Sylveon [QC 3/3] [GP 2/2]

Pastelle

we're all star stuff

[OVERVIEW]

With its ability Pixilate and access to Hyper Voice, Sylveon scores a lot of OHKOs and 2HKOs, making it quite threatening to a wide range of Pokemon. Sylveon works fantastically as a late-game sweeper and wallbreaker, and it can fit in well with a variety of different teams and playstyles, such as Trick Room or hyper offense. While Sylveon's special bulk is solid and allows it to tank many hits from special attackers, its downfall comes with its bad Defense and Speed, as well as its weakness to common Steel-types, such as Bisharp and Aegislash.

[SET]
name: Choice Specs
move 1: Hyper Voice
move 2: Moonblast
move 3: Psyshock
move 4: Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Fire
item: Choice Specs
ability: Pixilate
nature: Modest
evs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA

[SET DETAILS]
Moves
========

Pixilate- and STAB-boosted Hyper Voice becomes an extremely powerful spread move, and it is one of the few attacks that can go through Substitute, making it particularly useful for hitting Substitute users such as Kyurem-B. Moonblast is used as a second STAB move, as it doesn't get completely halted by Wide Guard like Hyper Voice does, and it is also slightly more powerful than Hyper Voice on a single target. Psyshock provides coverage for threatening Poison-types, such as Amoonguss and Mega Gengar. Both Hidden Power Ground and Hidden Power Fire provide coverage for Steel-types, especially Aegislash, as it is a common counter to Sylveon and can block Hyper Voice with Wide Guard. Hidden Power Ground also nearly OHKOes standard Heatran, which is a big threat to Sylveon.

Set Details
========

Choice Specs increases Sylveon's already great Special Attack, making it a very powerful and dangerous threat. Also, because Sylveon will mainly be using Hyper Voice, it does not suffer much from the inability to switch attacks. Full Special Attack investment and a Modest nature ensure as much firepower as possible. 56 HP EVs and 200 Defense EVs allow Sylveon to survive a Return from Mega Kangaskhan. Maximum HP investment is also a viable spread option, as it gives Sylveon more special bulk, giving it a chance to survive more than two rain-boosted Hydro Pumps from Ludicolo. Another alternative spread option is 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe if one plans to use Sylveon on a Tailwind team. Under Tailwind, 80 Speed EVs let Sylveon outrun base 110 Speed Pokemon such as Mega Diancie. A Quiet nature and 0 Speed IVs should be used if Sylveon is being used on a Trick Room team. Even if you aren't using Sylveon on a Tailwind or Trick Room team, you still might want to consider a Quiet nature and 0 Speed IVs in order to Speed tie with opposing Sylveon in Trick Room.

Usage Tips
========

Sylveon will be using Hyper Voice 99 percent of the time; however, it should not use Hyper Voice if it is in a 1v1 situation against a Pokemon that is weak to one of its coverage attacks or when it's facing a Wide Guard user. In fact, Sylveon should only be brought onto the field if Hyper Voice threatens most of the opposing Pokemon, as Sylveon's coverage options are pitifully weaker. Threats that tank Hyper Voice should be removed by Sylveon's teammates before you bring it onto the field, allowing Sylveon to spam Hyper Voice and demolish entire teams with ease, but this is not always practical. Instead, Sylveon can be used early-game to force opponents to switch in Steel-types, pivot out, and then return later when the Steel-types can no longer switch in safely. Sylveon should also avoid switching into hits due to its low Defense, but if the opponent has two special attackers, barring Heatran and Aegislash, on the field, such as Rotom-W and Cresselia, Sylveon might be able to come in freely.

