Battle Maison Discussion & Records

Edit: Just beat the super doubles Châtelain now. I used a not-cheap-at-all team of Mega Kangaskhan/Aron/Greninja/Gengar.

Even though abusing Aron won't teach me much, the other three together taught me a lot about synergy and backup strategies. I also learned a lot about minimising risk. That combined with the tips on Smogon really helped me reach Evelyn and beat her disappointingly easy rear, so thanks everyone.

Last edited:

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is this the place for noobs to ask for team advice when trying to reach the Chatelains? The RMT section of the site didn't seem to include Maison teams.
Yup, you're in the right spot. Definitely start by taking a look at the first post, since the leaderboard links to detailed writeups of all listed teams, which is a great starting place when trying to put together your own squad.

Hey Smogon community! I'm relatively new here but I wanted to share my Maison Super Singles experience and post about my streak which reached 92. (I am a little bummed out because I got unlucky twice AND misplayed in a way.) Anyway, without further ado, here's my team:

Galvantula (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball

Galvantula is a great Pokemon. I tried out many different Pokemon with many different roles for this position, but Galvantula gave me what I needed: support with Sticky Web, decent SpAtk with a powerful Electric-type move, and the ability to not be useless after support (Forretress and Memento Mismagius were okay but wasted a spot after doing what they needed to do). Usually I do Sticky Web on the first turn, but this can change if the opponent is a Roller Skater/Veteran (Flying-types, levitators, and power), or if the lead is a powerful Pokemon that can be 2HKOed/a fast Pokemon that can be OHKOed (Suicune and Aerodactyl are great examples). 91% accurate Thunder is great, Bug Buzz is a STAB option that cleans up Grass- or Psychic-types, and Energy Ball disposes of weaker Ground types, especially 4x weak Pokemon like Golem or Gastrodon.

Mawile (M) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate -> Huge Power
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch

Mawile is ridiculously powerful, reaching 344 Attack after Mega Evolution. Of course, Intimidate + M-Mawile's great bulk means it can survive and set up a Swords Dance, OHKOing most Pokemon. Though it only has 70 Speed (and only outspeeds Pokemon with <105 Speed after Sticky Web), a lot of super fast Pokemon aren't too threatening, and +2 Sucker Punch KOs a lot anyway. In fact, I used Sucker Punch more often than its STABs simply for priority against middle speed Pokemon that proved threatening. I usually set up Swords Dance against physical attackers, Pokemon that can't hit Mawile super effectively, Pokemon locked in Outrage, or boosters. Otherwise I go for an attack, usually Sucker Punch as it still KOs a lot of Pokemon without a boost thanks to Huge Power. Due to 90% accuracy, Play Rough is rarely used since Iron Head + Sucker Punch is usually a safer KO if neither move can one-shot the opponent.

Dragonite (F) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Stk / 252 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Dragonite is a great partner for Mawile, as both Pokemon resist each other's weaknesses (or are immune to, in the case of Dragon and Ground). Instead of Lum Berry like a lot of Dragonite I've noticed on this thread, I opted for Weakness Policy as it's great with Multiscale and a Dragonite with +3 Attack/+1 Speed is pretty much unbeatable. Dragon Dance is almost always used once, though it may be used twice or not at all depending on the situation. Outrage is a great killer move that OHKOs pretty much everything non-Fairy at even +1. Earthquake is there for coverage, taking care of Electric- or Fire-types if I don't want to be affected by Static or Flame Body. Waterfall may seem an odd choice, but it's there because it takes care of things like Rhyperior and is a great choice for some Pokemon if I don't want to risk being locked into Outrage. The flinch doesn't happen very often but it's there, and Waterfall ensures that Skarmory doesn't completely wall me. Plus, thanks to Sticky Web, Dragon Dance, and the near-absence of paralysis except by hax, Extreme Speed isn't necessary.

Battles of note:

97QW-WWWW-WWWV-WQ4E: My closest winning battle. Sandstorm broke Focus Sash and Multiscale, and Choice Scarf Garchomp almost killed me. Luckily, Outrage allowed Mawile to set up a Swords Dance and kill.

F8HW-WWWW-WWWV-WQ5B: Battle 93 which I lost. Everything was pretty unfortunate for me. I wanted to set up Dragon Dance because I thought it would be safe, then paralysis happened. I though I got lucky when Hurricane missed, but of course I was fully paralyzed that turn. Then I thought Swords Dance + Sucker Punch would kill but it didn't. I'm sad since I didn't reach 100, and even worse, the last Pokemon was a Dusknoir which Mawile could have easily taken down. But oh well, it was my fault, I guess I should've gone for the Earthquake right away.

So there you have it, my team and streak of 92. I'll definitely try this again, probably with a new team, and see where I get. See you guys! :)

Last edited:
Hey Smogon community! I'm relatively new here but I wanted to share my Maison Super Singles experience and post about my streak which reached 92. (I am a little bummed out because I got unlucky twice AND misplayed in a way.) Anyway, without further ado, here's my team:

Galvantula (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball

Galvantula is a great Pokemon. I tried out many different Pokemon with many different roles for this position, but Galvantula gave me what I needed: support with Sticky Web, decent SpAtk with a powerful Electric-type move, and the ability to not be useless after support (Forretress and Memento Mismagius were okay but waster a spot after doing what they need to do). Usually I do Sticky Web on the first turn, but this can change if the opponent is a Roller Skater/Veteran (Flying-types, levitators, and power), or if the lead is a powerful Pokemon that can be 2HKOed/a fast Pokemon that can be OHKOed (Suicune and Aerodactyl are great examples). 91% accurate Thunder is great, Bug Buzz is a STAB option that cleans up Grass- or Psychic-types, and Energy Ball disposes of weaked Ground types, especially 4x weak Pokemon like Golem or Gastrodon.

Mawile (M) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate -> Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch

Mawile is ridiculously powerful, reaching 344 Attack after Mega Evolution. Of course, Intimidate + M-Mawile's great bulk means it can survive and set up a Swords Dance, OHKOing most Pokemon. Though it only has 70 Speed (and only outspeeds Pokemon with <105 Speed after Sticky Web), a lot of super fast Pokemon aren't too threatening, and +2 Sucker Punch KOs a lot anyway. In fact, I used Sucker Punch more often than its STABs simply for priority against middle speed Pokemon that proved threatening. I usually set up Swords Dance against physical attackers, Pokemon that can't hit Mawile super effectively, Pokemon locked in Outrage, or boosters. Otherwise I go for an attack, usually Sucker Punch as it still KOs a lot of Pokemon without a boost thanks to Huge Power. Due to 90% accuracy, Play Rough is rarely used since Iron Head + Sucker Punch is usually a safer KO if neither move can one-shot the opponent.

Dragonite (F) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Stk / 252 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Dragonite is a great partner for Mawile, as both Pokemon resist each other's weaknesses (or are immune to, in the case of Dragon and Ground). Instead of Lum Berry like a lot of Dragonite I've noticed on this thread, I opted for Weakness Policy as it's great with Multiscale and a Dragonite with +3 Attack/+1 Speed is pretty much unbeatable. Dragon Dance is almost always used once, though it may be used twice or not at all depending on the situation. Outrage is a great killer move that OHKOs pretty much everything non-Fairy at even +1. Earthquake is there for coverage, taking care of Electric- or Fire-types if I don't want to be affected by Static or Flame Body. Waterfall may seem an odd choice, but it's there because it takes care of things like Rhyperior and is a great choice for some Pokemon if I don't want to risk being locked into Outrage. The flinch doesn't happen very often but it's there, and Waterfall ensures that Skarmory doesn't completely wall me. Plus, thanks to Sticky Web, Dragon Dance, and the near-absence of paralysis except by hax, Extreme Speed isn't necessary.

