Doubles Vivillon

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Overview
########

ORAS was somewhat kind to Vivillon, giving it an easier time putting foes to sleep by giving it access to Tailwind, which allows it to outspeed the entire unboosted metagame. Although Vivillon competes with other sleep-inducing move users for a team slot, it has a solid niche, being able to set up Tailwind and beat Grass-types, which are immune to Sleep Powder, with Hurricane. This is helped by Vivillon's ability, Compound Eyes, which grants Hurricane and Sleep Powder near-perfect accuracy. Unfortunately, it is easy to revenge kill, as outside of Tailwind,it gets outsped by common Pokemon such as Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Charizard Y; furthermore, Vivillon has horrible bulk, meaning it has to rely on Focus Sash to survive a hit. Its Special Attack is also far from perfect, but Hurricane's high Base Power makes up for that slightly. Vivillon is also reliant on Sleep Powder, so it has difficulty getting past Safety Goggles and Taunt users.

Support
########
name: Support
move 1: Sleep Powder
move 2: Hurricane
move 3: Tailwind
move 4: Protect
ability: Compound Eyes
item: Focus Sash
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========

Sleep Powder shuts the opposing Pokemon down for a few turns, giving Vivillon and its teammate free turns to attack or set up. Hurricane gives Vivillon an offensive presence, allowing it to hit Grass-types, which are immune to Sleep Powder such as Amoonguss and Mega-Venusaur. Tailwind provides support and allows Vivillon to outspeed the entire unboosted metagame. Protect allows it to block priority moves such as Fake Out and scout for moves. Quiver Dance could be used over Tailwind to boost its Speed and Special Attack, allowing it to hit hard, but unlike Tailwind, it does not help its teammates and Vivillon will be outsped by Choice Scarf users.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed investment allows Vivillon to have as much Speed as possible. A Timid nature allows it to outpace neutral-natured Pokemon with base 100 Speed such as Mega Kangaskhan outside of Tailwind. 252 Special Attack EVs allow it to hit as hard as possible, as investment in bulk would be pointless. Focus Sash guarantees that Vivillon will survive a hit, as it has low bulk and a poor defensive typing. Compound Eyes is used to increase the accuracy of Sleep Powder and Hurricane.

Usage Tips
========

Vivillon works well as a lead, as it can take out foes temporarily, giving its team an early advantage. It should not be switched into attacks, as it has poor bulk and its Focus Sash might get broken. Vivillon should try to put threatening enemies to sleep to allow its teammate to set up while giving itself an easier time setting up Tailwind. Tailwind should be used if Vivillon or its teammate needs to outspeed a foe, or when predicting an opposing Protect. Vivillon should often switch out to allow its teammates to take advantage of the good situation Vivillon produces with Sleep Powder and Tailwind. Hurricane should be used if the opponent has a Grass-type that can take Sleep Powder. Vivillon should beaware of Pokemon such as Aegislash and Rotom-H that will sometimes carry Safety Goggles.

Team Options
========

Setup sweepers such as Mega Kangaskhan and Azumarill appreciate the enemy being put to sleep, as it gives them free turns. Fake Out users such as Hitmontop and Mega Kangaskhan are able to Vivillon a free turn, allowing it to set up Tailwind or put a foe to sleep. Knock Off users such as Scrafty, Bisharp, and Weavile can remove the foe's Safety Goggles; however, only the latter is faster than Vivillon and can Knock Off Safety Goggles before Vivillon uses Sleep Powder. This is important, as most Safety Goggles users can beat Vivillon, and putting them to sleep would be Vivillon's best response. Kyurem-B works well as a partner, as it can Substitute on opposing sleeping Pokemon, and can take out the biggest problems to Vivillon, namely Thundurus, Shaymin-S, Safety Goggles Togekiss, and Rotom-H. Ground-types such as Landorus-T and Excadrill can beat Rock-types, which are particularly threatening to Vivillon, as they can bring Vivillon down to its Focus Sash and possibly cause it to flinch with Rock Slide.

Other Options
########

Bug Buzz provides a secondary STAB option and more neutral coverage, but Vivillon does not have the room for it. Friend Guard helps Vivillon support its team, but it greatly appreciates the accuracy boosts from Compound Eyes. Hurricane could be dropped for a support move, but that makes Vivillon complete Taunt fodder. U-turn allows Vivillon to gain momentum after putting a foe to sleep. Rage Powder allows it to help its teammate, but Vivillon cannot take many hits.