Team Options
========

Sylveon pairs well with Fire- and Fighting-types, such as Heatran, Mega Charizard Y, Talonflame, Scrafty, and, when on a Trick Room team, Conkeldurr, to keep Steel-types at bay. Ground-types, such as Landorus and Mamoswine, pair best with Sylveon, as they hit all of the types that resist its Hyper Voice for super effective damage. Landorus and Mamoswine also threaten Amoonguss, which is a threat to Sylveon. Fake Out users such as Mega Kangaskhan and Hitmontop can also immobilize active Pokemon that threaten Sylveon, as well as help it get a guaranteed Hyper Voice by taking out Wide Guard users. Due to Sylveon's low Defense, Intimidate Pokemon and Will-O-Wisp users such as Scrafty and Sableye, respectively, are good partners to weaken physical attackers that threaten it. Sylveon also pairs up well with users of redirecting moves, such as Amoonguss, as they can help divert away powerful hits, leaving Sylveon free to spam Hyper Voice. Trick Room and Tailwind users such as Cresselia and Suicune, respectively, are good teammates for Sylveon. Cresselia is especially great with Helping Hand support to make Hyper Voice even more powerful.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Shadow Ball can be used over Psyshock, Hidden Power Ground, or Hidden Power Fire, as it is Sylveon's best attack for hitting Aegislash, but it's typically not worth sacrificing a moveslot for. Life Orb and Pixie Plate are alternative items for Sylveon if you want to switch between attacks or run other support options such as Protect, Helping Hand, and Calm Mind. However, not running Choice Specs makes Sylveon's attacks a lot weaker, often to the point where it ceases to be threatening due to its low Speed. Sylveon can also run an offensive Calm Mind set with Leftovers, though its poor Defense doesn't allow it to set up easily without teammates with things such as redirection support. Baton Pass can also be used on the Choice Specs set as a means of reliably escaping from Shadow Tag users that check Sylveon, but it's very niche and is generally not worth sacrificing a moveslot for. Lastly, Hyper Beam hits extremely hard and can OHKO Mega Kangskhan, but having to recharge every other turn devastates Sylveon.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Typing Advantage**: Anything that resists Hyper Voice is unafraid of Sylveon. Steel-types, such as Mega Metagross, Bisharp, and Aegislash, are everywhere in Doubles OU, and they can completely ruin Sylveon. However, they should watch out for Hidden Power Ground and Hidden Power Fire. Bisharp can also be OHKOed by Hyper Voice. Mega Gengar and Venusaur also threaten Sylveon with their Poison-type STAB moves, and Amoonguss threatens Sylveon with Spore. All of these Pokemon, however, should watch out for Psyshock. Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona have the bulk and Fairy-type resistance to tank Sylveon's attacks, and Mega Charizard Y can 2HKO it in return and Volcarona can set up on it with Quiver Dance. Heatran is also concerning, as it has a 4x resistance to Fairy-type moves and access to the powerful Flash Cannon; however, it should watch out for Hidden Power Ground.

**Strong Physical Attackers**: Physical attackers that can tank a Hyper Voice and hit hard, such as Mega Kangaskhan and Azumarill, can typically take Sylveon out, . Mega Kangaskhan is also almost guaranteed to OHKO Sylveon with an Adamant nature and Double-Edge.

**Utility**: Wide Guard users such as Hitmontop and Aegislash completely halt Sylveon when it's locked into Hyper Voice.

Last edited by a moderator:
But people always beat sylveon just by switching in fairy resists (which tank Hyper Beam anyway) and then easily set up on or simply KO it.

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
But people always beat sylveon just by switching in fairy resists (which tank Hyper Beam anyway) and then easily set up on or simply KO it.
I feel that Hyper Beam is more for bulky as hell mons that just never want to die, such as Cresselia, Porygon2, or any Calm Mind user, rather than for the bulky Steel types. As for those bulky Steel types, that's what the different Hidden Powers are for. But you're right, you typically don't want to keep your Sylveon in on Steel types regardless.

At the very least, move Hyper Beam down to Moves - the main set should be Hyper Voice / Shadow Ball / Psyshock / HP Ground, imo, with Moonblast slashed in there somewhere (probably with Shadow Ball).

