Noble Items

Snowball would definitely improve Kyurem-Black, and possible shove it over the border, but having played Stat Switch (Where Kyurem-Black swapped its Attack for its Special Defense, and this would be a bigger boost!) and seen how insanely hard to kill it was, that was just a lolnope thing, since it would retain its awesome Attack here. Snowball for Ice Return is at least an all-out offense plan that denies Scarf because item slot, making it fairly predictable and a lot more answerable -and in fact since Snowball has no damage boost one could argue Kyurem-Black would rather run Specs Ice Beam, or maybe even Life Orb Ice Beam. Or Scarfed Ice Beam. Whereas "hi I'm unkillable and ultra-lethal" is... eugh.

Well, other than being horrified by your entry on Luck Incense, which I already did, I don't think I have anything to add. I assume we're going to another type-themed set, and I don't really care about order.

I'm not really feeling ghoul king's nuggets, mostly because I feel trapping mechanics are unhealthy for the game. Since it is an unseen item, it's possible to slap this on to any setup sweeper and catch an unsuspecting wall by surprise. It doesn't even have to be a great sweeper, just something that won't die to what it catches. Three dragon dances later you sweep the team. Now perhaps it would me a more obvious ploy than that, and your opponent could see it coming and switch to another pokemon causing you to spend your one shot. Still, the pokemon is trapped for three turns during which you can VERY easily switch to a counter and kill it. At the very least this would need the amendment of ending the trap if the fling user switches out.

Love the idea of spending PP for damage. I even considered it myself. I think most pokemon would prefer a life orb over the small nugget, but I could see some pokemon slapping on the large nugget and attempting a quick sweep/wall break. Some moves are costly though, such as the four uses on Earthquake, and you REALLY can't afford the misses on a two shot Hydro Pump. In this case the highest accuracy move would probably be preferred unless you have another proper setup sweeper for when your the wall breaker is spent.

Little bit afraid of Snaquaza's relic gold. My first thought was "put it on all the special walls", but thinking even more, put it on ALL the walls. How often will the pokemon hitting you not have an item? Unless receiving it knocks out the item they were already holding? At the very least It'd be great on wish passers, as they'd already have protect to take advantage of the recovery.

Also: WHERE IS YOUR ARCEUS NOW?

Hawlucha @ SilverPowder
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Fire Punch/Thunder Punch/Poison Jab
- Swords Dance

More silly though:

Crobat@SilverPowder
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Modest Nature
Sludgebomb
Heat Wave
Hidden Power Ground/Ice
Nasty Plot

I'm not really feeling ghoul king's nuggets, mostly because I feel trapping mechanics are unhealthy for the game. Since it is an unseen item, it's possible to slap this on to any setup sweeper and catch an unsuspecting wall by surprise. It doesn't even have to be a great sweeper, just something that won't die to what it catches. Three dragon dances later you sweep the team. Now perhaps it would me a more obvious ploy than that, and your opponent could see it coming and switch to another pokemon causing you to spend your one shot. Still, the pokemon is trapped for three turns during which you can VERY easily switch to a counter and kill it. At the very least this would need the amendment of ending the trap if the fling user switches out.
I'd just like to clarify that the trapping effect lasting for three turns includes the turn it's used. (Yes I know that's confusing and nonsensical, since trapping doesn't prevent mid-turn changes) My intent was that you'd get two turns for free. But yeah, potentially very powerful.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
The voting phase has ended!

Nugget | Boosts a Pokemon's Special Defense by 30%. Fire-type attack consumes it. (by the someone)
Big Nugget | Boosts a Pokemon's Special Defense by 50%, but lowers Speed by 33%. Fire-type attack turns it into Nugget. (by the someone)
Relic Gold | When held by Regirock, Registeel, Regice, or Regigigas, the holder's defenses are increased by 50%. (by Ghoul King)
Luck Incense | Tie between Ghoul King and Snaquaza (again). Which submission is better in your opinion and why?
Amulet Coin | On the first turn being sent in, the holder's moves have perfect accuracy. (by Chaoswalker)

New Items for Submission:
(Note: Please try and do all if possible. Thank you.)
Draco Plate
Dragon Fang
King's Rock
Dragon Scale (you can make this as widespread or niche as you want)

Draco Plate
Grass-, Fire-, Water-, and Dragon-type moves all deal 30% more damage.
Flavor: Ya know the folktales about how Dragons are the master of elements? This emphasizes on that tale!