Battles of note:

97QW-WWWW-WWWV-WQ4E: My closest winning battle. Sandstorm broke Focus Sash and Multiscale and Choice Scarf Garchomp almost killed me. Luckily, Outrage allowed Mawile to set up a Swords Dance and kill.

F8HW-WWWW-WWWV-WQ5B: Battle 93 which I lost. Everything was pretty unfortunate for me. I wanted to set up Dragon Dance because I thought it would be safe, then paralysis happened. I though I got lucky when Hurricane missed, but of course i was fully paralyzed that turn. Then I though Swords Dance + Sucker Punch would kill but it didn't. I'm sad since I didn't reach 100, and even worse, the last Pokemon was a Dusknoir which Mawile could have easily taken down. But oh well, it was my fault, I guess I should've gone for the Earthquake right away.

So there you have it, my team and streak of 92. I'll definitely try this again, probably with a new team, and see where I get. See you guys! :)
This team looks fun. I do have some issues with Mawile, who already has high defense, investing in more defense when he probably is bulkier on the physical side alone by investing in HP, but this team looks pretty effective.

Yup, you're in the right spot. Definitely start by taking a look at the first post, since the leaderboard links to detailed writeups of all listed teams, which is a great starting place when trying to put together your own squad.
Thanks. I have been reading around this site (a bit in the OP, and some of the VCG/Doubles sets in the database), and it's responsible for a lot of what my team currently is. I think I just want a bit of personal feedback on the team I posted here to better understand what I'm looking for in all these guides. If that makes sense.

I've decided to try to update my Round team, which is currently at 147 wins, with Mega Salamence, which would involve removing Mega Gardevoir. Because this removes the fairy, I'll also remove Porygon-Z and replace it with Sylveon. I don't have the Salamence yet, but my current plan is:

Mega Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate -> Aerialate
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SA / 252 SD / 4 HP
~ Round
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Flamethrower
~ Hidden Power Ground

Sylveon @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pixelate
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SA / 252 D / 4 S
~ Round
~ Psyshock
~ Reflect
~ Shadow Ball

Salamence would go in the middle of the front line, with it's Intimidate and high defense letting it withstand even an Ice Punch from a Weavile, and give Aurorus the potential to survive a Fighting or Steel move it otherwise would not. The Flamethrower is for hitting most Steel types, while Hidden Power Ground is mainly for Heatran. This is the first time I've ever tried to get a certain hidden power. I've managed to get Pokemon in its Egg Group with 30 SA and 30 SD, to go for 31/x/31/30/30/31. Does anyone have advice for this?

I'm not sure about Sylveon's item. I could give it Pixie Plate, or remove Reflect for something and give it Assault Vest.

Hey Smogon community! I'm relatively new here but I wanted to share my Maison Super Singles experience and post about my streak which reached 92. (I am a little bummed out because I got unlucky twice AND misplayed in a way.)
Okay. I do like the Mawile/Dragonite core, as they do cover each other's weaknesses near-perfectly (though, as someone else noted, you get WAY more bulk on Mawile by investing in HP, and if you have a Dratini with it, Extremespeed even on a DD Dragonite comes in very handy - you still buff Attack with DD after all!), but Galvantula...

It's too iffy. IF your opponent has no Levitate and Flying Pokemon, IF you don't miss with Thunder (91% isn't 100%, after all!), it's too iffy. There are only two Rapid Spinners (Tentacruel2 and Starmie2), but Defiant and Contrary are also present and could harsh the mellow. Note that I say this knowing how powerful Sticky Web is - my fiance leads with a Galvantula identical to yours, and has gotten real good at predicting Prankster taunts...

The one thing you could use is a status absorber, to switch into a status move. Classic Crocune would work really well, especially if you started leading with Dragonite - Poison Heal Gliscor has another 4x Ice weakness after all!

I've been tempted to play around with Greninja with some of his newer move options. I don't think Gunk Shot would be very effective in the Maison, but I do think Low Kick has a lot of merits. In particular, I was thinking of pairing him with Mega-Salamence. In fact, the funniest part about gunk shot was this feeling I had that the best merits of poison were the defensive boons it provided when someone was planning on using a fighting type attack on original form greninja, but that is neither here nor there.

Has anyone tested him out with Low Kick?

The question becomes what is the best set when running this? Initially, because I was pairing it with return/earthquake mence, I decided extrasensory wasn't super necessary, would low kick best replace surf?

I was thinking something like:

Greninja (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Nature: Naive
EVs: 36 Atk / 220 SpA / 252 Spd
~ Low Kick
~ Dark Pulse
~ Ice Beam
~ Grass Knot

While you lose the advantage over fire pokemon, it allows you to nail a few extra types. Having coverage over steel, dark, and even normal is pretty nice. The EV spread could change as I haven't really tried to take note of what I could or could not kill with losing a certain amount of special attack. I will probably do more as I experience playing with it.

My planned setup is going to be the above Greninja,

Mega-Mence
Ability: Intimidate -> Aerilate
Nature: Jolly
EVs: Not entirely sure, planned on traditional 4/252/252, but may change based on how bulky I want/need him or his subs to be.
~ Dragon Dance
~ Return
~ Earthquake
~ Substitute / Roost

The last ability depends if I want a better chance at scouting movesets or helping me maul stall based pokemon. Between these two, the offensive type coverage is incredible.

I also have a toss-up on the last slot...

Ferrothorn(F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Relaxed/Sassy
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 168 SpDef (yields 160/176 defenses with 176 in nature-boosted stat)
~ Gyro Ball
~ Power Whip / Curse / Stealth Rock
~ Leech Seed
~ Protect

Ferrothorn has great synergy with this team(and mega-mence in particular). The above offensive duo team has a super-effective move against every type except fairy and Ferrothorn closes that down. Ferrothorn provides stalling power against some really annoying choice users when switched to. Also, with protect, he can scout for his weaknesses and switch to mega-mence who can sponge the attacks. As a bonus, if I run substitute on Mega-mence, I can take advantage of the leech seed after the switch and restore health while setting up. I have some options in that second move if I want a Ferrothorn that can really end games with Curse + Gyro combo. Also, if a starting threat is pretty large and Ferrothorn comes in early to sponge, stealth rocks can often turn some shaky OHKOs and potential 2HKOs into 1HKOs for the other two, especially single fire pokemon are susceptible to rocks and will likely be coming in on him. This is what I consider to be the safest pairing option, as it gives great type synergy with the other two.

OR

Rotom-W(F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpDef
~ Hydro Pump
~ Volt Switch
~ Will-o-Wisp
~ Pain Split

Now, I am sure you are thinking what I think every time I see this as my on my list of pros and cons paper and think WTF. This Rotom is kind of an obnoxious lead Rotom-W whose goal is to generally slow-turn and screw over Pokemon who prefer to take advantage against offensive members of your team by not dying in one hit. Because the first two are offensive juggernauts, but Greninja is especially frail, this set is kind of a facade judgment lead. You volt switch out to screw over sash and sturdy users into the best match-up of the other two pokemon, preferably while slower than your opponent. If you are faster or like the match up, you dust put the clamps on the first pokemon and repeat the process. There are very few really scary pokemon who are slower than base Rotom-W for the offensive pokemon above. Rotom doesn't give two shits about lead-intimidaters or generally about most abilities. The EVs allow you to never get one-shot by that obnoxious Tyrantrum with Head Smash. When you sponge damage, you can eventually come back in and pain split to cripple other sturdy/sash/stall pokemon to, again, help your team gain momentum. Especially since, while slow, he is actually faster than most walls and can use that to his advantage.