Also it's worth noting that Shadow Ball is mainly for Aegislash, not Mega Gengar, who is already hit my Psyshock.

Mention Psyshock is used mainly to hit Poison-types, such as Amoonguss.

Talk about how a Quiet nature can be used in Set Details for Trick Room teams.

Mention how Sylveon appreciates Tailwind support in Team Options.

Ik this is WIP, so sorry if you were planning on adding some of this later, but I thought it might help haha :)

I feel that Hyper Beam is more for bulky as hell mons that just never want to die, such as Cresselia, Porygon2, or any Calm Mind user, rather than for the bulky Steel types. As for those bulky Steel types, that's what the different Hidden Powers are for. But you're right, you typically don't want to keep your Sylveon in on Steel types regardless.
which is what you are forced to do when you use hyper beam, as the steel-types will always switch in. I can deal if it is mentioned in other options, but other than that, the xy sylveon analysis was finished literally days ago, so you should probably just use that set for now.

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
At the very least, move Hyper Beam down to Moves - the main set should be Hyper Voice / Shadow Ball / Psyshock / HP Ground, imo, with Moonblast slashed in there somewhere (probably with Shadow Ball).

Also it's worth noting that Shadow Ball is mainly for Aegislash, not Mega Gengar, who is already hit my Psyshock.

Mention Psyshock is used mainly to hit Poison-types, such as Amoonguss.

Talk about how a Quiet nature can be used in Set Details for Trick Room teams.

Mention how Sylveon appreciates Tailwind support in Team Options.

Ik this is WIP, so sorry if you were planning on adding some of this later, but I thought it might help haha :)
I appreciate this list of tweaks, its surprising how many thing you can forget once you start writing :). I've implemented them in the analysis.

which is what you are forced to do when you use hyper beam, as the steel-types will always switch in. I can deal if it is mentioned in other options, but other than that, the xy sylveon analysis was finished literally days ago, so you should probably just use that set for now.
Done. Hyper Beam has its niche, but I agree for the most part that it's impractical. Also I can't seem to find to XY Sylveon analysis?

Regardless, my draft is essentially done, and I'm open for any final tweaks anyone feel necessary. Otherwise I feel it's ready for Quality Control.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Aye preliminary QC check.

Overview
########
  • It's pretty slow and not really what I'd call speedy outside of TR since it kinda needs it to go first since it's not really a bulky pivot or whatnot.
  • Steel moves in general threaten sylveon and not necessarily just physical ones. I'd just mention that physical attacks and SE hits in general threaten it, and not generalize it as physical steel moves.

Moves
========
  • Shadow Ball does not ohko aegislash, I'd just remove the mention and just put it along the lines of has decent coverage alongside fairy moves (tbh pretty much all things shadow ball hits are hit just about as hard from moonblast/hyper voice barring aegis but w/e)

Set Details
========
  • I don't get the pointless ev distribution. Max hp sylveon is guaranteed to live mega meta's 252+ bullet punch and has a 87.5% of surviving max attack mega zor's bp................... Using that distribution just causes you to have lower special bulk while getting literally nothing on the physical side. I'd just run max hp.

Team Options
========
  • 60 speed is shit outside of TR. Outspeeding nothing really notable while being outsped by just about everything. I really wouldn't mention that it's the perfect in between line or whatnot.
  • Mention it pairs up well with redirectors as well since most spread moves don't really threaten it, while the redirectors will help divert away powerful hits leaving sylv free to spam hyper voice.

Other Options
########
  • Defensive mons don't really exist in doubles and all the options you listed bp/wish/heal bell are all relatively subpar and not really worth mentioning even in OO. The only possible exception is heal bell but even that I'm iffy about since sylveon really can't afford to give up free turns.
  • Can we not mention hyper beam? It's kinda terrible.

