The Everything NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
belichick inherited a team that bill parcells made.

bill parcells set up several coaches with sweet setups. the jets, pats, and cowboys come to mind.

Turner's going to a place with a new coaching staff though. We (San Diego) have some talented players, but Norv Turner's got a bad rep as a head coach. We'll find out by the first game against the Bears if the Chargers can keep going where they left off last season.

As a proud bucs fan, allow me to cry myself to sleep.

Or so I would say if I didn't have faith in Jeff Garcia, and word on the street is we may be getting Trotter? The Eagles management must have placed a really large bet on us winning the super bowl or something.

Redskins are my favorite team; they better make the playoffs this year, it's probably gonna be Joe Gibb's last year as head coach. And Al Saunders frickin' SUCKS!!! in washington.

Turner's going to a place with a new coaching staff though. We (San Diego) have some talented players, but Norv Turner's got a bad rep as a head coach. We'll find out by the first game against the Bears if the Chargers can keep going where they left off last season.
chicagos d is only formidable in the nfc

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Redskins are my favorite team; they better make the playoffs this year, it's probably gonna be Joe Gibb's last year as head coach. And Al Saunders frickin' SUCKS!!! in washington.
It was only preseason, but our D looked awesome. The thing that stood out to me was that from 1st to 3rd string, we were aggressive, we flew to the ball, we played with passion and intensity, we were disciplined - things that were lacking last year. I think that carries over into the regular season.

Our offense...didn't look good, but most offenses don't look good in preseason. Also, half our starting O-line didn't play, as well as our Pro Bowl HB.

We may have a slow start, but by midseason we'll be mowing people down just like last year.

Campbell is the real deal. In 3 years he will be the best QB in the NFC East (unless McNabb can miraculously stay healthy and in Philly.) Romo is legit but doesn't have Campbell's upside imo. Manning has had some of the best offensive talent in the NFL and hasn't done much with it. I call bust at this point.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
A fantasy league I'm in with some friends drafted today. We have twelve people with thirteen player slots each (8 active, 5 reserve). We made it so that each person could keep one player from last year's team. I kept Frank Gore and got third pick. Here's what I wound up with:

QB Palmer, Carson
RB Gore, Frank
RB McAllister, Deuce
WR Jackson, Vincent
WR Williams, Roy (Go Lions!)
TE Watson, Benjamin
K Kaeding, Nate
DST Patriots
-----------
QB Pennington, Chad
RB Droughns, Reuben
RB Dunn, Warrick
WR Bennet, Drew
WR Muhammad, Muhsin
You have gold in Palmer and Gore, both should be amazing this year. Deuce is Deuce, and should be a decent number 2. Roy Williams, Patriots D, and Drew Bennet are all solid options. I am not a fan of Dunn, Watson, or Jackson. Getting a more solid #2 WR should be your concern, I'm not sure what the waiver wire looks like but I think you would be able to land a decent WR with more upside than Jackson. Dunn is returning from back surgery and Norwood may steal his thunder, trading him for someone like Adrian Peterson (!) would really solidify the RBs, try to sell Dunn as high as you can. Droughns might be a decent BYE week option but his involvement has yet to be seen. I'm not sure you need Pennington as hes prone to injury and you have Palmer as your main signal caller.

Its an average team and I don't see you setting the world on fire with it, some trades or waiver pickups to shore up the #2 WR, backup RB, and TE would be really beneficial.

Ok, i was away for my fantasy league's draft, so it went automatic for me. I attempted to pre-rank the players but apparently i didn't get too high of a draft pick, although i don't think is horrible.

Tom Brady - NE QB
Shaun Alexander - Sea RB
Laurence Maroney - NE RB
Brandon Jacobs - NYG RB/WR
Donald Driver - GB WR
Braylon Edwards - Cle WR
Alge Crumpler - Atl TE
Josh Brown - Sea K
Vikings Defence

Extremely content with RB and my defence, and im fine with brady as my quarterback. When i saw i had crumpler i was a little worried, but i really don't think he'll have a horrible dropoff. Joey harrington is going to throw it a lot more. Thoughts?

Alright since other people are posting their fantasy teams, I guess it's alright if I do too.

