OM Interviews (#26: OM room)

Fuck stall.
Hello, you will now be known as Eevee Corporal. Your contributions have been fantastic, but I'm afraid your recent actions have been atrocious. Your badges will be plucked one by one, your medals will be smelted, and your precious Diggersbys, Eeveelutions, Eevee, and other atrocious Pokemon will be kept in my Mr. Mime palace.

Also, do you like Mr. Mime? (ps, if you say no, you'll become Eevee Convict.)

tegrof asking the tough questions o.o

I've got a few more:

Since Snaq didn't ask you this one, who do you think are some of the most underrated OM battlers?

Do you have a favorite battle replay?

What did you think of the Earthwyrms' performance in OMPL? (that is, were you happy with the team you got, the results, etc.)

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
Do you favour more OMs to continuously be created and generate new interest, or would you like to focus more on the current metas and grow their playerbases? Or is the balance fine?

Favourite non om tier? (any gen)

Will there be another ompl?

Favourite band/artist?

EV

Banned deucer.
Am i fren
Sure!
How do I join the Eevee army
First I must break you down into putty. Then I must reshape you into my ideal soldier image. Most people don't survive step 1.
Were you disappointed at the lack of a Gen V Stadium/Colosseum/Battle Revolution?

Are you frustrated by the continuing lack of a Gen VI Stadium/Colosseum/Battle Revolution?

Y u no tag me when

:(

/sends death threats
Nope!
Nah.
I wanted it to be a surprise!
This may not be the place to discuss this, but do you see word differently after his actions on the initial keeping of megabro in STABmons?
Word and I still talked after that until he pulled back from the site/sim. I'm not harboring any bad feelings about it.
Hello, you will now be known as Eevee Corporal. Your contributions have been fantastic, but I'm afraid your recent actions have been atrocious. Your badges will be plucked one by one, your medals will be smelted, and your precious Diggersbys, Eeveelutions, Eevee, and other atrocious Pokemon will be kept in my Mr. Mime palace.

Also, do you like Mr. Mime? (ps, if you say no, you'll become Eevee Convict.)
Dude who got Arhops to make Mime art for the index? Meevee!
Since Snaq didn't ask you this one, who do you think are some of the most underrated OM battlers?

What did you think of the Earthwyrms' performance in OMPL? (that is, were you happy with the team you got, the results, etc.)
Is ellipse considered underrated?

Anything from the beginnings of STABmons Gen 5 on Joim's Lab
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/joimslab-customgame-5960 Level 51 gimmicks
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/joimslab-customgame-5917 Trolling with Mirror Move Tornadus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/joimslab-customgame-5974 When Adrian Marin played STABmons!

Um, I wasn't happy I had soviet. We did really well the first week. Otherwise, we were like the misfit underdogs. Next time I will dominate. Just you wait.
Do you favour more OMs to continuously be created and generate new interest, or would you like to focus more on the current metas and grow their playerbases? Or is the balance fine?

Favourite non om tier? (any gen)

Will there be another ompl?

Favourite band/artist?
Right now I'm trying to strike a balance between working on the core while introducing innovative OMs at the same time. In the future, and this depends on how The Immortal feels, I want to take a new approach to submissions so we have fewer metagames but they'll be higher quality.
NU and when that isn't the lowest tier anymore, the one under it.
Yep!
Hm, right now I'm on a Yeasayer kick. I like all sorts of genres though. Norah Jones will always be one of my favorites.
On a scale of 1 to 10, how mad are you that I stole your avatar on PS?
Ninety Nine

EV

Banned deucer.
Actually this one is my all-time favorite: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons3570485
That's me at my gimmickiest with Technician Giratina and Speed Boost Deoxys (lol). But the best part is the commentary from my opponent starting on turn 34. And then his send-off:
BlazeChampion: fuck off
BlazeChampion: im in a hurricane and im winning bro
Inactive players will forfeit in 150 seconds. (requested by PumpkinSpiceCandle)
BlazeChampion: if you didn't have deoxys you wouldve lost so fuck you and go burn in gehena mother fucker

BlazeChampion forfeited.

PumpkinSpiceCandle won the battle!
Ladder updating...
PumpkinSpiceCandle's rating: 1548 → 1650
(+102 for winning)
BlazeChampion's rating: 1538 → 1334
(-204 for losing)

Also, +102 / -204 !

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Who's your favorite Smogon person?
Who's your favorite celebrity?
Who's the person you look up to the most?
mfk above three answers?

What are your favorite things that have ever happened to the OM forum?
Which person do you think has the most OM potential?

EV

Banned deucer.
Who's your favorite Smogon person?
Who's your favorite celebrity?
Who's the person you look up to the most?
mfk above three answers?

What are your favorite things that have ever happened to the OM forum?
Which person do you think has the most OM potential?
Eevee k so I can have their username
uh, Tom Hardy so I have someone to f
Ursula le Guin m I guess

Rollout v. Hawlucha, getting co-leader, all the Gen 5 STABmons spinoffs

The person reading this! ;_;
What do you think is the most promising recently created metagame?

how do i quick scope?
Glitchmons! I like all the new 'high concept' OMs

Is that a thing now?
On a lighter note, cake or pie?
I have a feeling this means something more than what I think.
Pie?

EV

Banned deucer.
Of the current metagames which have permanent ladders on PS, which of them do you dislike the most? and why?
I mean, I'm happy they all have ladders. In terms of the metagame itself and if I like playing it, I'd say the one I dislike is 1v1 only because I never got into it. I'm not a big fan of non 6-team metagames. I do think the 3v3 team preview is much better than the original.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
#5 The Immortal
He's watching
Hey
Hello

Could you give some background information about yourself?
I am a 22 year old man and I have been living in Dubai for the past 10+ years. I have a degree in Finance with programming being my hobby. I like my privacy so won't say any more, haha.

