Other OU Player of the Week #13: Reverb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverb

World's nicest narcissist
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What are your thoughts on the following quote?

#FINGERSCROSSED: Haunter make Reverb not jewish
#haunter: impossible
#FINGERSCROSSED: ur right, lets leave more for hitler.

EDIT: fingerscrossed is a lying dingus
fingerscrossed is mad because I fucked his sister.
What exactly is a "Pretentious man"?
Do you consider yourself one?
Lastly, what are your thoughts on Wish Killer?
I'm definitely more egotistical than your average person. I have nothing against WK right now. We settled our beef.
Hello frens I have some important questions for you.

Are you black???
How often do you stare at pics of lil manaphy???
Why are you and wcar addicted to pics of young girls?
How did you seduce clone?
Whats your favorite playstyle?
Do you have a mon you put on most of your teams?
How do you feel about ost and spl?
Do you miss no team preview?

I will be satisfied if you answered these.
I'm white, never, that is gross and not even funny, I didn't, balance/bulky offense, Empoleon, cool concepts, and no, it makes me less susceptible to random pokes popping out of nowhere and fucking me over.
1. How long did you have to suck C1one's dick to get this POTW?
2. What are your thoughts of my gf?
3. Describe your views on gays.
4. How hot is lil manaphy on a scale of 1-10?
5. Most underrated XY OU players?
Please, I used my charisma. I'm sure she's nice. One of my best friends IRL is actually gay. In all seriousness, I think LGBT people should have full civil rights. Ask that question again if you want to be infracted. Haunter can actually play pokes. Most people just don't realize. Ox the Box is also better than most people realize.
How does it feel being the first moderator on smogon.com/forums with severe mental disabilities?

Personally I think you are very courageous and I look up to you a lot for starting this movement allowing moderators with mental impairments.
Glad to see that forums ban has made you into a better user.
Do you miss Dallaren?
How do you feel about User: Prankster giving up his mod?
[14:53] #Reverb: i mean the nazi's did some good. e.g. persecuted gays
^ What's with the hate bro? :D
And finally, can you change your stance on Geopass as all my ladder teams rely on it as I am garbage.
It'd be nice to see him again. I shouldn't publicly comment on this matter. That last quote is not real. And no.
Hey, Reverb :]

What's your fav gen and why? (in game and competitive)

If you were able to give a mon a mega what would it be?

Onto a more serious question, what is you thought process when weighing risks and rewards when making big plays and is there any "advanced" tips you would share on this topic?

Also since we never got to teambuilding before school screwed up our tutoring sessions, what do you look for specifically when trying to support a core or mon your building around?

Thanks in advance n_n
I like generation 2 in-game because you got to earn 16 badges. Also, the graphics were ridiculous for a Pokemon Gameboy Color game at that time. Competitively, I prefer this gen for previously stated reasons. I'd give Slaking a mega evolution and make its ability Scrappy. In terms of risk versus reward, you need to think if the potential payoff is worth the risk, also factoring in the likelihood of each scenario. I also tend to take more risks versus stronger players. I prefer to let weaker players beat themselves. For teambuilding, I'd check out the OU cores thread. You really just need to look at Pokemon that checks each others weaknesses (for defensive cores) and sweep what walls the other (for offensive cores).

how many infractions did you hand out from this thread by the time u got to my post?
why is gross borked af?
why is sableye not borked af?
why does this replay of me beating u not work?
how did u become such a successful user? :o
Zero, although Passion is really pushing it. Both of them are borked af, I just only put Gross because I think it's even more borked. It just sweeps with ease and Mega Sableye stops you from setting up hazards, plus it can set up without fearing status moves. If that battle happened before the server crash, it's gone forever. Finally, I honestly think I just know how be professional. If you're able to build relationships with co-workers and demonstrate value, you'll do well.

Last edited:
Nice interview reverb and clone good read. Clone keep doing good interviews. Anyway just a couple questions from a relative newb like myself

0. Aside from empleon do you have any other favourite pokemon?
1. am i the worst player in OU? and if so why? (joke question)
2. wy do people keep making jokes of you and lil manaphy if i may ask? Seems more annoying then funny from my view but I could wrong.

3. On more serious question what tips wouldyou give to players transitioning from earlier gens to the current one?

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
AM has a small penis.
You're quite the genius when it comes to my personal anatomy. Bravo.
  • In all seriousness though is there a reason when you ladder you use the same team for weeks on end? Is it just for consistency reasons, coincidence when I see you ladder, or preference?
  • When do you decide to switch up teams and does it have to do when a team loses consistency or is just for trying out different archetypes and different cores?
  • Are there any list of underrated Pokemons that you feel are effective that are even less out there than Empoleon or Conkeldurr, perhaps even ones that see very little usage at all?
  • Do you generally build your own teams from scratch or just gather ideas, teams, and cores from others?
  • If your answer pertains to building yourself, what's your general thought process in building besides the obvious of handling relevant threats and archetypes?
  • People can be pretty opinionated on this aspect at times but what are your general thoughts on Shadow Tag?

