VGC 2015 Viability Rankings (B Rank Nominations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome! In this thread, we as a community will rank every single usable Pokemon into "tiers". In this thread, you're encouraged to post your thoughts and opinions on the various Pokemon that are usable in VGC and what tier they should fall under.

The general idea of the topic is to rank each VGC pokemon under "rankings" that go in descending order. Since this is a general tier list, everything is lumped together. There won't be any segregation between offense, defense, and support threats. Make sure you take into account the support each Pokemon provides to both the team as a whole and whichever teammate it is immediately on the field with, in addition to how well it deals with opposing threats.

This thread is unofficial, but discussion is strongly encouraged to eventually create a better ranking system.

_​

Changes and Pokemon Pending Discussion
_

I'll collate all of the ongoing discussion here. That is, if someone has raised a point, it'll go into the 'pending' section. If enough people second that point, then a change will be made. Changes will also be logged here.

lucariojr edit: lol im not keeping up with this but update it if you want
mantyke edit: me neither lol

Changes and pending discussion on 10 Jan 2015:
Changes:
Scizor (Mega) stays in B
Sylveon from A to S
Suicune from S to A
Added Infernape to C
Added Gastrodon to D
Added Arcanine to B
Added Marowak to C
Added Chansey to D

Proposed and pending:
Charizard (Mega Y) from A to S
Charizard (Mega X) from B to C
Venusaur (Mega) from A to B
Suicune from A to B
Cresselia from S to A

Changes and pending discussion on 08 Jan 2015:
Changes:
Bisharp from B to A
Dusclops from B to D
Mawile (Mega) from B to A
Audino (Mega) added to D
Hitmontop added to B
Entei added to B

Pending:
Scizor (Mega) from B to C
Sylveon from A to S
Suicune from S to A

_

VGC 2015 Viability Rankings
_

In the VGC 2014 Viability Rankings, there were no ranks like A+ or A-, mainly due to the restriction of VGC 2014 to XY Pokemon. However, now that there are more Pokemon, we can consider breaking each rank into further rankgs.

_

S Rank

Reserved for Pokemon that perform well on any team, regardless of the opponent's team. Your team will almost always be better if you use one of these Pokemon. You should bring them to almost every match, unless the opponent's team is completely countering them.

Kangaskhan (Mega)
Landorus (Therian)

_

A Rank

Reserved for Pokemon that perform well on most teams. They can be team countered more easily than the Pokemon in S rank, but still provide crucial support or offensive presence that other Pokemon cannot. You should bring them to most every match, unless the opponent is over prepared.
A+ Rank
Aegislash
Amoonguss
Bisharp
Charizard (Mega Y)
Cresselia
Heatran
Mawile (Mega)
Rotom (Wash)
Salamence (Mega)
Suicune
Sylveon
Thundurus
Venusaur (Mega)

A- Rank
Metagross (Mega)
Rotom (Heat)
Talonflame
Zapdos

B Rank

Reserved for Pokemon that perform well on many different teams. These Pokemon are best served as "glue" Pokemon, where they either are supported by other Pokemon or support specific teammates. They are easier for an opponent to handle by using more highly ranked Pokemon, but are still good choices to bring in most situations.

I would like to add that Pokemon in this tier generally have great disadvantages alongside their advantages. For example, have great offensive presence but not the speed to well utilize that presence.

Aerodactyl
Arcanine
Breloom
Charizard (Mega X)
Conkeldurr
Entei
Ferrothorn
Garchomp
Gardevoir
Gardevoir (Mega)
Gengar
Gengar (Mega)
Greninja
Gothitelle
Gyarados
Hariyama
Hitmontop
Hydreigon
Latios
Ludicolo
Milotic
Politoed
Raichu
Raikou
Rotom (Mow)
Salamence
Scizor
Scizor (Mega)
Scrafty
Smeargle
Terrakion
Thundurus (Therian)
Togekiss
Tyranitar
Tyranitar (Mega)
Volcarona

_

C Rank

Reserved for Pokemon that can be effective given a certain situation but otherwise will fall behind compared to higher ranked Pokemon. These Pokemon work well if you can execute your own strategy, but sometimes lose momentum for your team if your opponent has good answers to them. These would be considered "tech" options, where you add them as the 4th, 5th or 6th option on a team and bring them to some matches.

