Gen IV & Beyond Remakes - Is There A Demand?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I would prefer a Platinum remake over the obvious D/P remakes, but then everyone would complain over not getting Yellow, Crystal and Emerald remade instead of the 3 paired versions. Platinum is my favorite game of all time, and Sinnoh is my favorite region, so I can't wait until Sinnoh comes back. Especially with Mega's for all my faves (Empoleon, Bibarel, Roserade, Luxray, Staraptor, Crobat, Spiritomb)

And I'd also rather have all 4 remaining regions in 3D, but it's very unlikely to get Johto. Kanto will inevitably get 20th anniversary remakes because Game Freak loves feels and nostalgia. Sinnoh and Unova will presumably get 3D remakes as well. But what about Johto? Unless Johto also gets 20th anniversary remakes, it could very well end up the Hoenn of the 3D world (Hoenn being the only region not DS-ified).
Hoenn Remade: Well there's really no big difference between Platinum and the paired games. Unlike Hoenn where it mattered since depending on what version you had would depend which team you were battling against, in Sinnoh that's not the case. The only big difference would be when Cyrus enacts his big plans and I can think of a way that it would still involve the Reverse World (like the Lake Trio try to stop the Legendary, but Cyrus has it Mega Evolve so they can't, thus Giratina has to get involved and pull everyone into the Reverse World. You then go through Reverse World and find the mascot Legendary has gone a bit out of control with Cyrus goading it. You defeat Cyrus, catch/defeat the mascot Legendary, and you go back to going on you way to defeating the Sinnoh League).

Mega Wish: While Empolean would probably get a Mega, who's to say those other would? Everyone was expecting Flygon and Milotic to be getting a Mega Evolution but, well, you know. Also Crobat is a Gen II Pokemon (and I know Cyrus uses one, but his ace is his Honchkrow/Weavile). ;P

I would love to see the Gen I games remade, but really only if they put in the extra work this time around, and let you travel to Johto in the post game, just like Ash & co, because Johto was the first region that I ever played in (as those of you who read my introduction know), and so there is a great deal of nostalgia for that region. Even if it meant a longer wait, I think it would be worth it, and potentially one of the best game in the series if done right.

One of the reasons that I didn't get FR/LG (besides being quite content and busy with Emerald) was because I felt alienated that they pretty much blocked off the route where you could travel to Johto. Because I've never played through the Gen I games completely (I once rented Red a year or so before G/S came out, and a friend gave me his old Red Version, but the internal battery is dead), I'd probably still buy it this time around, but still ultimately feel a little cheated if Johto isn't included, just like how the Battle Frontier wasn't included in ORAS. I'm used to Game Freak's attention to detail, so that was a real let-down.

I think that appealing to both Genwunners and my fellow Gentwoers would be a good call on Game Freak's part.

And I echo Pikachu315111's sentiment about Mega Flygon. I'm not surprised that bulky-as-hell Milotic didn't get a Mega, but I can't believe that there wasn't a Flygonite! And the only Dragon in Gen III too! That was also a lack of attention on Game Freak's part.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I would love to see the Gen I games remade, but really only if they put in the extra work this time around, and let you travel to Johto in the post game, just like Ash & co, because Johto was the first region that I ever played in (as those of you who read my introduction know), and so there is a great deal of nostalgia for that region. Even if it meant a longer wait, I think it would be worth it, and potentially one of the best game in the series if done right.

One of the reasons that I didn't get FR/LG (besides being quite content and busy with Emerald) was because I felt alienated that they pretty much blocked off the route where you could travel to Johto. Because I've never played through the Gen I games completely (I once rented Red a year or so before G/S came out, and a friend gave me his old Red Version, but the internal battery is dead), I'd probably still buy it this time around, but still ultimately feel a little cheated if Johto isn't included, just like how the Battle Frontier wasn't included in ORAS. I'm used to Game Freak's attention to detail, so that was a real let-down.

