Programming UPDATE Nov 20th: Updated with Sun&Moon sprites and Z-Moves!. Showdown App for Android (beta)

I can play now, tanks :)

Wasn't it not on iOS YET because of lack of designers and developers.
It's because Android is used for more people, do you liked or not liked, and the programmers in this project no have any apple products. So they can't programming for IOS, because they can't be testing the app.

Last edited:
They look totally normal. What happen when you click on the switch button on the top left corner of the Pokemon popup dialog?
The text on some of the buttons is cut off.

The UI in general uses too much negative space. You guys should cut way way down on your padding. It's not a problem on my 1080p Note 3's screen. I wish I had a smaller device to test for you on.

Just a couple of bugs to report.
Screenshot_2015-01-12-23-24-39.png
Screenshot_2015-01-09-21-24-47.png
One opponent seemed to have 2 metagrosses (bottom photo) on his team but one was a rotom wash and it was watching a game instead of playing. The other was after pressing a move with blissey an eror popped up and the moves dissapered and couldnt press on anything. Attenpting to switch caused blissey to use the move and the match proceded as normal.

The option of change the trainer sprite, GB and GBC songs will'be awesome in this app, in the next updates.

Fantastic work guys, well done!

Had a couple of issues around display closing if idle for too long. If I lock a move and my opponent is thinking for a while, or if im just watching battles while i have a coffee or something.

At best its a minor annoyance having to unlock my screen again, but at worst ive had issues where my screen doesnt wake back up when touching it or hitting the home button - it even stops me turning off the phone to reset by holding the power button, i had to remove the battery.

Would it be possible to have the app prevent the screen from going to sleep like some other app games?

Fantastic work guys, well done!

Had a couple of issues around display closing if idle for too long. If I lock a move and my opponent is thinking for a while, or if im just watching battles while i have a coffee or something.

At best its a minor annoyance having to unlock my screen again, but at worst ive had issues where my screen doesnt wake back up when touching it or hitting the home button - it even stops me turning off the phone to reset by holding the power button, i had to remove the battery.

Would it be possible to have the app prevent the screen from going to sleep like some other app games?
It's a good idea, the app blocking to sleep mode when you're in a battle

I like the idea too (and its pretty easy to do). Gonna implement it for one of the next versions.

EDIT: It's implemented and should be in the next version.

Last edited:
I was making a team today. I started out just setting the species of each of my 6 pokemon and then went back and started putting in items and moves. I found that for some reason after inputting the first 3 pokemon's moves and items, the final 3 pokemon had strangely cloned the items and moves of the first 3, although their species was not changed. This didn't stop me from finishing the team, since I just went over the "cloned" information with no problem, but it's quirky.

I was making a team today. I started out just setting the species of each of my 6 pokemon and then went back and started putting in items and moves. I found that for some reason after inputting the first 3 pokemon's moves and items, the final 3 pokemon had strangely cloned the items and moves of the first 3, although their species was not changed. This didn't stop me from finishing the team, since I just went over the "cloned" information with no problem, but it's quirky.
Thanks for the report, i'll try to reproduce!

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Screenshot_2015-01-14-22-20-37.png
Screenshot_2015-01-14-22-20-48.png
This app is simply lovely (although being able to exit wud be nice w/out dc'ing)
I'm so happy it exists ;)

That said, there's an annoying glitch I found, posted above
Whenever I enter on careful, it comes out jolly and I can't change it :(
Not just on gliscor either, pretty sure on everything :/

Thanks for the report. I looked at the issue and I found the cause and I will try to fix it for the next version.
Btw: This bug only affects the dialog screens in the app. The stats should be right while battling.

EDIT: Done. Should be in the next version.

Last edited:
As expected, the app was removed from the Play Store. Thanks for all the reviews, I'll figure out a different distribution channel

Notice that this event is expected; therefore, I can attest that our Android team is still working on the app in our free time.

Last edited:

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gotta be quick, posting from phone. I am unable to choose a mon at the start of a battle. Using a Samsung note 3

Nvm read op more closelt. Any chance this will work for bigger screens soon?

Last edited:
As expected, the app was removed from the Play Store. Thanks for all the reviews, I'll figure out a different distribution channel

Notice that this event is expected; therefore, I can attest that our Android team is still working on the app in our free time.
It should really be a button on the main showdown site, or perhaps android devices could be redirected to a simple mobile site that has a link to download the android client and directions on installing .apks that aren't from the play store. If the second route is taken, I also suggest there be a direct option from this page that just spits the android player back into the desktop site for people who prefer to play the web client from their tablets/fast phones or whatever.

Fixed.

Will be up in the next version hopefully

Exporting a team to clipboard is not compliant to the current standard shared between sims. Specifically, pokemon with no gender are exported as having (N) gender. Other sims do not denote the genders of pokemon with no gender, so Mew (N) @ Item should be Mew @ Item with no gender notation, for example.

This will cause teams to not port over to the web client correctly if they contain pokemon with no gender; the pokemon species will be "N".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)