Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I want to capture my own shiny Latios in SS with hp fire. I know that there's one with 31|31|30|30|31|30 but I was told that the attack is too high? I can't remember what the reason was. Some other possible spreads that I've found include: 30|16|31|30|31|30 HP Fire 70 and 30|18|31|30|31|30 HP Fire 70 though I'm sure that there are others that I've missed. What is the best possible spread for HP Fire 70? Or should I aim for a spread which has HP Fire 68 or something? Please help.
It's for the non event one.
As far as the attack goes, the person was probably referring about getting the lowest possible attack IV to minimize confusion damage (which you should do since you don't want to lower your Def IV with the first spread since it can be flawless.)

I'm assuming you want a Timid spread, correct? The best Method 1 spread (Roamers in HGSS are generated my Method 1, not Method K) for Timid HP fire is 31/4/31/30/31/30. The base power is 68 with that spread in previous generations, but that is irrelevant in Gen VI due to HP's power being set at 60.

As far as the attack goes, the person was probably referring about getting the lowest possible attack IV to minimize confusion damage (which you should do since you don't want to lower your Def IV with the first spread since it can be flawless.)

I'm assuming you want a Timid spread, correct? The best Method 1 spread (Roamers in HGSS are generated my Method 1, not Method K) for Timid HP fire is 31/4/31/30/31/30. The base power is 68 with that spread in previous generations, but that is irrelevant in Gen VI due to HP's power being set at 60.
Yes I was after a timid one. I'll go for the spread you mentioned then, thanks. Moon ball Latios here I come!

I'm going to be resetting my dimond version and doing a run for RNGing shiney legends. Any1 know of a good seed pair for modest/bold 5 iv pokes?

EDIT:

I decided to reset my plat as well and am using a 31/14/31/31/31/31 bold/timid spread for plat and
31/26/31/31/31/31 modest/calm spread for dimond. Yes I know 26 attack IV is terrible for confusion/foul play damage.

Last edited:
I want to catch a Shiny Unown in HGSS, but I wanted it to be the A letter Unown. Do the formes depend on encounter slots and/or PID, and is there any way to know which forme I'm gonna get without trial and error?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I want to catch a Shiny Unown in HGSS, but I wanted it to be the A letter Unown. Do the formes depend on encounter slots and/or PID, and is there any way to know which forme I'm gonna get without trial and error?
Forme depends on PID.
Computation of shape from PID discussed here.

Edit:
Oh... Well I suppose that explains why I failed guessing which one would come up a while back... I figured I just forgot how to math. Apologies for the misdirection.

Edit 2:
EDIT: scratch that, I screwed up with the Unown I.
Well don't do that... >_<

Last edited:
Forme depends on PID.
Computation of shape from PID discussed here.
Actually, I think that only applies to Gen III. According to bulbapedia, from Gen IV onwards forme is dependant on a separate "forme variable". I tested this by using a seed that gives a Shiny Pokémon at two different frames, both with the same PID of C5EE7CF6 but different encounter slots. Encounter slot 0 gave me Unown J and encounter slot 6 gave Unown I. I wonder if there's some way to view this forme variable before actually hitting the seed

EDIT: scratch that, I screwed up with the Unown I.

Last edited:
Question, is there a way to switch wild methods in Emerald?

I was dumb enough to go for a non-synchronized frame (synch giving you more options...oops) and now, whatever I do, I hit the H-4 version of the spread I'm looking for. I'll probably start over and use a synchronized frame next time, but since this spread took FOREVER (12,9 billion frames if I'm not mistaken) I much rather get it now.

The spread I was going for is 0/31/0/2/24/31 Lonely (lol), but I get 0/18/18/2/24/31 instead. =/ I tried saving multiple times. I tried going into battle, I even tried using a syncher, but none of it helps. =X

Edit: I like to mention that I did use a Synch method for a different Pokemon (Feebas in a Dive Ball with all possible Ribbons. <3) and I had the same issue, but when I saved the game, it did work, the method switched back to H-2.

Hi all, I'm new to RNG reporter, though I'm very familiar with PPRNG. I want to RNG my TID in Heart Gold but I don't know where to start. I read the online guide but it has a lot of information I do not need as I am RNGing for aesthetic purposes only and do not care about obtaining shinies (though Rayquaza would be nice).

In short, I want to RNG and ID of 12005, I don't care what the SID is, I don't care about what spreads are Shiny (unless it's easy to get a suitable spread for Rayquaza, if not then forget it). The guide starts with the assumption that the user wants shiny spreads and will choose an ID accordingly. How do I go about doing this backwards, starting with the desired ID?

