ORAS UU Viability Ranking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
While pif is 100% correct about defending against pangoro, I am also in favour of moving it up to B- (but no further). It is definitely 'good' in the uu metagame and can be effective given the right team support. I'm sure most of you are aware of its offensive capabilities on trick room teams.

Further more while it's typing can be a hindrance it is also a blessing with access to very dangerous dual stabs. Love this discussion!

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay stepping away from the Panda discussion, as I've been waiting for a long time to post this. This nom I'm going to make is frankly long overdue, and I'm surprised nobody has ever brought this up yet.

B -> C
Large jump I know, but I think it needs to happen. Quagsire, putting it flatly, is ass. Seriously, what the hell does thing even do? Its niche is Unaware, but beyond that that niche is not even that good, and Quagsire outside of that is simply a very mediocre Pokemon. The biggest problem is that Quagsire simply does not do its niche all that well. I mean, when you look at it, if you run some calcs, you'll realize the things it is supposed to be checking do way too much damage to it simply because it's not all that bulky. This means Quagsire will have to spend a lot of time using Recover, leading to free turns and just sapping all of your momentum. That brings me to my next point: Quagsire is simply a huge momentum drain. Yeah, it can take some physical hits decently well, but the fact of the matter is Quagsire has no real way to capitalize on any switch-in it makes. With mediocre offensive stats at 85 Attack and 65 Special Attack, Quagsire just doesn't really do anything. It has no way to support its team really (if it got something like Stealth Rock it would be much, much better), and it just sits there in most games. Basically, Quagsire isn't that bulky, is very slow, is not offensively threatening at all, and in general has no real way to really support its team. It's just a serious liability on most teams for that very reason. At least other Water-types have more relevant uses to make use of, as Suicune can be a nice bulky wincon with its CroCune set, Swampert can phaze and set up rocks and have an offensive presence, mega Blastoise actually hits hard and also has Rapid Spin, etc.

Also Pangoro is cool, it has a cool offensive movepool and hits pretty hard so B- would be okay for it.

Coming out the depths of NU, My boy Seimitoad wants some recognition. Seen in SPL, sparsely on high ladder, as well on YouTube, it niche flies under the radar to most. While it seems like a lesser version of Swampert, its edge lies in its ability and movepool. With Water Absorb its able to switch in on the endless list of Bulky Waters and from there Status, Knock Off an Item, or get up rocks. Swampert doesn't have this ability, and because of it can get taken out early by the same mons Toad can take care of. The downside is that Toad is frailer than Pert, so the player has to use some FINESSE in order to keep him alive through out the battle. I find this mon extremely useful and it should definitely should be thrown in the hat of SR using Fire Checks. Its a tactile Pert that can glue together well.

Calcs of inferior bulk :pirate:
252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Seismitoad: 106-126 (25.6 - 30.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Sacred Fire vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 95-112 (23.6 - 27.9%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Seismitoad for B or B-

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Definitely agree with Seismitoad being elevated to atleast B-, it has a huge advantage over Swampert in the form of Knock Off and Water Absorb at the cost of slightly reduced bulk on both sides. Water Absorb in particular is an amazing ability especially with all the Scalds flying around.

Would also advocate pushing Stoutland and Escavalier up to B+, both can be incredibly dangerous as has been shown in SPL. Stoutland has a hefty 110 base Attack, great STAB in Return and very underrated bulk (85/90/90). Sure it requires sand to be up in order to be truly effective but the key thing here is that Hippowdon is not a waste of squad space - it can set up SR, phaze, and has instant recovery in Slack Off meaning sand can be sure to last throughout the match. Not to mention it's an absolute beast defensively whether you go physical or special. Escavalier hits hard as a truck and has a unique typing in the tier which makes it a hard counter to Zam - two things Rachi can't boast about. The Bug typing also makes it neutral to Earth Power which makes it a great offensive tank against Pokemon that rely on EP to hit steels like Shaymin, Celebi and Kyurem.

Maybe not all the way up to B or B-, but I second ranking Seismitoad. Just Knock Off or Water Absorb on their own merit a ranking as an alternative to Swampert, but both of them in tandem makes ranking best toad a no brainer.