Dragon Fang
When held by a Dragon-type, physical attacks deal 50% more damage.
Flavor: Dragons are strong monsters.

King's Rock
Super-effective damage is decreased to x0.75 when held.
Flavor: A king is either the most powerful of his territory or a very wise leader. This emphasizes on the former. :3

Dragon Scale
When held by a Dragon-type, their Defense and Sp. Def are increased by 50%.
Flavor: Dragons are basically reptiles, so yeah. :D

Edit: Changed "by" to "to" for Kingls Rock to prevent confusion, hopefully.

Last edited:
Luck Incense
Oddly enough, I have no opinion either way. I suspect my entry would be more obnoxious, but Snaquaza's seems a bit more "well, that's cool, but when am I going to take it over other items?"

Draco Plate: The holder's Dragon type moves are super effective against Water, Fire, Grass, and Electric Pokemon.
Flavor: They resist those elements, and frequently have moves of those elements (Not so much Grass, but eh), suggesting an elemental mastery.
Competitive: One of Dragon's biggest flaws has always been that it's got one super effective -itself. This offers an opportunity to use Dragon moves as coverage, and since only Fairy and Steel have a defensive edge against Dragon, it's very good coverage indeed, at 5 super effectives to 1 ineffective and 1 immune. But, you're burning an item slot on this effect -so you better be hitting super effectively on stuff with Dragon moves, or it's a wasted slot!

Dragon Fang: The holder hits 30% harder against targets that have not yet moved.
Flavor: Dragons are generally fast, and are all about dominating the opposition through sheer force. So, Life Orb if you outspeed without the disadvantage.
Competitive: Obviously combos well with Dragon Dance, and is generally a useful alternative to Life Orb for the myriad speedy Dragons without being blatantly broken nor useful only to Dragons.

King's Rock: Completely blocks an increased priority damaging move targeting the holder. Consumed in the process.
Flavor: "I'm the King, and I say you are OUT OF ORDER!" In particular, note Quash as a move that relates to turn order and has royal/imperial connotations in the Pokemon that can learn it and its Japanese name.
Competitive: Better than a Focus Sash for being a screw-you to Bisharp. It also actually blocks Mega Kangaskhan's Fake Out or Sucker Punch, though I doubt that'd be enough to consider unbanning it. But I can dream.

Dragon Scale: The holder is additionally a Dragon type.
Flavor: Wearing a suit of Dragonscale armor, I'm like a Dragon! (Hey, if it works for Seadra...)
Competitive: Dragon is a very strong defensive type, and it throws in STAB on Dragon Tail, Outrage, etc, if you care. Hidden Type proves the utility -Skarmory holding this would only be weak to Ice.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Draco Plate
User's Normal-type moves become Dragon-type and gain a 1.2x boost
Flavor: This powerful plate transforms the user's Normal-type moves into Dragon-types moves, just like the Dragon Judgement used by Arceus himself holding the draconic plate.

Gives Dragons a very meaty STAB from both spectrums, essentially giving them a (slightly weaker) Dragonate at the cost of their item.

Dragon Fang
Non-Dragon users gain a 1.5x boost to Dragon-type moves. Dragon-type users gain a 1.1x boost to Attack, Special Attack, and Speed.
Flavor: Some say it is the tooth of a legendary dragon. Regardless of its origin, it seems to boost the holder's draconic powers.

Dragon now becomes a strong pseudo-STAB in exchange for their item, while Dragon-types gain a boost to their offensive stats. The more important of these is Speed, although the power boost is nice. 1.1x was chosen over 1.2x because I think it would get a bit ridiculous, especially considering most Dragon-types already have high stats.

