Other Tiers RBY Random Battles Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kel9901:
It can have Psychic in the formats current state, you just got unlucky which is unfortunate

Proof:

Control / Command + F this:
Code:
mewtwo: {
randomBattleMoves: ["recover","psychic","blizzard","submission","thunderbolt","amnesia","icebeam","rest","barrier","thunderwave","bodyslam","hyperbeam"],
tier: "Uber"
in here:
https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/blob/master/mods/gen1/formats-data.js
oh ok, i just listened to a guy who said that in chat lol

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
Please Remove any Mewtwo sets without Psychic. Being Level 71 is nerfing enough. Relying on Body Slam as its primary attacking move makes it complete garbage.

I though the point of randbats was making every fully evolved poke more or less viable through level manipulation. Not getting completely dead weight in the form of Magikarp, Charmeleon or Nidorino.

I though the point of randbats was making every fully evolved poke more or less viable through level manipulation. Not getting completely dead weight in the form of Magikarp, Charmeleon or Nidorino.
IMO the level of NFE's could probably be raised (at least so they are higher than their uu counterparts..)

EDIT: from the link that WreckDra gave me https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/blob/master/mods/gen1/formats-data.js , it seems that pokemon only ever have the last four moves, though maybe it's just me

Last edited:

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
In Random Battles you have a big pool of Pokémon and some are viable and some are shit but the team maker is biased so the average level of the team is good. You can get an Unown on gen 6 randbats and that's like playing 5 vs 6. In this project, intend all the 151 Pokémon to be available as well as making all generated teams to be, more or less, at the same level of balance.

Something weird happened, showed in this video.
Basically Metapod flinched when he opposing Venusaur used Swords Dance. Probably because in the previous turn Pidgeot didn't KO it with Sky Attack and died to poison and the flinch effect carried over to the next turn. If that's the case, that's two things wrong because, if I'm not mistaken, Sky Attack doesn't flinch in RBY.

Last edited:

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
What do you people think about adding level 99 missingno to the random battle movepool with double edge, thunder, thunder wave, earthquake, blizzard, ice beam, swords dance and bubblebeam?

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
It's not currently allowed in standard RBY OU so I'd probably disapprove of adding it.

If we could add all of the glitchmons to the server, and then have a legal tier where they're all permitted (I guess an ubers an OU equivalent).. although as far as I remember it there's not any that're worth using in OU, and one that would be surely ubers with a BST higher than mega ray.. without the special split ._. lol. So long as we can use Missingno. et al in a non-random tier then it'd fine with me for it to be used in a random tier :)

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Oh also we'd need distinct versions for Red/Blue and Yellow, for example this exists in Red/Blue http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/PkMnaPkMnゥ_♂_fPkMnk hehe bwoi check out those stats, but then Yellow has stuff like http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ゥ_(D9) and http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/PkMn_(D8) which seem interesting :] if we could even have full Pokemon pages just cataloguing the typing+name+stats in the smogdex would make a basic understanding of how these work pretty fun :p

ooh.. you also have to contend with the fact these can level past level 100.. and means we can acquire stuff like ridiculously high levelled real pokemon.. and that some of these mon's learnsets go past level 100.. so making a fun way of interacting with them on a simulator would be a bit bizarre.

Question, are any of the glitch pokemon usable in any form of link battling on cart?

Whenever I caught a Missingno in RBY his default set was Hi Jump Kick, Sky Attack, Headbutt and Guillotine XD
I was playing the german version of Pokémon Blue, maybe that's the reason.

Okay so
I was to voice all concerns about RBY Random Battles to a mister named Joim, which is good because I have a number of opinions about how to balance RBY Random Battles.

Technical
-Piexplode said that all the speed EVs are at max but when I check the opponents speed stat the max is always more than the actual speed. I don't know what causes this, it could be that future gens can reach higher speed levels due to natures or whatever. Either way that needs to be fixed.

Balance
-I find that while UU Pokemon definatly are usable the OUs seem to consistently be the ones controlling the pace of the battle. I believe they should be nerfed by a solid 3 levels.

-Some Pokemon have a chance of getting a bogus moveset. I've had an Electrode without Thunder or Thunderbolt and a Parasect with Swords Dance but no physical attacks.

- All under evolved Pokes (with the possible exceptions of Graveler, Kadabra, Machoke, and Haunter) need a level buff. They simply under preform. Especially all unevolved Pokes in a 3 chain evolution!

-Ditto needs a big level boost!

-And now I get to Ubers and Bogus Pokes. I heard that when a trainer gets a Magicarp he or she get an increased chance of getting Mew or Mewtwo... That's cool, but first of all that absolutely needs to be extended to Weedle, Caterpie, Kakunna, and Metapod (they're even worse). Secondly I don't think there should be an increased chance of getting an Uber when having a bogus Pokemon but rather a guarantee. I just can't imagine any reason to sometimes having a team that clearly disadvantaged. Finally, when Mewtwo has Amnesia he is clearly better than when he doesn't... I think that either any Mewtwo that has Amnesia gets a level reduction or that all non- Amnesia Mewtwo get a level nerf great enough to be in equal standing with the rest of the Pokes and not require a bogus Pokemon to be on the team in order to have a chance at appearing.

It would also be cool if repeats of the same type on your team are avoided. It would be even cooler if movesets containing Wrap were made less common. That one is purely personal preference... just thought I'd throw that out there. Either way, this metagame is one of the funnest I've ever played. I really hope it has a bright future ahead of it! :)

Last edited:

Joim

Pixels matter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)