Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Illusio

Bold and Brash
Ok I really want to get another scramble with 6 mons and I want other mons for my Y scramble.
Rules:
Medium difficulty
Needs a Tympole
A starter would be nice
Nothing too tedious please

Last edited:
Alright, Ranger Dave, you get NotGrass the Flabébé. Even though it is pure Fairy, it desperately wants to be the Grass-type it so obviously is. So it refuses to use Fairy-type attacks; all damaging moves it knows must be either Grass-type or Nature Power. It must also hold either a Miracle Seed or a Meadow Plate at all times. Finally, it also cannot evolve until it learns Grassy Terrain at level 24. As a Floette, if Grassy Terrain is not active when it is battling, it must immediately re-activate it; how else is it going to become Grass-type other than always being on grass?

When you reach Coumarine City, NotGrass shows its intention to battle Ramos, so that it can better learn the ways of Grass Pokemon. So, it must solo him. Also, it may not take part in any Team Flare battles in the Power Plant or Team Flare HQ, because Grass is weak to Fire and Flying (both of which they use often).

Sadly, Floette is a Fairy-type and not a Grass-type, and after the ultimate weapon is destroyed, NotGrass comes to learn to love its Fairy typing. So it may now learn Moonblast (but may not forget the Grass attack!) and can evolve into Florges. It then must solo Siebold, to show that it doesn't need to have STAB to wreck things with Grass moves.

Tell me if this is too easy or too hard, and I can adjust it accordingly. Happy scrambling!

Ranger Dave, take Wollywog the Tympole.

After being cut from my N Challenge team due to challenge restrictions, Wollywog is not happy. He must learn Frustration ASAP, must keep Frustration as his only non-STAB damaging move, and cannot evolve into Palpitoad until it is learned. Because my Smogon avatar is a Psyduck and Psyduck is Water/Psychic, Wollywog must solo all Water and Psychic types not already soloed by someone else, and must solo Olympia to evolve into Seismitoad. Finally, he wants to destroy the two Pokemon I use to powerlevel other Pokemon in my own Y version. Thus, he must solo both Yveltal and all Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox encountered.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Ranger Dave, take Wollywog the Tympole.

After being cut from my N Challenge team due to challenge restrictions, Wollywog is not happy. He must learn Frustration ASAP, must keep Frustration as his only non-STAB damaging move, and cannot evolve into Palpitoad until it is learned. Because my Smogon avatar is a Psyduck and Psyduck is Water/Psychic, Wollywog must solo all Water and Psychic types not already soloed by someone else, and must solo Olympia to evolve into Seismitoad. Finally, he wants to destroy the two Pokemon I use to powerlevel other Pokemon in my own Y version. Thus, he must solo both Yveltal and all Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox encountered.
I don't usually post here... But just saying Psyduck is not Water/Psychic... It's just water.

OK, Darth, since it looks like you have a full team of earlygame mons at this point, you get Angel the Absol (preferably female). Angel is actually an angel in training, on a quest to achieve enlightenment and earn her wings. She joins your team to learn the ways of the world. She does not believe in fighting hand-to-hand; she only wants to use the supernatural abilities bestowed upon her by Arceus. Despite this, however, she honours the warrior's code of honour, which dictates that underhanded and devious tactics shall not be used. Finally, Angel believes that to achieve nirvana, she must be free of all artificial influences that may corrupt her soul.

Unfortunately, it is impossible for Angel to earn her wings, because this is Emerald and so Mega Evolution doesn't exist. Angel never gives up hope, though; once your party reaches the final hurdles, she goes on to defeat all other Pokemon that wish to earn the secret of Mega Evolution, to prove once and for all to the higher powers that she deserves a Mega. At last, in the battle against Steven, she transcends her physical form and goes on to the next world...

Now to put that into actual rules:
-Female Absol named Angel (can be Male if you have Absol-utely bad luck with genders and the 5% chance)
-Can only use Special attacks
-Cannot use status moves or moves with guaranteed extra effects (To clarify, Ice Beam and Fire blast are fine but Thief and Taunt are not)
-Cannot have items used on her other than Berries, and cannot hold items other than Berries
-Must solo all Pokemon that have Megas in the E4 that are not already taken by another solo.
-Against Steven's Metagross, must defeat both it and itself with Perish Song. Perish Song is the one exception to the no-status-moves rule.
-If possible, when the Scramble is completed, transfer Angel up to a 6th generation game to Mega Evolve her and complete her journey.

If it's too easy or too hard, I can tweak the restrictions.

OK, Darth, since it looks like you have a full team of earlygame mons at this point, you get Angel the Absol (preferably female). Angel is actually an angel in training, on a quest to achieve enlightenment and earn her wings. She joins your team to learn the ways of the world. She does not believe in fighting hand-to-hand; she only wants to use the supernatural abilities bestowed upon her by Arceus. Despite this, however, she honours the warrior's code of honour, which dictates that underhanded and devious tactics shall not be used. Finally, Angel believes that to achieve nirvana, she must be free of all artificial influences that may corrupt her soul.

