A Quickstart Guide to ORAS Breeding/Training

I want to drop this here because it might help some people.

The couple that gives you the Destiny Knot is not a 100% chance, so save right before you fight them. Soft reset if they don't cough it up after you beat their Pokemon. I'm not sure if this is a factor, but specifically the woman gave it to me when I talked to her to initiate the battle. The guy did not give me the knot.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I want to drop this here because it might help some people.

The couple that gives you the Destiny Knot is not a 100% chance, so save right before you fight them. Soft reset if they don't cough it up after you beat their Pokemon. I'm not sure if this is a factor, but specifically the woman gave it to me when I talked to her to initiate the battle. The guy did not give me the knot.
The bolded part is not important. The guy gave me the knot.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I see you have a bit info on the EV training in this thread. I collected info from Nuggetbridge and Serebii and wrote my own EV training guide, do you want to add that to this thread, or should I make a seperate thread for it? Link to my guide can be found in my signature, currently in post 9 of my trade thread in Wi-Fi.

Hey. As you acn see I'm kind of a scrub to the meta and was looking for a Ditto or a set of them to IV breed. If anyone can, message me, reply, I don't quite understand how it works, but my FC is 4227-3249-2135 for OR. Thanks for the help.

Hey. As you acn see I'm kind of a scrub to the meta and was looking for a Ditto or a set of them to IV breed. If anyone can, message me, reply, I don't quite understand how it works, but my FC is 4227-3249-2135 for OR. Thanks for the help.
This isn't the place to ask that; what this place is for is information on breeding and Q&A rather than trading. What you'd be looking for is the Wi-fi section on the front page of the forums; you should be able to find someone to trade you one there. Welcome to Smogon :)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It should be noted in the OP that the Route 104 Speed training hordes are Zigzagoon / Wingull hordes in the south and Zigzagoon / Taillow hordes in the north. All offer Speed anyway but yeah.

Uh hi!, I don't normally post here, but I went and found percentages for another forums. Found this thread while I was looking for another source to confirm the data I got from Bulbapedia about passing down abilities. Anyway here are the percectages(of you getting your desired pokemon. After you have all else done) for when you have a 6IV pokemon and 5IV pokemon holding the destiny knot and everstone.

The percentages of 12.5/25/50/75/87.5/100 are for the gender ratio.

If breeding a Hidden Ability.

12.5% = 0.7422% of the time or 1 out of every 134.7368 eggs!

25% = 1.4844% of the time or 1 out of every 67.3684 eggs!

50% = 2.9688% of the time or 1 out of every 33.6842 eggs!

75% = 4.4531% of the time or 1 out of every 22.4561 eggs!

87.5% = 5.1953% of the time or 1 out of every 19.2481 eggs!

100% = 5.9375% of the time or 1 out of every 16.8421 eggs!

If breeding for a normal ability when the pokemon species has two normal abilities.

12.5% = 0.9896% of the time or 1 out of every 101.0526 eggs!

25% = 1.9792% of the time or 1 out of every 50.5263 eggs!

50% = 3.9583% of the time or 1 out of every 25.2632 eggs!

75% = 5.9375% of the time or 1 out of every 16.8421 eggs!

87.5% = 6.9271% of the time or 1 out of every 14.4361 eggs!

100% = 7.9167% of the time or 1 out of every 12.6316 eggs!

If breeding for a normal ability when the pokemon species only has one normal ability.

12.5% = 1.2370% of the time or 1 out of every 80.8421 eggs!

25% = 2.4740% of the time or 1 out of every 40.4211 eggs!

50% = 4.9479% of the time or 1 out of every 20.2105 eggs!

75% = 7.4219% of the time or 1 out of every 13.4737 eggs!

87.5% = 8.6589% of the time or 1 out of every 11.5489 eggs!

100% = 9.8958% of the time or 1 out of every 10.1053 eggs!

Just note that you could get extremely unlucky hatch 100 eggs and still not get the pokemon you are looking for with the best percentage chance which is 9.8958%.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It might be worth mentioning that if you don't mind gambling your Pokemiles away you have a chance to get breeding/evo items like Power Band, Destiny Knot, Evolution Stones, etc from the Pokemon Global Link mini games. It could save you quite a few battle points and time if you don't like spending time in the Maison.
Stellar - You might want to add the Pokemon Global Link minigame locations for the items listed in the OP. I found many of the items easier to get from the mini-games than from their normal locations in ORAS. Also, several key breeding items are not available ingame until after the Delta Episode is complete. While the PGL is available all the time.

A couple items to mention specifically:
If you are like me, and like to have more than one Destiny Knot on hand, the PGL Graffiti minigame is the way to go. A few hundred pokemiles and some mindless screenwiping will get you Destiny Knots in no time!

Being able to hook Feebas 100% of the time on Route 119 (under the bridge during the day, by the rock at night) is wonderful -- but evolving a Milotic by maxing Beauty is still a royal pain. Using a Prism Scale is much preferred, but unfortunately there are no Prism Scales in ORAS. Balloon Popping PGL minigame to the rescue!