King's Rock
Lowers opponents' Attack one stage upon entering battle.
Flavor: This strange rock gives the Pokemon wearing it a more regal and powerful appearance. What from we can guess is the emulation of an alpha, this regal appearance seems to intimidate other Pokemon.

More Ability-into-Items! Lando-T holding this grants -2 Attack which is just silly. However, you have to give up your item to do this. Do you choose Intimidation or Leftovers?

Dragon Scale
Non-Dragon users take 0.5x damage from incoming Fire- and Electric- type attacks. Dragon-type users have their Defense increased by 1.5x.
Flavor: This strange scale seems also emit the same "draconic" energy the Dragon Fang does. Unlike the Fang, however, it seems to increase the wielders defensive capabilities.

Things like Skarmory can hold the Dragon's Scale to no longer be weak to Fire- and Electric- type moves, causing a semi-emulation of the Dragon-type defensively. I would add Ice (Fire / Electric / Ice is the "elemental trio" of a lot of things and Pokemon is no exception) but Dragons are weak to Ice so that makes no sense. Meanwhile Dragon-types simply gain a 50% boost to their Defense with no drawback in exchange for passive recovery.

Last edited:
Draco Plate
User's Normal-type moves become Dragon-type and gain a 1.2x boost
Flavor: This powerful plate transforms the user's Normal-type moves into Dragon-types moves, just like the Dragon Judgement used by Arceus himself holding the dragonic plate.

Gives Dragons a very meaty STAB from both spectrums, essentially giving them a (slightly weaker) Dragonate at the cost of their item.

Dragon Fang
Non-Dragon users gain a 1.5x boost to Dragon-type moves. Dragon-type users gain a 1.1x boost to Attack, Special Attack, and Speed.
Flavor: Some say it is the tooth of a legendary dragon. Regardless of its origin, it seems to boost the holder's Dragonic powers.

Dragon now becomes a strong pseudo-STAB in exchange for their item, while Dragon-types gain a boost to their offensive stats. The more important of these is Speed, although the power boost is nice. 1.1x was chosen over 1.2x because I think it would get a bit ridiculous, especially considering most Dragon-types already have high stats.

King's Rock
Lowers opponents' Attack one stage upon entering battle.
Flavor: This strange rock gives the Pokemon wearing it a more regal and powerful appearance. What from we can guess is the emulation of an alpha, this regal appearance seems to intimidate other Pokemon.

More Ability-into-Items! Lando-T holding this grants -2 Attack which is just silly. However, you have to give up your item to do this. Do you choose Intimidation or Leftovers?

Dragon Scale
Non-Dragon users take 0.5x damage from incoming Fire- and Electric- type attacks. Dragon-type users have their Defense increased by 1.5x.
Flavor: This strange scale seems also emit the same "dragonic" energy the Dragon Fang does. Unlike the Fang, however, it seems to increase the wielders defensive capabilities.

Things like Skarmory can hold the Dragon's Scale to no longer be weak to Fire- and Electric- type moves, causing a semi-emulation of the Dragon-type defensively. I would add Ice (Fire / Electric / Ice is the "elemental trio" of a lot of things and Pokemon is no exception) but Dragons are weak to Ice so that makes no sense. Meanwhile Dragon-types simply gain a 50% boost to their Defense with no drawback in exchange for passive recovery.
It's generally spelled Draconic, not Dragonic. Just saying.

Suggestions said:
Draco Plate
If holder is a Dragon-type, special attacks deal 50% more damage,
Flavor: This dragon relic boosts the fire and beams of powerful Special dragons like Kyurem-W.

Dragon Fang
When held by a Dragon-type, physical attacks deal 50% more damage.
Flavor: The fang of an Ancient Dragon God known as Mega-Rayquaza boosts the physical capabilities of Dragons.

King's Rock
Bypasses protecting moves (Protect, Detect, etc.); consumed upon use.
Flavor: Kings hold supreme power, and can gain entry even through protection.