I think that appealing to both Genwunners and my fellow Gentwoers would be a good call on Game Freak's part.
A thing about a Gen I or a Gen II remake is I think they'll NEED to do something different. Why? Because they already remade Gen I and Gen II, and at that time it was acceptable since it brought those games and story back into compatibility and gave them the modern day advancements the series had made at that time. However since then I don't think enough advancements have been made to "justify" an out-and-out remake. True their missing things like type/category split (FRLG only), reusable TMs, Fairy-type, Mega Evolutions, etc., but those seem kind of minor changes. If they did remake Kanto and Johto, I'd sort of like a new story. Like maybe place this "remake" story happening maybe a year or so later after the Gen II storyline (or maybe even have it happen alongside Gen V's story) where you're a new trainer fro Pallet Town who travels through Kanto AND then goes through Johto. Maybe even throw in the Sevii Islands. It's a bit of a big job but this wouldn't be the first time they retooled a region and gave it a new story (BW2).

I was thinking about story elements seen in the Pokémon games and I thought of the number one reason I want a Sinnoh remake (other than the incredible slowness of Generation IV): improve Cyrus. One of the problems I had with Hoenn was the teams. Their plans just made no sense at all. In ORAS, they gave the two teams separate personalities and reasons behind the goals other than "everything would be better with more land/sea!" They were still a tad crazy, but it worked a lot better. This change made me like Hoenn much more in Gen VI than I did when I played Ruby in 2010.
One problem I have with Sinnoh is Cyrus. He is very bland (the only reason I remember him is that he was the first team leader I actually faced). Other team leaders had something where Cyrus doesn't. I mean, he wants to create a world without spirit. Why? What lead him to this? We need some answers and Cyrus needs some fleshing out.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I was thinking about story elements seen in the Pokémon games and I thought of the number one reason I want a Sinnoh remake (other than the incredible slowness of Generation IV): improve Cyrus. One of the problems I had with Hoenn was the teams. Their plans just made no sense at all. In ORAS, they gave the two teams separate personalities and reasons behind the goals other than "everything would be better with more land/sea!" They were still a tad crazy, but it worked a lot better. This change made me like Hoenn much more in Gen VI than I did when I played Ruby in 2010.
One problem I have with Sinnoh is Cyrus. He is very bland (the only reason I remember him is that he was the first team leader I actually faced). Other team leaders had something where Cyrus doesn't. I mean, he wants to create a world without spirit. Why? What lead him to this? We need some answers and Cyrus needs some fleshing out.
Well they did sort of answer it but you had to look for it in Platinum. You find Cyrus's grandfather on Route 228 in Platinum who explains that when Cyrus was young he was neglected by his parents and he grew up around machines. He was convinced that emotions caused all the problems in the world so he decided he'll create a recreate the world as a "world without spirit". Yeah, it's a little bit flimsy, hopefully they do expand upon it if they do remakes.

Well they did sort of answer it but you had to look for it in Platinum. You find Cyrus's grandfather on Route 228 in Platinum who explains that when Cyrus was young he was neglected by his parents and he grew up around machines. He was convinced that emotions caused all the problems in the world so he decided he'll create a recreate the world as a "world without spirit". Yeah, it's a little bit flimsy, hopefully they do expand upon it if they do remakes.
Still, that paints him as more like one with a grudge with Mesprit (the one that gave emotion to man and mon alike in the first place). Where does Knowledge and Willpower fit into all this?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Still, that paints him as more like one with a grudge with Mesprit (the one that gave emotion to man and mon alike in the first place). Where does Knowledge and Willpower fit into all this?
He just needs the Lake Trio to create the Red Chain so he can take control of Dialga/Palkia, he doesn't need to have an relation to the Lake Trio or what they represent.

Spirit in this sense is all of those three attributes together, as in what makes us human. In Japan, this is a concept that appears over and over that makes sense, but when it is introduced to western audiences, it kind of gets lost in translation. It is a lot like the Triforce in the Legend of Zelda games, with three different attributes forming everything. Cyrus sees all of this as being a weakness inherent to the human condition, and wishes to change all of it. Can't get rid of one and not the others. So, yeah, he kind of does have a relation to the Lake Trio, but mostly for what they represent and the Red Chain, not the actual pokemon themselves per se.

Spirit in this sense is all of those three attributes together, as in what makes us human. In Japan, this is a concept that appears over and over that makes sense, but when it is introduced to western audiences, it kind of gets lost in translation. It is a lot like the Triforce in the Legend of Zelda games, with three different attributes forming everything. Cyrus sees all of this as being a weakness inherent to the human condition, and wishes to change all of it. Can't get rid of one and not the others. So, yeah, he kind of does have a relation to the Lake Trio, but mostly for what they represent and the Red Chain, not the actual pokemon themselves per se.
You;re talking about that heart-mind-soul thing?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
We talking about Kingdom Hearts now or something? Not that I am against this for obvious reasons.
That's Heart, Soul, & Body. :P (though they also talk about Mind a lot, too).