Abomasnow (Mega)
Azumarill
Blastoise (Mega)
Camerupt (Mega)
Chandelure
Excadrill
Gallade (Mega)
Goodra
Heracross (Mega)
Infernape
Kingdra
Lapras
Liepard
Lopunny (Mega)
Lucario (Mega)
Mamoswine
Manectric (Mega)
Marowak
Pachirisu
Pinsir (Mega)
Staraptor
Swampert (Mega)
Thundurus (Therian)
Weavile
Whimsicott
Venusaur

_

D Rank

Reserved for Pokemon that are gimmicky and may have some strategy that will succeed a very small percentage of the time. These Pokemon have a smaller role but are outclassed and require more support than is practical many times. They can throw the opponent off guard sometimes, but they are prepared for by just preparing for other larger threats.

Aromatisse
Audino (Mega)
Beedrill (Mega)
Blastoise
Blaziken
Blaziken (Mega)
Chansey
Doublade
Dusclops
Garchomp (Mega)
Gastrodon
Medicham (Mega)
Meowstic (Male)
Pidgeot (Mega)
Pyroar
Sableye
Sceptile (Mega)
Sharpedo
Sharpedo (Mega)
Slowbro (Mega)
Vivillon
Yanmega

_

E Rank

Don't even bother unless you just want to have fun and you have a favorite Pokemon here. In other words, there is next to no chance this thing will carry its weight.

Meowstic (Female)

_

Notes
_

Please be sensible and constructive.

Usage statistics may be used to support an argument or a claim, but don't base your entire argument around them. For example, you can say, "Landorus Therian shouldn't be in S because so many teams now carry counters that Lando is no longer that viable!"

A recommended structure would be: "I think Pokemon X should be moved from A rank to B rank because of this reason."

You are encouraged also to suggest new Pokemon.

(Yay! All the pictures are up.)

_

Last edited by a moderator:
From the get-go, I'd drop Suicune + Dusclops and rise Charizard Y, Megamence, Mega Mawile and Bisharp. Vivillon should also rise to at least C to, as it got Tailwind in ORAS and therefore an actual niche as a tailwind user with access to one of the fastest reliable sleeps in the game.

Last edited:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Bisharp to S or at least A+. Knock off helped it immensly and it's great at taking advantage of intimidates (and icy wind/electroweb) and applying pressure. Unlike other things that take advantage of intimidate (like milotic), it has strong priority. It's also pretty great at handling Sylveon, at least non-scarfed variants.

Also nominating sylveon to S. Easily one of the most important things to have at least one or two counters for. Specs hyper voice just hits so ridiculously hard and also counters the common hydreigon well.

Suicune to A or even B. Why is it S? It's good speed control, sure, and it's a great bulky water when you don't want milotic, but I don't think it's anywhere near as centralising as mega kanga or lando-t are.

Also suggesting cress to A. It's still a great trick room setter and supporter but all of the powerful attacks and dark/ghost being better offensive types definitely hurt it. It's not as great as it was in gen 5.

Dusclops to E pls. It doesn't have Helping Hand any more which really reduces its effectiveness. Now it just sits there, throws out a few will-o-wisps, and accomplishes fuckall.

Please explain mega sceptile?

Last edited:
I feel like Bisharp is too easily demolished on any team that is decently fast (or decently slow under Trick Room). It only really handles Sylveon. Even after gaining +1 after Intimidate, it doesn't do a good job of taking things down. I think it is only in the case that Bisharp leads into an Intimidate user that it's good.