**Typing Advantage**
  • Don't mention physical steel types and just say bulky steels in general wall sylveon (unless you're hp ground sylv against tran).
  • Lando-i is bad, drop the mention.
**Speed**
  • The only thing that carries bp is mega scizor................. which still outspeeds you, mega meta can't afford to run it, and it doesn't need it to bop sylveon. This probably falls under physical attackers anyways.
  • I'd just mention how bad the base 60 speed tier is.

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Haruno
"56 EVs in HP and 200 EVs in Defense give Sylveon enough bulk to take some physical moves such as Mega Kangaskhan's Return"

252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sylveon: 343-406 (87 - 103%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 200 HP / 56 Def Sylveon: 319-378 (83.7 - 99.2%)

That was Pocket's spread and I don't see a reason to change it. Kanga is still as relevant as ever.

Also Lando-I is not bad, lol. Did you even watch SPL week 1?
And Metagross absolutely can afford to run BP...

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Haruno
"56 EVs in HP and 200 EVs in Defense give Sylveon enough bulk to take some physical moves such as Mega Kangaskhan's Return"

252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sylveon: 343-406 (87 - 103%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 200 HP / 56 Def Sylveon: 319-378 (83.7 - 99.2%)

That was Pocket's spread and I don't see a reason to change it. Kanga is still as relevant as ever.

Also Lando-I is not bad, lol. Did you even watch SPL week 1?
And Metagross absolutely can afford to run BP...
The spread in the analysis was like 56hp/200def which seemed questionable in the first place, I'm still not really convinced it's worth giving up the mixed bulk to turn a miniscule chance of getting ko'd by jolly kanga into a guaranteed survival (not like asking for tiny chip damage is much, or worse yet you run into adamant kanga which is a guaranteed ko) but whatever floats your boat I guess. That spread seemed iffy before and it still seems questionable now. BP on mega meta is awful, we've been through this discussion and even if it was usable, it's not relevant for sylveon because sylveon is still hard fucked by meteor mash.

I don't see what you're trying to bring up by bringing up spl, but if you insist on an analysis on lando-i from spl.
Laga = death fodder, pulled off one rock slide then got bopped by hp ice, yay. Big damage yay, scarf lando-t or hell even lando-t would've performed better in that situation.
Biosci = Same scenario as above and its role would've essentially been fulfilled by another strong fast special attacker (think either thundurus)
Snakesonaplane = death fodder, pulled off one rock slide, lando-t would've done the same thing.
Synre = arguably the same scenario as biosci, and it probably has the same alternative as well since all lando-i did was pull off one hp ice on the opposing lando-i and then used sludge bomb on washtom, which would've essentially been fulfilled by thund-t/i as well.

I really don't see the point in you bringing up week 1 of spl since lando-i's contribution in the battles that it was in was overall minimal and arguably didn't do anything that differentiated itself from fellow genie.

Bughouse

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry it's actually

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 56 HP / 200 Def Sylveon: 292-343 (84.6 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I can't put the HP and Def in the right order T_T Haruno

As to BP, of course it's relevant. Sylveon is usually in TR.

And I'm not gonna even bother on Lando. You're impossible to argue with.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And I'm not gonna even bother on Lando. You're impossible to argue with.
You'd probably get a lot farther if you actually listed an argument as to why lando-i is worth a mention. if you're convinced of its viability just point out what makes Haruno wrong instead of just dismissing him without actually engaging his points (which seemed pretty valid from the replays I saw involving Landorus). I'm also curious what makes you think that Landorus is really great so your thoughts on this would be nice.

Bughouse

It can viably run 3 of Earth Power, Psychic, Sludge Bomb, Focus Blast, Rock Slide, Hidden Power Ice, and probably a few other attacks, alongside Protect. With some combination of those moves it can beat the majority of S and A rank, including Mega Kangaskhan, Landorus-T, Bisharp, Heatran (including Shuca), Mega Mawile, Mega Metagross lacking Ice Punch, Togekiss, Aegislash, Mega Gengar, Jirachi, Mega Charizard, Terrakion, Tyranitar, Azumarill, Mega Gardevoir, etc etc.