Dragon Scale
Grants non Dragon types the resists of Dragon-types; grants Dragon types a 50% boost in Defense and Sp.Defense.
Flavor: They're wearing dragon armor, which should boost Dragons and give non-dragons the armor of dragons, which would give them their resists.
These ideas are totally not based off of the above suggestions; feel free to give credit where it's due.

Another idea for Dragon Scale; If user gets hit by a move that is Super Effective against Dragon, Scale gets destroyed.

Last edited:
This was a tough slate for some reason.

Draco Plate
Effect: Turns fire and flying moves into dragon moves and boosts their power by 30%.

Flavor: Dragons fly and breathe fire. What did you expect?

Competitive: Gives many dragons a stronger reliable stab move than dragon claw, especially since outrage is no longer safe to use.

Dragon Fang
Effect: When held by a non dragon type, their dragon type attacks do 2x more damage.

Flavor: Grants the holder dragon's might.

Competitive: Dragon is a crappy attacking type, so buffing the damage of dragon moves on pokemon who don't get stab on them without boosting their actually good moves shouldn't break anything.

King's Rock
Effect: When the holder switches in, the opponent has their attack and special attack dropped one stage each.

Flavor: Kneel before his majesty! Do you not realize you are in the presence of a king!?

Competitive: A landorus T style defensive buff, though not permanent like an assault vest.

Dragon Scale
Effect:Fire, Water, Grass, and Electric attacks do 30% less damage to the holder.

Flavor:Grants the resistances of a dragon.

Competitive: A lot of bulky water types could abuse an item like this, or any special wall in general.

the other items i feel will be well covered by others and i have no unique ideas for them
King's Rock
Effect: Prevents the opposing Pokemon from switching(if they switch they don't get a move)(excluding u-turn etc.), consumed in the
process.(declared like an air-ballon)

Flavor: your on the kings rock he can stop you from leaving

Competitive: creates a temporary trapper.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Time to vote!
First Choice:UserX
Second Choice:UserY
Third Choice:UserZ
The First Choice gets 3 points, second gets 2 and third gets 1. The user with most votes will have their submission added into the project itself.

-Grass-, Fire-, Water-, and Dragon-type moves all deal 30% more damage. (The Legend Waker)
-The holder's Dragon type moves are super effective against Water, Fire, Grass, and Electric Pokemon. (Ghoul King)
-User's Normal-type moves become Dragon-type and gain a 1.2x boost (The Reptile)
-If holder is a Dragon-type, special attacks deal 50% more damage (sunny004)
-Turns fire and flying moves into dragon moves and boosts their power by 30%. (Chaoswalker)

-When held by a Dragon-type, physical attacks deal 50% more damage. (The Legend Waker and sunny004)
-The holder hits 30% harder against targets that have not yet moved. (Ghoul King)
-Non-Dragon users gain a 1.5x boost to Dragon-type moves. Dragon-type users gain a 1.1x boost to Attack, Special Attack, and Speed. (The Reptile)
-When held by a non dragon type, their dragon type attacks do 2x more damage. (Chaoswalker)
-The holder's Jaw-based moves are 33% stronger, and super-effectiveness against Dragons and uneffectiveness against Fairies are added to the move, like Flying Press. (the someone)

-Super-effective damage is decreased by x0.75 when held. (The Legend Waker)
-Completely blocks an increased priority damaging move targeting the holder. Consumed in the process. (Ghoul King)
-Lowers opponents' Attack one stage upon entering battle. (The Reptile)
-Bypasses protecting moves (Protect, Detect, etc.); consumed upon use. (sunny004)
-When the holder switches in, the opponent has their attack and special attack dropped one stage each. (Chaoswalker)
-Prevents the opposing Pokemon from switching(if they switch they don't get a move)(excluding u-turn etc.), consumed in the process.(declared like an air-ballon) (Tarontos)

-When held by a Dragon-type, their Defense and Sp. Def are increased by 50%. (The Legend Waker)
-The holder is additionally a Dragon type. (Ghoul King)
-Non-Dragon users take 0.5x damage from incoming Fire- and Electric- type attacks. Dragon-type users have their Defense increased by 1.5x. (The Reptile)
-Grants non Dragon types the resists of Dragon-types; grants Dragon types a 50% boost in Defense and Sp.Defense. (sunny004)
-Fire, Water, Grass, and Electric attacks do 30% less damage to the holder. (Chaoswalker)

Send your votes to me via PM.

