The Anime / Manga Thread (MK2) | Beware Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Was I the only one who got turned off Aldnoah because of the horrible CGI Mech fights? I mean the MC having the qualities of a brick didn't really help but it would have been OK if not for how jarring the fight sequences looked. In terms of series coming back however, Tokyo Ghoul had the opposite of what Aldnoah had, that first episode was awesome (but felt more like the conclusion to last season than the beginning of the new one)

I thought the OP was good, but then I got to the end of ep 1 and heard the Ending. Suits the Egypt arc so well, smashed out my expectations even for a Jojos OP / ED

Also Death Parade Ep 1 was pretty cool

if you havent already go watch Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. its got my favourite story of anything ive seen (that i can remember), and is pretty much the best horror you're going to get with anime, due to the inherent restrictions of animated horror. season 1 isnt great, but season 2 (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai) is outstanding, and makes for the perfect sequel.

animation quality isnt very good (its studio DEEN 9.9), but everything else is great.

edit: the 3rd and 4th arcs of season 1 are bad, but they're short, so just get past those and you start getting into the really good shit.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
if I was looking to start watching GitS, what exactly should I be watching and in what order?
Stand Alone Complex both seasons (2nd is called SAC 2nd Gig)

I don't like the movies as much as the TV shows but you can watch them mostly whenever you want, there's 1, 2: Innocence, and Solid State Society.

I would recommend Arise (series of OVAs) last even though they are technically prequels because it's cool to see the past stuff after getting to know the characters

So I watched Yatterman. The staff working on it are just a bunch of arbitrary dudes and the director is an anime mirai newbie whose work didn't do so well. How is Yatterman so good?

I also found out today that the Koe no Katachi adaptation is gonna end up as a movie. That's really annoying.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ask rodan, sometimes his shows are like wow this is actually good and then sometimes it's like wow what are you on aboat

coR.

Banned deucer.
Which animes are worth to watch this seasson? I'm following TG2 and Saenai Heroine, and a friend told me about Absolute Duo but I'm not sure :{

ask rodan, sometimes his shows are like wow this is actually good and then sometimes it's like wow what are you on aboat
no no it was like "how is it good? it has no right to be good" because yatterman was good

jeez internets

yeah my list of things to watch is rodan's but minus assclass and plus yurikuma and rolling girls with junketsu no maria as a maybe

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
rail wars is art stfu

ass class/YATTERMAN/jojo/koufuku grafitti/death parade
what are you on about i liked rail wars
no no it was like "how is it good? it has no right to be good" because yatterman was good

jeez internets

yeah my list of things to watch is rodan's but minus assclass and plus yurikuma and rolling girls with junketsu no maria as a maybe
o i see, eh i got kinda bored until basically the very end

Official Indisputable Amine List for the January of 2015 (that's the month of now) In No Particular Order
1. JoeyJoJoJo for it's JoJo you better watch it or else
2. Parasyte for I read the manga so you better watch it or else
3. Yatterman for this better just turn into Gurren Lagann by the end of show or else
4. Death Parade for the 15 year olds will eat this shit up but it's gonna suck if they focus on the waifus and husbandos (this is exactly what will happen) because who honestly gives a shit about these fucking cabaret dirtlords

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Winter is the season for HAREMS son

Absolute Duo, Unlimited Fafnir, Saekano, Seiken Tsukai no World Break, and Shinmai all fulfill my quota. Yuri Kuma because KUMA SHOCK and continuing Shigatsu from Fall. Watching Koufuku in a few days with friend.

I'd be watching Toyko Ghoul 2 and Aldonah Zero 2 but I didn't finish their first seasons soon enough (ended up watching Steins;Gate, Bake/Nisemonogatari, and Oregairu instead).

I request those who watch Shinmai give themselves a tiny flick on the forehead. Worst thing since DxD became popular.

Watch List:
Absolute Duo (pretty mediocre)
Fafnir (learned that you thank people by showing your panties, even more mediocre and could consider it as bad)
World Break (I think this had a great premise with past life memories, some cute and romantic history between the main characters, but they took the annoying sister approach. It could have been so much better)
Dog Days (cute)

Just a mediocre season in general for me. Not even sure if any of these will be worth following to the end.

Death Parade has a decent concept and it looks pretty but the drama in the first episode felt really forced and unnatural and the second episode was a bunch of telling and not showing and spelling every little thing out

excluding sequels, most promising atm is something like Rolling Girls/Assclass/Cinderella Girls/Maria

JJBA part 3 part 2 has been great so far

from reading the manga I know the last batch of fights at the end is really really good too

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
Nothing new has really been impressive, the carry overs from last season mostly nanatsu parasyte and shigatsu are probably what I look forward to watching the most

Samurai champloo though that show owns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)