I've just never had any problems ever dealing with Bisharp.

Mega Sceptile can't take a hit at all. I've never seen it being used viably. Any Scarfer can take it down quite easily, and Grass-type moves are pretty easy to wall. For example, a Mega Venusaur can simultaneously take a Discharge and a Leaf Storm or Dragon Pulse and destroy Mega Sceptile. Rain teams running Ice Beam destroy Sceptile. Tail Wind, Trick Room users destroy Sceptile. Sucker Punch destroys Sceptile after chip damage. Hyper Voice Sylveon destroys Sceptile. It is also extremely hard to set up a Lightningrod on Sceptile. A Fake Out would ruin Sceptile's chances of getting a Lightningrod boost. A Discharge would usually do the trick, but Discharge honestly doesn't hit hard enough.

Admittedly though, Sceptile was put in E rank as a joke. It is probably worth a D rank.

It only really handles Sylveon. Even after gaining +1 after Intimidate, it doesn't do a good job of taking things down.

I've just never had any problems ever dealing with Bisharp.
I really don't think you're fit for handling a thread like this.

edit:
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def (not even a common set) Cresselia: 218-260 (96 - 114.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 142-169 (78.4 - 93.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 156-185 (95.1 - 112.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 232 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 113-134 (55.3 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 187-222 (121.4 - 144.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Aegislash-Shield: 164-195 (98.2 - 116.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 153-183 (69.2 - 82.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 156 HP / 132 Def Mega Charizard Y: 149-177 (86.1 - 102.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 12 HP / 4 Def Garchomp: 148-175 (80 - 94.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 165-195 (83.3 - 98.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Metagross: 203-242 (108.5 - 129.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Milotic: 208-247 (102.9 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Raikou: 179-212 (105.9 - 125.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 68 Def Rotom-H: 153-181 (97.4 - 115.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 196 HP / 0 Def Rotom-H: 134-160 (89.3 - 106.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Salamence: 113-134 (66.4 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 268-320 (132.6 - 158.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 84 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 187-222 (114 - 135.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 52 Def Togekiss: 187-221 (97.3 - 115.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 220 HP / 196 Def Mega Venusaur: 101-121 (55.1 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 204 HP / 64+ Def Zapdos: 168-199 (87.9 - 104.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

Nothing from S-A rank is safe from a 2hko after +1, how does it not "do a good job of taking things down"? I'm not saying this thing should be S, but it's clearly A rank at least.

& "i've never had a problem with this" is quite possibly the shittiest thing you could possibly say in a viability ranking thread.

Last edited:
Honestly, Bisharp should seriously go up to S rank or at least, A+ Rank. Intimidate is such a popular ability and one of the most used ability in VGC and Bisharp is one of the best mons' that takes advantage of this because of Defiant. Being able to threaten out Intimidate Users is really game-changing during team-preview because it kind of forces the opposing player to think about if they really want to bring their "Landorus-T", one of the most used mons' of Intimidate, or other Intimidate Users. Fairy types are also really good and Bisharp is really good at checking most of them. It's also one of those mons' you can just slap on a team if you're weak to a Fairy-types or vulnerable to Intimidate.

tl;dr - Bisharp has the ability to dish out immense damage, threaten Intimidate Users, get rid of Pokemon item's, and has priority makes a real fantastic mon'. It's also a great fairy check.

Okay, here are my opinions on the rankings. Bolded Pokemon are moves from their original position, and an asterisk means that it's in multiple rankings as I don't really know which one it fits in.

S Rank
Reserved for Pokemon that perform well on any team, regardless of the opponent's team. Your team will almost always be better if you use one of these Pokemon. You should bring them to almost every match, unless the opponent's team is completely countering them.