In X and Y, I rode a hybrid Rotom to 200 wins in a VoltTurn + MegaMom team(Talonflame) that really shocked me, and often times, Rotom was the surprise hero. Furthermore, he is very difficult to kill in one hit. Even adamant mold breaker Excadrill's earthquake fails to kill this version in one hit 62.5% of the time(though it isn't likely that I'd stay in with that unless it was an air balloon Excadrill as Mega-Mence could massacre it). One of the main boons overall is so few pokemon run grass type moves so they don't have anything super-effective to hit you with and even if they did, Mega-Mence resists grass 4x.

So as crazy as this sounds, I am tempted to use Rotom-W, simply for the unexpected factor. If it fails, I can simply revert to Ferrothorn, but if it works like I envision it, frankly, I feel it could be amazing. I don't know if it is my previous experience bias talking(although, to be fair, Ferrothorn is probably my favorite pokemon based on previous experience. He is out of control.), but Low Kick Greninja has me really excited about possibilities.

I ran a Greninja with Low Kick in Triples with M-Salamence as a partner. I know it is not exactly what you want but i hope it might help you. for Reference, I ran Low Kick with 0Atk investment because i knew i needed a check for Wide Guard Bastiodon and some other bulky ice and Steel types but i was not sure what i wanted to check. IMO, most of the stuff you want to check do hit hard, securing many 1HKOs or at least bringing it down to the Red. First, you do hit Regice harder, doing a minimum of 47% to Set 3 to a max of about 80% to Set 1, Empolean is another thing you hit harder as well, securing the 2HKO for most variants. There are other pure Ice types like Beartic and Cryogonal that you hit just as hard, although the latter's focus sash makes 1HKO moot. You do hit the specially defensive Normal Walls harder on their weaker defences as well.

That said, i doubt it might be worth giving up a fire check over. Often, the kind of pokemon Low Kick hurts a lot have secondary typings that you can use to secure Se damage. LO Mamo is knocked out by grass know, but the KO is not secured with Low Kick for example. Furthermore, you will need to beware a lot of fire types and burns especially since M-Salamence cant carry Lum Berry. Volcarona will be a giant seeing as Dark Pulse is only a 3HKO and you cannot risk Salamence activating Flame Body. Another dangerous typing are the Fire-flyings. Moltres carries Will o' the Wisp on one set too.

The Eeveelutions are another problem because they are just so small and light. Glaceon takes only around 40% with Low Kick for example and Umbreon just laughs at you and fires off a Swagger

So yea you can use Low Kick if you wish. Salamence does appreciate it if you got rid of the Ice and Rock pokemon before it sweeps. But you will need to beware of the Flaming Buttefly

Okay. I do like the Mawile/Dragonite core, as they do cover each other's weaknesses near-perfectly (though, as someone else noted, you get WAY more bulk on Mawile by investing in HP, and if you have a Dratini with it, Extremespeed even on a DD Dragonite comes in very handy - you still buff Attack with DD after all!), but Galvantula...

It's too iffy. IF your opponent has no Levitate and Flying Pokemon, IF you don't miss with Thunder (91% isn't 100%, after all!), it's too iffy. There are only two Rapid Spinners (Tentacruel2 and Starmie2), but Defiant and Contrary are also present and could harsh the mellow. Note that I say this knowing how powerful Sticky Web is - my fiance leads with a Galvantula identical to yours, and has gotten real good at predicting Prankster taunts...

The one thing you could use is a status absorber, to switch into a status move. Classic Crocune would work really well, especially if you started leading with Dragonite - Poison Heal Gliscor has another 4x Ice weakness after all!
Extremespeed Dragonite does give it useful priority, but after trying both in my team, I found that Roost over Extremespeed works much better. Roost makes it more likely to get Dragonite to the +2 it really needs to outspeed and sweep the entire Maison, and lets it beat almost all Trick Room users by continually resting to abuse Multiscale and stall out Trick Room turns. In addition, there are a lot of random Will-o-Wisp users, so I prefer Lum Berry to increase the number of potential set-ups, and make an early Outrage more bearable.

Charlie's team looks like it has a significant weakness to Chandelure. Heat Wave KO's Galvantula, and Will-o-Wisp cripples Dragonite and Mawile. Mawile can't even Sucker Punch until it's already burned.

If you want a good status absorber, I'd suggest SubCune over CroCune. There's a surprising number of Pokemon that just cannot beat a Suicune behind a substitute, even if Cune doesn't have any SpDef boosts. This list includes Chansey4, Cresselia2 (the super-annoying Double Team spammers), and the dreaded Walrein4, provided it doesn't hit all six 1HKOs in a row, and you don't switch in to a 1HKO move. Go max HP and Def with Chesto Berry and Rest/Sub/Calm Mind/Scald. The inability to hit some water absorbers isn't too bad when you can just sub-stall out all of their attacks. The greatest Water Absorb threat, Quagsire4, can have its Earthquake pp stalled out by Sub and Pressure, and then Waterfall never 3HKOs so it can be stalled out by Rest.

+6 0 Atk Quagsire Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 51-61 (24.6 - 29.4%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO

-
On another note, I'm at 270 battles with my Dragonite/Suicune/MegaGross team, which is pretty straightforward, but is as follows:
Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Multiscale, Adamant
4 HP/252 Att/252 Spe
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance
-Roost

Classic set-up 'Nite. Multiscale gives it the bulk to set up a Dance, and Roost lets me often heal up enough to sneak in another Dragon Dance. +2 is needed to outspeed everything in the Maison, although some Pokes such as Tangrowth4 can survive a +2 Outrage. Luckily all it can do is Aerial Ace for a pittance, so I can get to +3. Against lead Pokemon, I try to KO with Earthquake whenever possible to minimize bad switches.

Suicune @ Chesto Berry
Pressure, Bold
252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
-Scald
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Rest

If there's a Pokemon that Suicune just beats (and there are a lot of them), I send in Cune, get a Sub up, then Calm Mind up to +6/+6, ideally KO-ing the opponent when Cune's at almost full health and behind a sub. From that point, winning is elementary. Nothing that can break a +6 SpDef sub enjoys eating a +6 Scald. The burn is nice, but generally it's not even necessary against even most set-up Pokemon because their STABs usually have few PP. Strong Outragers can commonly overwhelm Cune, but those are handled by MegaGross.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Clear Body --> Tough Claws, Jolly
4 HP/252 Att/252 Spe
-Iron Head
-Ice Punch
-ThunderPunch
-Bullet Punch/Earthquake