Is it just me, or does M-sharpedo have a little bit of 4MSS? I keep thinking that if it could have just one extra slot it would be AMAZING.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Sounds like seismitoad overhype riding on a single UU game, even if it was an extremely nice one. If you guys stop and think for one second please, if radiant used mega swampert over seismitoad (assuming both mainly physically defensive but swampert can run more attack or adamant and still have overall higher defense) and lets just say no move over knock off to be extra fair, swampert would have had a good chance to kill reuniclus as well as anything else on that team. Seismitoad couldn't. Not to mention apart from a tiny speed difference statwise mega swampert has just so much greater stats than seismitoad, the earthquake power is a huge world of difference.

Water immunity is great and shouldn't be overlooked but exactly what water types can you beat now because of this again? The bulky waters in the tier still toxic stall you to death which is unfortunate. Opposing swamperts never really wanted to have anything to do with you anyways and switch out after setting up. Crocune can stall you out still. Tentacruel you beat sure now more fearlessly but swampert mega can ohko tenta while you can't. Scald immunity by itself isn't enough to beat most water types.

Back to knock off. Sure it's extremely helpful but it does absolutely pitiful damage from seismitoad and the big reason to use it is to remove items. Most users of the move use it for powerful coverage or stab. Seismitoad itself is more vulnerable to knock off than mega swampert. And you can't really forget mega swampert can run any number of moves in the last slot ranging from roar and dragon tail to rain dance and coverage moves. Seismitoad can't run most of these options effectively or legally.

Seismitoad should stay unranked or around C to C- because of the enormous competition it has.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well I'm not comparing Seismitoad to Mega Swampert who plays very differently from regular Swampert. Of course in the attacking department Mega Swampert is way better than Seismitoad, but Mega Swampert isn't really a support Pokemon. It's most commonly used as a bulky attacker or RD sweeper. In Seismitoad and regular Swampert we have two Pokemon with very similar roles and bulk which is the comparison I made. Regular Swampert would have been shut down by Reuniclus as much as Seismitoad, but Seismitoad still crippled Reuniclus with Knock Off.

Agree with you here, but the water immunity is not for beating waters outright. Whenever Swampert is faced with a water it has to flee due to the threat of Scald, while Seismitoad can stay in and Knock Off their item to cripple them. Furthermore, most of them don't carry Toxic. Suicune, Vaporeon (Heal Bell / Baton Pass are the most common in the fourth slot), opposing Swampert, Tentacruel and Empoleon all usually don't. The Water neutrality that Swampert has is a big disadvantage here. Water Absorb enables Seismitoad to completely shut down the likes of Vappy, and while I agree that Toad can't to much back it can still cripple it and set up SR for free while Swampert can stay in and SR but does so at the risk of considerable damage and a burn. Yeah Toad has no hope to actually beat CroCune, but it can still Knock Off + SR for free. Against opposing regular Swampert Toad wins outright since it outspeeds and can fish for a burn with Scald while Swampert Earthquake does little damage back.

Knock Off here is not used for its damage output. There are several bulky walls who use Knock Off for the specific purpose of crippling other Pokemon (Tentacruel, Gligar, Donphan, Alomomola) and Toad is no different. Seismitoad being vulnerable to Knock Off is not really relevant because as I said I was comparing Seismitoad solely to regular support Swampert. It cripples both equally.

If Swampert is an A rank Pokemon, Seismitoad at the very least deserves B-. There's no C- so it's either B- or C, and Toad's unique abilities are definitely good enough for it to be in B-.

Last edited:

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Alright, I'm going to make changes soon so here's what is being proposed and what the short reasoning is for it:

Mega Swampert to A rank: Does Mega Swampert even need rain to be effective in a battle anymore? The answer is a resounding no.
Donphan to B+ rank: wtf is Donphan doing up in A- right now?
LINDA to B rank: ^
Roserade to B+ rank: IMO, it has fallen out of place since there's so much common stuff in this tier right now that can simply prevent it from performing its roles in battle. That being said, though,
Chesnaught to A- rank: Overall, it's a better spikes setter than Roserade is, more so due to its greater longevity and defensive typing.
Pangoro to B- rank: Last few posts on page 11 explain

Some recent shit I'm also considering:

Seismitoad to B- rank: I agree that Seismitoad has a niche that separates itself from Swampert and its mega. Also hi IronBullet93 o.O
Reuniclus to B+ rank: SPL definitely influenced this one a tiny bit, but its qualities
Quagsire to C rank: I'm not really seeing much out of its Unaware set nowadays, because many of the Physical wallbreakers in this tier are capable of 2hkoing it (Lucario, Krookodile, Machamp-- you name it)
Escavalier to B rank: I think B+ might be overselling it a bit, but its ability to, for a certain extent, tank hits and smash something right back is pretty underrated right now.
Stoutland to B rank: What separates Stoutland apart from Kabutops as a weather sweeper is that it boasts much better overall bulk (yes 85/90 physical bulk > 65/105 physical bulk uninvested), and it's arguably able to put in more work than Kabutops can outside of weather. It's too bad that scarf Ape still outspeeds it if it's not jolly nature :(
Mawile to Unranked: This is definitely debatable, but ugh this thing just seems really damn useless in so many situations