Checks & Counters
########
**Speed**: Pokemon that outspeed Vivillon such as Landorus-T and Shaymin-S can deal heavy damage to it with their STAB or coverage moves. The latter can switch into Sleep Powder and can cause Vivillon to flinch with Air Slash, but is OHKOed by Hurricane. Most moves can 2HKO Vivillon, making it vulnerable to revenge killing. Mega Diancie is particularly effective, as it blocks Sleep Powder with Magic Bounce, resists Hurricane, and can retaliate with super effective Diamond Storm, which, being a spread move, also bypasses Rage Powder.

**Utility Moves**: Taunt from Pokemon such as Thundurus prevent Vivillon from using Sleep Powder, making it easy for the foe to attack and KO it. Thundurus is a particularly good example, as it has Prankster, meaning it will move first in Tailwind, and resists Hurricane. Safeguard from Pokemon such as Klefki will also ruin its niche in putting foes to sleep. Fake Out from Pokemon such as Mega Kangaskhan and Weavile will break its Focus Sash, making it easy to KO. Substitute from Pokemon such as Aegislash and Heatran will block Sleep Powder, and Vivillon cannot break either with Hurricane. Faster Substitute users such as Thundurus and Terrakion can outspeed Vivillon and set up a Substitute before it uses Sleep Powder.

**Miscellaneous**: Safety Goggles prevents the Pokemon from falling asleep and common users of it, such as Rotom-H, can deal heavy damage to Vivillon. Safety Goggles Togekiss and Jirachi can redirect Vivillon's Sleep Powders and take little damage from Hurricane. Tyranitar's Sand Stream will break Vivillon's Focus Sash and Tyranitar can OHKO it with Rock Slide, and although they are not too common, Choice Scarf sets will outspeed it. Mega Abomasnow can break Vivillon's Focus Sash with hail, OHKO with Blizzard, is immune to Sleep Powder, and can take a Hurricane from full health. Ferrothorn and Escavalier are both immune to Sleep Powder, avoid the 2HKO from Hurricane, and can 2HKO Vivillon back with their STAB moves.

**Speed Control**: Icy Wind from Pokemon such as Suicune and Cresselia will break Vivillon's Focus Sash and make it easy to outspeed and revenge kill. Paralysis from Pokemon such as Thundurus and Klefki also ruins Vivillon's niche of its high Speed, allowing it to be easily KOed. Trick Room makes Vivillon easier to outspeed and KO, and users of the move such as Cresselia and Aromatisse often run Safety Goggles, rendering Sleep Powder useless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
stuff said on irc:

outspeeding neutral 100s is super nice, so keep that speed as an option (probably the main one), but also offer 196 Modest, which outruns the +spe 70s and neutral 80s. It's not so much that the saved EVs matter, but that Modest is helpful to make Hurricane actually be threatening.

Can slash QD with TW, since +1 Hurricane is maybe worth giving up the team support of TW.
Can slash RP with Protect.

Biggest benefit of using Vivillon's pseudo-spore over Breloom's or Amoonguss's actual spores is that 1) Vivillon is the fastest of the bunch, 2) Vivillon can't be stopped flat by opposing Grass types, since it can smack them with Hurricane, 3) it can provide Tailwind.

You say ^this in the overview, but also emphasize that if you don't badly need any of those three things, either Breloom or Amoonguss is probably better for your team.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
stuff said on irc:

outspeeding neutral 100s is super nice, so keep that speed as an option (probably the main one), but also offer 196 Modest, which outruns the +spe 70s and neutral 80s. It's not so much that the saved EVs matter, but that Modest is helpful to make Hurricane actually be threatening.

Can slash QD with TW, since +1 Hurricane is maybe worth giving up the team support of TW.
Can slash RP with Protect.

Biggest benefit of using Vivillon's pseudo-spore over Breloom's or Amoonguss's actual spores is that 1) Vivillon is the fastest of the bunch, 2) Vivillon can't be stopped flat by opposing Grass types, since it can smack them with Hurricane, 3) it can provide Tailwind.

