ORAS UU Teambuilding Compendium [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to suggest to add BirdCheck as role , i think it is an important role .
You could add for example : Mega-Ampharos , Raikou , Diancie , Mega-Aggron , Bronzor , Jirachi , Mega-Aerodactyl , Empoleon .

Century Express

melodies of life
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Some suggestions:

-
/
Suicune has a underrated, and a great function as a phazer, specially considering that he can win very much easier a CM War against another Suicune. And i would consider Empoleon in this function too, since he's a solid phazer against SubCM Chandelure, Suicune, and Slowking.
-
In the Other category of the Setup Sweepers, Krookodile is a great user of Bulk Up, since he can muscle through Crobat, Donphan, and specific walls like Umbreon.
-
Even with the ban of Alakazite, Alakazam is a pretty good user of Calm Mind, and with Magic Guard, he can't be worn down so easily against Toxic and Scalds for example, making him a solid win condition against more defensive teams.
-
Celebi can learn Sucker Punch, so he does not only use Swords Dance + Baton Pass, as he can defend himself against some specific threats, like Scarfrachi and Scarf Chandelure. So, he's a great addition on Priority Users IMO.

I suggest adding a section for weather users like tornadous, kingra, Mega Swampert, Seismetoad, tangrowth, Trevenant and mega houndoom

You are missing these Swords Dance users:
- Empoleon (it has priority and defiant come on dude.)
- Cobalion
- Beedrill(Mega)
- Tentacruel
- Ninjask
- Roserade
- Sceptile(Mega)
- Combusken
- Gligar
- Meganium
- Kingler(crawdaunt v0.5)
- Marowak(1000 attack @ +2.. i mean its quite simple)
- Qwilfish(SWIFT SWIM AND +2 TOO EASY)
- Zoroark

Seems you're missing quite a few of top tier UU threats just in this one category, I'd really appreciate if this compendium wasnt half assed. sigh...
The thing is, most of these Pokemon are either completely outclassed or the set never exists; that is, the Pokemon is way better off doing something else. For instance, what moves does Tentacruel get that get boosted by Swords Dance? Try to name three. Rapid Spin and Giga Impact don't count.

jellicent should be added as a physical and in turn a mixed wall as resisting fire and being immune to fighting is great in this tier

snorlax should be added under other as a curse sweeper, as well as possibly an offensive/defensive picot

honchkrow is a great wall/stallbreaker

jirachi is a good special wall with support moves wish rocks twave uturn healing wish etc.. and can be a good defensive pivot in turn

mega pidgeot can be added as a work up set up sweeper

calm mind users like cresselia reuniclus and sigilyph jirachi slowking and alakazam can be added to bulky water checks because of suicune as thats probably the number one thing you think of when you think you need a water check. machamp can be added as well cause guts champ punishes things with scald like cune and vap

durant is a hone claws sweeper not an sd sweeper

shedinja is a cool sd user

gallade could probably be added as an sd band and scarf user, as well as an offensive pivot

lanturn is a potentially viable mon and could be added as a fire check , flying check, volt switch check, heal bell user, defensive pivot, water check, and maybe an offensive pivot with specs

mismagius can be added as a nasty plot/calm mind sweeper, wall/stallbreaker, and heal bell user

kyurem can be a water check with access to dragon tail as well as haxorus with sd/dd

whimsicott is a somewhat offensive pivot

also as for other potential categories, a category for rain could be nice with stuff like ludicolo kingdra kabutops omastar and tornadus

Just a few more suggestions:

upload_2015-1-9_20-13-18.png
Doublade is a great Flying check thanks to eviolite and its steel typing.
upload_2015-1-9_20-12-34.png
Gastrodon should be included in Volt Switch ins and Fire Checks cause of its water/ground typing giving it immunity to VS and resisting Fire moves.
upload_2015-1-9_20-27-42.png
Sheddy typically runs Shadow Sneak, giving it a spot on Priority Users
Should be added to Fire Check. Same reason as Gastro

To everyone replying about the SD and CM list, I'm pretty sure there was a missing /s that was overlooked. No sane person who doesn't want to sandbag uses Tentacruel. Some on the list are semi-viable as passers, but lets be honest the post is supposed to be a joke.

calm mind users like cresselia reuniclus and sigilyph jirachi slowking and alakazam can be added to bulky water checks because of suicune as thats probably the number one thing you think of when you think you need a water check.
kyurem can be a water check with access to dragon tail as well as haxorus with sd/dd
Being able to check suicune dont mean that you're a water check , i dont think cresselia reuniclus sigilyph jirachi and alakazam enjoy being hit by M-Blastoise using Scald for example . Same for haxorus , u dont ever want to be hit by Scald with your Haxorus even if you run Lum Berry on it .

warzoid

I have several gelatinous friends
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I've got a bunch of suggestions here. A few of these may be pushing the limits of viablility, but I've included them since this list is more for possible roles rather than viable roles. Some of these have already been mentioned, but I agree with the suggestions so I'll restate them.