Medicham also needs a rank, even if it is C or D (It's in the same boat as Mawile, just trade "mega stone was banned" for "fell out of favor due to a better mega")

I'm gonna go ahead and nom regular medicham for B/B-. Actually medi's damage output with a LO is actually ridiculous and has a decent speed tier (the same speed tier as Chandelure, so not half bad). It 2hkos/OHKO's almost the entire meta barring Doublade, bulky Psychics (cress, reuni, slowking) very physically defensive Jellicent and Aromatisse (the last 2 are 2hko'd after rocks.) It's a very nice wallbreaker. The downside to it, ofc, is that it's easily revenge killed and is very, very easily worn down (doesnt have regenerator like its friend Mienshao) although I believe a LO set is still the best set for wallbreaking. A scarf set is cool but is probably outclassed by Mienshao in terms of "spamming HJK late game". Some impressive calcs:

252 Atk Life Orb Pure Power Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 216-255 (51.4 - 60.7%) -- 91% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Pure Power Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 220-261 (54.4 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(btw, that's even more damage than LO reckless Mienshao, even though that doesn't exist:
252 Atk Life Orb Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 211-250 (52.2 - 61.8%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Pure Power Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 261-308 (65 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Pure Power Medicham Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 265-312 (69.7 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Pure Power Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 168-199 (41.5 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Pure Power Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 386-456 (124.1 - 146.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Pure Power Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Florges: 172-203 (47.7 - 56.3%) -- 32.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I think Medicham's wallbreaking power is shown. It's really cool to pair with mons that can clean up late game, since Medicham's main niche is breaking through defensive mons. Absol is a great partner for it, as Absol crushes bulky psychics and doesn't like Florges/Aromatisse which are put under huge pressure trying to switch into both Absol and Medicham. I would urge someone looking for a stronk wallbreaker which doesn't take shit from the strongest physical walls to try it out.

Don't miss High Jump Kick and you're golden.

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm also going to add the following to consideration (not just because namehtmas got wrecked by it):

Entei for S rank: This thing is a legit threat in this meta that every single team must prepare for. Sacred fire is really fucking spammable right now (although 8pp sucks) and it's damn annoying to switch into because of how often it burns and the extra chip damage it causes when it burns (add hazard support and that chip damage becomes really hard to deal with). Overall it has multiple opportunities in most battles to sear through opposing teams with Sacred Fire and Espeed alone; dedicated counters to this thing are almost necessary against the Sacred Doge, and even then, those burns are capable of wearing down those counters too.

I can feel that. It def gets free turns with sacred fire and e speed, and its bulk is nothing to scoff at. While its not as easy to slap on as the other s rank mons right now it def is still worthy.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Supporting Entei Nom, also want to say that Mawile needs to be D rank until otherwise noted, as it is a UU mon.
This is incorrect, Mawile is actually currently RU...the tiers shifted just at the beginning of the month so Mawile actually dropped further to RU along with Quag. And yeah remove Mawile, there is no legitimate use for it and it is a globally crappy Pokemon. (as we all know, Mawile is just crappy as hell without its Mega Stone).

Also I'm not seeing why Medicham should be added to the rankings. I mean yeah I get that it hits hard but that's not a good enough reason to use Medicham. Saying that "it 2HKOes/OHKOes everything in the tier!!!" is a terrible reason to say a Pokemon is good or even viable, if that were the case we'd have stuff like Rampardos ranked :/. Anyways while Medicham might be an okay Pokemon on its own the fact of the matter is that it is outclassed despite its raw power. Its Speed is rather disappointing and Medicham simply isn't very bulky-this means Medicham does pretty terribly against offense even if they don't have much that can switch in. Machamp is a bulkier wallbreaker and has the lovely Knock Off to make use of which is totally awesome, and other Fighting-types like Mienshao are faster and have U-turn or something. I mean even if Medicham can be effective, I don't see why I'd want to use it over more rewarding Fighting-types such as Machamp, Lucario, Mienshao, and Infernape tbh. Those calcs are quite impressive but as I said, 2HKOing/OHKOing everything isn't a good enough reason alone to make a Pokemon viable. If Medicham were to be ranked, the best I'd see it in is C Rank, and that's kinda nice to it because Medicham was unseen and wasn't even viable the last time it was legal in 6th Gen UU. That's my opinion though so feel free to disagree.