You say ^this in the overview, but also emphasize that if you don't badly need any of those three things, either Breloom or Amoonguss is probably better for your team.
I have implemented this, but i dont think there is a point of running 196 instead of max, as 1. you dont get much bulk (15 hp) and you dont have any in the first place, 2. you lose to mega herra and exca outside of sand (not too important, but its better to do so than not).

e: i will go over this and finish TO tomorrow
e2: QC ready

Last edited:

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Support
########
move 1: Hurricane
move 2: Sleep Powder
move 4: Protect / Rage Powder

Is the set I'd rather see listed, Quiver Dance is pretty useless since most teams are stacking plenty of flying resists and Tailwind is providing a speed boost to aide both teammates and sleep powder spam. I feel like Rage Powder is obsolete when you're stacking both Sleep Powder and Tailwind but I can see where there are situations for it to be useful, overall I think Protect is more useful since it helps stall out field conditions (especially combined with sash) and keeps viv alive to spam more sleep o,o.

Anty

let's drop
Support
########
move 1: Hurricane
move 2: Sleep Powder
move 4: Protect / Rage Powder

Is the set I'd rather see listed, Quiver Dance is pretty useless since most teams are stacking plenty of flying resists and Tailwind is providing a speed boost to aide both teammates and sleep powder spam. I feel like Rage Powder is obsolete when you're stacking both Sleep Powder and Tailwind but I can see where there are situations for it to be useful, overall I think Protect is more useful since it helps stall out field conditions (especially combined with sash) and keeps viv alive to spam more sleep o,o.
This is pretty much the set i originally had, but after talk on irc that one was done. At +1 hurricane does hit pretty hard, but it doesnt ohko anything which isnt weak to hurricane, so a lot of the time it wants to sleep. Ill ask people on irc.

e: after a ton of responces on irc (sarcasm), i think i will move qd to moves. I used it a lot in xy meta but that was mainly for speed, only once or twice has the spatk boost been necessary. At least tailwind lets you beet genesect/other tailwind

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Overall I've come around to just keeping this fast spread. I found a few examples where modest and/or QD could be viable, but overall it seems Timid is the most consistent. Just keep that and ignore what was said on IRC and I posted above.

Now onto the rest of it...

Mention in OO the possibility of dropping Hurricane altogether and just running the 4 support moves, but the downside of being Taunt bait.

Add substitute users under the Utility Moves section of checks and counters. Most common ones are slower than Vivillon, but the point still stands that basically anything behind a substitute wins by virtue of not being able to be slept. An example that's faster I guess could be Sub Garchomp or Lati@s.

Also add Mega Diancie to Checks and Counters, Magic Bounce and resists only attack, and has 4x effective spread STAB. It's like the ultimate middle finger to Vivillon.

Anty

let's drop
Overall I've come around to just keeping this fast spread. I found a few examples where modest and/or QD could be viable, but overall it seems Timid is the most consistent. Just keep that and ignore what was said on IRC and I posted above.

Now onto the rest of it...

Mention in OO the possibility of dropping Hurricane altogether and just running the 4 support moves, but the downside of being Taunt bait.

Add substitute users under the Utility Moves section of checks and counters. Most common ones are slower than Vivillon, but the point still stands that basically anything behind a substitute wins by virtue of not being able to be slept. An example that's faster I guess could be Sub Garchomp or Lati@s.

Also add Mega Diancie to Checks and Counters, Magic Bounce and resists only attack, and has 4x effective spread STAB. It's like the ultimate middle finger to Vivillon.
Thanks and updated.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hi, am check here
  • In usage tips or maybe checks & counters, mention that unlike other sleep spammers, Vivillon is not grass type and therefore it is possible for an opposing Amoonguss to prevent its teammates from being put to sleep by using Rage Powder and that Amoonguss can retaliate by putting Vivillon to sleep with Spore since Hurricane doesn't do enough damage to KO Amoonguss.
  • In Team Options, mention that Quick Guard users (Keldeo, Terrakion, etc) protect Vivillon from Fake Out, random stray priority moves that may be intended to break Vivillon's sash, or a Prankster Taunt, giving Vivillon a free turn to Tailwind or sleep an opponent.
  • In OO, make a mention of Shield Dust, as it makes Vivillon immune to secondary effects and therefore flinching, particularly useful against users of the moves Fake Out, Rock Slide, etc.