Anyway don't know what Brytmonlee is talking about, I never heard Japan having a thing about three attributes creating a human. Well, at least not directly. The Lake Guardians are partially based on the Imperial Regalia of Japan which do represent 3 attributes:

Uxie: Yata no Kagami (wisdom)
Mesprit: Yasakani no Magatama (benevolence)
Azelf: Kusanagi (valor)

If Japan does have a thing that "3 attributes equals a whole" thing I think it would be connected to those treasures.

I loved Team Galactic, but they definitely needed more depth. I'm hoping they'll expand his backstory and motives if they do Sinnoh remakes. People aren't just born pure evil, they go through stuff that makes them the way they are.
Archie and Maxie had the same issue, and the story didn't really go beyond "I want to expand the sea" and "I want to expand the land". The admins rarely showed up (and not whatsoever from the opposite version) and had the same sprites as the regular grunts, and I only remembered them from the anime. They definitely fixed that is ORAS and made them into fully fleshed out characters. I'm hoping that's what they'll do with Cyrus and Team Galactic.
I'm pretty sure that when/if they do make Sinnoh remakes (which I personally am convinced will happen inevitably), I'm almost certain that, if ORAS is any indication, we'll see more of Cyrus's history background.

That's Heart, Soul, & Body. :P (though they also talk about Mind a lot, too).

Anyway don't know what Brytmonlee is talking about, I never heard Japan having a thing about three attributes creating a human. Well, at least not directly. The Lake Guardians are partially based on the Imperial Regalia of Japan which do represent 3 attributes:

Uxie: Yata no Kagami (wisdom)
Mesprit: Yasakani no Magatama (benevolence)
Azelf: Kusanagi (valor)

If Japan does have a thing that "3 attributes equals a whole" thing I think it would be connected to those treasures.
I meant that those attributes create what is called "spirit" in-game, and I should have said that those are what give us our humanity, not literally creating a human.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm pretty sure that when/if they do make Sinnoh remakes (which I personally am convinced will happen inevitably), I'm almost certain that, if ORAS is any indication, we'll see more of Cyrus's history background.
But until then, content speculation is, unfortunately, off-limits. This topic is discussing whether or not there is a reason to believe there will be remakes in the future, and possibly which games would be remade.

To keep the discussion on-topic, I'd like to elaborate a little on that last bit. After all, GameFreak can't keep making all their games over and over forever, so will some games get shelved in the future? For instance, it's been a while since last time we saw RBY's story. It was remade in Generation III, as the first remake game GameFreak did (for all intents and purposes, all paired Pokémon versions can be regarded as the same game). It was popular, and sold many copies, earning GameFreak lots of cash.

The trick was repeated in Gen. IV by remaking the Gen. II games, and once again now we see Gen. III remade. That is, we see the original Gen. III games remade, whereas there is no indication that GameFreak wishes to return to Kanto any time soon. The people who grew up with the original RBY games had their "nostalgia dose" with FRLG. They are now in their mid-to-late twenties or older, and probably wouldn't bother buying a second remake (possibly in addition to the console itself, since unless they stayed devoted handheld players, they probably haven't got the relevant console).

But what about the people who grew up with FRLG? Wouldn't they like to re-live the games of their childhood?
Thing is - those who grew up with FRLG also grew up with RSE and Emerald. Those games have been remade, albeit without the extra content of Emerald. While they surely wouldn't mind seeing FRLG again, ORAS is likely to tick all the same boxes - including the "costing a significant percentage of your savings" bit, I might add. How soon after buying one game you've played before would you like to shell out the same for another game you've also played before?
For GameFreak's part, they only release one main series game every year or so. Spending the next release slot on another remake would probably afflict sales, and maybe also people's impression of Pokémon ("look, they've run out of ideas, so they just release the old games over again!"). Besides, there are other game concepts fighting for that same spot in the release schedule (see my last big post in this thread), so a remake being remade for the sake of remaking is not likely to be the first game released after another remake. GameFreak would have to wait another year or two (during which the queue of potential games to (re)make wouldn't shrink the slightest), after which the "nostalgia crowd" for Gen. III in its entirety would have begun to outgrow Pokémon. Meanwhile, the "prime timeslot" to remake Gen. IV would be fast approaching. GameFreak would be better off ditching the FRLG remake train and rather wait for the DP remake train.

