5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey Guys. Haven't RNG'd in quite sometime but just tried again this morning and during the calibration phase I can't seemingly get a seed to pop up in the parameters search. Using an English Black 1 cartridge, 3DSXL and have my clock synched up. Not sure why I can't get any seeds to pop up?
The 9.x update to the 3DS changed a lot of things with the parameters, and the RNG apps haven't been updated to default searching in the new most likely ranges.

Just increase the search ranges for Timer0 and VFrame (possibly VCount too although I don't think so), and remember that your expected "calibrated second" will (most likely) be around 5–7 now, rather than 7–9.

The NPCs move the same way for a given seed. The amount they advance the frame varies with the seed so there's no way to tell ahead of time how many they'll advance it. One way you can tell how many advances they do for your seed is to hit your seed, bring up the menu immediately, sweet scent and capture the Pokemon, then figure out what frame you hit (ie find your shifted starting frame--SSF). From there re-hit your seed and adjust the Chatot calls accordingly to get your Pokemon.

Yes, it's normal to have so many Timer0s. You can't control which one you get, but just try to be consistent at when you start your game from the DS menu.
Ok, I followed your advice and i get a starting frame of 71. So i have to do 211-71= 140 advancements with chatot.
I did this but I got a female relaxed level 10 magby first, on frame 212 (one frame more, my target is 211) , and a second time a female bashful level 10 koffing, on frame 214.
So, there is something that disturbs the starting frame, because i missed it for 1 or 3 frames.. but because of what?
My starter is a shiny pidove and i'm on virbank complex.. and i followed the second line on black2 encounter table (the first line is for the entrance of virbank right?)..
Virbank Complex:
Magby 10 Magnemite 10 Patrat 10 Koffing 10 Growlithe 11 Growlithe 13 Magby 12 Magnemite 12 Patrat 12 Koffing 12 Patrat 13 Koffing 13
i haven't released any roamer because i've just beginning the game..

There aren't any roamers in BW2 anyway.
oh, really? however i've solved my problem.. sometimes the starting frame was 71 and sometimes it was 74, i had fortune..

another question: what is the utility of pandora's box in 5th gen, if i can obtain all combinations of nature/ivs??

.com

Grumpy old man
oh, really? however i've solved my problem.. sometimes the starting frame was 71 and sometimes it was 74, i had fortune..

another question: what is the utility of pandora's box in 5th gen, if i can obtain all combinations of nature/ivs??
Also allows you to find reasonable frames for shiny roaming Pokémon (which can be a bit of a pain in the ass without a good TID/SID due to the difficulty in trial and error, and length of time involved for each reset).

Hello:

I was considering RNG'ing the Enigma Stone Event Latios in my HG, but the desired spread of 29/0/31/31/31/31 Timid could not be found. Is it possible that this spread does not exist with this nature? If that is the case, is the Latios in pokemon Black 2 (found in dreamyard) RNGable?

.com

Grumpy old man
Hello:

I was considering RNG'ing the Enigma Stone Event Latios in my HG, but the desired spread of 29/0/31/31/31/31 Timid could not be found. Is it possible that this spread does not exist with this nature? If that is the case, is the Latios in pokemon Black 2 (found in dreamyard) RNGable?
IV spread doesn't exist in gen 4 with Timid nature.
However 29/x/31/31/31/31, for x = 2,18,21,23,26 do exist if you'd be ok with any of those.
(Although any further questions on this would be better suited to the Gen 4 help thread.)

If not, the Latios in Black 2 is RNGable.

IV spread doesn't exist in gen 4 with Timid nature.
However 29/x/31/31/31/31, for x = 2,18,21,23,26 do exist if you'd be ok with any of those.
(Although any further questions on this would be better suited to the Gen 4 help thread.)

If not, the Latios in Black 2 is RNGable.

Thank you for the reply.

From my understanding, the PID and the IV's are generated separately in B2/W2, meaning more nature + IV combinations are possible than in Gen IV, correct? Therefore it's more than likely that my desired spread of Timid 29/0/31/31/31/31 is possible in B2. Is there a way to check if this spread exists similar to how I was using PokeRNG for the Gen IV spreads? Also, what method would the Dreamyard Latios fall under?

.com

Grumpy old man
Thank you for the reply.

From my understanding, the PID and the IV's are generated separately in B2/W2, meaning more nature + IV combinations are possible than in Gen IV, correct? Therefore it's more than likely that my desired spread of Timid 29/0/31/31/31/31 is possible in B2. Is there a way to check if this spread exists similar to how I was using PokeRNG for the Gen IV spreads? Also, what method would the Dreamyard Latios fall under?
All IV spreads are possible (every combination comes up) with every nature (IVs are generated separately, so you can find a matching IV Frame and advance through the natures as desired).

The method should be 'stationary' IIRC.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's a stationary as .com said, just make sure you save one step before challenging it, as the last step automatically triggers the battle.

Hmm, for some reason my computer will not download the latest version of RNG reporter because "the current version or newer versions of Microsfot NET have already been downloaded to this computer" or something like that.. Any way around this?

.com

Grumpy old man
Hmm, for some reason my computer will not download the latest version of RNG reporter because "the current version or newer versions of Microsfot NET have already been downloaded to this computer" or something like that.. Any way around this?
Are you sure you're not trying to download the .NET framework rather than RNG Reporter (found here)?

hi im using rng reporter 9.96.6 beta .and im trying to find my ds parameters and it gives nothing.ive tried about 20 times now.im using a dsi and pokemon black. ive rnged many times before using this cartridge and dsi .just trying to rng again.is this a bug ?