I had 5th pick in an 8 person draft (yeah, they couldn't get any more) with 15 rounds.

QB: Marc Bulger (Stl)
QB: Jay Cutler (Den)
RB: Larry Johnson (KC)
RB: Brian Westbrook (Phi)
RB: Ahman Green (Hou)
RB: Thomas Jones (NYJ)
WR: Marvin Harrison (Ind)
WR: Donald Driver (GB)
WR: Santonio Holmes (Pit)
WR: Lavernues Coles (NYJ)
TE: Tony Gonzalez (KC)
TE: Randy McMichael (Stl)
K: Jeff Wilkins (Stl)
D: Ravens (Bal)
D: Jaguars (Jax)

I wanted to get the Packers as my backup in the last round but some other guy actually picked them.

Any good?

tbh i don't feel confident at all what so ever about your qbs. running back is kind of ify too, jones on jets....and lj's been overworked but they would do fine if they stay away from injuries, etc.

i do like your recieving corps. harrison is year after year always the best wr! the TE's are pretty nice too.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Tom Brady - NE QB
Shaun Alexander - Sea RB
Laurence Maroney - NE RB
Brandon Jacobs - NYG RB/WR
Donald Driver - GB WR
Braylon Edwards - Cle WR
Alge Crumpler - Atl TE
Josh Brown - Sea K
Vikings Defence
Brady is an elite QB and with the addition of a new WR corps he may just break out with really good numbers (not that he doesn't already), but what I really hate is 2 players on the same team, Maroney will have an awesome year since he won't be spliting carries, but the problem with having 2 offensive players on the same team is if you go against a decent defense you might run into problems. However the Pats offense looks to be very good this season and a QB/RB combo is not as bad as a RB/WR combo where they take looks and touches from each other. The WRs might be suspect and look to be your weak point, while they are solid, they don't have huge upside, Edwards with a rookie QB and Driver with the aging Favre. Jacobs will be a monster and your RB strength alone will win you games. Harrington's impact on Crumpler has yet to be seen, and I don't expect too much from him.

Good team, worthy of a playoff spot.

QB: Marc Bulger (Stl)
QB: Jay Cutler (Den)
RB: Larry Johnson (KC)
RB: Brian Westbrook (Phi)
RB: Ahman Green (Hou)
RB: Thomas Jones (NYJ)
WR: Marvin Harrison (Ind)
WR: Donald Driver (GB)
WR: Santonio Holmes (Pit)
WR: Lavernues Coles (NYJ)
TE: Tony Gonzalez (KC)
TE: Randy McMichael (Stl)
K: Jeff Wilkins (Stl)
D: Ravens (Bal)
D: Jaguars (Jax)
Bulger is excellent, Cutler is still unproven so the QBs aren't terrible, but they aren't going to set the world on fire. I am not a fan of LJ, look at what happened to other RBs that were worked, Jamal Lewis comes to mind right away, he hasn't done much since his 2000 yard season, and LJ has an unproven QB, an old O-line, etc. What he does will have to be seen, but I'm just not sold on him. Westbrook has great upside and will perform when healthy, I'm not sold on Green and Jones. Green has had a terrible preseason and the Texans line is still awful. Harrison is great, and the rest of the WRs are solid. TE might be your strong point as both score as much as some WRs, and Gonzo might be the only passing option in KC. Ravens Def is good and Jax is a decent back up. You suffer from having multiple players on the same team and those teams aren't exactly known for having spectacular offenses.

It is a good team, you have elite talent at each position, and most of the backups are solid, but I don't think will provide enough points every week to get you into the playoffs 100%.

Yeah, i was thinking about maroney and brady, but with alexander and brady i am confident. I agree with my recieving corps as i suppose i really dont have a number one reciever but hopefully they wont hinder my great RB's and Brady. Maybe auto-draft wasn't all that horrible.

Yeah, I didn't want LJ coming in to the draft, but him being there with the 5th pick kinda made me pick him.

Jones and Green were mostly for byeweeks. We have to start 2 RBs this year (instead of last year, where it was 1RB/1WR/2flex, so I could just do 1RB/3WR each week because of my team), so I need someone during the bye weeks.