Bisharp*
Charizard (Mega Y)
Cresselia*
Kangaskhan (Mega)
Landorus (Therian)
Mawile (Mega)*
Salamence (Mega)
Thundurus
Sylveon*

_

A Rank

Reserved for Pokemon that perform well on most teams. They can be team countered more easily than the Pokemon in S rank, but still provide crucial support or offensive presence that other Pokemon cannot. You should bring them to most every match, unless the opponent is over prepared.

Aegislash
Amoonguss
Bisharp*
Cresselia*
Garchomp*
Gengar
Heatran
Hitmontop*
Lucario (Mega)*
Mawile (Mega)*
Metagross (Mega)
Raikou
Rotom (Wash)
Salamence
Sylveon*
Talonflame
Terrakion*
Togekiss
Venusaur (Mega)
Zapdos

_

B Rank

Reserved for Pokemon that perform well on many different teams. These Pokemon are best served as "glue" Pokemon, where they either are supported by other Pokemon or support specific teammates. They are easier for an opponent to handle by using more highly ranked Pokemon, but are still good choices to bring in most situations.

I would like to add that Pokemon in this tier generally have great disadvantages alongside their advantages. For example, have great offensive presence but not the speed to well utilize that presence.

Aerodactyl
Azumarill
Breloom
Charizard (Mega X)
Conkeldurr
Ferrothorn
Garchomp*
Gallade (Mega)
Gardevoir*
Gardevoir (Mega)
Gengar (Mega)
Greninja
Gothitelle
Gyarados
Hariyama
Hitmontop*
Hydreigon
Latios
Lucario (Mega)*
Ludicolo
Milotic
Politoed
Raichu
Rotom (Heat)
Rotom (Mow)
Scizor
Scizor (Mega)
Scrafty
Smeargle
Suicune
Terrakion*
Thundurus (Therian)
Tyranitar
Tyranitar (Mega)
Volcarona

_

C Rank

Reserved for Pokemon that can be effective given a certain situation but otherwise will fall behind compared to higher ranked Pokemon. These Pokemon work well if you can execute your own strategy, but sometimes lose momentum for your team if your opponent has good answers to them. These would be considered "tech" options, where you add them as the 4th, 5th or 6th option on a team and bring them to some matches.

Abomasnow
Blastoise (Mega)
Camerupt (Mega)
Chandelure
Excadrill
Goodra
Gardevoir*
Heracross (Mega)
Kingdra
Lapras
Liepard
Lopunny (Mega)
Mamoswine
Manectric (Mega)
Pachirisu
Pinsir (Mega)
Staraptor
Swampert (Mega)
Thundurus (Therian)
Weavile
Whimsicott
Venusaur
Vivillon

_

D Rank

Reserved for Pokemon that are gimmicky and may have some strategy that will succeed a very small percentage of the time. These Pokemon have a smaller role but are outclassed and require more support than is practical many times. They can throw the opponent off guard sometimes, but they are prepared for by just preparing for other larger threats.

Audino (Mega)
Beedrill (Mega)
Blaziken
Blaziken (Mega)
Doublade
Dusclops
Garchomp (Mega)
Medicham (Mega)
Meowstic-M
Pidgeot (Mega)
Pyroar
Sableye
Sharpedo (Mega)
Slowbro (Mega)
Yanmega

_

E Rank

Don't even bother unless you just want to have fun and you have a favorite Pokemon here. In other words, there is next to no chance this thing will carry its weight.

(should be reserved for popular but bad things)

My thoughts:

Bisharp for A: This thing is infesting the Battle Spot for a good reason. It almost always has something to smash in the face, and dependent on its teammate, it does that even better. It "could" just be me, though, but I say Bisharp's a pretty strong pokemon this VGC season.

Charizard X for anything lower than B: It's really a waste of a slot. Once again, it's the surprise factor that carries it. Only this time, this meta is even harder to set up in. An opponent leading with a Kanga + Sylveon lead is a great way to eat 50%+ or even 100% out-right in a turn. Unless someone here has the golden strat kept from the masses, I'ma say Char X is C or lower. Unlike last year, he won't have a decent time trying to set up.