Toxic Spikes: Forretress
Hazard Control: Mega Aerodactyl
Wish/Healing Wish: Mega Audino
Heal Bell/Aromatherapy: Diancie, Mega Audino
Walls:
Mixed: Mega Audino (it could probably fit in any wall category to be honest)
Pivots:
Defensive: Vaporeon
Fire Checks: Snorlax, Slowking
Dark Checks/Knock Off Switch-ins: Mega Audino
Water Checks: Cacturne, Serperior, Amoonguss
Volt Switch-ins: Flygon, Gastrodon
Stallbreakers/Wallbreakers: Reuniclus, Sigilyph, Krookodile (does Taunt Krookodile count as a stallbreaker?)
Choice Users:
Scarf: Azelf, Shaymin
Band: Machamp, Stoutland, Pangoro, Escavalier, Arcanine
Specs: Exploud, Magneton, Espeon
Setup Sweepers:
Swords Dance: Shedinja
Calm Mind: Mega Audino, Cofagrigus
Nasty Plot: Azelf
Dragon Dance: Scrafty
Shell Smash: Gorebyss
Bulk Up: Scrafty
Curse: Snorlax, Quagsire, Mega Steelix, Umbreon
Focus Energy: Kingdra (Critda's a setup sweeper, right?)
Phazers: Empoleon, Suicune, Mega Steelix, Milotic, Goodra, Dragalge (Dragon Tail is phazing too)
Priority Users: Donphan, Spiritomb

-Blastoise(Obviously Mega) to Phazers Roar Mega Toise always a pretty viable choice as shown by the SPL I totaly forgot the name
-Rhyperior to Band Users and Maaybe Other Sweepwe via Rock Polish
-Zoroark on SD Sweeping Session
-Baton Pass Section Maybe with Celebi,Gorebyss and Combusken

-Blastoise(Obviously Mega) to Phazers Roar Mega Toise always a pretty viable choice as shown by the SPL I totaly forgot the name
-Rhyperior to Band Users and Maaybe Other Sweepwe via Rock Polish
-Zoroark on SD Sweeping Session
-Baton Pass Section Maybe with Celebi,Gorebyss and Combusken
I do agree with a Baton Pass section, but I think Huntail should be mentioned over Gorebyss due to the addition of Sucker Punch in its movepool allowing it to combat Trick Scarf users.

Qwilfish really should be on the Fire and Fighting Checks portion, along with Cofagrigus in the T-Spikes list. I'm really confused as to how M-Aggron is a Dark check though. Great list though, should be super helpful for new UU players.
Mega Aggron has that great defense and it doesn't get its item knocked off, so the move doesn't get that boost. At that point it's just a 70 base power physical move, and in most cases isn't even STAB. It can also take whatever physical move the user wants to hit it with, and hit it back hard. Megas should not be counted out as knock off checks unless it's frail af or weak to it.

I've been checking out this thread for a while, but where is a section for Support?
Moves like Tailwind and Memento can help teammates, no?
Tailwind can help to double the teammates' speed, and Memento can help to offer your teammates free switch-ins, just like Healing Wish.

Memento users: Weezing, Spritomb, Whimsicott, Dugtrio
Tailwind users: Mega Pidgeot, Xatu, Suicune, Whimsicott, Tornadus, Noivern, Aerodactyl, Crobat

I'm using aromatherapy Slurpuff with 3 attacks, don't know if it's viable or it's just me using it. I'll leave it here

[EDIT] Is Belly Drum the only set Slurpuff has viable? I think it might enters well to knock off too (Dark checks).

[EDIT 2] Set erased. Sorry I don't know where to post it :/

Last edited:
this thread isnt for your sets. if youre suggesting aromatherapy slurpuff then just do that but theres no need to post up full sets unless asked for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)