For those of you willing to endure some really stupid online games for the sake of getting a useful item, here's a complete listing of all the items in the PGL minigames:

Graffiti Eraser

All levels
PP Max
PP Up
Rare Candy
Heart Scale

Level 1 - 100 miles
Destiny Knot
Power Bracer
Power Lens
Protein
Calcium
Muscle Wings
Genius Wings

Level 2 - 100 miles
Lucky Egg
Power Belt
Power Band
Iron
Zinc
Resist Wings
Clever Wings

Level 3 - 100 miles
Macho Brace
Power Weight
Power Anklet
HP Up
Carbos
Health Wings
Swift Wings

Balloon Popping

Level 1 - 100 miles
Metal Coat
Prism Scale
Up-Grade
Dubious Disc
Deep Sea Tooth
Deep Sea Scale
Shiny Stone
Dawn Stone
Fire Stone
Kelpsy Berries

Level 2 - 100 miles
King's Rock
Dragon Scale
Electirizer
Magmarizer
Sachet
Oval Stone
Sun Stone
Thunder Stone
Water Stone
Qualot Berries
Grepa Berries

Level 3 - 100 miles
Razor Claw
Razor Fang
Protector
Reaper Cloth
Whipped Dream
Everstone
Moon Stone
Dusk Stone
Leaf Stone
Pomeg Berries
Tamato Berries

Mine Cart Adventure

Level 1 - 1 ball - 20 miles
Level 2 - 5 balls - 100 miles
Level 3 - 10 balls - 200 miles

Master Ball (only 1 for all levels)
Net Ball
Dive Ball
Nest Ball
Repeat Ball
Timer Ball
Luxury Ball
Dusk Ball
Heal Ball
Quick Ball
Ultra Ball
Great Ball
Poké Ball

Uh hi!, I don't normally post here, but I went and found percentages for another forums. Found this thread while I was looking for another source to confirm the data I got from Bulbapedia about passing down abilities. Anyway here are the percectages(of you getting your desired pokemon. After you have all else done) for when you have a 6IV pokemon and 5IV pokemon holding the destiny knot and everstone.

The percentages of 12.5/25/50/75/87.5/100 are for the gender ratio.

If breeding a Hidden Ability.

12.5% = 0.7422% of the time or 1 out of every 134.7368 eggs!

25% = 1.4844% of the time or 1 out of every 67.3684 eggs!

50% = 2.9688% of the time or 1 out of every 33.6842 eggs!

75% = 4.4531% of the time or 1 out of every 22.4561 eggs!

87.5% = 5.1953% of the time or 1 out of every 19.2481 eggs!

100% = 5.9375% of the time or 1 out of every 16.8421 eggs!

If breeding for a normal ability when the pokemon species has two normal abilities.

12.5% = 0.9896% of the time or 1 out of every 101.0526 eggs!

25% = 1.9792% of the time or 1 out of every 50.5263 eggs!

50% = 3.9583% of the time or 1 out of every 25.2632 eggs!

75% = 5.9375% of the time or 1 out of every 16.8421 eggs!

87.5% = 6.9271% of the time or 1 out of every 14.4361 eggs!

100% = 7.9167% of the time or 1 out of every 12.6316 eggs!

If breeding for a normal ability when the pokemon species only has one normal ability.

12.5% = 1.2370% of the time or 1 out of every 80.8421 eggs!

25% = 2.4740% of the time or 1 out of every 40.4211 eggs!

50% = 4.9479% of the time or 1 out of every 20.2105 eggs!

75% = 7.4219% of the time or 1 out of every 13.4737 eggs!

87.5% = 8.6589% of the time or 1 out of every 11.5489 eggs!

100% = 9.8958% of the time or 1 out of every 10.1053 eggs!

Just note that you could get extremely unlucky hatch 100 eggs and still not get the pokemon you are looking for with the best percentage chance which is 9.8958%.
As I understand it, this is correct but not entirely clear. It's also not new information and is exactly why time machine breeding is a viable alternative, so breeding 100's of eggs is unnecessary. And hardly need for such a panicky post.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have the option to go out and buy AR for 3DS but I am determined to breed more legit pokemon. I actually have fun putting effort and time into raising my own. It beats laddering continuously against all levels of players.

I can get EV training out of the way in just 6 battles (god bless horde battles), so I don't mind putting effort into breeding competitive pokemon.

Nice read, learned several helpful tips ^_^

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just a small nitpick: Route 114 also works for SDef EVs in Alpha Sapphire (Lotad/Swablu).
That only works in Alpha Sapphire because you run into Seedot instead of Lotad on Omega Ruby (which gives Def instead of SpD), which doesn't make it as universally efficient as route 115 where only Swablu appears on both games (meaning it's not worth adding to the guide)

edit: I suck at reading

Last edited:
That only works in Alpha Sapphire because you run into Seedot instead of Lotad on Omega Ruby (which gives Def instead of SpD), which doesn't make it as universally efficient as route 119 where only Oddish appears on both games (meaning it's not worth adding to the guide)
I know it's AS only, but the reason I brought it up is that you don't need to Surf to reach the tall grass, which potentially frees up a team slot for more efficient EV training.

I know it's AS only, but the reason I brought it up is that you don't need to Surf to reach the tall grass, which potentially frees up a team slot for more efficient EV training.
You don't need Surf. You just need to go West from Fortree.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You guys are just confused: Route 115 (Swablu, SpD) requires Surf, while Route 119 (Oddish, SpA) does not.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
LOL whoops, I definitely meant Swablu but when I referred to the OP for some reason I only read 'special' and wrote Oddish. My point still stands, Swablu is more efficient in both games meaning there's no point making a mention of route 14

How is Route 115 more efficient on Alpha Sapphire when you're required to bring a Surfer along? Not requiring any HMs means you get an additional slot for EV training in case none of the Pokémon you're raising is able to learn Surf.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
So this is the breeding section so I need help.

I have a Male Snivy with HP fire with contray that is MODEST nature.

I want a snivy with TIMID contary and HP fire so how can I breed to get this?

Please Help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)