Mega Scizor for anything lower than B: I haven't even seen a Mega Scizor in so long. What's the justification for it over a Lum/LO/Band and a better mega option, again?

Mega Venusaur for B, if not C: Char Y, Salamence, Gardevoir, and Mawile ruin this thing's day, every day. Day in, and day out. I haven't seen one of these around since I started battling this season either. Since S and A rank are supposed to be for the best mons, you'd expect Mega Venu to be around a decent bit of the time, but that's not the case. What is the case is that many other mega evolutions win a 1v1 scenario vs. Mega Venu, and then you have to add things like Talonflame and Cresselia to the mix to make things worse. I'm not saying it's bad, but I am saying that, unlike Bisharp, Mega Venu has serious issues with no real redeeming qualities when fighting against this meta's MVPs, save Sylveon and..."maybe" Togekiss if it doesn't flinch too many times or it just out-speeds out-right.

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion
Seconding Bisharp for A: B is just wayyy too low for that thing lol. It's great against intimidate leads and it's a great check to Aegislash/Sylveon/Togekiss/Cresselia

Probably gonna get a lot of hate for this one but Milotic for B: This thing is just way too weak unless it's life orbed/specsed and it pretty much needs the +2 boost from Competitive to even threaten things that aren't X4 weak to Ice moves. It also gets walled way too easily by bulky water types like Rotom/Politoed/AV Ludi and it can even be walled by Mega Venusaur. It's pretty nice to threaten intimidate leads like Landorus and Salamence but other than that this thing is pretty meh

EDIT: Didn't read that this threat wasn't official rip, oh well lol

Changes:

Bisharp from B to A
Dusclops from B to D
Mawile (Mega) from B to A
Audino (Mega) added to D
Hitmontop added to B
Entei added to B

Proposed and awaiting further discussion:

Scizor (Mega) from B to C
Sylveon from A to S
Suicune from S to A

Last edited:
Suicune should not be in S. It probably would fit best in B.
It's a bulky water type with speed control and really meh offensive presence. S rank is "Your team will almost always be better if you use one of these Pokemon. You should bring them to almost every match, unless the opponent's team is completely countering them" according to the caption on the thread. How does suicune deserve this?

Also suggesting sylveon to S, M-Manectric to B, Raikou to B, Gyarados to A, Rotom-H for B, Ttar to A, and I guess ZardX to C and M-Scizor to C and M-Venu to B.

S Rank

Sylveon fits this list perfectly. Every team needs atleast one or two counters and I heard many people who needed to create a whole new team because its sylveon weak. Pixilate HyperVoice is just to good. Insane powerfull spread, amazing typing and decent bulk and even acces tonsupport moves like helping hand. There is a reason everybody is using it!

Add Arcanine to B, please. You can run this for the time being, but lucariojr and I might edit the OP, or lock and make a new thread when one of us has more time. Looks great though! Thanks for making the thread mate :)

I support Arcanine set at B. That thing's a powerful option, just not too stronk, ya know? Gets shut down by the top-tier stuff, but it can do some handy work itself unless it's being countered out-right.

Also...

Amoonguss for B: That thing is not that powerful. Never was. It's useful and annoying, but a lot of dudes can rip Amoonguss up before it causes a problem. To say it's an A-tier threat is too much. It's good, but to think that it's one of my main priorities is an overstatement. Amoonguss usually gets covered by covering real threats, anyhow.

Char Y to remain A: He's not as good as he was last time around. Majority of S-tier threats beat this thing hard. Mega Mence doesn't even need a super-effective hit to OHKO it unless the Charizard is heavily invested in defense. It's always gonna be a good poke, but there's always other pokes that literally force it from play unless you have balls of Steel-type.