(Note: I've slashed Bullet Punch and EQ, but I use Bullet Punch so far.) MegaGross takes Fairy and Dragon attacks meant for Dragonite and serves as a secondary sweeper. Iron Head is accurate STAB that is boosted by Tough Claws and randomly steals flinches. The elemental punches provide BoltBeam coverage, and are also boosted by Tough Claws to a much more respectable 97.5. The last slot I'm somewhat torn on. Bullet Punch provides hard-hitting priority and lets it Mega up against weakened foes without taking a hit. It's also good to take out Sash and Sturdy users that frequently can KO Dragonite, especially Weavile4 and Frosslas4. On the other hand, my team is a little weak against Electrics and Steels if Dragonite's down and Earthquake's coverage would be greatly appreciated. Of course, the most annoying Electric, Raichu4, can just Magnet Rise away, but it would be nice to have a back-up against the likes of Electrode and Jolteon should worst come to worst. Probopass4's Life Orb-boosted Thunderbolts can also give Suicune some trouble. Right now, I'm leaning towards Bullet Punch's utility as a revenge-killer and use when Megavolving, but I'm not positive it's best for the team. Thoughts?

turskain

activated its Quick Claw!
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Extremespeed Dragonite does give it useful priority, but after trying both in my team, I found that Roost over Extremespeed works much better. Roost makes it more likely to get Dragonite to the +2 it really needs to outspeed and sweep the entire Maison, and lets it beat almost all Trick Room users by continually resting to abuse Multiscale and stall out Trick Room turns. In addition, there are a lot of random Will-o-Wisp users, so I prefer Lum Berry to increase the number of potential set-ups, and make an early Outrage more bearable.

Charlie's team looks like it has a significant weakness to Chandelure. Heat Wave KO's Galvantula, and Will-o-Wisp cripples Dragonite and Mawile. Mawile can't even Sucker Punch until it's already burned.

If you want a good status absorber, I'd suggest SubCune over CroCune. There's a surprising number of Pokemon that just cannot beat a Suicune behind a substitute, even if Cune doesn't have any SpDef boosts. This list includes Chansey4, Cresselia2 (the super-annoying Double Team spammers), and the dreaded Walrein4, provided it doesn't hit all six 1HKOs in a row, and you don't switch in to a 1HKO move. Go max HP and Def with Chesto Berry and Rest/Sub/Calm Mind/Scald. The inability to hit some water absorbers isn't too bad when you can just sub-stall out all of their attacks. The greatest Water Absorb threat, Quagsire4, can have its Earthquake pp stalled out by Sub and Pressure, and then Waterfall never 3HKOs so it can be stalled out by Rest.

+6 0 Atk Quagsire Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 51-61 (24.6 - 29.4%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO

-
On another note, I'm at 270 battles with my Dragonite/Suicune/MegaGross team, which is pretty straightforward, but is as follows:
Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Multiscale, Adamant
4 HP/252 Att/252 Spe
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance
-Roost

Classic set-up 'Nite. Multiscale gives it the bulk to set up a Dance, and Roost lets me often heal up enough to sneak in another Dragon Dance. +2 is needed to outspeed everything in the Maison, although some Pokes such as Tangrowth4 can survive a +2 Outrage. Luckily all it can do is Aerial Ace for a pittance, so I can get to +3. Against lead Pokemon, I try to KO with Earthquake whenever possible to minimize bad switches.

Suicune @ Chesto Berry
Pressure, Bold
252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
-Scald
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Rest

If there's a Pokemon that Suicune just beats (and there are a lot of them), I send in Cune, get a Sub up, then Calm Mind up to +6/+6, ideally KO-ing the opponent when Cune's at almost full health and behind a sub. From that point, winning is elementary. Nothing that can break a +6 SpDef sub enjoys eating a +6 Scald. The burn is nice, but generally it's not even necessary against even most set-up Pokemon because their STABs usually have few PP. Strong Outragers can commonly overwhelm Cune, but those are handled by MegaGross.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Clear Body --> Tough Claws, Jolly
4 HP/252 Att/252 Spe
-Iron Head
-Ice Punch
-ThunderPunch
-Bullet Punch/Earthquake

(Note: I've slashed Bullet Punch and EQ, but I use Bullet Punch so far.) MegaGross takes Fairy and Dragon attacks meant for Dragonite and serves as a secondary sweeper. Iron Head is accurate STAB that is boosted by Tough Claws and randomly steals flinches. The elemental punches provide BoltBeam coverage, and are also boosted by Tough Claws to a much more respectable 97.5. The last slot I'm somewhat torn on. Bullet Punch provides hard-hitting priority and lets it Mega up against weakened foes without taking a hit. It's also good to take out Sash and Sturdy users that frequently can KO Dragonite, especially Weavile4 and Frosslas4. On the other hand, my team is a little weak against Electrics and Steels if Dragonite's down and Earthquake's coverage would be greatly appreciated. Of course, the most annoying Electric, Raichu4, can just Magnet Rise away, but it would be nice to have a back-up against the likes of Electrode and Jolteon should worst come to worst. Probopass4's Life Orb-boosted Thunderbolts can also give Suicune some trouble. Right now, I'm leaning towards Bullet Punch's utility as a revenge-killer and use when Megavolving, but I'm not positive it's best for the team. Thoughts?
How about replacing Thunder Punch with Earthquake instead? Suicune beats the majority of Water-types you'd use ThunderPunch on, and Earthquake smites a lot of Fire-types after Mega Evolution in addition to covering Electrics.

Your general team model is sound. Gengar, however, does not learn Ice Beam. I still much prefer it to Cofagrigus, but you'll need to rework the attacking moves. Obviously keep Destiny Bond. Stick the Atk EVs into HP or a defensive stat, too.
Sorry, those are artifacts of two choices that I was toying with: Knock Off to deal with pesty items, and using Froslass instead because of Ice Beam (and because she's cuter than Gengar).

Supporting a set-up sweeper or two with a cleric or screens is one way to go about it, but there are other options. Substitute stall is the best general strategy in Rotations in my opinion, and the top three teams on the leaderboard all utilize it to some extent: my team uses Klefki and Dragonite in the front row with Substitute spam as the main strategy, and VaporeonIce's and CarlMcQ's teams utilize Gliscor and Zapdos, respectively, in the backup position.

Rotations is a weird format and outside Klefki, I haven't played it much. Destiny Bond, clerics, dual screens, Substitute, one-click sweepers, and bulky stallers both with and without Substitute could all be viable - though I swear by putting Substitute on everything, obviously.
[whine]But Substall takes foreeeeveerrrr!! I've got things to do other than play Pokemon, you know!

After actually PLAYING Super Rotations, I quickly realized that lead Azumarill was terrible, and put it in the backup slot with Mega-Salamence in the lead - because MegaSal draws SE attacks that Azu resists, it's ideal for rotating and setting up a Belly Drum. One weird thing I just found out is that the Yawn counter still stays active - yes, obvious in hindsight, but it makes Yawn really handy for disabling. Also, the AI apparently doesn't register MegaSal's ability, Aerilate; I've seen the AI rotate stupidly multiple times. Makes me wonder about the other "Make move X type" stuff... And I definitely swear by that Umbreon build; it survived a Gallade4 Close Combat with 25% HP...

Okay, so if I were to do a guide (which I don't promise to do, and I'm not sure I like Super Rotations enough to find out all the nuances), the two main strategies I'd probably describe are substall and sweepers with cleric backup. Keep It Simple, Stupid, especially for a format that is interesting, but kind of a pain sometimes - enough so that most people visit it for their trophies and never look back.

As a side note, I'm planning my CharizardY/Eruption Typhlosion Triples Team, was looking for a Tailwind setter that isn't Talonflame (as much as I love my Flarrow), and I found something which I love anyway in my box...