Its biggest downside has always been that it competes directly with Landorus-T due to Species Clause, not that it isn't good.

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
I defiantly wasn't expecting a argument like this to erupt. That being said, what exactly should I change? Should I just remove the mention of Lando alltogether if it's going to be that controversial?

Also I'm probably not going to be able to edit this till the end of the week cause school exists

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
Aye preliminary QC check.

Overview
########
  • It's pretty slow and not really what I'd call speedy outside of TR since it kinda needs it to go first since it's not really a bulky pivot or whatnot.
  • Steel moves in general threaten sylveon and not necessarily just physical ones. I'd just mention that physical attacks and SE hits in general threaten it, and not generalize it as physical steel moves.

Moves
========
  • Shadow Ball does not ohko aegislash, I'd just remove the mention and just put it along the lines of has decent coverage alongside fairy moves (tbh pretty much all things shadow ball hits are hit just about as hard from moonblast/hyper voice barring aegis but w/e)

Set Details
========
  • I don't get the pointless ev distribution. Max hp sylveon is guaranteed to live mega meta's 252+ bullet punch and has a 87.5% of surviving max attack mega zor's bp................... Using that distribution just causes you to have lower special bulk while getting literally nothing on the physical side. I'd just run max hp.

Team Options
========
  • 60 speed is shit outside of TR. Outspeeding nothing really notable while being outsped by just about everything. I really wouldn't mention that it's the perfect in between line or whatnot.
  • Mention it pairs up well with redirectors as well since most spread moves don't really threaten it, while the redirectors will help divert away powerful hits leaving sylv free to spam hyper voice.

Other Options
########
  • Defensive mons don't really exist in doubles and all the options you listed bp/wish/heal bell are all relatively subpar and not really worth mentioning even in OO. The only possible exception is heal bell but even that I'm iffy about since sylveon really can't afford to give up free turns.
  • Can we not mention hyper beam? It's kinda terrible.

**Typing Advantage**
  • Don't mention physical steel types and just say bulky steels in general wall sylveon (unless you're hp ground sylv against tran).
  • Lando-i is bad, drop the mention.
**Speed**
  • The only thing that carries bp is mega scizor................. which still outspeeds you, mega meta can't afford to run it, and it doesn't need it to bop sylveon. This probably falls under physical attackers anyways.
  • I'd just mention how bad the base 60 speed tier is.
I applied most of these suggestions in the analysis. I dropped the mention on Lando-I, and edited the Other Options tab to everything you suggested.

I did not change the EV spread because I was told by Lolk to use it, and like srk1214 said, its mostly for Kang. However I could list the 252 HP spread in Other Options

I also did not change the mention of Sylveon's viability outside of Trick Room. It's true that TR is where Sylveon operates best, but its certainty not "shit" without it. That was really the point I was trying to get across.

Besides re-wording a few things, its essentially the same as before. Anything else?

Overview:
  • The first bullet isnt necessary as the reader can see sylveon's stats just by scrolling up.
  • The bullet about Speed should be rethought. Sylveon's speed isn't middlish, it's bad. It is its good bulk (especially on the special side) that keeps it useable outside of Trick Room.
  • It's bad HP and Defense leave it vulnerable to most physical attackers, not just Steel-types.
Set:
  • Make sure you put spaces between your slashes.
  • Tbh i would never use Shadow Ball over Psyshock take it out imo.
Set Details:
  • It doesn't live every common steel-type attack 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 56 HP / 200 Def Sylveon: 398-471 (115.3 - 136.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO and 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 56 HP / 200 Def Sylveon: 464-548 (134.4 - 158.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO. Just say it lives Mega Kanga's return and Jolly LO Bisharp's Iron Head.
  • Also do mention 252 HP as an option because it gives Sylveon much more useable Special bulk, for example, potentially avoiding a 2HKO from ludi's hydro pump in the rain and many more
Team Options:
  • Put faster Steel-type killers such as Keldeo, Mega Charizard Y, and Talonflame, cause they are more likely to threaten Steel-type pokemon in a 2v2 setting.
  • Put fast poison and fire-type killers also
  • tailwind and Trick Room users
Other Options:
  • Take out wish and heal bell cause noone uses them. Baton Pass is okey on a specs set tho.
Checks & Counters:
  • Fire-types such as Mega Charizard Y and Talonflame do well against Sylveon also.
  • Take out the Speed Tab it doesn't offer anything
  • Wide Guard users fuck over Sylveon that is locked into Hyper Voice. You could also add Sleep users with this in a Utility tab.