Edit: figured it out and got my ID, sorry for wasting your time.

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm new to RNG reporter, though I'm very familiar with PPRNG. I want to RNG my TID in Heart Gold but I don't know where to start. I read the online guide but it has a lot of information I do not need as I am RNGing for aesthetic purposes only and do not care about obtaining shinies (though Rayquaza would be nice).

In short, I want to RNG and ID of 12005, I don't care what the SID is, I don't care about what spreads are Shiny (unless it's easy to get a suitable spread for Rayquaza, if not then forget it). The guide starts with the assumption that the user wants shiny spreads and will choose an ID accordingly. How do I go about doing this backwards, starting with the desired ID?
I've never RNG'ed gen 4, but the process should be similar to, if not exactly like, gen 5 TID abuse.

On the main screen of Reporter, click on "4th Gen Tools" and then "Pandora's Box" - the screen that now pops up should have 3 main columns. You want the middle one. Input your desired TID, in this case 12005, along with your desired year and range of delay and click "Find Compatible Seeds" and that should do it.

EDIT:
Oops, forgot to finish what I was trying to say.
I also realize I've forgotten what to do here, guess that what happens when you haven't RNG'ed in about a year...
I figure the on-site guide should be able to take over from here.
I'm and idiot, so don't pay attention to me...

Yay for being useless!

Last edited:
I've never RNG'ed gen 4, but the process should be similar to, if not exactly like, gen 5 TID abuse.

On the main screen of Reporter, click on "4th Gen Tools" and then "Pandora's Box" - the screen that now pops up should have 3 main columns. You want the middle one. Input your desired TID, in this case 12005, along with your desired year and range of delay and click "Find Compatible Seeds" and that should do it.

EDIT:
Oops, forgot to finish what I was trying to say.
I also realize I've forgotten what to do here, guess that what happens when you haven't RNG'ed in about a year...
I figure the on-site guide should be able to take over from here.
I'm and idiot, so don't pay attention to me...
Thanks for the help, but you must have been posting at the same time I was editing. I figured it out so no big deal, thanks for trying though :)

Having some problems with getting back into HGSS rng. For some reason, I seem to be consistently off by usually 2 seconds and can't hit my seed at all. And it seems to be a HGSS only problem too, I rnged my pearl's id not too long ago and I easily managed to consistently hit the time and then the actual seed on my diamond, so I feel like it's not an eontimer/3ds/dsi issue. My only possible guess is that WNPCs are screwing up seed to time's call search, but I doubt it.

Are Unown in FRLG to unpredictable to RNG? I was hoping to find out before I go on this endeavor to RNG them all. I've noticed a pattern where the first four and last four digits of the Hex PID swap. I'm having trouble pinpointing where exactly I am in the RNG Frame.

Are Unown in FRLG to unpredictable to RNG? I was hoping to find out before I go on this endeavor to RNG them all. I've noticed a pattern where the first four and last four digits of the Hex PID swap. I'm having trouble pinpointing where exactly I am in the RNG Frame.
I don't know if it helps, but what I do to pinpoint my RNG is play the game until Snorlax (or as far as needed to get the Pokemon you want), save the game and then make a savestate at the start of the game (with Chari/Saur), then press A. Make another savestate and Encounter Snorlax and check the frame with PokeRNG. If it's anywhere close to the frame I want to hit, I go back to that savestate and fly to where I want to catch the Pokemon and if I don't, I go back to the first savestate and advance by one, save it and do it again. You'll eventually find a close enough frame to hit (but it's random though).

As for Unowns. I'm not entirely sure. It's a project I've been meaning to RNG for quite a while. Do you have specific letters or Hidden Powers you want to do? There are some things I need to test, but some PIDS will obviously trigger a specific letter if they can (you can't trigger letter "x" if you're in a room who doesn't have that letter).

I don't know if it helps, but what I do to pinpoint my RNG is play the game until Snorlax (or as far as needed to get the Pokemon you want), save the game and then make a savestate at the start of the game (with Chari/Saur), then press A. Make another savestate and Encounter Snorlax and check the frame with PokeRNG. If it's anywhere close to the frame I want to hit, I go back to that savestate and fly to where I want to catch the Pokemon and if I don't, I go back to the first savestate and advance by one, save it and do it again. You'll eventually find a close enough frame to hit (but it's random though).