Trollcrow
Prankster @Eviolite
Careful 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Def
Tailwind/Taunt/Roost/Foul Play

I'm also considering a Tailwind/Roost/Calm Mind/Dark Pulse build, but that would require rebreeding - and finding a Calm male in its egg groups. Or maybe I'd go Bold 252 Def and rely on CM to buff up its SpD...

Sorry, those are artifacts of two choices that I was toying with: Knock Off to deal with pesty items, and using Froslass instead because of Ice Beam (and because she's cuter than Gengar).

[whine]But Substall takes foreeeeveerrrr!! I've got things to do other than play Pokemon, you know!

After actually PLAYING Super Rotations, I quickly realized that lead Azumarill was terrible, and put it in the backup slot with Mega-Salamence in the lead - because MegaSal draws SE attacks that Azu resists, it's ideal for rotating and setting up a Belly Drum. One weird thing I just found out is that the Yawn counter still stays active - yes, obvious in hindsight, but it makes Yawn really handy for disabling. Also, the AI apparently doesn't register MegaSal's ability, Aerilate; I've seen the AI rotate stupidly multiple times. Makes me wonder about the other "Make move X type" stuff... And I definitely swear by that Umbreon build; it survived a Gallade4 Close Combat with 25% HP...

Okay, so if I were to do a guide (which I don't promise to do, and I'm not sure I like Super Rotations enough to find out all the nuances), the two main strategies I'd probably describe are substall and sweepers with cleric backup. Keep It Simple, Stupid, especially for a format that is interesting, but kind of a pain sometimes - enough so that most people visit it for their trophies and never look back.

As a side note, I'm planning my CharizardY/Eruption Typhlosion Triples Team, was looking for a Tailwind setter that isn't Talonflame (as much as I love my Flarrow), and I found something which I love anyway in my box...

Trollcrow
Prankster @Eviolite

I'm also considering a Tailwind/Roost/Calm Mind/Dark Pulse build, but that would require rebreeding - and finding a Calm male in its egg groups. Or maybe I'd go Bold 252 Def and rely on CM to buff up its SpD...
You could also try Aerodactyl as your Tailwind setter if you do not wish to use Talonflame at all. Lying in the third fastest non-Scafed Speed Tier, Aerodactyl's Tailwind is nearly all but guaranteed, beating all Taunts except for Crobat4 and Prankster Tornadus. Typhlosion's Eruption in the sun has a 75% chance of an OHKO unlike me, you might not even fear Crobat at all, leaving only Torndadus as a problem. furthermore as a Rock-Type, there is virtually no chance of Opposing pokemon using Fake Out on it, so you are like Talonflame almost certain to set Tailwind. beyond that though, Aero has a myraid of uses. It learns Wide Guard to block common EQs, Rock Slides and Surfs from opposing pokemon, taunt is good block TR and status users and Rock Slide rounds off its decent offensive capibilites, dealing good damage to Flash Fire pokemon for a start.

Breeding it in ORAS is not that hard since you can DexNax a wide Guard Pelipper and Tailwind is a relearnable move for it as well. As for a female Aerodactyl, you can always grab it off the GTS with a Nosepass like i did and possibly receive a pretty good breedject along the way

You could also try Aerodactyl as your Tailwind setter if you do not wish to use Talonflame at all. Lying in the third fastest non-Scafed Speed Tier, Aerodactyl's Tailwind is nearly all but guaranteed, beating all Taunts except for Crobat4 and Prankster Tornadus.
Just to be SUPER nitpicky (since you've mentioned it a couple of times), Thundurus 4 can also have Prankster Taunt. Both it and Tornadus 4 are really rare (and Thundurus will probably try to KO Aerodactyl instead of Taunting it), but it's still out there.

Just to be SUPER nitpicky (since you've mentioned it a couple of times), Thundurus 4 can also have Prankster Taunt. Both it and Tornadus 4 are really rare (and Thundurus will probably try to KO Aerodactyl instead of Taunting it), but it's still out there.
Fair enough, but i find that it will often go for Volt Switch on my Aero always. Same with Electrode4 who carries taunt and outspeeds but the presence of two juicy electric-weak targets in my front line means it will fire out a Thunder 99% of the time. So they aren't really pressing threats compared to Crobat or Tornadus, who i must always play around.

Actually to elaborate on it more, Sash Aerodactyl is actually a pretty good defensive pokemon just because it has way too many weaknesses for the AI to want to exploit, causing them to go on a rampage rather than firing off some of their more annoying status. For example, the half of the Slowbros/Kings' movepool are SE against Aero so they might fire off repeated Blizzards/surfs or Ice Beams rather than going for Trick Room. Jynx4 will often go for Blizzard rather than Sweet Kiss or Fake Out( never seen her use any of these two moves when faced with my front line). Even Bronzong4 will want to use Rock Slide rather than the more scary Trick Room.

... Wow all its weaknesses is actually a huge boon because Aero is like the best natural Taunter in the Maison

... Wow all its weaknesses is actually a huge boon because Aero is like the best natural Taunter in the Maison
Damage calcs are so important when it comes to determining the AI's move preference, though. Don't forget that.

They blindly go after GUARANTEED OHKOs. A Bronzong that deals 94% damage max to Aerodactyl with Rock Slide is a Bronzong that you cannot safely assume will never opt to use Trick Room.

252+ Atk Bronzong Rock Slide vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Aerodactyl: 78-92 (50 - 58.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And 94% was exceedingly generous. Don't sleep on any Bronzong4s you face (the one used in the calc, and the one that carries Rock Slide) and don't ever assume it'll use Rock Slide just because Aero is there. Aerodactyl should Taunt any Zong4s it meets, or any Bronzong aside from #2, which knows Iron Head (then again, I dunno if the AI acknowledges your Focus Sash as a fail to OHKO, but Multi partner Maxie's Mega Camerupt has repeatedly Yawned Sash holders when Earth Power/Fire Blast would have destroyed them several times over otherwise.)

0+ SpA Slowbro Surf vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Aerodactyl: 108-128 (69.2 - 82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Slowbro4)
0+ SpA Slowbro Blizzard vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Aerodactyl: 88-104 (56.4 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Slowbro4)

Those also account for the slightly reduced damage due to multiple targets. When Slowbro4 uses Blizzard against your frontline, it couldn't care less about Aerodactyl; it's trying to kill Landorus. Without him there, your streak probably would have ended a long time ago, since I doubt you've met no trainers running a Bro4 as a lead to this point. Using Tailwind or Wide Guard without Landorus present would have been extremely risky.

It's moot anyway, theyen, since neither of the 'duses outspeeds Typhlosion under a Tailwind and the AI would have to Prankster taunt Murkrow to beat my Tailwind, but that's highly improbable - and it DEFINITELY beats Crobat4, guaranteeing a KO. Prankster > any amount of speed, and it's not as though Murkrow lacks a support movepool to use with it.

Also, Aerodactyl shares a water weakness with my other front-line, kinda destroying what I was trying to do in reducing my total number of weaknesses. I do like the idea of Wide Guard, but that first turn Tailwind is the important thing.

Not only that, because I only need to invest Spe 76 in Typhlosion to outspeed all but that choiced Aerodactyl1, I can invest the rest in HP to up durability.

Trollcrow
Prankster @Eviolite

If you're gonna use Murkrow in Triples, Prankster Quash should be more than good enough to find a slot. Its teammates should be wiping out the opponent before you have the chance to CM or Roost multiple times. Dark Pulse is probably the better token attack for it so you can pick off stuff anywhere on the field.