And lol, put Entei in S Rank.

This is incorrect, Mawile is actually currently RU...the tiers shifted just at the beginning of the month so Mawile actually dropped further to RU along with Quag. And yeah remove Mawile, there is no legitimate use for it and it is a globally crappy Pokemon. (as we all know, Mawile is just crappy as hell without its Mega Stone).

Also I'm not seeing why Medicham should be added to the rankings. I mean yeah I get that it hits hard but that's not a good enough reason to use Medicham. Saying that "it 2HKOes/OHKOes everything in the tier!!!" is a terrible reason to say a Pokemon is good or even viable, if that were the case we'd have stuff like Rampardos ranked :/. Anyways while Medicham might be an okay Pokemon on its own the fact of the matter is that it is outclassed despite its raw power. Its Speed is rather disappointing and Medicham simply isn't very bulky-this means Medicham does pretty terribly against offense even if they don't have much that can switch in. Machamp is a bulkier wallbreaker and has the lovely Knock Off to make use of which is totally awesome, and other Fighting-types like Mienshao are faster and have U-turn or something. I mean even if Medicham can be effective, I don't see why I'd want to use it over more rewarding Fighting-types such as Machamp, Lucario, Mienshao, and Infernape tbh. Those calcs are quite impressive but as I said, 2HKOing/OHKOing everything isn't a good enough reason alone to make a Pokemon viable. If Medicham were to be ranked, the best I'd see it in is C Rank, and that's kinda nice to it because Medicham was unseen and wasn't even viable the last time it was legal in 6th Gen UU. That's my opinion though so feel free to disagree.

And lol, put Entei in S Rank.
The entire reason why I said about Medi is due to the fact that it has to be ranked, similar to Mawile.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Medicham needs to be added because otd uu by usage :/

And I totally support the Entei nom. Its really just an incredible Pokemon that literally nothing enjoys switching in on in fear of burns (not to mention CB Sacred Fire hurts on its own). Also its Extreme Speed is actually capable of cleaning up late-game. Yeah 8 pp sucks and it doesn't have U-turn like every good choice user should but its really just an incredible mon.

I'm gonna go ahead and nom regular medicham for B/B-. Actually medi's damage output with a LO is actually ridiculous and has a decent speed tier (the same speed tier as Chandelure, so not half bad). It 2hkos/OHKO's almost the entire meta barring Doublade, bulky Psychics (cress, reuni, slowking) very physically defensive Jellicent and Aromatisse (the last 2 are 2hko'd after rocks.) It's a very nice wallbreaker. The downside to it, ofc, is that it's easily revenge killed and is very, very easily worn down (doesnt have regenerator like its friend Mienshao) although I believe a LO set is still the best set for wallbreaking. A scarf set is cool but is probably outclassed by Mienshao in terms of "spamming HJK late game". Some impressive calcs:

252 Atk Life Orb Pure Power Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 216-255 (51.4 - 60.7%) -- 91% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Pure Power Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 220-261 (54.4 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(btw, that's even more damage than LO reckless Mienshao, even though that doesn't exist:
252 Atk Life Orb Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 211-250 (52.2 - 61.8%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Pure Power Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 261-308 (65 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Pure Power Medicham Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 265-312 (69.7 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Pure Power Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 168-199 (41.5 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Pure Power Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 386-456 (124.1 - 146.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Pure Power Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Florges: 172-203 (47.7 - 56.3%) -- 32.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I think Medicham's wallbreaking power is shown. It's really cool to pair with mons that can clean up late game, since Medicham's main niche is breaking through defensive mons. Absol is a great partner for it, as Absol crushes bulky psychics and doesn't like Florges/Aromatisse which are put under huge pressure trying to switch into both Absol and Medicham. I would urge someone looking for a stronk wallbreaker which doesn't take shit from the strongest physical walls to try it out.