Attachments

.com

Grumpy old man
hi im using rng reporter 9.96.6 beta .and im trying to find my ds parameters and it gives nothing.ive tried about 20 times now.im using a dsi and pokemon black. ive rnged many times before using this cartridge and dsi .just trying to rng again.is this a bug ?
My search showed:
Time: 19:11:32
VCount: 87
VFrame: 6
Timer0: 12F0.

I think you just didn't give a large enough Timer0 interval (12F0 > 12D0).

oh i dnt know i just kept it as the reporter suggested when filling out the ds type etc.
what range do you suggest?
Edit: i tried timer0 range 1100-1400 but not a single result.
but if i tick soft reset option and search i get few seeds.but none of the initial pidrng frames matches the pokemons nature encounter slot etc for that seed.so the seeds i get are not the ones i hit

edit 2:okay so i now get 1 seed but only when i increase the time range.the timer0 is 123c i remember using this value last time i rnged.only wierd thing is the actual seconds shows 45 secs while i started my game on my dsi in 30 secs

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
oh i dnt know i just kept it as the reporter suggested when filling out the ds type etc.
what range do you suggest?
Edit: i tried timer0 range 1100-1400 but not a single result.
but if i tick soft reset option and search i get few seeds.but none of the initial pidrng frames matches the pokemons nature encounter slot etc for that seed.so the seeds i get are not the ones i hit

edit 2:okay so i now get 1 seed but only when i increase the time range.the timer0 is 123c i remember using this value last time i rnged.only wierd thing is the actual seconds shows 45 secs while i started my game on my dsi in 30 secs
I'm gonna go as far as to say there is no chance that that is your actual seed (Re. "edit 2"). There's no way your game takes 15 seconds to boot from button press.

The results I posted above were from me having entered your information into my own parameter searcher, so I'd suggest using ranges around the ones I posted there (2 seconds from button press to boot is pretty much average for DSi, so there's a reasonable chance that's your parameters).

So I want to RNG a shiny timid 5 IV Thundurus with HP Ice, and I found this spread: 31/6/30/31/31/31 with this seed: 9040EE999F622BFA on frame 698 (when it is set to roamers) but frame 695 when it is set to "wild pokemon". So pretty much I want to TID/SID Abuse so that I can hit this seed and get my desired pokemon, I'm just not exactly sure what to put into Pandora's box. I know that you put the seed where it says "Seed" (duh) but when it says frame, I'm not sure whether to put 698 or 695, and if I'm supposed to put anything in the "PID" section, as I do want a shiny pokemon. Thanks so much :D

Also, I calibrated with PPRNG, so I am not sure how exactly to find the GxStat (I have pokemon white)

.com

Grumpy old man
So I want to RNG a shiny timid 5 IV Thundurus with HP Ice, and I found this spread: 31/6/30/31/31/31 with this seed: 9040EE999F622BFA on frame 698 (when it is set to roamers) but frame 695 when it is set to "wild pokemon". So pretty much I want to TID/SID Abuse so that I can hit this seed and get my desired pokemon, I'm just not exactly sure what to put into Pandora's box. I know that you put the seed where it says "Seed" (duh) but when it says frame, I'm not sure whether to put 698 or 695, and if I'm supposed to put anything in the "PID" section, as I do want a shiny pokemon. Thanks so much :D

Also, I calibrated with PPRNG, so I am not sure how exactly to find the GxStat (I have pokemon white)
GxStat = 6 if you're hard-resetting (i.e. not pressing {L}+{R}+{Start | Select}).

You can just tick PID (and none of the others) and enter the one for the frame you're looking for (0de21e33). If you want a specific TID, you can tick that and search for that too.

.com

Grumpy old man
Great! Thx! So that means for whatever seed I hit, frame 698 (or 695 depending on what I put in) will be shiny? Also, I'm really not sure what number I put into the PID section, (698 or 695) I am looking for the pokemon in this video (described in the description)

so does that mean that frame 698 (If I choose that) will always be shiny regardless of what seed I hit? Also, what did you mean by "(0de21e33)"?

Moderator edit: Don't double post.
0de21e33 was the PID for a Timid nature on frame 695 (the one I was assuming you were aiming for). I didn't check 698 (or if I did I've forgotten).

Basically, you enter that number in the PID slot in Pandora's box (checking that checkbox, and no others). You can leave everything else blank if you choose, or you can pick a novelty/aesthetic TID (in which case, tick the TID checkbox too).

Sweet! That works out great! So after I TID Abuse from the results and beat the elite 4, I'm not quite sure on what I should do next to find the seed I should hit. As in, what should I put into Time Finder. (Sorry for all the questions)
(I understand that you need to encounter all weather before hand, go into the house on route 7 after the guy on route 10 tells you about it, then talk to the lady in the house, and save right before you exit the house, so that when you open it up again to RNG, you just do your advances and go outside. right?)

.com

Grumpy old man
Sweet! That works out great! So after I TID Abuse from the results and beat the elite 4, I'm not quite sure on what I should do next to find the seed I should hit. As in, what should I put into Time Finder. (Sorry for all the questions)
(I understand that you need to encounter all weather before hand, go into the house on route 7 after the guy on route 10 tells you about it, then talk to the lady in the house, and save right before you exit the house, so that when you open it up again to RNG, you just do your advances and go outside. right?)
This is all covered in the guide for roamers. Please read all of that before asking questions, as ~99% of them will be covered in it.

Sorry, I think I worded that wrong, what I meant to convey was that I wasn't sure how to find the seed and time for a specific PID (and PID Frame)

.com

Grumpy old man
Sorry, I think I worded that wrong, what I meant to convey was that I wasn't sure how to find the seed and time for a specific PID (and PID Frame)
Wait, you didn't search for that seed yourself? Read the guide, it explains how to find seeds yourself, since (due to the parameters involved in Gen 5 RNG) not every seed is viable to hit for every cartridge/console set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)