Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge: 2.0

Seraphinu Events you say? Here are two of them!
  1. You can't use evolved Pokemon in Team Galactic's building in Eterna City.
  2. When in Hearthome Gym, all of your Pokemon are under the effect of Torment.

So, this looks like a pretty fun way to spice up pokemon, and I could really use that right now since I'm getting pretty tired of playing competitively.

Anyway I'll be playing Pokemon Diamond and I'm looking for two rules and three events, nothing way too hard since this is my first shot at it, but I'd like a challenge so its interesting.

Thanks Brock Obama

Rule Challenge:
The Republicans have blocked your health care bill, so Pokemon centers are expensive as all hell! You have to pay (by buying and tossing) the equivalent of 5 of the highest level Pokeball (only counting Poke, Great and Ultra for this) you can buy every time you use a Pokemon Center. To close the loophole of PC usage, every Pokemon withdrawal costs 2 of the highest level Pokeballs you can buy. Whiting out costs the same as using a Pokemon center too, and using reusable healing NPCs and beds the story doesn't force on you costs the same as using a Pokemon Center per a use (this does not count NPC partners)

Event Challenge:
You must KO Cheryl's Chansey before attacking opposing Pokemon when traveling through Eterna Forest with her. And she'll still heal your Pokemon for free for some reason.

Last edited:

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks Brock Obama

Rule Challenge: No one Pokemon may know more than one HM. :)

Event Challenge: One of your Pokemon on the team you use to beat the Elite Four must have been hatched from an egg and solo at least one E4 Pokemon.

Deinosaur
Jimera0

Huh, put in the diamond cartridge and apparently it's broken :/

I'll still keep those game rules, I have to say they sound like a lot of fun, but now I need to decide between Pokemon White, Pokemon X, and Pokemon Omega Ruby.

Anyway though, what exactly do I do when I start? Do I keep a log here to detail the adventure or just keep it to myself? I'm fine with either.

EDIT: Nevermind, just had to blow on the cartridge

Last edited:

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks Brock Obama - you can do either! You can post it and we will all read and enjoy, or you can simply leave an update like "I've just beaten the fourth gym."

Good luck with the game that you choose!

This seems fun enough.

I want to do a Pokemon Sapphire Gauntlet.
On a scale from one to ten, the difficulty shall be 6.6654694108.
That means, hard enough to be interesting, but not too hard to the point where it's just hours and hours of grinding.
I want three rule challenges and five event challenges.

Rule challenges:
1. At any given time your party can only contain a maximum of two fully evolved Pokemon(Pokemon that do not evolve, such as Seviper, do not count towards this limit)
Seraphinu
2. Whenever you receive/buy a TM, flip a coin. If it lands tails, the TM is defective and must be tossed.
Naix
3. You must play in set play style. Simple, I know, but it actually does add a lot to a challenge.
Jimera0

Event challenges:

1. You know how there's a bed and a PC in the Weather Institute? Yeah, those are both off-limits until Team Aqua's dealt with.
Naix
2. Defeat Roxanne without using your starter Pokemon.
Jimera0
3. The "boss" pokemon of two gyms of your choice(Norman's Slaking and Flannery's Torkoal for example) must be taken out entirely with passive damage via moves like Toxic and Leech Seed.
Thanks Brock Obama
4. At some point in the game you must solo a Team Aqua Admin with a pokemon that has gained no experience since its been caught, and has had no TM or HM moves taught to it.
Thanks Brock Obama
5. When you set foot in Team Aqua's hideout, you may not leave for any reason until Team Aqua has been dealt with. Furthermore, Team Aqua has developed a special type of machine that amplifies the move Embargo, making it so you cannot use items.
lucariomaster2

Last edited:
DarthMagikarp85

I have a rule challenge for you!

At any given time your party can only contain a maximum of two fully evolved Pokemon(Pokemon that do not evolve, such as Seviper, do not count towards this limit)

Last edited:
DarthMagikarp85 Here's one of each type of challenge:

Rule Challenge: Whenever you receive/buy a TM, flip a coin. If it lands tails, the TM is defective and must be tossed.

Event Challenge: You know how there's a bed and a PC in the Weather Institute? Yeah, those are both off-limits until Team Aqua's dealt with.

DarthMagikarp85
Hot damn you're taking on a lot of challenge runs at once. You sure you're not going to overload?

Well in any case, might as well throw a couple down for you.

Rule Challenge: You must play in set play style. Simple, I know, but it actually does add a lot to a challenge.