I used Klefki and some random stuff for the Rotations trophy to see just how easy it was, and it was super easy. I don't really remember having anything faint aside from letting Klefki get Destiny Bonded when I was already up 4-1 or 4-2. The battles didn't seem extremely slow, and they would have been even faster if I had Toxic on one of my Pokemon, but the Chansey I was using was already PP Maxed so I had to make stuff like the Defend Order Vesipquen Struggle to death. I almost found myself wishing Klefki had Flash Cannon, not for coverage but to get Special Defense drops.

If I had a PH Gliscor, I'm sure it + Klefki would've been able to stall out 90% of teams on their own and leave the two remaining teammates (I'm thinking Vaporeon and Dragonite/Mega Mence) to fulfill highly specialized roles.

turskain

activated its Quick Claw!
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I used Klefki and some random stuff for the Rotations trophy to see just how easy it was, and it was super easy. I don't really remember having anything faint aside from letting Klefki get Destiny Bonded when I was already up 4-1 or 4-2. The battles didn't seem extremely slow, and they would have been even faster if I had Toxic on one of my Pokemon, but the Chansey I was using was already PP Maxed so I had to make stuff like the Defend Order Vesipquen Struggle to death. I almost found myself wishing Klefki had Flash Cannon, not for coverage but to get Special Defense drops.

If I had a PH Gliscor, I'm sure it + Klefki would've been able to stall out 90% of teams on their own and leave the two remaining teammates (I'm thinking Vaporeon and Dragonite/Mega Mence) to fulfill highly specialized roles.
Klefki + Gliscor sounds attractive, and I've considered it - but Klefki already wins 98% of battles by itself (at least with my team), so why run Gliscor in a similar role when it shares a 4x Ice weakness with Dragonite and also Klefki's Taunt/Encore/Infiltrator weaknesses? Dragonite and Gengar are the two best random stuffs to pair it up with in my opinion to fill those specialized roles, which include:

• Killing Infiltrators: which are Chandelure, Noivern and Spiritomb (Crobat uses Taunt anyway) - Gengar 2HKOs Noivern4 and Chandelure4 while outspeeding and has Destiny Bond for general utility. Spiritomb's Will-O-Wisp also shuts Klefki down, though it does little to others - Sucker Punch is not appreciated by Gengar, though.
  • Attacking right away: Taunt/Encore shuts down Klefki, and you need to start attacking or switch to something that can attack when that happens; Sash Gengar and Lum Dragonite can both do good right out and MegaKhan
  • Providing additional stall and setting up on against the few line-ups that threaten Klefki: Dragonite SubRoosts and DDs on Fire- and Ground-type attacks
  • Killing stuff outright in general: Klefki is already a one-man stall machine that wins almost every battle - any more stall like Gliscor would overlap with Klefki, be redundant and useless most of the time, and share many of its weaknesses. Gengar has Destiny Bond, and Lum Dragonite is usually against anything except powerful Ice- and Dragon-type attacks and Fairy-types, which Klefki laughs at
  • Typing synergy: while Klefki could work okay with random stuff as it did for you, I think the typing synergy is the key element that elevates it from "90%" to "99%" and lets it stall-sweep stupidly effectively on its own. Admittedly, I've never actually used Klefki with anything else than Gengar and Dragonite so I can't be sure.
I could see a cleric like Vaporeon filling some roles, but why? Klefki doesn't need Heal Bell as Substitute protects it from everything aside from Infiltrator, Dragonite has Lum, Substitute and Roost to fight status and recover on its own - leaving the fourth Pokémon as the only one that could really use the support of a cleric.

Mega Kangaskhan is the Pokémon on my team I'm least sure about, but I've trouble finding anything better with the parameters outlined. If Klefki couldn't sweep due to Encore/Taunt/Infiltrator, Gliscor couldn't do it either; ditto for most other SubStallers (except for maybe Chansey). A Water-type could be cool, but outside Suicune (overlaps with Klefki) there isn't really anything that could outdo Mega Kangaskhan in mopping up the remains, besides Greninja which has too many moves to choose from in Rotations.

So, recently, I've become relatively dissatisifed with Mega-Mom in super singles due to her speed tier, but couldn't come up with a valid replacement pokemon. It is hard to cover the ability to break a sash or sturdy, but then it hit me, there is another Pokemon who can, in some ways, perform the same role...albeit with a little more hoping in and out.

Mega-Lopunny!

Mega-Lopunny is actually relatively similar to Kangaskhan, but trades about 40 HP for 40 speed. I tried running her with Substitute, but the lack of fake out guaranteeing free entry into Mega and providing residual damage to break sash/sturdy has really caused me to not like playing that way in the Maison and come to the conclusion it is better against human players who switch out frequently. Therefore I wanted to keep fake out, so here is the set I decided to run for her...

Mega-Lopunny
Limber -> Scrappy @Lopunnite
Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Def / 4 SpDef / 220 Speed
~ Fake Out
~ Return
~ Low Kick
~ Healing Wish

First, let me explain the EV spread. Lopunny hits an almost trollish 205 speed at level 50(and gets there freely with fake out), but the speed tiers for the battle maison have a huge gap between 211 and 201. The only pokemon who sits at 201 is a garbage scarfed Skarmory. So the Speed EVs are to sit at 201, outspeeding non-scarfed Aerodactyl, Crobat, and Jolteon by 1 point. As far as the rest of the stats, it makes sense to throw at least 4 EVs into each defensive stat to round them up a point, and I threw the rest into defense(though you could instead go for HP).

What Lopunny provides that Kangaskhan doesn't is the ability to straight dominate a lot of the pokemon who run fighting moves that threaten to 1HKO Kangaskhan while retaining the ability to break sashes and sturdy. I've run into quite a few complications with the ubiquitous spamming of Focus Blast, Superpower, and Close Combat and I've gotten tired of it. She also brings fighting STAB, but also some of the resistance problems that come with her.

What Lopunny lacks is she is a bit more frail, so your approach to playing her is a bit different. She carries four weaknesses, two to somewhat common types(fighting/flying) and two to less common ones(psychic/fairy). However, what works for Kangaskhan in terms of teammates also works really well for her. Aegislash is immune to fighting and resists the other three. To top it off, she doesn't just handle the ghost type weakness of Aegislash, she also resists the dark type as well. Lopunny also cannot simultaneously boost, but her advantage is that she massacres virtually any offensive pokemon. Because Return is a power 153 move, I was originally going to run Drain Punch as my reliable fighting move, but a Super effective drain punch does less than a normally effective return, so I decided Low Kick was the best option, as the only resists of Normal type are rock/steel, which carry some of the heaviest pokemon. Every other coverage move has the same problem Drain Punch does, rendering it virtually useless. Ice Punch can stop the flying/dragon, but I felt with Lopunny bouncing in and out, she would get worn down(as would her teammates), so having healing wish to set up Aegislash(or a third) for the finishing sweep would be really valuable.

My plan is to run Mega-Lopunny with SD/KS/SSx2 Brave Lefties Aegislash and possibly ChestoRest Rotom, who covers Aegislash's other two weaknesses and can volt switch Lopunny back into the battle unscathed.

Should this work or is my logic completely flawed?

So, recently, I've become relatively dissatisifed with Mega-Mom in super singles due to her speed tier, but couldn't come up with a valid replacement pokemon. It is hard to cover the ability to break a sash or sturdy, but then it hit me, there is another Pokemon who can, in some ways, perform the same role...albeit with a little more hoping in and out.

