(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

I am almost certain Garchompite was the reward solely for trolling Flygon fans. No idea why it is Lucarionite that is a contest reward.

In general, why do mons with hidden abilities have pre-evos without them, and only the latter can be directly obtained? Want to breed HA Beedrill but all Kakuna have Shed Skin, and there was Starly last gen.
Well, there is nothing that I can do about Beedrill, but I could breed you a Reckless Starly if you want one.

I am almost certain Garchompite was the reward solely for trolling Flygon fans. No idea why it is Lucarionite that is a contest reward.

In general, why do mons with hidden abilities have pre-evos without them, and only the latter can be directly obtained? Want to breed HA Beedrill but all Kakuna have Shed Skin, and there was Starly last gen.
Thankfully Weedle has a different HA and Starly has Reckless this time around, so they've alleviated that problem completely.
... EXCEPT THAT THEY DECIDED TO GIVE FERROTHORN AN HA AND NOT FERROSEED.

Thankfully Weedle has a different HA and Starly has Reckless this time around, so they've alleviated that problem completely.
... EXCEPT THAT THEY DECIDED TO GIVE FERROTHORN AN HA AND NOT FERROSEED.
Is anyone ever going to run ferro HA to begin with?

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Well, there is nothing that I can do about Beedrill, but I could breed you a Reckless Starly if you want one.
Thanks, but already own one of those. Appreciative of the offer though.

The lack of HA on Ferroseed is also a bitch in that you won't know your Ferrothorn got a useless ability until later. On subject, why Anticipation? It seemed a bit slapped on.

Thanks, but already own one of those. Appreciative of the offer though.

The lack of HA on Ferroseed is also a bitch in that you won't know your Ferrothorn got a useless ability until later. On subject, why Anticipation? It seemed a bit slapped on.
Sure, no problem. I've noticed how some people are so helpful here, and I want to try to do my bit to give back.

And I sure am never running Anticipation of a Ferrothorn my mine. Iron Barbs is just such a great ability, like having a built in Rocky Helmet. Anticipation just tells you if an opponent has a Super Effective move, which is only useful in some circumstances. I'm sure some other ability, like Filter or Shell Armor would've been a far superior HA.

Also, although Game Freak decided to largely alleviate the problem of acquiring mega stones in ORAS as opposed to X & Y, they still decided that Lucarionite and especially Garchompite should be way, way harder for the kids to obtain than the others.
I think they might have made Lucarionite harder to get since it is tied for easiest (along with whichever Kanto Starter stone you get) in X and Y.

I find it annoying that getting Leftovers is so difficult (and time consuming), especially when your opponent has somehow managed to get more than one. I wish that they were available at the Battle Resort like in Emerald.
That would be 48 BP well spent.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I find it annoying that getting Leftovers is so difficult (and time consuming), especially when your opponent has somehow managed to get more than one. I wish that they were available at the Battle Resort like in Emerald.
That would be 48 BP well spent.
According to Bulbapedia you can find one in the basement of the SS Tidal if you only need one.

Pity we can't use Thief anymore. Otherwise we would just find a trainer with Leftovers and have a never ending supply (like Cheren could have been in Black and White).

That's another thing; why did they edit Thief to be like that in Gen 5 and keep it like that in Gen 6? What's the point?

That's another thing; why did they edit Thief to be like that in Gen 5 and keep it like that in Gen 6? What's the point?
Probably to not encourage thievery, since it isn't supposed to pay off in real life, or some such related crap. A pity. I remember farming Leftovers off of this Nidoqueen in Crystal. At least if my memory is correct.