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
Overview:
  • The first bullet isnt necessary as the reader can see sylveon's stats just by scrolling up.
  • The bullet about Speed should be rethought. Sylveon's speed isn't middlish, it's bad. It is its good bulk (especially on the special side) that keeps it useable outside of Trick Room.
  • It's bad HP and Defense leave it vulnerable to most physical attackers, not just Steel-types.
Set:
  • Make sure you put spaces between your slashes.
  • Tbh i would never use Shadow Ball over Psyshock take it out imo.
Set Details:
  • It doesn't live every common steel-type attack 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 56 HP / 200 Def Sylveon: 398-471 (115.3 - 136.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO and 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 56 HP / 200 Def Sylveon: 464-548 (134.4 - 158.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO. Just say it lives Mega Kanga's return and Jolly LO Bisharp's Iron Head.
  • Also do mention 252 HP as an option because it gives Sylveon much more useable Special bulk, for example, potentially avoiding a 2HKO from ludi's hydro pump in the rain and many more
Team Options:
  • Put faster Steel-type killers such as Keldeo, Mega Charizard Y, and Talonflame, cause they are more likely to threaten Steel-type pokemon in a 2v2 setting.
  • Put fast poison and fire-type killers also
  • tailwind and Trick Room users
Other Options:
  • Take out wish and heal bell cause noone uses them. Baton Pass is okey on a specs set tho.
Checks & Counters:
  • Fire-types such as Mega Charizard Y and Talonflame do well against Sylveon also.
  • Take out the Speed Tab it doesn't offer anything
  • Wide Guard users fuck over Sylveon that is locked into Hyper Voice. You could also add Sleep users with this in a Utility tab.
Done

• don't forget fire types in c&c.
  • In the overview don't say strong normal moves. just say strong Pixilate + Hyper voice cause it doesn't use any other normal-type moves. Also you should probably mention hyper voice is spread somewhere lolz
  • keep baton pass in oo cause it can work with specs
1/3

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
  • don't forget fire types in c&c.
  • In the overview don't say strong normal moves. just say strong Pixilate + Hyper voice cause it doesn't use any other normal-type moves. Also you should probably mention hyper voice is spread somewhere lolz
  • keep baton pass in oo cause it can work with specs
1/3
Thannnnkss <3

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The general vibe I've gotten from your skeleton is that your describe Sylveon itself (and pretty well) but not as much as what is it like in metagame - the latter is better, as the former could theoretically be determined just from looking at its Serebii's page. You're also a bit simplistic at times.

Overview
-When you write it up, I wouldn't say power that's hard to compete with. Just say it hits very hard - more concise and less misleading (e.g. Rampardos has power that's hard to compete with but it sucks)
-It does not have a decent selection of coverage moves
base 95 HP is actually ok. It's the mediocre Defence that lets it down.
-I would mention bad speed and excellent special bulk separately.
-If you're going to mention support is necessary, you must state what type of support this is
-Mention Steel-types somewhere
-What type of teams does Syvleon fit on?
-I wouldn't mention decent coverage moves; they're actually not that good

Moves
-must mention spread with Hyper Voice
-mention Hyper Voice hits through Sub here, not in Usage Tips
-Hidden Power provides coverage against Steel-types - you only said that for HP Fire.