To keep this thread active in this phase, here are some questions
  • Are there any items you want to see in the next slate?
  • Do you have any questions about this Pet Mod?
  • Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
  • Are there any new possible strategies/sets that can be made with the last week's items? What Pokemon take advantage from those items?

Ghoul King's version of the King's Rock has a niche in letting a Dragon Dance, Agility, or Rock Polish sweeper continue to sweep right through a Pokémon that would normally check it via priority. However, such sweepers pay with the inability to run other items that can make setup more reliable or take less time, such as Life Orb, Weakness Policy, or Leftovers. Generally, King's Rock fills a role somewhat similar to a Focus Sash on such Pokémon.

The Reptile's/Chaoswalker's King's Rock, on the other hand, works as an Intimidate on any Pokémon that may want it. Specifically, Pokémon with Regenerator, or Pokémon that already have Intimidate, would appreciate the ability to stall out everyone ever.

Chaoswalker's Dragon Scale is interesting, as it is a dragon-themed item that most Dragon-types have no reason to ever use. Defensive Ice-types may appreciate it for the reduced Fire weakness, although Never-Melt Ice generally does that better. Articuno in particular may appreciate the Dragon Scale for the reduced Electric damage as well. Moltres may run it for reduced Electric and Water damage. Rock-types may like the Water and Grass resistances. Water/Ice dual-types get reduced Electric and Grass damage along with an actual Fire resistance, which may be nice.

Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
Literally every entry that provides a sizable boost to Dragons in specific makes me recoil in horror. Really, Defensive Soul Dew for the type with the single largest number of high BST Pokemon in the game? Banded Garchomp no longer deals with move locking? Etc? I'm sorry, but why? (I know my own Draco Plate entry can be taken as such a one, but it's much more narrowly specialized in its utility, nor is it making Dragons better)

I'm also not a fan of Intimidate: The Item, and especially Intimidate On Both Stats: The Item. This isn't jaw-droppingly horrifying, but it's a very powerful effect that laughs in the face of a number of existing items -why take an Assault Vest when you can carry Chaoswalker's King's Rock and still use Status moves? (Special exception for Klutz-Trick) In general, most defensive items of any sort are completely outclassed by both Intimidate: The Item entries, but especially Chaoswalker's one.

I'm actually a big fan of Tarontos' King's Rock item. It's a clever variation on a trapping effect, being powerful but not too powerful. (Might make Recycle worth using?)

Everything else is kinda eh. I have no strong feelings on them.

I'm very much in favor of adding a nerf to my king's rock, I just couldn't think of one I liked enough. The double stat drop was intended for flavor, and I even wanted to add an auto taunt, but well... that would have been even more powerful. I thought of dropping speed, but that really doesn't do much as you'd probably want this item on tanks/walls anyway. An attack drop may do a better job, but only for tanks. I also considered the "attacking moves only" rule, and I suppose that's all right but it doesn't fit the item too terribly well. If anything, that would just make it the "in between vest."

So if anyone thinks of a good nerf, I'd be happy to hear it.

I'm very afraid of Taranto's King's rock. In gen 5 I would u-turn in a sub charge beam mangezone to set up on ferrothorns and guarantee at least two KOs, if not more. It would have been even more destructive with slightly higher speed. Imagine if you could do something like that with ANY pokemon. Pick something that can wall a decentish portion of the meta and give the means to stay in on those pokemon indefinitely. Then you boost your stats at your leisure. Gothitelle can almost do this right now. Imagine if it actually had decent stats. Maybe it's not as scary as it sounds, but I'm very wary of trapping mechanics, especially an automatic one that you can slap on any pokemon.