Last edited:
  • Why? Discuss
  • Is there any accept of the meta ATM that you think is overcentralizing?
  • What was the first team you ever made? Could you show me?
  • Which pokemon in S rank least deserves it?
  • Who is your most used SR setter?
  • AM has a small penis
    Is this true? If so how do you know? Is this thread rated PG for the 12 year olds that come here?
  • Why does everyone think you begged to be POTW? Do you have a history of doing that? Are their accusations founded? Are they true? Did the chicken come before the egg?

Thanks if you answer these.

Reverb

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
why don't you play in tournaments more, they seem to suit your competitive nature

asking seriously
Because I'm also kind of lazy/busy. I've been doing more tours lately, however.
Why did you get picked for POTW, instead of a good player who has done notable things?
I'm a good player when I'm not tilt-testing. As far as notable, I think I have enough notoriety to warrant being the thirteenth interview.
Nice interview reverb and clone good read. Clone keep doing good interviews. Anyway just a couple questions from a relative newb like myself

0. Aside from empleon do you have any other favourite pokemon?
1. am i the worst player in OU? and if so why? (joke question)
2. wy do people keep making jokes of you and lil manaphy if i may ask? Seems more annoying then funny from my view but I could wrong.

3. On more serious question what tips wouldyou give to players transitioning from earlier gens to the current one?
I use Lando-T a lot because it checks a number of offensive threats, is immune to Volt Switch, and had U-turn. I doubt you are, and, even if that were the case, you could always improve. I make fun of a lot of people, and this is their idea of revenge. It's nbd though, just stupid. For players transitioning gens, be wary that Pokes that were previously viable may no longer be. Also, don't get discouraged if you're having trouble adjusting.
You're quite the genius when it comes to my personal anatomy. Bravo.
  • In all seriousness though is there a reason when you ladder you use the same team for weeks on end? Is it just for consistency reasons, coincidence when I see you ladder, or preference?
  • When do you decide to switch up teams and does it have to do when a team loses consistency or is just for trying out different archetypes and different cores?
  • Are there any list of underrated Pokemons that you feel are effective that are even less out there than Empoleon or Conkeldurr, perhaps even ones that see very little usage at all?
  • Do you generally build your own teams from scratch or just gather ideas, teams, and cores from others?
  • If your answer pertains to building yourself, what's your general thought process in building besides the obvious of handling relevant threats and archetypes?
  • People can be pretty opinionated on this aspect at times but what are your general thoughts on Shadow Tag?
I like to see how potent a particular team is over a period of time. I change teams for both of the reasons stated. I think Alomomola is an excellent wall that should see more usage. I used to build teams from scratch, but I often don't have the time to build a really good team. Often, I'll get teams from Squirrel. and fingerscrossed and modify them to fit my play style. When I do build, however, I like to make sure I have some good stall breakers; I hate losing to stall. I wouldn't mind a suspect test on shadow tag. It definitely takes some skill out of the game.
Is there a Renoun, Readjective, or a Readverb?
There's Redew.
  • Why? Discuss
  • Is there any accept of the meta ATM that you think is overcentralizing?
  • What was the first team you ever made? Could you show me?
  • Which pokemon in S rank least deserves it?
  • Who is your most used SR setter?
  • Is this true? If so how do you know? Is this thread rated PG for the 12 year olds that come here?
  • Why does everyone think you begged to be POTW? Do you have a history of doing that? Are their accusations founded? Are they true? Did the chicken come before the egg?
Thanks if you answer these.
I think Mega Sableye is over-centralizing; you really can't play around it. The first team I ever made was prolly some crappy DP team. I don't have a copy with me, but I'm sure it sucked. I think Lopunny is least deserving since it's item-restricted and checked by a number of common Pokes. I always run rocks on Empoleon, so Empoleon. AM's entire demeanor screams "small dick." Smogon is for ages 13 and up. 12 year olds shouldn't be here. Most people are being facetious. Besides, begging is not an effective way to get what you want.

Last edited:

leremyju

Banned deucer.
So if begging generally isn't effective how were you able to do it so successfully?

What team will you run against me in SPLC farm? Shoudl I expect balanced featuring an empoleon built to survive my fucking Landorus EQs?

Last edited:
What kind of music do you listen to / enjoy? Artists, bands, songs, albums, genres, whatever?

Thoughts on Cacnea?

How would you buff Hail, so that it would be more viable in OP?

Which is your favourite fossil Pokemon (viability aside, just personal flavour)?