Unfortunately, it is impossible for Angel to earn her wings, because this is Emerald and so Mega Evolution doesn't exist. Angel never gives up hope, though; once your party reaches the final hurdles, she goes on to defeat all other Pokemon that wish to earn the secret of Mega Evolution, to prove once and for all to the higher powers that she deserves a Mega. At last, in the battle against Steven, she transcends her physical form and goes on to the next world...

Now to put that into actual rules:
-Female Absol named Angel (can be Male if you have Absol-utely bad luck with genders and the 5% chance)
-Can only use Special attacks
-Cannot use status moves or moves with guaranteed extra effects (To clarify, Ice Beam and Fire blast are fine but Thief and Taunt are not)
-Cannot have items used on her other than Berries, and cannot hold items other than Berries
-Must solo all Pokemon that have Megas in the E4 that are not already taken by another solo.
-Against Steven's Metagross, must defeat both it and itself with Perish Song. Perish Song is the one exception to the no-status-moves rule.
-If possible, when the Scramble is completed, transfer Angel up to a 6th generation game to Mega Evolve her and complete her journey.

If it's too easy or too hard, I can tweak the restrictions.
Awesome. Thanks for the contributions everyone, I'll start updating soon!

OK! Time to start my Emerald scramble!

team:
Emerald (Treecko)
-Solo every Gym Leader and Elite 4 Pokemon not in ORAS.
-Solo Juan.
-Must deliver final blow to Rayquaza.

Ryu (Nincada)
-No restrictions as Nincada, but can't evolve until after Brawly
-Can't evolve until Lv. 25
-Discard Ninjask
-Can only be sent out against opponents that can't hit it
-Swords Dance until it will OHKO
-Must solo a Meditite in Brawly's Gym
-If I fail to OHKO anything, I have to buy and toss the best PokeBall available
-Must solo one of Wallace's Pokemon

Rufus (Gulpin)
-Solo all yellow Pokemon
-Evolve after soloing 20 yellow Pokemon
-Must solo 3 of Glacia's Pokemon
-Must always know two Poison type Moves

Lucy (Oddish)
-Solo everyone on Route 110
-Solo 2 Mauville Gym trainers
-Solo first Tabitha fight
-Evolve only after Tabitha solo
-Spread poison until Norman
-Evolve into Vileplume
-Spread poison again afterwards

Joe (Zigzagoon)
-Use Growl first turn
-Solo Winstrates to evolve

Angel (Absol)
-Must be female
-Only use special attacks
-Can't use moves with guaranteed effects
-Can't use items except berries
-Solo all potential mega evolutions.
-Use perish song to beat Steven's Metagross.

Ep. 1

I wake up and hear Prof. Birch say,"Are you a girl? Or are you a boy?"
I pick boy and name myself Scrambl.
I go into my room, set the clock, and withdraw a Potion.
I go to May's house and listen to her blab about nothing for a few seconds.
I leave and enter Route 101 and pick Treecko.
I save Prof. Birch and receive Emerald the Treecko.
I go to Route 103 and beat May.
I head back and receive the PokeBalls and Pokedex.
I catch Joe the Zigzagoon.
I grind to level 8.
I proceed to Petalburg city and help Wally catch Ralts.
I head towards Route 104 and get stopped by Scott.
I go into Petalburg woods and save the Devon Researcher.
I leave Petalburg Woods.
I head into Rustboro city.
I heal my Pokemon and save the game.

Ep. 2

I train to level 12.
I challenge Roxanne, hoping to solo her with Emerald.
I lose.
I head to route whatever the one is that leads to Rusturf tunnel.
I train and catch Ryu the Nincada.
Emerald evolves.
I head into the Gym.
I solo the two Geodudes with Emerald.
Ryu beats Nosepass with Sand Attack spam.
I obtain the Stone Badge.

Last edited:
Going to do a Pokemon Y Scramble Challange. Would like some 'mons for it, please. Medium difficulty preferred. I can trade, and please no Marill/Azumarill.

Last edited:
Going to do a Pokemon Y Scramble Challange. Would like some 'mons for it, please. Medium difficulty preferred.
Can you trade? If so, what games do you have to trade from? I'm asking because I have an idea for a mon, but it would need to be traded in from BW2 or ORAS. If you can't trade, I'll think up something else.

Yes, I can trade from Omega Ruby. Don't own BW or BW2.
All right. Trade Koffee the Koffing over from OR.