Mega-Lopunny!

Mega-Lopunny is actually relatively similar to Kangaskhan, but trades about 40 HP for 40 speed. I tried running her with Substitute, but the lack of fake out guaranteeing free entry into Mega and providing residual damage to break sash/sturdy has really caused me to not like playing that way in the Maison and come to the conclusion it is better against human players who switch out frequently. Therefore I wanted to keep fake out, so here is the set I decided to run for her...

Mega-Lopunny
Limber -> Scrappy @Lopunnite
Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Def / 4 SpDef / 220 Speed
~ Fake Out
~ Return
~ Low Kick
~ Healing Wish

First, let me explain the EV spread. Lopunny hits an almost trollish 205 speed at level 50(and gets there freely with fake out), but the speed tiers for the battle maison have a huge gap between 211 and 201. The only pokemon who sits at 201 is a garbage scarfed Skarmory. So the Speed EVs are to sit at 201, outspeeding non-scarfed Aerodactyl, Crobat, and Jolteon by 1 point. As far as the rest of the stats, it makes sense to throw at least 4 EVs into each defensive stat to round them up a point, and I threw the rest into defense(though you could instead go for HP).

What Lopunny provides that Kangaskhan doesn't is the ability to straight dominate a lot of the pokemon who run fighting moves that threaten to 1HKO Kangaskhan while retaining the ability to break sashes and sturdy. I've run into quite a few complications with the ubiquitous spamming of Focus Blast, Superpower, and Close Combat and I've gotten tired of it. She also brings fighting STAB, but also some of the resistance problems that come with her.

What Lopunny lacks is she is a bit more frail, so your approach to playing her is a bit different. She carries four weaknesses, two to somewhat common types(fighting/flying) and two to less common ones(psychic/fairy). However, what works for Kangaskhan in terms of teammates also works really well for her. Aegislash is immune to fighting and resists the other three. To top it off, she doesn't just handle the ghost type weakness of Aegislash, she also resists the dark type as well. Lopunny also cannot simultaneously boost, but her advantage is that she massacres virtually any offensive pokemon. Because Return is a power 153 move, I was originally going to run Drain Punch as my reliable fighting move, but a Super effective drain punch does less than a normally effective return, so I decided Low Kick was the best option, as the only resists of Normal type are rock/steel, which carry some of the heaviest pokemon. Every other coverage move has the same problem Drain Punch does, rendering it virtually useless. Ice Punch can stop the flying/dragon, but I felt with Lopunny bouncing in and out, she would get worn down(as would her teammates), so having healing wish to set up Aegislash(or a third) for the finishing sweep would be really valuable.

My plan is to run Mega-Lopunny with SD/KS/SSx2 Brave Lefties Aegislash and possibly ChestoRest Rotom, who covers Aegislash's other two weaknesses and can volt switch Lopunny back into the battle unscathed.

Should this work or is my logic completely flawed?
I LOVE the fact that you're trying Mega Lopunny. It's one of my favorite Megas. My advice would be to try it out and see how it works; it's viable enough that you should be able to put up a good fight and learn from experience to improve your team (which is how I got good at the Maison with my Togekiss/MegaKhan/Aegislash team...it certainly wasn't as good in my first attempt as it was when I broke 500).

SE Drain Punch actually does hit harder than STAB Return, because Drain Punch also gets STAB. I like Low Kick in theory, but I'd need to try it out in practice and see when it does its job and when it doesn't. I also like that you're trying Healing Wish (because it's cool as hell), but I don't think either of your other two Pokemon are worth sacrificing Lopunny to restore their health. When I played Aegislash, it would pretty much either KO something with full health, or it would die. It was very rare that it would have benefitted from Healing Wish. I would probably opt for Sub over Healing Wish; Sub lets it block the numerous annoying status users. Cofagrigus is a prime example, since it can't hit Lopunny otherwise...unfortunately, Mummy eliminates Scrappy, meaning you can only hit Cofagrigus once. The Cofagrigus example reveals one of Lopunny's big weaknesses: it relies on Contact moves.

Unfortunately, after running a few calcs, Lopunny feels a lot more questionable to me. It can't OHKO Blaziken with Return (who isn't bulky at all), meaning it relies on Fake Out to secure KOs. Fortunately, Mega Lop outspeeds +1 Blaziken 4, but that calc is representative of Mega Lop's general problem: it can only reliably KO things if it hits them with Fake Out. That means it will need to switch out against the second Pokemon in most situations. Sub alleviates this somewhat by letting Lopunny block a Thunder Wave and hit twice, but it still has to switch out against any offensive threat that isn't both heavy AND weak to Fighting (unless it's something unbelievably frail, like Jynx or Houndoom). Lopunny also can only switch into Ghost and Dark moves, which keeps it from switching back in after it's been forced out.

Rotom-W feels really iffy to me. The big thing I like about it is that it switches into burns and Fire-type moves well, and obviously, its EQ immunity is awesome. Its big problem is that it lacks a good Water STAB. Your team also struggles with some of those bulky Curse+Rest+EQ users; Lopunny only does about 50% to Swampert, meaning it can Curse turn 1, ChestoRest turn 2, and pretty much take out your team. Aegislash's Sacred Sword would work well, if Aegislash weren't dying to Earthquake. Rotom-W can run Hydro Pump for Hippowdon, but that means you're using a moveslot on an 80% accurate move, which has absolutely no place in the Singles Maison. Garchomp is a huge problem, since Lopunny only manages ~50% with Return. My last-ditch idea for a third teammate to back up Lopunny + Aegislash is something like Calm Mind Unaware Clefable. It manages those Swords Dance/Curse users really well and can handle some Electric-types, particularly once it manages to set up a Calm Mind. Its downsides are that it's a crit magnet (it survives most crits, but things like crit TBolt + paralysis cause problems) and that you have to choose between Sub (to protect you from crits + OHKOs) and Aromatherapy (Calm Mind, Moonblast, and Softboiled are given, because too many things 3HKO to rely on Rest alone). Oh, and it hates freeze hax and Heatran. Scarf Darmanitan also eats Mega Lopunny, Aegislash, and Clefable alive. Fortunately, it might select Superpower against Mega Lopunny, though (Sheer Force Flare Blitz has 234 BP, SE Superpower has 240), and Aegislash and Clefable can both OHKO it at +6 (Clefable requires Flare Blitz recoil to guarantee the OHKO).

Good luck! From my theorymon, Lopunny seems like a really difficult Pokemon to use well. I hope you can make it work, though!

I LOVE the fact that you're trying Mega Lopunny. It's one of my favorite Megas. My advice would be to try it out and see how it works; it's viable enough that you should be able to put up a good fight and learn from experience to improve your team (which is how I got good at the Maison with my Togekiss/MegaKhan/Aegislash team...it certainly wasn't as good in my first attempt as it was when I broke 500).

SE Drain Punch actually does hit harder than STAB Return, because Drain Punch also gets STAB. I like Low Kick in theory, but I'd need to try it out in practice and see when it does its job and when it doesn't. I also like that you're trying Healing Wish (because it's cool as hell), but I don't think either of your other two Pokemon are worth sacrificing Lopunny to restore their health. When I played Aegislash, it would pretty much either KO something with full health, or it would die. It was very rare that it would have benefitted from Healing Wish. I would probably opt for Sub over Healing Wish; Sub lets it block the numerous annoying status users. Cofagrigus is a prime example, since it can't hit Lopunny otherwise...unfortunately, Mummy eliminates Scrappy, meaning you can only hit Cofagrigus once. The Cofagrigus example reveals one of Lopunny's big weaknesses: it relies on Contact moves.