Last edited:
Literally every entry that provides a sizable boost to Dragons in specific makes me recoil in horror. Really, Defensive Soul Dew for the type with the single largest number of high BST Pokemon in the game? Banded Garchomp no longer deals with move locking? Etc? I'm sorry, but why? (I know my own Draco Plate entry can be taken as such a one, but it's much more narrowly specialized in its utility, nor is it making Dragons better)

I'm also not a fan of Intimidate: The Item, and especially Intimidate On Both Stats: The Item. This isn't jaw-droppingly horrifying, but it's a very powerful effect that laughs in the face of a number of existing items -why take an Assault Vest when you can carry Chaoswalker's King's Rock and still use Status moves? (Special exception for Klutz-Trick) In general, most defensive items of any sort are completely outclassed by both Intimidate: The Item entries, but especially Chaoswalker's one.

I'm actually a big fan of Tarontos' King's Rock item. It's a clever variation on a trapping effect, being powerful but not too powerful. (Might make Recycle worth using?)

Intimidate: The Item might cause Clear Body to become a thing, which could in turn bring back the Assault Vest. Or the Assault Vest might get buffed because all the normal competitive items are likely going to end up on a slate eventually. Additionally, there's the possibility that Intimidate: The Item will be answered by the emergence of a Clear Body: The Item (or worse, a "Clear Body except I can't even lower my own stats": The Item).

I'm very afraid of Taranto's King's rock. In gen 5 I would u-turn in a sub charge beam mangezone to set up on ferrothorns and guarantee at least two KOs, if not more. It would have been even more destructive with slightly higher speed. Imagine if you could do something like that with ANY pokemon. Pick something that can wall a decentish portion of the meta and give the means to stay in on those pokemon indefinitely. Then you boost your stats at your leisure. Gothitelle can almost do this right now. Imagine if it actually had decent stats. Maybe it's not as scary as it sounds, but I'm very wary of trapping mechanics, especially an automatic one that you can slap on any pokemon.
just to point out the proper possessive of my name is Tarontos' but that's irrelevant
the goal of the trapping effect was to allow for some interseting mind games and ease set up. it had to be declared and only usable once to be balanced at all
personally i should of said grounded--can i revise that.

the other items that could be trapping are grip claw, binding band, heavy ball, and magnet.
grip claw on contact held once- u-turn included
binding band if i make contact -u-turn excluded
heavy ball if your holding-trick/fling shenanigans
magnet for steels if held by electric once
i like trapping but it is difficult to balance

My entries are meant to buff the Dragon-type in general. Don't get me wrong: they're FAR from how they used to be pre-Gen 4, but they've since lost their glory days of Gen 4 & 5. I want to at least nurse their wounds. :/

what is with the dragon evolvite can you imagine trying to kill dragonite?
244 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Icicle Crash vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Multiscale Dragonite: 179-213 (46.3 - 55.1%) -- 62.5% chance to 2HKO
Fun
i am agains't raw evolvite effects on general principle- there is a reason that they can only be used on nfe's just look at the bulk of dragonite.
did you consider all the things that will refuse to die.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
I feel like this slate's entries were generally overpowered. This isn't really a problem since we'll have a revision stage, and the idea behind the effect is what matters, but it could save us some time in the future. I doubt this will happeen again, since dragons are generally considered the strongest type...

My entries are meant to buff the Dragon-type in general. Don't get me wrong: they're FAR from how they used to be pre-Gen 4, but they've since lost their glory days of Gen 4 & 5. I want to at least nurse their wounds. :/
Then please at least stick to a 1.1x or 1.2x boost. 1.5x is simply stupid.

