Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread - Mark 3

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Haven't watched the direct yet but I saw Nintendo tweet about a new Fire Emblem game. As if my wallet wasn't crying in pain already...

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
New Fire Emblem looks great - although getting news about that and still nothing about Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem kinda confirms its vaporware status.

Still don't like S.T.E.A.M. but the amiibo functionality gives it extra points in my book.

Still nothing shown about the new Star Fox . . . guess we'll have to wait until the next E3.

Anyone else super excited for the Monster Hunter announcement? What a surprise that "early 2015" is actually accurate! I don't know if any of you lucky people got demo codes in your email (EU/AUS only for now), but you can now play the demo. Of course, I hate spam in my inbox, so I did not get the code. Regretting the decision not to subscribe to Nintendo Newsletter. :(

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I have some spare EU codes that I am not likely to use if anyone wants some for Monster Hunter.

I have some spare EU codes that I am not likely to use if anyone wants some for Monster Hunter.
Er, would you mind PMing me one? I would be grateful forever!

EDIT: Oh, for those of you in NA, I haven't seen any codes yet. So you can take this chance to sign up for the Nintendo Newsletter before they begin sending!

Last edited:
I am in love with MM3D :toast:. It is such a perfect handheld game, and I find myself utilizing the c-stick constantly to great success. Gyorg fight was awesome. Magic is plentiful enough with the Woodfall upgrade that I honestly don't care about the swimming changes. I'm kind of sad I only have two masks left to collect heading into Stone Tower, though..

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I picked up an N3DSXL on launch day and grabbed Monster Hunter with it. I love the feel of it. The buttons are awesome, the c-stick is great and I use it all the time. It's awesome!

Acklow

That's because the guy who created the AA series was involved in PL vs AA and is involved in this game as well. Apparently there will be multiple witnesses you'll be cross examining as well ala PL vs AA style.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Uh, yeah, of course it's the same creator. I'm talking more about how Wright goes to England to practice law and meets a famous detective.

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
I don't think it feels similar tbh, Takumi is a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes so London makes sense by the moment he decided to use the famous detective.
The jury system was something he clearly wanted to work as well if you look back at Apollo Justice's ending, where Gavin could only be found guilty because of the asspulled jury trial plotted by Phoenix (let's remember that Takumi didn't touch AA5, that's why the game is not so good felt rather standard).

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Majora's Mask New 3DS XL and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D arrived in the mail today sweet merciful crap

EDIT: have to buy a bigger microSD card and a screwdriver to transfer all my data fuckity fuck fuck

Last edited:

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
update: like a fool i selected a full data transfer via wifi instead of pc, it is moving slower than a retarded sloth through molasses and i regret everything

EDIT: after 12 hours it is done ... please learn from my mistakes

Last edited:
We pretty much knew it was coming, but it's nice to be sure. The only real info we got was Summer 2016 on 3DS and Vita (I'll probably play it on Vita unless there's some weird reason otherwise).

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
Actually if I'm not mistaken the developers said for a long time that Zero Escape 3 wouldn't come out anytime soon (after the second game came out) because of financial problems, so pretty happy to see this happening. If you are into VNs but never touched the series, give it a shot.

Acklow

That feel when the 3DS and Vita pre-orders with the bonus watch are all sold out within 10 hours of being posted on Amazon and you find out too late.

Going to be much more aware now since things will explode with the preorder thing again once Gamestop posts the same bonus on their site...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)