Koffee, as his name hints, loves coffee. No Pokemon Center healing or PC healing for him; they don't allow coffee there. You must use any level of Potion (Potion, Super Potion, Hyper Potion, Max Potion, Full Restore) instead to heal him. Because the coffee capital of Kalos is Lumiose City, solo Clemont to evolve. Finally, Koffee's favorite coffee is from Lysandre Cafe and he really wants to meet Lysandre himself; solo all three Lysandre fights.

If this is too easy or too hard, I'll modify it for you!

All right. Trade Koffee the Koffing over from OR.

Koffee, as his name hints, loves coffee. No Pokemon Center healing or PC healing for him; they don't allow coffee there. You must use any level of Potion (Potion, Super Potion, Hyper Potion, Max Potion, Full Restore) instead to heal him. Because the coffee capital of Kalos is Lumiose City, solo Clemont to evolve. Finally, Koffee's favorite coffee is from Lysandre Cafe and he really wants to meet Lysandre himself; solo all three Lysandre fights.

If this is too easy or too hard, I'll modify it for you!
Accepted, thanks. Small thing, though, how do I heal the rest of my team without healing Koffee? Don't think I'll have enough money for that many potions and ethers lol.

Going to do a Pokemon Y Scramble Challange. Would like some 'mons for it, please. Medium difficulty preferred. I can trade, and please no Marill/Azumarill.
I give you Misogynist or Misandrist the Espurr. Catch the first Espurr you find, if it's male name it Misogynist and if it's female name it Misandrist.

Misogynist the Espurr always had a feeling that the male gender was superior, and what better way to prove it than to put down the other gender? Misogynist loves to put down women and will only face off against female gendered pokemon. Losing to a female would be a huge blow to his ego, if that were to ever happen Misogynist would spiral into a deep depression and would have to miss out on the next Gym Battle. Misogynist refuses to be partnered up with a female pokemon in double battles because he doesn't like useless teammates. To prove that Mars is better than Venus, Misogynist must land the final blow in a battle against Malva, Feminist Female Figurehead of the Elite Four.

Misandrist knows that all men are disgusting pigs and rapists. She has taken it upon herself to correct womankind and eliminate all men. Misandrist can only face off against filthy male gendered pokemon. If she were to ever be beat by a man, Misandrist would file an offense claim, keeping her busy during the next Gym Battle. Because all men are criminals, she would not want to dirty her hands by being paired up with one in battle, she would not stoop that low. In order save aspiring women from falling into the clutches of manipulative jerks, Misandrist must deliver the finishing blow in a battle against Wilkstrom, the self-entitled piece of shit from the Elite Four.

I give you Misogynist or Misandrist the Espurr. Catch the first Espurr you find, if it's male name it Misogynist and if it's female name it Misandrist.

Misogynist the Espurr always had a feeling that the male gender was superior, and what better way to prove it than to put down the other gender? Misogynist loves to put down women and will only face off against female gendered pokemon. Losing to a female would be a huge blow to his ego, if that were to ever happen Misogynist would spiral into a deep depression and would have to miss out on the next Gym Battle. Misogynist refuses to be partnered up with a female pokemon in double battles because he doesn't like useless teammates. To prove that Mars is better than Venus, Misogynist must land the final blow in a battle against Malva, Feminist Female Figurehead of the Elite Four.

Misandrist knows that all men are disgusting pigs and rapists. She has taken it upon herself to correct womankind and eliminate all men. Misandrist can only face off against filthy male gendered pokemon. If she were to ever be beat by a man, Misandrist would file an offense claim, keeping her busy during the next Gym Battle. Because all men are criminals, she would not want to dirty her hands by being paired up with one in battle, she would not stoop that low. In order save aspiring women from falling into the clutches of manipulative jerks, Misandrist must deliver the finishing blow in a battle against Wilkstrom, the self-entitled piece of shit from the Elite Four.
Accepted, thanks. 4 more to go.

Accepted, thanks. Small thing, though, how do I heal the rest of my team without healing Koffee? Don't think I'll have enough money for that many potions and ethers lol.
You can heal his PP at the Pokemon Center; you just have to use potions to heal his HP. That's part of the challenge.

Ranger Dave
Take a Pancham and name it Technique. Technique believes in technique over brute force, and so it can only ever have one direct damage dealing move on its moveset at any give time. If it ends up having more than one direct damage dealing move (for example, right after capture), you must select one of them to be the one you can use. The others may not be used and must be deleted or replaced with non-damage dealing moves as soon as possible.

Srs Bisnis
Take a Klefki and name it Force. Force believes that brute force is the best way to complete any battle, and that technique is mere flash. As such, it can only ever have 1 move that doesn't deal direct damage on its moveset. If it ends up having more than one move that doesn't deal direct damage (for example, right after capture), you must select one of them to be the one you can use. The others may not be used, and must be deleted or replaced with a move that deals direct damage as soon as possible.

I might be feeling a little lazy tonight. Enjoy your mirror image Pokemon guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)