligar
- Meganium
- Kingler(crawdaunt v0.5)
- Marowak(1000 attack @ +2.. i mean its quite simple)
- Qwilfish(SWIFT SWIM AND +2 TOO EASY)
- Zoroark

Seems you're missing quite a few of top tier UU threats just in this one category, I'd really appreciate if this compendium wasnt half assed. sigh...
Beedrill-Mega can't afford to use SD on its moveset because of how frail it is. Tentacruel is honestly not a good swords dancer, it really should be used as a spinner. Roserade has no reason to use a swords dance set over a special hazard stacking set because the LO special is more than good enough. Meganium is honestly just a bad mon in UU from my experience, and it has no business being a SD sweeper when it has such a great tanking/supporting movepool with gems like subseed, aromatherapy, and synthesis. Quilfish with SD really shouldn't be used over the hazard stacking set, but I guess it could theoretically work, but it does lose the added bulk from intimidate. Zoroark has such a great special movepool offensively that the only physical move you should be using is sucker punch, and I'm pretty sure zoroark gets nasty plot anyways. Honestly, just because a mon gets a move, doesn't mean that it should use it.

List Mega Ampharos under Heal Bell and Cloyster under Setup Sweepers.

Also, should there be a spinblockers category?
A spinblockers category really isn't needed since defog is more common from what I've seen. Also, there should be a category for; quiver dance, bulk up, shell smash, coil, and hone claws, belly drum, and dragon dance under set-up sweepers. Also, shouldn't there be a category for physical and special walls? Physical and special sweepers that aren't quite powerful enough to take down the bulkier walls should also be included because they can take down many of the more common mons on hyper offense, balance, and bulky offense before they can be taken down, but they wouldn't fit under another category. You also might want to add kingdra to wallbreakers because it can 2 shot the entire tier if it has a focus energy up, and it learns agility. After the dragon dancer category is added, i should be put there too. Also, we need a category for set-up stoppers like quagsire and haze vaporeon as well as a category for phasers like roar vaporeon. In addition, azelf and mesprit need to be added to stealth rock, and taunt azelf is a decent stall/wallbreaker. If mega sceptile isn't under volt switch-ins, then it should. I know that this is a really niche mon, but you might want to add lickylicky to heal bell and wish users as well as ampharos for heal bell only. Meloetta is a decent heal bell user from ru and support slurpuff from XY is a decent mon is good for wish passing and heal bell. Audino is a mon that can wish pass and heal bell from nu. Lanturn is a somewhat common heal bell user. Uxie and Liligant both get heal bell from NU as well. Also, quilfish should be added to fire checks because it is bulky enough to take several fire hits before going down. Also, add Meloetta and maybe Slowking to calm mind users. Pidgeot should be added to hazard control for defog. The hitmons, kabutops, claydol, and maybe sandslash. should be added to hazard control for spinning. Maybe Chesnaught could be included under swords dance sweepers. SD Haxorus is a set than can be used for dismantling stall over dragon dance. For SD sweepers in lower tiers, add the following: Drapion, Escavilier, Cacturne, Feraligatr, Kabutops, Sandslash, Samurott, and Shiftry. If any of these mons are already there, don't crucify me because I can't see some of the sprites. HOLY SHIT YOU FORGOT farfetch'd YOU IDIOTS.

Last edited:
Kingdra Should be in under Choice Band Users its uncommon but still viable and a surprise with how common the special set it.
Dragon dance should also be under set up sweepers

You should add Dragalge to the Wallbreakers section. That thing's a monster.

Also, is Hone Claws Flygon really a thing? I'm no expert on this metagame, but I don't see why you would use Flygon as a setup sweeper over Haxorus.

It's not really a thing, but the idea of it was a tailwind/hone claws Flygon to sweep. Did relatively well, actually, but I tried it and didn't like it.

Edit - Alright, Key, I'll bother you about this stuff when you're done and see if I can think of anything else in thaty time.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
I have a big request, can you put up three new sections/roles for specially defensive wall, physically defensive wall and mixed wall? I feel like if you have something as specific as Volt Switch-in and Fighting checks then the walls are more than deserved.

SD Beedrill Mega is a great stall breaker by the way.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hazard Discussion

Glalie/Mega glalie, cacturne, crustle, garbodor, should be added to spikers.

Cloyster, Forretress, nidoqueen, Omastar, and Garbodor should be added to tspikers.

Azelf, Nidoking, Claydol, Cobalion, Druddigon, Registeel, Armaldo, Camerupt, Cradily, Crustle, Ferroseed, Golurk, Steelix, Torkoal, and Sandslash should be added to the rocks category.

Ariados, Kricketune, Leavanny, Masquerain could all be added the sticky web list because of how limited the move is.

Claydol, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, Armaldo, Kabutops, Sandslash, Torkoal, and maybe Avalugg should be added to hazard control for spinning.

Aerodactyl, Flygon, Honchkrow, Pidgeot, and maybe Shiftry should be added to hazard control for defogging.

Also, there should be a dual screens category. If there is going to be one, I recommend starting with; the lake trio, Espeon, Bronzong, Claydol, and Cresselia, and Xatu. The iffy ones to add to dual screeners are; Ampharos, all viable rotoms, Celebi, Diancie, Jirachi, Forretress, Aromatisse, Audino, Cryogonal, Musharna, and virizion.

If there will be a trick room category; Regular Diancie, Porygon2, Aromatisse, Banette, Bronzong, Claydol, Cofagrigus, Cresselia, Jellicent, Reuniclus, Slowking, Exeggutor, Musharna, Uxie, and Xatu would all be considerable for a spot.

Why is celebi listed as a swords dance sweeper? I thought it only passed sd boosts.

Last edited:
I just think passing +2 to a choice scarfed Tyrantrum or something like that might be a better idea than sweeping with just celebi.
Huhu .. I think you dont get how this list works . This list is a list of roles , and which mons can play these roles .
And yeah Celebi @ SwordDance , Sucker Punch/Baton Pass , Seed Bomb , Recover/Baton Pass can proceed a sweep after a SwordDance.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Huhu .. I think you dont get how this list works . This list is a list of roles , and which mons can play these roles .
And yeah Celebi @ SwordDance , Sucker Punch/Baton Pass , Seed Bomb , Recover/Baton Pass can proceed a sweep after a SwordDance.
I can see your point now.

Also, you should add suicune to mixed wall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)