I hate how all the Gym Leaders, if you talk to them in their Gym after you've become Champion, say, "I look forward to battling you again in the future." If we had Gym Leader rematches like in Emerald (and Platinum...and HeartGold/SoulSilver), we could.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I hate how all the Gym Leaders, if you talk to them in their Gym after you've become Champion, say, "I look forward to battling you again in the future." If we had Gym Leader rematches like in Emerald (and Platinum...and HeartGold/SoulSilver), we could.
There was no reason not to include rematches, especially if we're able to rechallenge random NPCs around Hoenn! The Hoenn Gym Leaders are even listed along with those trainers, yet they never become open for another battle. The previous remakes allowed you to rechallenge the Gym Leaders who had improved teams, I don't see why they didn't do it here. I highly doubt they'll remake Emerald so they missed their opportunity.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Or maybe it's because the original RS didn't allow you to rebattle Gym leaders.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Gold and Silver didnt either? Yet they had rematches in HGSS :| Not entirely the same thing as Gym Leader rematches didn't exist at all then, but even so the precedent is there.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Gold and Silver didnt either? Yet they had rematches in HGSS :| Not entirely the same thing as Gym Leader rematches didn't exist at all then, but even so the precedent is there.
Okay, I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to prove. FRLG didn't have rematches with their leaders, even though Emerald did (and both games were being planned and released at similar times). Precedent doesn't mean a damn thing in Pokemon, and there's no reason to get worked up over what was basically a snarky post of mine to begin with.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Sadly, I think they dropped it from ORAS so they could use it as a selling point for "XY2".
So they're going to let us be able to battle the Hoenn Gym Leaders in XY2? I'm not asking for a Battle Frontier here, I'm asking for you to program at least one more final team for them. Heck, they could even just copy and paste on of their teams from the Pokemon World Tournament if they're feeling lazy!

I don't know what or why they made some of the decisions they did. I have to assume they were rushed to make these games so they just followed the Ruby & Sapphire blueprints without taking a look at the ones for Emerald. I can understand them not including the Battle Frontier, that's sort of a huge area with a lot of things going on in it and they were probably rushed for time. But I think they could have included in things like Trainer Hill or maybe even some of the Battle Tents (do we really need four Contest Halls?). Heck, maybe they could have also done something more with the Winstrates.

Infact I'm surprised they did to Mauville what they did! Either they started redoing Mauville first only to find out they don't have time to do anything else OR since Mauville has that connection with XY that's why they were allowed to change it. Maybe that's why they changed the Abandoned Ship from being the SS Cactus to Sea Mauville; so they could do a bit more with it.

To bad if that is the case. I wouldn't've minded waiting longer for the game to come out if it meant more features and elements being added in. In fact, I would have preferred that, because I think it would have been worth the wait.

I would have loved to see what new Pokemon were added onto the Leader's teams.

The Pokemileage Club is really starting to shove a spiked dildo up my ass and twist.

Seriously, charge 3,000 pokemiles for an Up-Grade. 10,000 for a Lucky Egg. 2,000 for a Shiny Stone. Don't make me play shit-ass Flash games for entirely random amounts and entirely random rewards. I just got 100 points on one of the Balloon Popping games and what did it net me? A FIRE STONE. I've spent 3k points on Level 1 this morning and gotten ONE Shiny Stone (needed) and 3 Dawn Stones. Oh, and a DeepSeaTooth, whoopie.

EDIT: Oh, and I said to myself, "I bet right after posting this I'll get a Dubious Disk." AND IT HAPPENED.

Well, look on the bright side: at least you can get a Porygon-Z if you happen to have a Porygon 2 laying around. And at least you didn't have to earn BPs to earn it.
I'll even help you evolve it if you want.

Ironic how rare DeepSeaTooths used to be when first introduced in Gen III. Now they are randomly passed out.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Well, look on the bright side: at least you can get a Porygon-Z if you happen to have a Porygon 2 laying around
... AND have two Gen VI games and two 3DSs. :P

I just traded the Porygon Z (and many MANY other Pokemon) from my Y to my Alpha Sapphire when I was over at my cousins house who also had a 3DS. I have all the Pokemon I need in my Alpha Sapphire now, just need to train/breed for the missing Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)