As for Unowns. I'm not entirely sure. It's a project I've been meaning to RNG for quite a while. Do you have specific letters or Hidden Powers you want to do? There are some things I need to test, but some PIDS will obviously trigger a specific letter if they can (you can't trigger letter "x" if you're in a room who doesn't have that letter).

I would like to start by saying it's not worth it.
Seriously, quit now and go RNG it on 4th gen where it's easier.
If you really need Unown for your next great Emerald Battle Frontier team and you're already familiar with FR/LG RNG abuse, fine, here's how I did it:

Step 1 is the easy part, generate a bunch of method 1 spreads with the IVs you want (ignore nature, we'll get to that next).
Step 2 is more annoying, go through the spreads and figure out the new nature it will get when the upper and lower halves of the PID swap, if you've got a program to do this or even one that can find BACD method spreads go ahead, otherwise open your favourite calculator program and get to work, do this until you find one with the nature you want (Adamant, Docile, and Gentle are all very good natures for something that is already as useless as Unown).
Step 3 is the most important one, figure out what Form the PID results in, once again you can use a program to do this, but a calculator and notepad works fine too. An important note about this step, from my small experience the link has ? and ! Unowns mixed up, they also seem to appear much less frequently than the normal letter forms, so I would avoid any spreads that result in either of them.
Step 4* is probably the most time consuming, grab your Sweet Scent slave, go to the correct chamber for the Form you got in step three, and get close to your target method 1 frame (this depends a bit on the mon you use for Sweet Scent, but with Oddish I've found ~300 away to be a good place to start, assuming no frame skipping).
Step 5* is the most annoying, check every frame until your target spread is past your Sweet Scent delay (~260 for Oddish), you might encounter your target or you might not, I have no idea how the RNG decides which spreads it likes, other than skipping any that don't work for the location you're in.
Step 6, brag about how much time you wasted RNGing a useless Pokemon on an emulator!

*For steps 4+5 doing a "trial run" by editing the current RNG seed in the memory can save a lot of time waiting for a spread that might not even work, but this isn't really RNGing and Pokemon obtained from this method can't be traded here on Smogon.

Don't ask me any questions about how to do this, if you're still having trouble go back and read the first two spoilers.

I would like to start by saying it's not worth it.
Seriously, quit now and go RNG it on 4th gen where it's easier.
If you really need Unown for your next great Emerald Battle Frontier team and you're already familiar with FR/LG RNG abuse, fine, here's how I did it:

Step 1 is the easy part, generate a bunch of method 1 spreads with the IVs you want (ignore nature, we'll get to that next).
Step 2 is more annoying, go through the spreads and figure out the new nature it will get when the upper and lower halves of the PID swap, if you've got a program to do this or even one that can find BACD method spreads go ahead, otherwise open your favourite calculator program and get to work, do this until you find one with the nature you want (Adamant, Docile, and Gentle are all very good natures for something that is already as useless as Unown).
Step 3 is the most important one, figure out what Form the PID results in, once again you can use a program to do this, but a calculator and notepad works fine too. An important note about this step, from my small experience the link has ? and ! Unowns mixed up, they also seem to appear much less frequently than the normal letter forms, so I would avoid any spreads that result in either of them.
Step 4* is probably the most time consuming, grab your Sweet Scent slave, go to the correct chamber for the Form you got in step three, and get close to your target method 1 frame (this depends a bit on the mon you use for Sweet Scent, but with Oddish I've found ~300 away to be a good place to start, assuming no frame skipping).
Step 5* is the most annoying, check every frame until your target spread is past your Sweet Scent delay (~260 for Oddish), you might encounter your target or you might not, I have no idea how the RNG decides which spreads it likes, other than skipping any that don't work for the location you're in.
Step 6, brag about how much time you wasted RNGing a useless Pokemon on an emulator!

*For steps 4+5 doing a "trial run" by editing the current RNG seed in the memory can save a lot of time waiting for a spread that might not even work, but this isn't really RNGing and Pokemon obtained from this method can't be traded here on Smogon.

Don't ask me any questions about how to do this, if you're still having trouble go back and read the first two spoilers.
Oh wow, thanks for the reply! Having spend half a day on Unown already and realising it wouldn't work the way I thought it would, I decided I'll eventually RNG them on 4th gen like you're saying. And lol, editing the seed sounds like ram hacking. Obviously not allowed.