Set details
Choice Specs makes Sylveon a very powerful and dangerous threat.
Be more specific as to what it does; this is too vague
Should mention that as Syvleon will mainly be using Hyper Voice, it doesn't suffer much from the inability to switch moves

Remove surviving Jolly LO Bisharp - that is incorrect. Not sure why Lolk said to include it.
252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 56 HP / 200 Def Sylveon: 361-429 (104.6 - 124.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If using Sylveon with Trick Room, have 0 Spe IVs

252 HP Evs does not give it much more useable Special bulk, just more. I would also prefer you to list the changes in KOs provided by 252 HP instead of just saying "many more"

Should also mention alternate spread of 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe if using Syvleon with Tailwind - under Tailwind, 80 SPe lets it outspeed base 110 Pokemon like Mega Diancie

Usage Tips - this should be more thorough
-don't mention Hyper Voice through Sub here
-Spamming Hyper Voice 99% of the time to inflict as much damage as possible
-no need to mention trouble dealing with Poison and Steel types because of Hyper Voice (spamming Hyper Voice is no excuse - use your teammates or coverage attacks)
-How will you take down the threats to Syvleon? Teammates
-How will you bring it onto the field
-When do you not use Hyper Voice but one of it's other moves
-Should also mention that it should be expected to take an attack before attacking thanks to its Speed, it's special bulk will help out here
-Could mention how to use Sylveon in conjunction with support, especially considering that you've mentioned it in Overview

Team Options
-I wouldn't say base 60 speed can be viable both in and out of TR, as Speed by itself is not going to make a Pokemon unviable outside of TR (and 60 is bad outside of TR, look where non-mega Metagross is). I would say base 60 speed is helpful under Trick Room, then mention TR
-mention examples of TR users when you mention TR. When you mention Cress, also mention Helping Hand support
-with Fake Out, mention that it helps Syvleon fire off Hyper Voice
-mention examples of Intimidate and burn abusers
it pairs up well with redirectors such as Amoonguss, since most spread moves don't really threaten it. Redirectors will also help divert away powerful hits leaving Sylveon free to spam Hyper Voice.
It's the latter as to why it pairs well with redirectors. spread moves not threatening Syvleon is not a main reason to use them
Fast Steel-type killers such as Keldeo, Mega Charizard Y, and Talonflame also pair well, because they are more likely to threaten Steel-type Pokemon in a 2v2 setting.
Remove that bold stuff; that's a big and debatable statement to say they are better at checking steel-types in a 2v2 setting. Just add those examples with Heatran and Conkeldurr.
-mention Ground-types somewhere; it's the Ground-type that pairs best with Fairy - it hits all the types that resist Hyper Voice super-effectively. Then give examples

OO
-Mention Shadow Ball here as it's your best attack against Aegislash
-Mention LO and Pixie Plate as alternatives to Specs if you really want to be able to switch moves
-say not running Specs makes Syvleon hit weaker than Mega Gard, which is one of its major perks over Mega gard. I wouldn't jump it all the way to being outclassed
-Contrary to what Haruno said, I would mention Hyper Beam here, and that's more to describe its flaws rather than to encourage its use. You can of course still mention it hits really hard though

Checks and Counters
-Steel-types should watch out for HP Ground and/or Fire
-With bisharp, must mention that Hyper Voice OHKOes
-Poison types should watch out for Psyshock
-Physical attackers that can tank a Hyper Voice and hit hard, not physical attackers without super effective moves (that implie they can take it out because they don't have super-effective moves). I would not mention Gyarados as it doesn't hit hard enough (it's unlikely to 2HKO). Could also mention Mega Kang has an almost guaranteed OHKO if has Double Edge and an Adamant nature
-Sleep immobilies everything; I wouldn't mention it specifically as a check. What I would do however is say, when mentioning Poison-types, that Mega Geng and Venasuar threaten Sylveon with their Poison-type STAB, where as Amoonguss threatens it with Spore
-Fire-types belongs under typing advantage, not miscellanous

pastelgameboy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)