What are your thoughts on Alakzam-M?

When you ladder and reach high-up, do you experience tilt-o-phobia (fear of tilt) or are you not crazy like me?

What motivates you to ladder again if you got haxed/lost a bunch to the point of losing yourself?

Most underrated mega(s) of ORAS, in you opinion.

Should I not let Pokemon get to me and whiten my hairs- in other words, should I play for fun?

Vanilla or Chocolate?

Are you an early bird/rooster/etc or night owl?

Is standard > innovation in terms of teambuilding and effectiveness or vice versa and why?

:]

•Thoughts on Hoopa-Unbound?

•If you were to let anything down from Ubers, whether it be to fulfill what sadistic fantasies you have or if you just want it there for the sake of wanting it there, who would it be?

•What in your opinion is really anti-meta atm?

Last edited:

Reverb

So if begging generally isn't effective how were you able to do it so successfully?

What team will you run against me in SPLC farm? Shoudl I expect balanced featuring an empoleon built to survive my fucking Landorus EQs?
Pls...and idk.

What kind of music do you listen to / enjoy? Artists, bands, songs, albums, genres, whatever?

Thoughts on Cacnea?
I listen to a lot of rap, but also other genres. Lil Wayne, 2 Chainz, Rae Sremmurd, Drake, Kendrick, etc. Also, listen to some rock. I like Stone Temple Pilots (when they had Scott Weiland), Guns N' Roses, U2, etc.
How would you buff Hail, so that it would be more viable in OP?

Which is your favourite fossil Pokemon (viability aside, just personal flavour)?

What are your thoughts on Alakzam-M?
Not sure lol. I like Kabutops, he goes hard in the paint. Alakazam-M seems overrated to me, especially considering all the strong new megas.
When you ladder and reach high-up, do you experience tilt-o-phobia (fear of tilt) or are you not crazy like me?

What motivates you to ladder again if you got haxed/lost a bunch to the point of losing yourself?

Most underrated mega(s) of ORAS, in you opinion.

Should I not let Pokemon get to me and whiten my hairs- in other words, should I play for fun?

Vanilla or Chocolate?

Are you an early bird/rooster/etc or night owl?

Is standard > innovation in terms of teambuilding and effectiveness or vice versa and why?

:]
I don't really care about my ladder score, so no. In fact, I'm usually just fucking around. I like playing. Mega Gallade is very good, it should see more usage. You should, but also try to win, because winning is fun. I depends on my mood. I'm a night owl, but I'll be up in the early hours of the morning because I legit didn't go to bed yet. I'd say standard sets are standard for a reason, but every once in a while an innovation really changes up the game; there's no clear answer.
•Thoughts on Hoopa-Unbound?

•If you were to let anything down from Ubers, whether it be to fulfill what sadistic fantasies you have or if you just want it there for the sake of wanting it there, who would it be?

•What in your opinion is really anti-meta atm?
I don't know enough about Hoopa-Unbound to have a strong opinion. It seems intriguing, though. I'd probably bring back Aegislash, since it's a fun Pokemon to use. CB Ttar.

Also, before I forget s/o Kevin Garrett who was my OU tutor back in 2009. "He takes risks and they pay off."

Also, I play poker (someone wanted me to mention this).

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
I'm definitely more egotistical than your average person.
can confirm 10000x. On a scale from Jimbo to tele, how egotistical do you think you are? Follow-up: How much has this AMA boosted your ego?

Knowing that you started playing around DPP, what have your experiences been with venturing into prior generation competitive pokemon, if any exist?

I last recall that you were interested in politics, freestyling, and you were a ski instructor at one point. Have your hobbies changed much since then?

You're an old fart. When do you see yourself saying fk this shit to competitive mons?

Reverb

can confirm 10000x. On a scale from Jimbo to tele, how egotistical do you think you are? Follow-up: How much has this AMA boosted your ego?

Knowing that you started playing around DPP, what have your experiences been with venturing into prior generation competitive pokemon, if any exist?

I last recall that you were interested in politics, freestyling, and you were a ski instructor at one point. Have your hobbies changed much since then?

You're an old fart. When do you see yourself saying fk this shit to competitive mons?
Probably a 7 out of 10. I really like myself; I think that's a good thing. At the same time, it's important to treat others with respect. This hasn't really boosted my ego, but it was fun. Seeing people playing DPP is weird for me. After all, most of the meta had Latias and Salamence. This current meta is something else entirely. I am interested in politics, albeit there's a certain level of vacuity there. I also freestyle ski, yes (jumps, rails, and moguls). I am no longer an instructor. I figured five years was enough. Moreover, I'm going to be getting a full time job in a few months, since I'll be graduating college. I have no idea. I tend to stick with things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)