Sylveon for S: Yea, this thing's way strong. You don't wanna be the guy locked down without an answer because you have too many special attackers and a Sylveon's screaming at your crew. It also has a number of ways to be used, so there's a number of different roles for it to play. All due to Pixilate. It's a top-tier threat and if you aren't ready, you're...dead...y. >_>

Important decision: Do we take the time to make subrankings, i.e. A+, A, A-, B+, etc.? It'll be more work, but it'll help underline the gap between pokemon in the same ranking (i.e. CharY and Zapdos are not on the same level,why should we make it seem to be so?)

I think Infernape should at least be ranked somewhere.

It has access to...
+ one of the fastest Fake Out in the game
+ Feint, Helping Hand, Quick Guard, Taunt, Will-O-Wisp to support it's teammates
+ Encore to punish opposing support moves and Protect
+ awesome mixed offensive coverage
+ a one-time nuke in the form of Focus Sash + Blaze Overheat
+ STAB Iron Fist Mach Punch for priority
+ STAB (possibly Blaze boosted) Heat Wave for spread damage

- it is pretty frail and weak to priority and all forms of speed control
- CRESSELIA is everywhere

Last edited:
Amoonguss for B: That thing is not that powerful. Never was. It's useful and annoying, but a lot of dudes can rip Amoonguss up before it causes a problem. To say it's an A-tier threat is too much. It's good, but to think that it's one of my main priorities is an overstatement. Amoonguss usually gets covered by covering real threats, anyhow.
I don't agree with Amoonguss for B. I think A is fine for it. Amoonguss is easily the best redirector in the format and redirection is fantastic for almost any team. Sleep support is also a great bonus. Amoonguss obviously isn't powerful but it really doesn't need to be. The support it can provide for teams is great. It also makes beating trick room easier for teams with a lot of fast pokemon.

Could someone explain to me why Mega Sceptile is so extremely low? Is it just because Specsveon is so common?

Charizard (Mega Y) from A to S: Sure
Charizard (Mega X) from B to C: Sure
Venusaur (Mega) from A to B: Sure
Scizor (Mega) from B to C: No way
Sylveon from A to S: It's good, so I see it in high A-S range(Yes I spam it)
Suicune from S to A: Love Suicune, but no way in hell. Nominating for low B-high C
Not really sure yet but I am thinking about a possible move to S rank for Aegislash

Edit: I also second the move for Cresselia from S to A

Important decision: Do we take the time to make subrankings, i.e. A+, A, A-, B+, etc.? It'll be more work, but it'll help underline the gap between pokemon in the same ranking (i.e. CharY and Zapdos are not on the same level,why should we make it seem to be so?)
There weren't such rankings in the official VGC 2014 viability rankings. (Probably because there weren't that many Pokemon in VGC 2014.) If enough people support this idea, then we can make it work.

Rotom-H for B
I think Rotom Heat should stay in A. In this generation it's gotten better due to the prevalence of Thundurus. That is, Rotom Wash takes around 50% from a neutral Thunderbolt but Rotom Heat resists Electric. Rotom Heat provides just as nice a wall for Talonflame, Charizard, Heatran, and isn't weak to Venusaur (which, admittedly, has fallen in usage in 2015). With Charizard especially, Rotom Heat doesn't get KOed by a Solar Beam. Overheat on Rotom Wash is more reliable than Hydro Pump (being 90% accurate instead of 85%) and picks up the OHKO on Aegislash. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, it resists Sylveon's Hyper Voice, which can do some 70% on Rotom Wash.

I'm not saying Rotom Heat is absolutely better than Rotom Wash, but it definitely has traits that put it on the same level as Wash. If Rotom Heat should go to B, then so should Rotom Wash...

GiraGoomy

when you see a good meme
Terrakion for A Rank.

Rock/Fighting is an amazing typing and w/ it's speed stat it outspeeds and OHKO's a lot of threats. It also gets access to Quick Guard which is reliable for stopping Prankster, Fake Out, etc and is extremely versatile in the items it can run with some examples being Scarf, Life Orb and Focus Sash.

Definitely deserves A Rank imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)