Offensively, you have a no-locking, Dragon-only Choice Band and a no-locking, Dragon-only Choice Specs. This is more overpowered than it looks: The lack of locking allows you to use boosting moves as well, and since it's actually a 1.5x multiplier rather than +1 stat stage, a Dragon Dance or Calm Mind leaves you with 2.25x your original offensive stat rather than just 2x.

The way I see it, 30% is the amount life orb gives. If an item gives 30%, it either should have a draw back, or condition to ballance it. The farther it is from 30%, the bigger the restriction needed to balance it. Anything below 30% is generally safer.

I'm very much in favor of adding a nerf to my king's rock, I just couldn't think of one I liked enough. The double stat drop was intended for flavor, and I even wanted to add an auto taunt, but well... that would have been even more powerful. I thought of dropping speed, but that really doesn't do much as you'd probably want this item on tanks/walls anyway. An attack drop may do a better job, but only for tanks. I also considered the "attacking moves only" rule, and I suppose that's all right but it doesn't fit the item too terribly well. If anything, that would just make it the "in between vest."

So if anyone thinks of a good nerf, I'd be happy to hear it.
Well, it could Choice lock the holder (Very limiting to walls, and makes for a sort of Reverse Choice Band/Specs for attackers wanting to switch in on attacks), damage the holder ("Heavy is the crown sitting on the king's head") either on switch-in or passively at the end of every turn, burn PP faster... there's tons of possibilities. The problem isn't so much how powerful the effect is as much as it is that the "disadvantage" is that it takes up your item slot. Just adding a disadvantage would go a long way.

It blocks a switch attempt one time and then is destroyed. No, you can't setup indefinitely without a trapping move/Ability to follow up with. (Which in turn means burning an item and moveslot on a one-time trick that is difficult to pull off) What it does let you do is switch in on something with a 4x weakness and then kill it while it destroys the item with an attempted switch, or arrange to come in on something that can't touch you and is already Toxic-ed and just keep Recycling the item. That sort of thing. It's not free reign to setup on anything to whatever extent you feel like.

Intimidate: The Item might cause Clear Body to become a thing, which could in turn bring back the Assault Vest. Or the Assault Vest might get buffed because all the normal competitive items are likely going to end up on a slate eventually. Additionally, there's the possibility that Intimidate: The Item will be answered by the emergence of a Clear Body: The Item (or worse, a "Clear Body except I can't even lower my own stats": The Item).
There's a limited pool of Pokemon to choose from for ignoring Intimidate: The Item (Regular Diancie, regular Metagross, Klinklang, Tentacruel, Regis, Heatmor, Torkoal, Carbink [Why not Sturdy?], Crawdaunt [Why not Adaptability?], Kingler, Gliscor [but why would you run Hyper Cutter over Poison Heal?], Mawile [Why aren't you running Intimidate?] and Pinsir [You're Mega Evolving out of it), and I think Tentacruel and Metagross are it for "viable in their base form with that Ability". (And nowadays most Metagross are Mega)

More likely the counter to it would be that Bisharp would become The Best Pokemon, especially since the way Showdown, at least, runs things is that having two different types of drops leads to a double-trigger, so Bisharp would end up 3 stages up.

Clear Body: The Item is never going to be appealing unless, yeah, it's the kind that ignores self-inflicted stat drops too. The effect is too niche, and most of the things it's useful against there are other, better ways of dealing with the problem.

There are so many Dragons still considered OU, and, actually...

8 Dragon-type OU Pokemon by DexSearch

7 Dragon-type UU Pokemon by DexSearch

4 Dragon-type RU Pokemon by DexSearch

0 Dragon-type Pokemon in NU (and PU) by Dexsearch

and 9 Dragon type Pokemon in Ubers by Dexsearch

So basically even bad Dragons are no lower than RU, more than a sixth of OU is Dragon-type (8 out of 47 Pokemon considered to be OU), all while the Fairy type exists.

Dragons really don't need a buff. They most certainly do not need the kinds of nutty boosts you are suggesting.