But still, nostalgia or not, a lot of new fans would buy the games too! They would make money anyway!
Short answer - see my last big post in this thread. Whereas an FRLG game would probably rake in a bucketload of cash, another game might have the potential to rake in two bucketloads. GameFreak aren't only interested in making money, they're interested in making the maximum amount of money. As such, they'd be better off making the latter game, even though both options technically would earn them money.

But what if they did a sort of "Kanto revisited" game, with a completely new story, new gyms, redesigned areas and all that? Sort of what happened to Kanto in Gen. II, just even more drastic changes?
Development costs. Basically, remakes are cheap to make because all the work with storyline, area design, character design, the roster of available Pokémon (and what time to introduce them), scripting and game progression (balance, path through the map, level curve) is already mostly done. Drastically redesigning Kanto would require all that work to be done from scratch too. Basically they'd have to design an entirely new game, but within the constraints of Kanto (that is, less freedom to do as they want). There would be a lot more to do compared to, say, just reusing the content of an as-of-yet-not-remade game such as D/P. In terms of untapped remake potential (which includes marketing potential, mind you), D/P still has a "full tank" whereas RBY has had the juice squeezed out of it once already.

What if they could remake two games at once! Let players visit one region first, and then another!
I've seen this argument pop up a few times too. It sounds tempting, but it'd make for a boringly long game with a terribly shallow level curve, and/or immense grinding if you wanted to add new party member near the end. Or, you know, a completely botched second region à la GSC. Besides, the developer time and costs would be a nightmare. Lots of extra work which means extra expenses - and realistically, the game wouldn't earn enough extra money compared to a single-region game to justify that cost.

But RBY were the first Pokémon games, and the most influential! Surely GameFreak might treat them with a little "extra care", considering their immense popularity?
This, I must admit, is a pretty solid argument. I could see GameFreak doing something like that once, but unsure on where to put it into a release schedule. Usually, a Pokémon generation's time line goes something like this:
1) Totally new game with a new region and all the other content you expect a new generation to bring.
2) Remake of older game.
3) Follow-up/sequel to game 1).
4) End generation, enter a new one.
The pattern was established in Gen. III, and apart from some shifting 2) and 3) around, it has held true for the most part since then. The exception was Gen. V, which was kind of short due to the DS nearing the end of its lifetime, and omitted step 2). Curiously, it seems like only one fully new and designed game is made per generation; the follow-up games use the same engine, take most of their content from some previous game, add bells and whistles and sell at full price.
At any rate, there seems to be room for only one game in slot 2) per generation. If an RBY remake was due for Gen. VII, it would either delay the hypothetical D/P remake, or have its sales hampered by the two-remakes-in-a-row-effect. Given the immense popularity of D/P, the limited time period in which the game would sell extra many copies due to nostalgia, and the untapped remake potential of those games, I'd say a Gen. IV remake would be a lot higher on the priorities list. With that in mind, I really can't see any RBY remake hit the shelves until Gen. VIII, but that would affect the potential of a Gen. V remake. Never mind that we'd then be due for HGSS to be remade, and come gen. IX we'd be asking for RBY again as well as Hoenn AND Kalos, and...

...yeah, basically I'm afraid that the chances we'll see remakes remade again are quite slim. At some point, making the same games over and over can't be defended any more. I admit that RBY is a bit of a special case, but I can't see how it would fit in with the release schedule of the main series games. Maybe Pokémon: Origins was meant to be the final callback? It came out at roughly the same time as we'd expect a game released around FRLG's date to be remade (basically, when "Hoenn Confirmed" echoed through the Internet every time it rained heavily or there was a drought somewhere). RBY could possibly see new life in a spin-off, too. I don't know how, why, when or what, and I'm pretty sure any further speculation would be way beyond the rules of OI, so I'm not going to expand on that now.

Anyway, as I said - please no speculation on game content here. That's outside the scope of this thread.