Coles I picked only for the bye week. 2 of my other 3 receivers had the same bye week so I needed another person, I wouldn't have gotten him if I didn't have that problem

While I'm thinking of Green, whatever happened to Domanick Davis?

I had two fantasy football drafts recently. One was an eight man leagues whereas the other was a 12-man league. My teams are as follows:

League 1(8 players): I drafted 4th, but missed the first 4 rds. of the draft
QB's- McNabb, Romo,
RB's-Gore, Maroney, Jacobs, Green(Hou), Jordan
WR's- Chad Johnson, Boldin(sp?), Plexico, Reggie Brown, Branch
TE's- Winslow, L.J. Smith

League 2(12 men): I drafted 3rd
QB's- Vince, Kitna
RB's- Alexander, Jacobs, Norwood, 2 Tennessee Rb's
WR's- Ward, Calvin Johnson, Horn, Glenn, Henderson(NO)
TE's- Gates

In both leagues I drafted 16 players (including def's and kickers). too me, defenses and kickers are irrelevant (unless you have chicago/baltimore), but I have John Kasay in both of my leagues and I drafted Carolina in league 1, and indy and seattle in league 2.

In league 1, we start 1 QB, TE, K, DEF, 2 Rb's, 2 Wr's and 2 RB/WR's

IN league 2, it is ......"..............................." and 3 Wr's

Good read omni

although the phrase 'it's exceedingly possible Joey Harrington isn't a terrible quarterback' certainly threw me off, that is one I will need to see to believe after watching him 'play' in Detroit for so many years.

This was a great thing for me, Leftwhich finally got released, Maybe it has something to do with being a Jags fan, but everyone down here hated him. No way he is worth 5mil.

I had two fantasy football drafts recently. One was an eight man leagues whereas the other was a 12-man league. My teams are as follows:

League 1(8 players): I drafted 4th, but missed the first 4 rds. of the draft
QB's- McNabb, Romo,
RB's-Gore, Maroney, Jacobs, Green(Hou), Jordan
WR's- Chad Johnson, Boldin(sp?), Plexico, Reggie Brown, Branch
TE's- Winslow, L.J. Smith

League 2(12 men): I drafted 3rd
QB's- Vince, Kitna
RB's- Alexander, Jacobs, Norwood, 2 Tennessee Rb's
WR's- Ward, Calvin Johnson, Horn, Glenn, Henderson(NO)
TE's- Gates

In both leagues I drafted 16 players (including def's and kickers). too me, defenses and kickers are irrelevant (unless you have chicago/baltimore), but I have John Kasay in both of my leagues and I drafted Carolina in league 1, and indy and seattle in league 2.

In league 1, we start 1 QB, TE, K, DEF, 2 Rb's, 2 Wr's and 2 RB/WR's

IN league 2, it is ......"..............................." and 3 Wr's
tbh i dislike the 2nd team especially. it's based so much on potential and the hope that no one gets injured or something. it's all really risk at this point tbh. alexander might never be the same, clavin johnson might be a fluke as, ward is solid i guess. glenn can't be assured anything as nothing associated with TO ever will be. vince can do well but kitna lol kitna

Joey Harrington is not a terrible quarterback, Synre, as almost no quarterback who has made it to the big leagues is!

I am pretty psyched up for the NFL season, it is the one thing that will make up if I get shot down by the lady I am asking out haha. I will still be single, but I will also get to watch many extra hours of NFL!

P.S. Norv Turner is a terrible fourth quarter coach...enjoy San Diego fans!

Joey Harrington is not a terrible quarterback, Synre, as almost no quarterback who has made it to the big leagues is!

I am pretty psyched up for the NFL season, it is the one thing that will make up if I get shot down by the lady I am asking out haha. I will still be single, but I will also get to watch many extra hours of NFL!

P.S. Norv Turner is a terrible fourth quarter coach...enjoy San Diego fans!
Ryan Leaf ?

OH yes, about 7 hours away from kickoff. I have Davery Henderson in one of my fantasy leagues, so the Saints on offense will be the only great thing to watch. I'm a panthers fan though, so I'm definitly rooting for the Colts tonight. lol. I might end up going to a party though and might not watch any of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)