Event Challenge: Defeat Roxanne without using your starter Pokemon.

Alright DarthMagikarp85, I'm gonna suggest a couple events

1. The "boss" pokemon of two gyms of your choice(Norman's Slaking and Flannery's Torkoal for example) must be taken out entirely with passive damage via moves like Toxic and Leech Seed.

2. At some point in the game you must solo a Team Aqua Admin with a pokemon that has gained no experience since its been caught, and has had no TM or HM moves taught to it.

Seraphinu

Event challenges:
-Candice's gym is really cool. So cool, in fact, that the fires are snuffed out and the fighters can't concentrate. You may not use any Fire or Fighting moves or Pokemon while in her gym.
-While in the E4, the highest-leveled Pokemon on your team cannot battle at all; if it is your last Pokemon remaining, you must spam Status moves until you die. If a Pokemon becomes the highest-leveled in battle, it must switch out immediately and may not be used until it is no longer the strongest.

Thanks Brock Obama
Event challenge:
-Cynthia's Garchomp must be soloed by an NFE Pokemon. This cannot be the same Pokemon that hatches from the Egg.

DarthMagikarp85
Event challenge: When you set foot in Team Aqua's hideout, you may not leave for any reason until Team Aqua has been dealt with. Furthermore, Team Aqua has developed a special type of machine that amplifies the move Embargo, making it so you cannot use items.

Dat Leaf Green gauntlet tho
Medium-Hard difficulty, challenge me but nothing insane.
Things I don't like: Perma death, Evolution restrictions, Excessive grinding, trading
Things I do like: Being able to have a STAB move for each pokemon's type, being able to catch pokemon regardless of encounter # in a route

Rule challenges
1. Your Pokemon cannot hold items of any sort
2. Must flip coin every time item is used in battle, if Heads it is used as normal, but if tails you cannot use said item for the rest of the battle.
3. Use 7 Pokemon instead of 6, keeping each one at a relatively equal level.

Event Challenges
1. You must defeat Erika with pokemon that are weak to the grass type
2. You can only use the healing bed/a Pokemon Center once when in Silph Co.

Kthnx

Last edited:
sunny004

Rule Challenge: Your Pokemon may not use hold items of any sort.
Event Challenge: You must defeat Erika using only Pokemon with weaknesses to grass.

Good luck!

Also, DarthMagikarp85 you must catch Kyogre, but you are not allowed to use the Master Ball. Furthermore, you must only use types that are weak to the water type, and if those pokemon faint you must restart battle.

(This is an event challenge)

Last edited:
sunny004

Rule Challenge: Your team must consist of 7 Pokemon (not counting HM slaves) by the end.

Event Challenge: You can only use the healing bed/a Pokemon Center once when in Silph Co.

Also, 5 Event Challenges have already been submitted to Darthmagikarp85's Gauntlet, sonny sunny. Seraphinu could use another Event Challenge, though. And the difficulty of the Challenge you submitted is really high on the difficulty scale.

Last edited:
sunny004

Rule Challenge: Your Pokemon are a bit finicky about you using items on them for some reason, so each time you try to use an item on them in battle, you must flip a coin. If heads, you can use that item. If Tails, you cannot use that item for the remainder of the battle. You must flip a coin each time you wish to use an item in battle even if you were successful with that item in a previous turn.

Seraphinu here's another event challenge:

Team Galactic's newest innovation in technology is a pokemon restricter, where only pokemon that have been given clearance are allowed in. They have set up this restricter along their buildings (Eterna and Veilstone, Valley Windworks isn't one of their actual buildings), and each Commander + Boss has been given a personal restricter for them.

However, it isn't perfect, and Ghost-types are able to bypass it. Therefore, you are only allowed to use ghost type pokemon inside team galactic's buildings and when fighting each commander/boss.

Also, Naix I don't understand that rule challenge. Please clarify!

sunny004 Basically, you know how most casual Pokemon gamers use teams of 6 Pokemon (such as Pidgeot/Lapras/Zapdos/Nidoking/Venomoth/Omastar), typically raised in a generally equal manner? Well, add another Pokemon to the mix (Hypno for example) and keep the seven of them relatively close in level to each other (naturally switching the team members around to prevent anyone from being underleveled). That's basically what I had in mind when I submitted the Challenge.

tl;dr Instead of raising 6 Pokemon in your quest to become the champion, raise 7 instead, depositing and withdrawing members whenever the one in the PC is falling behind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)