Challenge The Youngster Joey challenge!

OK. For those of you who don't know who Youngster Joey is, he is a Youngster that is found on the first route and says,"My Rattata is top percentage!" or something like that. So the idea is to solo the game with a party of one Rattata.

The rules are:
  • You must not evolve Rattata.
  • You must name your character Joey.
  • No other Pokemon(except for HMs).
So that is the Youngster Joey challenge! Let me know if you have done one, or are doing one currently!

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This doesn't really constitute a distinct challenge in my opinion. I've heard of the Joey challenge before, but it's simply a solo run with even less room for innovation. At least in a solo run you can pick a Pokemon that does several things.

This doesn't fit really fit to the goal of innovation and problem solving that the Orange Islands challenges go for.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm afraid I have to agree with Deinosaur here (not that there's anything wrong with that, of course). The fun of a Challenge, and especially a Challenge Thread, is to see how people work within the given limitations. Some even go to various lengths creating backstories and character traits for their player or Pokémon. Lots of different limitations, lots of different solutions, creativity is rewarded.

Here, the crux is basically "one massively overlevelled Rattata", with very little room for creativity. No team building, no matchup planning, no room for player modification, no nicknames(?), which is to say there is just one set way to do everything, and that isn't particularly interesting.

If you can prove me wrong, however, I'll gladly keep this thread open. But for now, I put it on my mental "endangered" list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)