For something completely different though. I wish I knew how method H-4 is triggered in Emerald. I've been able to catch myself a Naive hex flawless Wailmer, but whenever I try to RNG the Snorunt, I ALWAYS get method H-2, no matter what I do (saving, fishing, checking the Pokedex, leaving and entering the area etc etc). I doubt even resetting the file and waiting again would work. x_X

I have a clarification I'd like to ask about. When RNGing a TID/SID combo in HGSS, do I click A for the second timer when I select "No Info Needed" after spamming A to get to the screen or do I wait during the main startup sequence to press A when the second timer finishes (I am using the EonTimer).

The reason I ask this is because normally one would press A at the end of the second timer for Gen IV RNGs when pressing A to continue. However, this is not available when TID/SID RNGing.

Thank you for your time.

I have a clarification I'd like to ask about. When RNGing a TID/SID combo in HGSS, do I click A for the second timer when I select "No Info Needed" after spamming A to get to the screen or do I wait during the main startup sequence to press A when the second timer finishes (I am using the EonTimer).

The reason I ask this is because normally one would press A at the end of the second timer for Gen IV RNGs when pressing A to continue. However, this is not available when TID/SID RNGing.

Thank you for your time.
You stop at the screen when prof Oak says "I'll see you later!" then click A when the second timer ends. So pick a seed with delay of 5000 +

Last edited:
This is what I got with my first attempt of RNGing my TID/SID combo:

What are you trying to capture\hatch? TID/SID of 04440/41508

What is your target seed and frame? 600F13A9 is the seed. I am unsure of frame.

What is the delay of that seed?

How did you verify your seed? Pandora's Box Seed Finder

If you tried and failed, what results did you get?

Seed: 600F1411
ID: 41438
SID: 39948
Delay: 5125
Seconds: 30

Is it normal to have such a high difference between delays?

This is what I got with my first attempt of RNGing my TID/SID combo:

What are you trying to capture\hatch? TID/SID of 04440/41508

What is your target seed and frame? 600F13A9 is the seed. I am unsure of frame.
What is the delay of that seed? 5021

How did you verify your seed? Pandora's Box Seed Finder

If you tried and failed, what results did you get?

Seed: 600F1411
ID: 41438
SID: 39948
Delay: 5125
Seconds: 30

Is it normal to have such a high difference between delays?
First few hits usually have a large difference, just update your timer and you should be good. Most of the time you won't hit your seed first try, it usually takes several.

What are you trying to capture\hatch? 31/31/31/31/31/31 Modest Kyogre (should be shiny with my TID/SID combo)

What is your target seed and frame? Did not get to frame advancements, working on hitting my seed (Hex: 0A01082E)

What is the delay of that seed? 2079

How did you verify your seed? Searching Roamers

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? When using the standard 490 calibrated delay for HGSS, I consistently hit delay 2023. After updating the EonTimer when I hit 2023, I could not hit any delays within range, even after expanding the delay range from +50/-50 to +200/-200. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

What are you trying to capture\hatch? 31/31/31/31/31/31 Modest Kyogre (should be shiny with my TID/SID combo)

What is your target seed and frame? Did not get to frame advancements, working on hitting my seed (Hex: 0A01082E)

What is the delay of that seed? 2079

How did you verify your seed? Searching Roamers

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? When using the standard 490 calibrated delay for HGSS, I consistently hit delay 2023. After updating the EonTimer when I hit 2023, I could not hit any delays within range, even after expanding the delay range from +50/-50 to +200/-200. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Catch Kyogre and figure out the seed you are hitting after updating eontimer.

Catch Kyogre and figure out the seed you are hitting after updating eontimer.
What are you trying to capture\hatch? 31/31/31/31/31/31 Modest Kyogre

What is your target seed and frame? 790B0827 and frame 29

What is the delay of that seed? 2073

How did you verify your seed? Roamers

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? Seed 740B0827 with delay 2073 (time difference was 5 seconds)

I was able to hit the correct delay, but was off 5 seconds for the time compared to the one I should've gotten. How would I go about fixing this problem (I am using a DSiXL if that helps)?

(Note that I did change my target seeds to see if that yielded different results)

What are you trying to capture\hatch? 31/31/31/31/31/31 Modest Kyogre

What is your target seed and frame? 790B0827 and frame 29

What is the delay of that seed? 2073

How did you verify your seed? Roamers

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? Seed 740B0827 with delay 2073 (time difference was 5 seconds)

I was able to hit the correct delay, but was off 5 seconds for the time compared to the one I should've gotten. How would I go about fixing this problem (I am using a DSiXL if that helps)?

(Note that I did change my target seeds to see if that yielded different results)
In the seed to time tab, set both seconds to 0, and both delays to 9999 then click generate. Once done calibrating, you can set delays to 20, always leave seconds in 0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)