League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Lavos

Banned deucer.
get armor runes

alternatively play reksai the most broken ass bullshit champion in the league of fucking idiots

add me on NA server@ AKFG for some flame free games!!1

i think everyone's switched to flat or scaling health seals and nobody really uses armor seals anymore

you don't strictly need them to jungle, but if you're playing a jungler that has a hard time clearing then consider doing small camp -> buff -> small camp -> recall to get your enhanced smite, as buff to buff isn't a necessity anymore and is flat-out impossible for some junglers

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Are small camps just the non buff camps? Also ok ye I was only trying to do buff to buff and got super owned every time

yeah, just make sure you're starting gromp or krugs and smiting those since it's honestly a waste to smite red/blue in the early game

on a weaker jungler like eve, for example, you could go gromp (smite) -> blue -> wolves (smite) -> recall, buy your stalker's blade and a pot and then go red -> chickens (smite) -> gank

A little bit of theory crafting about armor seals. I don't like to copy the standard rune or mastery pages unless I fully understand pros and cons in more detail. If you are the same way, my hidden text may help you decide if armor seals are for you or not.

I still recommend mostly armor seals on junglers. It helps keep you healthier due to jungle monsters doing sustained damage and not burst damage where the HP seals usually would help in lane vs possible mixed damage. You get sustain from your jungle item which has better synergy better with armor.

Armor is still really good. It usually comes down to top or bot lane, your champion, your opponent, how aggressive or defensive you think you will play, if you use any amount of armor quints, and if the enemy laner uses ignite or not. I don't think scaling armor seals are as good as scaling hp seals due to the synergy hp has with scaling mr glyphs, how brutalizer and last whisper can nullify scaling armor seals early or later on, a number of decent defensive items (hourglass, frozen heart, abyssal scepter, Athene's, thornmail) do not give health, and because scaling hp and scaling armor makes your laning no different either way.

Mid laners usually go scaling health, flat HP if your early game is weaker or if you are a melee. Vs Zed seals of 5 flat health seals and 4 armor seals for him is really good due to his sustained poke and ignite. 9 HP or Armor Seals vs Zed would also be a solid choice. More armor could be redundant due to the seeker's rush. More HP is bad against Ruined King.

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
i think everyone's switched to flat or scaling health seals and nobody really uses armor seals anymore
Scaling surpasses flat HP seals at what, Level 5? Why the hell would anybody use flat HP seals?

Scaling defensive seals I will stand by my assertion that you may as well just use Gold seals. They actually scale similarly into mid- and lategame, as far as relative leveling speed (scaling stats) to game time (gold gain), and have the upside of being able to put that gold toward whatever stat you desire rather than being forced into the stat you chose pregame (HP in this case). The downside is they become useless at full build but that point of a game is very rarely reached. And as far as HP specifically, you still gain far more HP per level than you do Armor (or MR, if you gain any at all). Is Scaling HP even better than Flat Armor lategame, let alone scaling Armor?

Defensively, Flat Armor still has no real competition as far as I'm concerned. They're plainly still the best for jungling. Most every laner still enjoys them since minions deal physical damage, most junglers are physically inclined and AP casters don't have the mana or skill points to sit back and kill people with pure spell damage early on. Offensively though, with the killing of mana regen itemization for S5 I find (scaling) mana regen seals to be even more valuable to most casters.

Last edited:
armor is probably the best for junglers now that it's so punishing, but back during late S4 when the jungle was a breeze, lots of players were switching to scaling health after the buff

other than that, flat health is usually a waste of time - that was a mistake in my earlier post, mb. a lot of players use scaling health seals, though, or a mix of scaling health and armor

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Jungle you should just use flat Armor. Not only are many pros swapping to this but scaling leaves you dangerously close to death even with a 3 camp clear. This significantly hurts your chances to possibly react to a gank or even gank yourself.

Hell Amazing and co have swapped to using Attack Speed quints on Jarvan and actually Ive noticed it works nicely for me as well. Almost puts less pressure into obtaining Trailblazer (especially after Smite cd reduction is gone). I still take it though. Clearing camps starting with Krugs really benefits with the extra AS.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
my two irl league friends kept laughing at me for being too toxic to get a skin cos they both got theirs nearly imidiately and I hadn't gotten anything yet

who's toxic now goots

(also what'd yall get?)

Last edited:
Got Guerilla Tristana...

Meh can't complain maybe if I sell my account someone will like the concept of lesbian Tristana being mystery gifted on my account from based rito themselves and actually pay for all the stuff I have on the account but might as well sell because of how seldom I play this game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)