Unfortunately, after running a few calcs, Lopunny feels a lot more questionable to me. It can't OHKO Blaziken with Return (who isn't bulky at all), meaning it relies on Fake Out to secure KOs. Fortunately, Mega Lop outspeeds +1 Blaziken 4, but that calc is representative of Mega Lop's general problem: it can only reliably KO things if it hits them with Fake Out. That means it will need to switch out against the second Pokemon in most situations. Sub alleviates this somewhat by letting Lopunny block a Thunder Wave and hit twice, but it still has to switch out against any offensive threat that isn't both heavy AND weak to Fighting (unless it's something unbelievably frail, like Jynx or Houndoom). Lopunny also can only switch into Ghost and Dark moves, which keeps it from switching back in after it's been forced out.

Rotom-W feels really iffy to me. The big thing I like about it is that it switches into burns and Fire-type moves well, and obviously, its EQ immunity is awesome. Its big problem is that it lacks a good Water STAB. Your team also struggles with some of those bulky Curse+Rest+EQ users; Lopunny only does about 50% to Swampert, meaning it can Curse turn 1, ChestoRest turn 2, and pretty much take out your team. Aegislash's Sacred Sword would work well, if Aegislash weren't dying to Earthquake. Rotom-W can run Hydro Pump for Hippowdon, but that means you're using a moveslot on an 80% accurate move, which has absolutely no place in the Singles Maison. Garchomp is a huge problem, since Lopunny only manages ~50% with Return. My last-ditch idea for a third teammate to back up Lopunny + Aegislash is something like Calm Mind Unaware Clefable. It manages those Swords Dance/Curse users really well and can handle some Electric-types, particularly once it manages to set up a Calm Mind. Its downsides are that it's a crit magnet (it survives most crits, but things like crit TBolt + paralysis cause problems) and that you have to choose between Sub (to protect you from crits + OHKOs) and Aromatherapy (Calm Mind, Moonblast, and Softboiled are given, because too many things 3HKO to rely on Rest alone). Oh, and it hates freeze hax and Heatran. Scarf Darmanitan also eats Mega Lopunny, Aegislash, and Clefable alive. Fortunately, it might select Superpower against Mega Lopunny, though (Sheer Force Flare Blitz has 234 BP, SE Superpower has 240), and Aegislash and Clefable can both OHKO it at +6 (Clefable requires Flare Blitz recoil to guarantee the OHKO).

Good luck! From my theorymon, Lopunny seems like a really difficult Pokemon to use well. I hope you can make it work, though!
Yeah, primarily, I've been trying to take a break from Greninja/CBScizor/Mega-Mence after I ditched Mega-Mom, but I agree, I found Lopunny to be very difficult to build around with only 3 pokemon. She pairs extraordinarily well with Greninja offensively. I also felt healing wish was best to un-cripple an offensive pokemon to finish a sweep, and Greninja was the obvious one that came to mind.

The problem is, I feel both Lopunny and Greninja really want to be the pokemon leading and don't switch in all that effectively. Lopunny can actually get in pretty effectively after Greninja uses Extrasensory, as ghost and dark type attacks will likely be coming and Greninja can often get out after taking a few turns of life orb recoil and a resisted hit. Greninja also has the chance to get in on psychic attacks aimed at Lopunny, but wrong prediction can really cost you.

The problem became who do I use as glue? I could employ the same tactic with Scizor slow-turning out that I do with the earlier team, but that team carries hilarious weaknesses to fighting(even though Greninja punishes the fighting pokemon anyway). I could still use Aegislash as the defensive stalwart, but I would find opportunities to get the others in once Aegislash went in relatively few and far between.

Perhaps Scizor is a better teammate than Aegislash because it is both bulky, offensive, and allows Lopunny or Greninja to get back in. It also provides more reasonable healing wish targets. This team, though, carries a big weakness to fighting, but I suppose the best strategy is to simply kill those pokemon before they have an opportunity to kill you.

On another note entirely, I do think Greninja and Scizor pair really well together. The amount of damage protean Greninja can dish out with a Life Orb is simply disgusting.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Hello. Been playing the Maison in Hoenn, but limited myself to using Megas that were introduced in OR/AS, so no Mega Mom to steam on streaks. Only got Doubles (used Mega Camel) and Multi (used Mega Lopunny) as trophies but unsure what or/as megas excel in Singles and Triples. Any suggestions?

you could try Mega Mence for your Triples Run and that is what i did for to get a near 200 win streak. Aerilate Boosted Hyper Voice kills things like M-Blastoise's Water Spout though it certainly does not have the same kick. Furthermore for Flying Resists, you also learn EQ, which hits all SE. You can run a Mixed set if you pair it with a Tailwind Setter, since his natural speed with a positive nature is enough to outspeed all the Maison post 40.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm going for my last trophy in the Super Multi catagory w/ Steven, using M-Salamence and Focus Sash Scizor. I cleaned up triples and rotations relatively easy with a combination of SashTar, BalloonExca(Centre), BPowderGarchomp, LOTalonflame, CBScizor and M-Blaziken.

After that, I will be writing up my experience when I set my own personal bests'. I can see myself going forever in Triples, well over the 200 mark. I'll be picking up Smooth Rock from the Weather Institute for my Rotation run because I use Protect on a select few members of my team; I can't risk switching Tyranitar out so those three extra turns worth of sand will be essential.

There were a couple of Gyarados sets I had difficulties with but that's about it.

I'm (agonizingly slowly) working my way up to 50 in super doubles. I wanted to post my video here, of number 14 (no team yet, it'll be coming after 50), though, because I'm 95% sure either the game or Maison is trolling me. Maybe both.
Code is ZHXW-WWWW-WWXW-AG2F
The first few turns are standard. Protect with Aron, TR with Dusclops, etc. The real problem starts when Tyranitar comes out. Of course it's holding an Iron Ball, meaning it underspeeds Dusclops, allowing it to get the KO. Furthermore, I'm not sure how Bisharp survived Night Shade; 12HP Endeavor -> +30 HP Sitrus Berry -> 42 HP - 50 HP Night Shade = Still alive? Either way, I send out Elektross, but soon realize I can't do much with it, so I knock off T-tar's Iron Ball. (Which I didn't know it was holding). Out comes M-Camerupt, who has EQ for both T-tar and Nidoqueen, so I start trying to use that....but Swagger happens, and confusion happens 3-4 times in a row, killing M-Camerupt, leaving me with a 10 HP confused Dusclops against a half-health Nidoqueen and a 3/4thish health T-tar. At this point I kiss my streak goodbye.

...Only to find T-tar and Nidoqueen somehow incapable of harming Dusclops. I'm pretty sure Rock Slide ran out of PP, and for whatever reason Nidoqueen decided Helping Hand on useless moves like Thunder Wave or Stealth Rock or Fling with no item was better than Swagger. This battle was one of the closest I've seen. Had a single more Rock Slide or Confusion self-hit hit Dusclops, I would have lost, so I've decided this is just a matter of the game deciding to give me a massive troll face and let me continue on.
Game trolls me, Dusclops trolls back. Hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)