Gen 6 Hidden Intentions - ORAS Ubers - FINALS [Won by Safes]

In. Both players are not allowed to use Primal Groudon to begin with. They MUST use Magic Bounce in the form of Espeon. Use Groudon instead of Primal Groudon.

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
ite, round 1: Primal Groudon is BANNED. Please get with your opponent and decide on your bans as soon as possible then post. Have fun!

p.s. i swear on my life i didn't rig this lmao

DEADLINE FOR BANS: 1/17/15

DEADLINE FOR MATCHAS: 1/22/15

both at 11:59 pm gmt-5

Last edited:

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
OH ALSO, if you're on the left side of the match-up, you ban first.

for example: DSM01 vs asterat
DSM01 would ban first

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The person that has to ban first is at a disadvantage.

After the first ban is announced, the second player can proceed to teambuild based on the knowledge of the two existing bans. After the teambuilding process is complete the second player can then announce their ban (the greatest threat to their completed build) and now the first player not only has less time to build, but has to build after their ability to eliminate a threat has been removed. The act of getting to ban second also means that you get to ban while taking into account the full extent of all the bans, while the banned choice of the first player can be made less impactful or obsolete by the choice of the second player.

The solution is to require both players to reveal their bans at the same time through an impartial third party.

The solution is to require both players to reveal their bans at the same time through an impartial third party.
I say we make you the third party
Edit: MS does make a good point, this could be combated by only telling each other what to ban when both players are on at the same time and are in conversation i guess

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
this was something brought up in ubers chat several times - yohoE should be said third party but at the same time that would be one hell of a pain in the ass to manage

Won vs. asterat with the help of some hax, sorry mang.

edit: I banned Xern and he banned Mence

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I thought the name of the tour is "Hidden Intentions" not obvious intentions. Anyways Latias and Latios got unseparated so you might as well change your ban.

I thought the name of the tour is "Hidden Intentions" not obvious intentions. Anyways Latias and Latios got unseparated so you might as well change your ban.
I'm so confused. They got unseparated so change ban? if they got unseparated I'm banning both. Opp hasn't responded yet.

Edit: "After both players have decided on the two Pokemon they are banning (via VM or PM), they are REQUIRED to post the bans in the thread before they play their match. In the case of your opponent being a blatant douche, photo evidence of the bans would be nice!"

99% sure that you only can ban latios OR latias. also, can we have deadlines for bans so that we can prepare our teams timely and call act wins if necessary?

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
I thought we only banned one mon. So latias or latios. Unless both players agree on not using latis which is... yeah...

I thought we only banned one mon. So latias or latios. Unless both players agree on not using latis which is... yeah...
Yohoe is just bad at updating the OP, he said in the chat that latis count as one mon since banned latias=use latios and vice versa.

Yohoe is just bad at updating the OP, he said in the chat that latis count as one mon since banned latias=use latios and vice versa.
I feel that the lati twins should not count as one. If you want to ban Latios then Latias is allowed (Unless your opponent wants to ban Latias). The reasoning is that we aren't using one ban to ban a pokemon and all of its forms, so why should we ban two different pokemon for one? Yes, you might say there isnt much difference between them but both fill different roles.

I feel that the lati twins should not count as one. If you want to ban Latios then Latias is allowed (Unless your opponent wants to ban Latias). The reasoning is that we aren't using one ban to ban a pokemon and all of its forms, so why should we ban two different pokemon for one? Yes, you might say there isnt much difference between them but both fill different roles.
yohoE what's the ruling on this? since several people are trying to ban lati twins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)