Don't miss High Jump Kick and you're golden.
OML i support this so fkn hard. Medicham is literally just absurd at wallbreaking lol. Its speedtier is really solid for a wallbreaker, falling just below the likes of Heracross. Its STAB HJK is spammable for obvious reasons, and possession of Fake Out makes its job a whole lot easier. Its bulk isnt totally horrendous, and it can live hits and Nuke back pretty regularly. Definitely deserving of B/B- imo.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
if you guys are so scared of scald you honestly think seismitoad is a "good-" pokemon according to the definition of b rank when you have mega swampert with waaaaaaaayyyyyy better stats you should be banning scald imho

As for medicham im pretty sure 60/75/75 bulk with life orb and hi jump miss /is/ horrendous

Also entei is predictable af and sacred fire needs 50/50s to be good the only people who think its s rank are probably lucky af

Its not just scald. Seismitoad has a wider movepool than Swampert in some aspects so it can file a niche better than Pert sometimes. I find to be more suitable for offense teams, which you know alot about.

if you guys are so scared of scald you honestly think seismitoad is a "good-" pokemon according to the definition of b rank when you have mega swampert with waaaaaaaayyyyyy better stats you should be banning scald imho

As for medicham im pretty sure 60/75/75 bulk with life orb and hi jump miss /is/ horrendous

Also entei is predictable af and sacred fire needs 50/50s to be good the only people who think its s rank are probably lucky af
Even if Entei is predictable, which it is, it doesn't change the fact that you have to switch in something to take a base 115 adamant (because the nature is event locked) STAB fire move, with a 50% chance to burn so it's safe to assume you will get burnt. If it's choice banded, you're gonna be taking even more damage, not to mention base 100 speed, while it is unfortunate that it gets creeped cause it has to run adamant, is still very fast. Hell you can even run an AV set and switch up your moves to catch the opponent off guard. My point is that being predictable does not mean the pokemon is bad, because any skilled player can see a predicted switch and play around it without being "lucky af".

Even if Entei is predictable, which it is, it doesn't change the fact that you have to switch in something to take a base 115 adamant (because the nature is event locked) STAB fire move, with a 50% chance to burn so it's safe to assume you will get burnt. If it's choice banded, you're gonna be taking even more damage, not to mention base 100 speed, while it is unfortunate that it gets creeped cause it has to run adamant, is still very fast. Hell you can even run an AV set and switch up your moves to catch the opponent off guard. My point is that being predictable does not mean the pokemon is bad, because any skilled player can see a predicted switch and play around it without being "lucky af".
please don't talk about av entei, thanks.

Gonna remark on the last sentence here: You cannot ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever use prediction in an argument. Ever. So you predict I'm gonna switch in Diancie (let's pretend Diancite lasted a little longer) with my Lucario in, so you go for the Iron Head? Whoops, I predicted your prediction and stayed in and boosted to +2 on the Iron Head, then +4 on the switch out. GG.

Seriously, there's a few unbreakable rules about Pokemon, and not using prediction in an argument is one of the most ironclad.

Shut the fuck up about your fucking Scald bans. Get a pacifier for your anus if you're that butthurt over it.

In other news, with the drop of Mega-Medicham into UU, I'd definitely say that Celebi and Cresselia should rise a rank right now since they are right now the only two counters to MegaCham that still have viable functions on team builds (and maybe Spiritomb).

Snorlax should also bump up a rank (A-). It's such a good Defensive Pokemon that can be thrown on a lot of different playstyles. It functions similarly to Blissey in the fact that it's a fat-ass special sponge with actual offensive options.

In my opinion, with the rise of Entei in UU, RestTalk Snorlax is arguably the best counter to it right now.

252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Sacred Fire vs. 208 HP / 124 Def Thick Fat Snorlax: 148-175 (28.8 - 34.1%) -- 99% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Flare Blitz vs. 208 HP / 124 Def Thick Fat Snorlax: 178-210 (34.6 - 40.9%) -- 58.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Stone Edge vs. 208 HP / 124 Def Snorlax: 197-232 (38.4 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Snorlax Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Entei: 178-210 (47.9 - 56.6%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO

(NOTE: This is koko's 208 HP / 124 Def / 176 SpDef Careful Snorlax.)

And considering it's running a Careful set, it has the bulk to switch into a shitton of Specially-oriented Pokemons, such as Hydreigons w/out Superpower, Shaymins, Pidgeots, and one of the handful of Pokemon that can deal with SubCM Chandelure.

In conclusion, Snorlax should go up to A- given the current metagame trends.

Furthermore, is it just me, or is A and A- rank a tad bit oversaturated? For one thing, I don't think Infernape is still necessarily an A- material anymore. For another thing, Beedrill-Mega should go up to A+ simply because it's such a good source of chip damage that can combine with other Volt-Turners (Raikou, Crobat, Celebi, Jirachi) to form really strong cores that complement each other in offensive power and defensive typing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)