Anty

let's drop
hi, am check here
  • In usage tips or maybe checks & counters, mention that unlike other sleep spammers, Vivillon is not grass type and therefore it is possible for an opposing Amoonguss to prevent its teammates from being put to sleep by using Rage Powder and that Amoonguss can retaliate by putting Vivillon to sleep with Spore since Hurricane doesn't do enough damage to KO Amoonguss.
  • In Team Options, mention that Quick Guard users (Keldeo, Terrakion, etc) protect Vivillon from Fake Out, random stray priority moves that may be intended to break Vivillon's sash, or a Prankster Taunt, giving Vivillon a free turn to Tailwind or sleep an opponent.
  • In OO, make a mention of Shield Dust, as it makes Vivillon immune to secondary effects and therefore flinching, particularly useful against users of the moves Fake Out, Rock Slide, etc.
I dont think that i really need to mention about playing around rage powder/follow me mons (which i already have done so in c&c). Also amoonguss doesnt belong in oo, when safety goggles follow me users check it better. Protect does a good job at protecting itself from fake outs and random priority just seems too general as you arent going to switch in stuff like talonflame/terrakion as the opp has a breloom which can mach punch you. Dodging fake outs isnt worth missing 1/4 powders and 3/10 hurricanes imo.
Thanks for the suggestion

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Team Options

With fake Out users, mention Kang again. Being a set-up sweeper isn't the only benefit of Kang.

I'd mention Weavile under Knock Off users. For Scrafty and Bisharp, mention they have the misfortune of being slower than Vivillon. This makes their Knock Off support less likely (they use Knock Off after Sleep Powder, meaning you can't Sleep Powder the same time as Knock Off on a Saftey Googles Pokemon). And with Vivillon's horrible bulk (and Bisharp's too), you don't have time to wait another turn. Mention Scrafty instead of Hitmontop for Fake Out users; at least Scrafty has Knock Off. But for Knock Off users, faster ones are better.

Water- and Fighting-types, such as Keldeo and Terrakion, can beat Rock-types which threaten Vivillon
The two biggest Rock-types to fear in ORAS are, in order, Mega Diancie and Terrakion. Neither Terrakion nor Keldeo are good answers to Mega Diancie (outsped and OHKOed); Terrakion vs Terrakion isn't a recommended idea and Keldeo is still shaky switch-in (it just survives Close Combat, any more damage = KO, including Life Orb recoil and Terra's Rock Slide). Better answers to check Rock-types are Landorus-Therian and Choice Scarf Excadrill.

You should also mention that the problems posed by Rock-users is that they threaten Vivillon with Rock Slide, which not only hits its partner but has the flinch chance to stop Vivillon from sleeping, in addition to resisting Hurricanes. The super-effective coverage of Rock Slide is not really an issue when almost everything 2HKOes Vivillon. You should say that "whilst almost everything 2HKOes Vivillon, Rock-types are notable for ..."

Electric-types are not even worth mentioning under Team Options due to the above paragraph.

OO
Can add U-turn to maintain momentum after sleeping stuff

Checks and Counters
Any move that hits Vivillon will break its Focus Sash meaning it is easy to revenge kill.
Could add that due to its bulk, almost any attack will 2HKO it
-you mention Shaymin-S. Mention that it can also switch in on Sleep Powder thanks to its Grass-type, but that it is OHKOed by Hurricane

Should mention Tyranitar under miscellanous. Sandstorm breaks Sash, saving you an extra attack on it, whilst Ttar OHKOes with Rock Slide. The rare Choice Scarf set also outspeeds Vivillon.

Can also mention Mega Abomasnow for Hail and OHKOing with Blizzard whilst being immune to Sleep Powder. It hates Hurricane, though it falls just short of an OHKO (83.3 - 98.9% on the standard 252 HP set).

Mention TR under Speed control, such as Safety Googles Cress and Aromatisse. Mention also a user of paralysis like Thundurus

Under Sub, mention Thundurus-I and Terrakion - they're faster users of Sub than Vivillon (thus, can use Sub to immediately block Sleep Powder). With Aegislash and Heatran, mention they are slower and are thus prone to being slept before they can set up Sub.

Also mention Escavalier and Ferrothorn under Miscellanous - they don't fear Sleep Powder and aren't 2HKOed by Hurricane (in fact Assault Vest Escavalier isn't even 3HKOed).

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
Team Options

With fake Out users, mention Kang again. Being a set-up sweeper isn't the only benefit of Kang.

I'd mention Weavile under Knock Off users. For Scrafty and Bisharp, mention they have the misfortune of being slower than Vivillon. This makes their Knock Off support less likely (they use Knock Off after Sleep Powder, meaning you can't Sleep Powder the same time as Knock Off on a Saftey Googles Pokemon). And with Vivillon's horrible bulk (and Bisharp's too), you don't have time to wait another turn. Mention Scrafty instead of Hitmontop for Fake Out users; at least Scrafty has Knock Off. But for Knock Off users, faster ones are better.

