The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ravens got all the BS PI calls and still fkn lost

Good riddance Jumpball Joe, Can't be The Best PLayoff QB ever when hes got actual weapons.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm actually not going to pile on here and bash Flacco. Yeah he made a couple mistakes but for most of the game he played his role perfectly. Major props also go to Baltimore's offensive line for playing almost flawlessly two weeks in a row.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Gonna have to agree with WaterBomb here, Flacco for the most part played an excellent game; it was just a couple of boneheaded plays at inopportune moments that sealed the deal, and that's all anyone's going to remember. In some circles, this is known as the Tony Romo Effect.

Also, go Panthers.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Can someone please find me a new avatar? The last two minutes by us was some bush league bullshit that ruined an otherwise amazing game

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
The Ravens got all the BS PI calls and still fkn lost

Good riddance Jumpball Joe, Can't be The Best PLayoff QB ever when hes got actual weapons.
Are you fucking kidding me? We got one all game. And there was a holding call in the endzone missed on Revis if we want to get technical.

There's such a thing as being a gracious winner, but you're just a straight up dick lol.

That was an amazing game tho, best pats playoff game i've seen in years.

Flacco and Brady were great today, Flacco just gambled one time to many.

Stallion

Tree Young
Brady was just too good. His release time is just far too quick for our soft, saggy coverage. We needed to play press to give our pass rush an actual chance to hit home

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
There's such a thing as being a gracious winner, but you're just a straight up dick lol.
Do you want to go back and read your own goddamn posts from the last page? Jesus H Christ...

Owen Daniels and Justin Forsett making big boy plays like I expected, Steve Smith won at crucial points in the Revis matchup which is not what I expected, but the Patriots offense stepped up huge with both trick plays and also brilliant fast releases to neutralize the pass rush of the Ravens.

Fucking great game though.

Also, statline of the game... Patriots rushed 14 times for 13 yards. Their leading rusher had 7 yards on 3 carries.

Stallion

Tree Young
Do you want to go back and read your own goddamn posts from the last page? Jesus H Christ...

Owen Daniels and Justin Forsett making big boy plays like I expected, Steve Smith won at crucial points in the Revis matchup which is not what I expected, but the Patriots offense stepped up huge with both trick plays and also brilliant fast releases to neutralize the pass rush of the Ravens.

Fucking great game though.
The way I see it is that during the game I let my emotions run wild but after a game I'm gracious even in victory. Check out the 2012 playoffs if proof is needed. Off my head the only time I've rubbed it in after a win is with the Steelers.

On the topic of that trick play, even I had to just sit back and applaud it. Amazing play call.

Brady threw some pretty bad passes behind/underthrowing Edelman and Gronk. Baltimore's Oline was awesome though, not too many pressures and no sacks all game.
Flacco had more receivers open in the first half, easily. That whole opening drive had the Smiths on display in between zones for big yardage pickups. Flacco's pass to Daniels right before the half was a great back shoulder throw though. Brady to LaFell or Edelman to Amendola were still my favorite plays of the game. Maybe the Brady rush too

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
That was a very good game, in the end we just weren't good enough with depleted secondary to guard those quick hitters that the Patriots switched to in the second half after we got decent pressure on Brady in the first.

Flacco with two pretty bat INTs, gotta look off the safety =[ pretty frustrating and killed our hopes but honestly in the scope of this season the Ravens did freakin amazing to make the playoffs and play the Patriots this closely considering how bad we were at certain points in the regular season.

gg Pats, but f*ck you

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hard to be mad too about that loss, shame the Ravens couldn't hold the lead but if any team was gonna pull out a comeback win like that it probably was the Pats. Playoff Ravens as of late have played in some shootout-style games; it weirds me out that this is now a huge part of the Ravens' identity.

Is it wrong that I kinda want the Pats to win it all now to A) validate the Ravens loss & assuage any what-ifs and B) to feel rejuvenated justification in shaking my fist at the heavens upon invocation of the seemingly-flawless Patriots' name?

The way I see it is that during the game I let my emotions run wild but after a game I'm gracious even in victory. Check out the 2012 playoffs if proof is needed. Off my head the only time I've rubbed it in after a win is with the Steelers.

On the topic of that trick play, even I had to just sit back and applaud it. Amazing play call.

Fuck this game. The Ravens got screwed. That Revis no call on Smith SR was huge and like a lot of Pats games the ball just rolled in their favor with the almost fumbles. Having to rely on trick plays exposed an overrated team. Joe Flacco for life.

Hell of a game, I can't even be mad with the outcome because we were all treated to a great one.

Usually I'm pissed immediately after a loss, but I'm proud as fuck with the way the Ravens battled in the playoffs despite having as many players as they did on IR.

Bleh, I hate the Patriots win because it puts them in prime position for a Super Bowl berth since both Manning and Luck stink when playing at Gillete >.>

Seahawks/Patriots Super Bowl looking more and more like this year's game, the 2 teams I can't stand of the ones left. Hopefully an upset next week of both of them will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)