How did you get into Pokemon?
I used to watch the anime as a kid and I got into the games in school when a friend lent me his Ruby/Sapphire. I loved playing it! Around the end of DPP, I discovered Pokemon Online and started laddering there. After a while, Pokemon Showdown was born and a few months into public beta, I found it from Smogon. I did have a Smogon long before, but never was active there. When I joined, most aspects were not implemented yet and there were a lot of bugs. I decided to help implement things and fix bugs. A high ranked user at that time, Marty, noticed my contributions and voiced me. I immediately became more active in the only chat at that time, the lobby. And soon after, I was promoted to moderator. Hundreds of commits to the code, and several months later, I was promoted to leader. Finally, I was promoted to admin last year (on my birthday!) after more than a year as a leader. I would say that my consistent contributions was the reason for that.

How did you get into OMs?
I'm not 100% sure when I got into OMs but I think it was because I had to implement OMs on here and then I got into Joim's Lab and started playing OMs with Snaquaza and the other guys that used to visit that server. I got into the OM room on main last June because I having more free time and I wanted to get more into OMs as well. Before that, I was promoted to OM moderator on Smogon but wasn't really a presence in Other Metas. I also noticed the lack of activity in the room and wanted to improve it.

What's the most influential thing you've done regarding OM's?
I think the most influential thing is probably the ladders. I added most of these OMs to permanent ladders. AAA, STABmons, and Tier Shift are just some of the ladders I made permanent because I liked the concepts and they were active when they won OM of the Month.

What's your favorite OM?
My favorite OMs have varied over time. I like 1v1 because it is simple and quick. But then I got into Almost Any Ability and loved that, until I faced Kl4ng's stall teams. I really hate stall! Lastly, I got into Hidden Type since it was my own OM and I enjoyed it. I haven't been playing OMs recently but maybe I'll make a come back soon! If I look at just recently, probably Last Bastion. There haven't been any top OMs submitted recently.

What's in your opinion the most underrated OM?
Sketchmons. It is a very simple idea, one Sketch for every Pokemon, but leaves a big impact. I'm really surprised it hasn't been in contention for OM of the Month recently.

What's your favorite part about the OM Community?
I don't know about favorite part, but the best thing to come out of being part of the OM community is meeting Eevee General. He is a great and loveable guy!

Why should players get into OM's?
Like the room description says, its something different. There are a lot of fun and interesting OMs out there. Basically, there's something for everyone!

What's your favorite part of the OM Room?
Honestly, my favorite thing about the room are the room mods. They work extremely hard and always want to do more, especially unfixable! Tournaments with the lobby.

What'd you advice new player to do to get into OM's?
As a first step, they should definitely watch a few battles. They should then build a team, even if it will be bad and start battling. Slowly they will learn more and keep improving their team as they do. We also just launched an OM Mentoring Program which is definitely the way to go for learning an OM!

How's it like being an OM Leader?
It's been good so far! Well, the responsibilities are similar to those when I was just OM mod. The first responsibility is moderating the forum by monitoring all the active threads. The second is accepting and rejecting submissions. The third, and definitely my favorite responsibility, is the OM room on PS. I want to add that without my partner Eevee General, these responsibilities would be much more difficult. As for advantages, I guess having to the power to make a difference and keep improving Other Metas!

Which OM would you like to win OMotM?
Since I'm the one that adds the OMotM to PS, obviously I want the easiest to implement to win! If I look at the nominations, I think AAA Ubers deserves a chance. AAA is a popular OM and I'm sure we have all thought about using any ability on Ubers. It might attract Ubers players to the OM community as well.

What's the most fun thing you've done regarding OMs?
Having to manage Birkal's Bedroom Blisseys to win the OMPL! Even though I was no help and lost my matches, I did play a big part in putting the team together every week! I hope to manage in the next OMPL as well!

What's the largest problem you've faced while leading OMs?
I think the reaction from removing Hackmons. It had decent popularity, and the Hackmons players didn't take it well. I was pretty much blamed for it, even though it was a group decision. Eventually the thread had to be locked because it became so bad. After a lot of time, we restarted Classic Hackmons and it has been going fine.

Who do you think is the best OM Contributor?
Right now unfixable is an outstanding contributor! He does so much it's unbelievable.

Who do you think is the best OM battler?
Word used to be the best battler in like every OM, lol, but he is no longer active. Right now, I think Kl4ng is the best battler.

Who do you think is the most underrated OM Contributor?
I think Snaquaza is a pretty underrated contributor. He has done a lot of OM projects on the forum, and has been a hardworking OM room mod for a long time.

Who do you think is the most underrated OM battler?
manu 11 is definitely an underrated battler. I think partly because of his lack of self-confidence.

What's your stance on the recent removal of Monte Cristo as the AAA Tier Leader?
AAA is a ladder on the main server, and should have a leader that shows respect to everyone. Monte doesn't control himself a lot of the time both on the forum and on the sim. That's all I'll say.

What's your stance on Pet Mods?
I am indifferent about Pet Mods. I don't follow them and don't play them.The well thought-out and excellently presented ones. There have been a few "RBY mechanics in current gen" submissions but we accepted Gen Wun because it was both of those above qualities.

Can you leak any updates regarding OM's?
There's one that adds Pokemon Conquest abilities, which I'm excited for. It hasn't received an approval yet but we shall see!

Any final words?
Thanks for interviewing me and I hope Eevee General and I will stay partners for a very long time!

Last edited:

Illusio

Bold and Brash
What Pokemon do you feel deserves a mega evolution?

Also, what are your opinions on the most op type (flying)?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)