And I compared the Dragon Scale entry to Soul Dew for a reason. Soul Dew is banned from OU, and is the same degree of boost, distributed differently. Worse yet, that Dragon Scale can be given not only to the Latis but also to the multiple other 600 BST Dragons -and all the Uber Dragons too. But even just in OU, what exactly is the answer to Multiscale Dragon Scale Roost Dragonite, other than to remove the item ASAP? (I guess Scarf Cloyster Icicle Spearing it? You can't Shell Smash Focus Sash, because it'll just finish you with Extreme Speed)

... I thought I would have more to say than this, actually, but I think that's all there is.

Well, it could Choice lock the holder (Very limiting to walls, and makes for a sort of Reverse Choice Band/Specs for attackers wanting to switch in on attacks), damage the holder ("Heavy is the crown sitting on the king's head") either on switch-in or passively at the end of every turn, burn PP faster... there's tons of possibilities. The problem isn't so much how powerful the effect is as much as it is that the "disadvantage" is that it takes up your item slot. Just adding a disadvantage would go a long way.

It blocks a switch attempt one time and then is destroyed. No, you can't setup indefinitely without a trapping move/Ability to follow up with. (Which in turn means burning an item and moveslot on a one-time trick that is difficult to pull off) What it does let you do is switch in on something with a 4x weakness and then kill it while it destroys the item with an attempted switch, or arrange to come in on something that can't touch you and is already Toxic-ed and just keep Recycling the item. That sort of thing. It's not free reign to setup on anything to whatever extent you feel like.

There's a limited pool of Pokemon to choose from for ignoring Intimidate: The Item (Regular Diancie, regular Metagross, Klinklang, Tentacruel, Regis, Heatmor, Torkoal, Carbink [Why not Sturdy?], Crawdaunt [Why not Adaptability?], Kingler, Gliscor [but why would you run Hyper Cutter over Poison Heal?], Mawile [Why aren't you running Intimidate?] and Pinsir [You're Mega Evolving out of it), and I think Tentacruel and Metagross are it for "viable in their base form with that Ability". (And nowadays most Metagross are Mega)

More likely the counter to it would be that Bisharp would become The Best Pokemon, especially since the way Showdown, at least, runs things is that having two different types of drops leads to a double-trigger, so Bisharp would end up 3 stages up.

Clear Body: The Item is never going to be appealing unless, yeah, it's the kind that ignores self-inflicted stat drops too. The effect is too niche, and most of the things it's useful against there are other, better ways of dealing with the problem.

There are so many Dragons still considered OU, and, actually...

8 Dragon-type OU Pokemon by DexSearch

7 Dragon-type UU Pokemon by DexSearch

4 Dragon-type RU Pokemon by DexSearch

0 Dragon-type Pokemon in NU (and PU) by Dexsearch

and 9 Dragon type Pokemon in Ubers by Dexsearch

So basically even bad Dragons are no lower than RU, more than a sixth of OU is Dragon-type (8 out of 47 Pokemon considered to be OU), all while the Fairy type exists.

Dragons really don't need a buff. They most certainly do not need the kinds of nutty boosts you are suggesting.

And I compared the Dragon Scale entry to Soul Dew for a reason. Soul Dew is banned from OU, and is the same degree of boost, distributed differently. Worse yet, that Dragon Scale can be given not only to the Latis but also to the multiple other 600 BST Dragons -and all the Uber Dragons too. But even just in OU, what exactly is the answer to Multiscale Dragon Scale Roost Dragonite, other than to remove the item ASAP? (I guess Scarf Cloyster Icicle Spearing it? You can't Shell Smash Focus Sash, because it'll just finish you with Extreme Speed)

... I thought I would have more to say than this, actually, but I think that's all there is.
Actually, Cloyster can Silver Powder Shell Smash to take out Dragon Scale Multiscale Dragonite, because Extreme Speed is not an OHKO even if Cloyster is at -2 defence.

Edit: And to be honest, the Soul Dew is the same degree of boost, but distributed worse. Free Specs + Assault Vest is ridiculous, but Dragon Scale's Defence boost lets you set up on more things.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)