I'm not really sure that DP remakes will come, as the games are not *that* old, and they can also be used on the 3DS. My rule for remakes is that if it isnt on the 3ds, it doesn't need to be remade. That said, FR/LG fall into the 'Remake' category, but I doubt GF will remake a remake, but this is GF we're talking about, so it isn't that far fetched...

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Codraroll:
Ah, but you forget about a few thing about Kanto/Johto remakes in this day and age will bring that'll attract both old and new players, even ones who had played the originals and the remakes:

1. Your favorite region... IN 3D: Have we still been using the old sprite technology, yeah, I don't think they'll make much money since the old fans would have "seen it". But now that the main series games have made the 3D jump it would give us a new view on the region that no one has seen before. I remember reading that people skipped Gen V when they saw the graphics were the "same" as the previous generation but when they saw Gen VI was in 3D they bought a copy of XY.
2. It's Mega Time: As ORAS showed us, any new pair of games will bring us new Mega Evolutions thus if you want to stay competitive you kind of need to buy the new games to have access to the newest toys. And even if they patched the previous games to be compatible they still won't have the Mega Stones so in the end you'll need to buy a copy of the newest game.

Anyway, even with all that said, the only way I think we'll ever revisit Kanto/Johto again is if they give us a new story which does make it unlikely they'll release a new game in those regions. Unless they experiment with an episodic game, but that's not a discussion for here.

Also I think a new remake comes about per new handheld console and not generation. FRLG was GBA, HGSS was DS, and now ORAS is 3DS. Gen V didn't have a remake because it was on the DS like Gen IV which had HGSS. This is also probably the most reasonable thing to do as a new handheld brings out out new technological advancements thus they can do new things with a new remake they couldn't do with the previous remake. GBA allowed FRLG to have vibrant colors and enough room to add in the Sevii Islands. The DS allowed HGSS to have some 3D graphics, have online capabilities such as the GTS, have a more complete Kanto region, and had enough room for sprites for every Pokemon so they could walk alongside us. The 3DS allowed ORAS to have full 3D graphics, Pokemon-Amie, Super Training, and further online capabilities with the PSS.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^Thing with that last bit is, that having one remake per console generation would mean the whole series would be pushed one step back if you remade remakes. If we get RBY remakes for the 3DS successor, then the DS remakes would be pushed back another few years (the lifetime of Nintendo's console generations have proven to be way longer than a Pokémon generation).

As for your two numbered points... I daresay number 1 would be the most relevant, then again all regions would be massively improved by a transition to modern-day graphics. Add another console generation, and even Unova would look incredibly stale next to it. It's true that Kanto would provide the biggest graphics contrast, but every region bar Kalos and new!Hoenn would be upgraded immensely just by touching it up to current-gen graphics. The improvement would be a valid sales argument no matter which region you touched up.

As for no. 2... that goes for any Pokémon game. GameFreak could have re-released ORAS with five new Megas, and probably still have earned back the distribution and marketing costs because of people who like to play with the new content. It is a sales argument that can be applied to any new game, and thus - in my opinion - disregarded entirely. People who buy new games for the Megas/formes wouldn't care what game, region or place they came from. Megas wouldn't make any game more worthy of the annual release slot than any other game, since games aren't differentiated by what Megas you put in them. Add Mega Milotic in X2Y2, RBY reremake, D/P remake... it adds equally much to any of them. Other factors would have to decide which games are made/remade, and which ideas are retired.

It's hinted by an old lady in Sunyshore that Cyrus lived there and loved working with machines his entire life. An awkward but kind child. And that his parents put insane pressure on him to be perfect, and he snapped. There's also hints that he's autistic.

So we do get SOME background, but I'd definitely love for him to be more fleshed out. He was so... mysterious...

And then the lone 4th Gen remake will be called Distortion Platinum.

On a serious note now, am I the only one around here that does not want a Gen 1/2 re-remake and thinks it's a lame idea done to apply to nostalgic fans?

And I echo Pikachu315111's sentiment about Mega Flygon. I'm not surprised that bulky-as-hell Milotic didn't get a Mega, but I can't believe that there wasn't a Flygonite! And the only Dragon in Gen III too! That was also a lack of attention on Game Freak's part.
I don't care if it's been more than 6 months, I'm STILL mad that Mega-Flygon was not a thing, as those who were on the multiple ORAS threads might now

Mega Scizor used Cut!