The two biggest Rock-types to fear in ORAS are, in order, Mega Diancie and Terrakion. Neither Terrakion nor Keldeo are good answers to Mega Diancie (outsped and OHKOed); Terrakion vs Terrakion isn't a recommended idea and Keldeo is still shaky switch-in (it just survives Close Combat, any more damage = KO, including Life Orb recoil and Terra's Rock Slide). Better answers to check Rock-types are Landorus-Therian and Choice Scarf Excadrill.

You should also mention that the problems posed by Rock-users is that they threaten Vivillon with Rock Slide, which not only hits its partner but has the flinch chance to stop Vivillon from sleeping, in addition to resisting Hurricanes. The super-effective coverage of Rock Slide is not really an issue when almost everything 2HKOes Vivillon. You should say that "whilst almost everything 2HKOes Vivillon, Rock-types are notable for ..."

Electric-types are not even worth mentioning under Team Options due to the above paragraph.

OO
Can add U-turn to maintain momentum after sleeping stuff

Checks and Counters
Could add that due to its bulk, almost any attack will 2HKO it
-you mention Shaymin-S. Mention that it can also switch in on Sleep Powder thanks to its Grass-type, but that it is OHKOed by Hurricane

Should mention Tyranitar under miscellanous. Sandstorm breaks Sash, saving you an extra attack on it, whilst Ttar OHKOes with Rock Slide. The rare Choice Scarf set also outspeeds Vivillon.

Can also mention Mega Abomasnow for Hail and OHKOing with Blizzard whilst being immune to Sleep Powder. It hates Hurricane, though it falls just short of an OHKO (83.3 - 98.9% on the standard 252 HP set).

Mention TR under Speed control, such as Safety Googles Cress and Aromatisse. Mention also a user of paralysis like Thundurus

Under Sub, mention Thundurus-I and Terrakion - they're faster users of Sub than Vivillon (thus, can use Sub to immediately block Sleep Powder). With Aegislash and Heatran, mention they are slower and are thus prone to being slept before they can set up Sub.

Also mention Escavalier and Ferrothorn under Miscellanous - they don't fear Sleep Powder and aren't 2HKOed by Hurricane (in fact Assault Vest Escavalier isn't even 3HKOed).
Thanks for the help and implemented. I couldn't really think of many sub users and i tried not repeating myself in c&c, hence why the examples i originally used

Overview:
  • Specifically mention Compoundeyes, as an accurate Sleep Powder + Hurricane is the only reason to touch it.
Set:
  • Take out Rage Powder imo. Vivillon cannot afford to take any attacks. It should be oo imo.
Moves:
  • All mentions of Quiver Dance should be moved to OO imo it's so meh
Usage Tips:
  • It shouldn't be primarily spamming sleep powder because that's unreliable af. It should focus on supporting its teammates, such as setting up Tailwind ASAP. It should only use Sleep Powder when its partner is threatened/needs to set up. Otherwise, it should switch out and let a Pokemon with better offenses and coverage take advantage of Tailwind.
  • Also watch out for Rando safety goggles mons like Rotom-H, Aegislash, Thundurus, etc.
Team Options:
  • The points about fake out and knock off users supporting sleep powder spam should be taken out/reworded. Vivillon is the support mon. It in no way wins by just putting things to sleep. Fake Out support is still helpful as it can set up Tailwind easier/get a safe switch out, though.
Checks Counters:
  • Terrakion/Keldeo would never Taunt a Vivillon they would just KO it lol.
  • Rotom never uses Electroweb.

Anty

let's drop
Overview:
  • Specifically mention Compoundeyes, as an accurate Sleep Powder + Hurricane is the only reason to touch it.
Set:
  • Take out Rage Powder imo. Vivillon cannot afford to take any attacks. It should be oo imo.
Moves:
  • All mentions of Quiver Dance should be moved to OO imo it's so meh
Usage Tips:
  • It shouldn't be primarily spamming sleep powder because that's unreliable af. It should focus on supporting its teammates, such as setting up Tailwind ASAP. It should only use Sleep Powder when its partner is threatened/needs to set up. Otherwise, it should switch out and let a Pokemon with better offenses and coverage take advantage of Tailwind.
  • Also watch out for Rando safety goggles mons like Rotom-H, Aegislash, Thundurus, etc.
Team Options:
  • The points about fake out and knock off users supporting sleep powder spam should be taken out/reworded. Vivillon is the support mon. It in no way wins by just putting things to sleep. Fake Out support is still helpful as it can set up Tailwind easier/get a safe switch out, though.
Checks Counters:
  • Terrakion/Keldeo would never Taunt a Vivillon they would just KO it lol.
  • Rotom never uses Electroweb.
Thanks for the help and i have implemented. I do realise i have been putting a lot of emphasis (probably too much) on sleep spamming. I never really feel like i actually use rage powder on vivillon, often i would rather tw/sleep, and most of the time protect is more important, so im more than happy to move that.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Overview
-it's role as a sleeper should be mentioned before Tailwind; the former is it's primary role afterwards
-it really has two niches; Tailwind and hitting Grass-types aren't one thing as you said in the 2nd line
-mention as reliant on Sleep Powder, hates anti-sleep measures like Taunt and Safety Goggles

