Awesome Games Done Quick 2015 Jan 4th-10th

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick
Schedule: https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule
Donate: https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/donate/12
Donation Incentives: https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/12
Special Humble Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/

This is a general thread for this amazing speedrun livestream. Discuss the stream in progress, or hear what were the top ones so far, what ones you got to see.

We are stating off strong with DKTF, and while I've seen SpikeVegeta run this a while back, what a change since release period wow. I want to play this game all over again.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Tropical Freeze is one of the best games I've played in years, and this run is the best speedrun I've seen since last year's Yoshi's Island. Today is going to be a good day for speedruns.

It seems they learned from last year and put FE at the end of the day, even with the healthy gap between the WR and expected time.

I agree with the sentiment that DK was probably the best run so far? Good start.

I was disappointed with TAS-bot segment - for some reason I remember last year's with more amazement, but I felt really bored by it this year. The MK64 was a really neat idea but the track kinda normalized itself after a lap or two, which was sad.

There's a bunch of good runs coming, and there's going to be a lot of things that are going to be great runs that I just don't know much about, so obviously I'll keep watching. Hoping for a bit more interest, they seem to have some questionable speed games (the MK Wii was bleh)

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Well did they show an actual TAS run last year, before the reprogramming bit? It was neat then, but basically doing the same thing again (and failing) really didn't show off what TASing is or why it'd be at a speedrun event. They should have had an actual run or two, then end with Pokemon plays Twitch.

Gonna post to say the They Bleed Pixels run was the type of experience I really enjoy as a spectator - the conversation/reactions between the devs/commentator/streamer were nice, the game was an interesting speed game with mechanics that I could understand as a first time watcher, and it was the perfect length for how much depth the game had.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was hoping there would be more than GTA game, and I was hoping Adam_AK would do Vice City 100% rather than Any%. Any% has been no fun to watch since mission duping.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
They barely read donation comments at all during the Donkey race. :( We needed way more troll donation comments about Claude/FFT.

Lyto

Experience Tranquility
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looking forward to Spyro, Metroid Prime, Yoshi's Island and Super Mario Sunshine, some good runs I've seen so far were Tropical Freeze, VVVVV and I wanna be the boshy, missed SA2B though :(
As for Mario Kart Wii, I feel incredibly sorry for Wrath (the runner) who now has to put up with a LOT of hate from the mk community after his run, which tbh is kinda understandable when the representative of a relatively small community fails a glitch ten or so times and comes 11th vs CPUs, in front of 100,000 people...
Aside from that though, it's been pretty good and I'm looking forward to the rest of AGDQ!

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
The Super Mario Bros. 3 run was my favorite so far, though I haven't been watching very much so far since a lot of the stuff I am interested in watching hasn't started yet. Definitely looking forward to the Mega Man block tonight, and later on Bomberman 64, Metroid Prime, Halo 2, and Kingdom Hearts to name a few.

I'm really excited to actually see this live because I didn't know it existed last year. Minish Cap is my favorite zelda game and one of my favorite video games in general! Also love how you can fight cancer while watching things so entertaining.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
WOW

Seeing the secret pattern made on tetris was insane. I never knew tetris was so hardcore.

Also, HOLY FUCK that blind credit roll. MM rating, second-possible highest. In order to get grand master he has to do that 4 times in a row??? wow

Last edited:

Lyto

Experience Tranquility
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Honestly I didn't expect to enjoy Tetris but that was one of the most impressive things I have seen in a long time, and the guy's reaction was incredible

SotN is about to happen and will probably be as hype as it always is. Also I'm really curious about the animal crossing run strats

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Sadly mediocre commentary on Spyro/Crash. Crash 2 is a game where every character is named after their irl animal, but apparently Ripper Roo is "some kind of jackrabbit".

That's actually less correct than calling Tiny Tiger some kind of dog.

Last edited:

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
I was very skeptical because I don't really like the game, but the KH2 run was the best speedrun I've ever seen. Esp for it's length. Watching it glues you to your seat. Watch it if you haven't.

I was very skeptical because I don't really like the game, but the KH2 run was the best speedrun I've ever seen. Esp for it's length. Watching it glues you to your seat. Watch it if you haven't.
I was probably a little less than two hours into this run when I got too tired to keep going, but man was this run entertaining. So many little execution things in this game.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
BLINDFOLDED ZELDA

Also, press 1 if you feel bad for the guy who died on phantoon

Also also ill have to watch kh2 tomorrow or sometime, i really needed sleep after sunshine which was impressive in its own right

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I haven't watched oot 100% in a while but have they always wrong warped to ganon's castle for bombchus in the beginning?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)