Finally someone who understands :) Gen 1 remakes are not likely because of all those reasons, plus the fact that they will hamper with GF's image and schedules. A Gen IV remake seems 100 times more likely

Last edited:
I hope they won't dumb down aspects like the difficulty of the game just for the sake of graphics and fanservice.

Well, this is the first remake to actually come into existence due to fan demand. Before, Gamefreak created them to help allow the user to catch pokemon and enjoy Generation 1 and 2 again, due to the internal batteries from those games dying out. I don't think a remake of gen 4 and beyond, let alone another gen 1 and 2 remake, is on their mind at the moment, due to no real incentive to work on them.

If the demand reaches memetastic levels like the one for gen 3, then it very well may happen.
7.8/10 Too slow

Have I posted here yet? Guess not. I do think that a Gen 4 remake is wanted. Quite a few people I know started with Gen 4 (Including me.) and would love to see it again in the new game style with megas and hopefully fixes. I would much rather have a remake of Gen 4 and even 5 in the future than another Gen 1 and 2 remake. They already had their remakes, the most we can get for nostalgia now is ports which is happening with RBGY. When the ports were announced a couple of my friends were actually mad, saying how they want to have either Z/X2Y2 or a Gen 4 remake confirmed. It's definitely wanted, and it'll come. Hopefully for Gen 7 we'll see the remakes come.

Shining Diamond and Gleaming Pearl were the names I had when I was thinking of remake names... shhh....

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Whoa, hello bumps.

Also because this thread is so old, we didn't know back then that Mega Flygon was actually a planned thing since X&Y, but was cut due to... art block. Lame reason, and doesn't explain why Mega Flygon wasn't added in ORAS, but... next game confirmed? (sorry, No Mega Flygon Why? comments just bug me for some reason)

And now that this thread was bumped anyway... my turn. 2015 has become the first year since 2008 (going off American release dates) without a main series Pokemon game... i think it's definitely safe to say Kanto/Sinnoh aren't on the way anytime soon. And with all the Z stuff going around, that's 100% going to be our next game (or games?)... so the next remake will probably come in either Gen VII or VIII, and it'll likely be Sinnoh concidering the utterly ridiculous Gen I fanservice in X&Y. And for you Gen II fans out there, don't worry, the generation with the Sinnoh remakes will probably treat Gen II as X&Y did Gen I, getting the Johto starters early on and such, because Game Freak loves their nostalgia

Tazonite thanks for reviving this thread as I hadn't seen KingHeracrossTheBug 's Sinnoh confirmed meme compilation before and it made me laugh.
Um... you're welcome.

But yeah, I would love to see Sinnoh be remade. Of course, I feel Sinnoh doesn't even really need to be remade since it's already pretty good, but it would be a cool thing for them to do. Released in 2006 in Japan and 2007 everywhere else besides Korea, the games are about 9 to 10 years old. Nearly a decade! Red and Blue remakes were out in less than that.

Sinnoh remakes would be simply for the cool factor, but I feel Gen 6 has been a disappointment. Diamond and Pearl may end up looking gorgeous again, but will they be lacking as well? Most regard Diamond and Pearl as games to be somewhat lacking before Platinum came along and patched it up. I would really want them to remake them in the style of Heart Gold and Soul Silver as opposed to the route they went with OR/AS. That is, they included elements from Crystal as well, and gave us competent AI. Platinum is known for being one of the hardest games to Nuzlocke in, and I found it a bit challenging even without that in certain areas.

I want there to be a post game of some sort in D/P remakes. Admittedly, Gen 4 (aside from HG/SS) didn't have much of a post game. Platinum thankfully let you rematch gym leaders, which I feel all games should be doing if they're remakes or sister games. The exception being B2/W2, which gave us PWT. I hope they'd keep the contests the same, and not just rehash the Hoenn ones. Worst fear is that when you visit the Northeastern part of the region in the remakes, there will be signs that say,

"Sorry, this part of the region is closed. It was caused by the BS Earthquake or some shit that blocked off the initial Victory Road from BW as well as the Challenger's Cave. Oh! But there's a Battle Maison in place of where the Battle Froniter should be! You should try that out!"

Reactions: JES

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)