Moves
-Quiver Dance could be used instead of Tailwind to boost its speed and Special Attack allowing it to hit hard, but unlike Tailwind, it does not help its team mates and Vivillon will get outsped by Choice Scarf users
Just in case a noob thinks its smart to use Tailwind + QD together

Usage tips
When in, Vivillon should try and set up Tailwind if necessary. Sleep Powder should be used against a threatening opponent or to allow its team mate to set up.
This seems to suggest that setting up Tailwind is the priority. In reality its sleeping stuff that is usually the priority.

Tailwind should be used when it would be more helpful than Sleep Powder, which in very dependent on the situation and hard to briefly describe. For example, when Vivillon is outsped by both opponents, if Protect(s) is predicted, a switch to a sleep immune Pokemon is predicted, or if your teammate(s) really needs the Tailwind boost.

This should be made more clear.

Kyurem-B works well as a partner, as it can Substitute on opposing sleeping mons, and can take out the biggest problems to Vivillon; Thundurus, Shaymin-S, and certain Safety Goggle holders such as Togekiss and Rotom-H
Latter two only with Safety Goggles

Seems fine, though there were a few GP errors that should be fixed before this gets to GP.

Anty

let's drop
Overview
-it's role as a sleeper should be mentioned before Tailwind; the former is it's primary role afterwards
-it really has two niches; Tailwind and hitting Grass-types aren't one thing as you said in the 2nd line
-mention as reliant on Sleep Powder, hates anti-sleep measures like Taunt and Safety Goggles

Moves
-Quiver Dance could be used instead of Tailwind to boost its speed and Special Attack allowing it to hit hard, but unlike Tailwind, it does not help its team mates and Vivillon will get outsped by Choice Scarf users
Just in case a noob thinks its smart to use Tailwind + QD together

Usage tips

This seems to suggest that setting up Tailwind is the priority. In reality its sleeping stuff that is usually the priority.

Tailwind should be used when it would be more helpful than Sleep Powder, which in very dependent on the situation and hard to briefly describe. For example, when Vivillon is outsped by both opponents, if Protect(s) is predicted, a switch to a sleep immune Pokemon is predicted, or if your teammate(s) really needs the Tailwind boost.

This should be made more clear.

Latter two only with Safety Goggles

Seems fine, though there were a few GP errors that should be fixed before this gets to GP.
Thanks and implemented (i think i got what you mean in the overview). I also read through and changed quite a few grammar problems, so it should read a bit better now.

Darkmalice

Level 3
When in, Vivillon should try and set up Tailwind if it or its team mate needs to outspeed an opponent, or when predicting an opposing Protect. Sleep Powder should be used against a threatening opponent or to allow its team mate to set up.
Could we swap the order around of mentioning Sleep Powder and Tailwind? Sleep Powder also has the advantage of helping set up Tailwind e.g. when an or both opponents are sleep.

I admit this is a bit nitpicky

Kyurem-B works well as a partner, as it can Substitute on opposing sleeping Pokemon, and can take out the biggest problems to Vivillon; Thundurus, Shaymin-S, and Safety Goggles users, such as Togekiss and Rotom-H.
This implies that Kyurem-B takes out every Safety Goggles users. In reality it takes out Togekiess and Rotom-H, not every one.

Anty

Anty

let's drop
Could we swap the order around of mentioning Sleep Powder and Tailwind? Sleep Powder also has the advantage of helping set up Tailwind e.g. when an or both opponents are sleep.

I admit this is a bit nitpicky

This implies that Kyurem-B takes out every Safety Goggles users. In reality it takes out Togekiess and Rotom-H, not every one.

Anty
Thanks for the help again. Nitpicky comments are fine, it just shows you are being thorough

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)