Noble Items

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
The voting phase has ended!

Draco Plate | The holder's Dragon type moves are super effective against Water, Fire, Grass, and Electric Pokemon. (by Ghoul King)
Dragon Fang | The holder hits 30% harder against targets that have not yet moved. (by Ghoul King)
King's Rock | Completely blocks an increased priority damaging move targeting the holder. Consumed in the process. (by Ghoul King)
Dragon Scale | Fire, Water, Grass, and Electric attacks do 30% less damage to the holder. (by Chaoswalker)

Also, Snaquaza's Luck Incense will be added, since only Ghoul King commented on it, and he was fine with either. "Prevents crits and secondary effects happening on you. Also prevents confusion and thunder wave turns." MegaSlowbro copycats will be running around.

New Items for Submission:
(Note: Please try and do all if possible. Thank you.)
Water slate part 1
Splash Plate
Mystic Water
Deep Sea Scale (you can make this as widespread or niche as you want, preferably niche for Clamperl/Gorebyss)
Deep Sea Tooth (you can make this as widespread or niche as you want, preferably niche for Clamperl/Huntail)

Just realized that Dragon Fang is life orb without the draw back, as the main users are fast attackers anyway. A teensy nerf I think would be a good thing, like dropping the boost to 20% or limiting it's effect to only certain types of moves.

Splash Plate: This Pokémon's Normal-type non-contact moves become Water-type and have their power multiplied by 1.3x.
Wanted to go with similar thematics to past ones, and that seemed to make the most sense.

Mystic Water: Holder's Water-type attacks have 1.3x base power. In addition, if the holding Pokémon has the ability Torrent, their Attack, Sp. Attack, and Speed are multiplied by 1.3x while Torrent's effect is active.
Mystic Water, Charcoal, and Miracle Seed are always given to you based on which starter you chose in-game, so I thought I could reflect that theme with the mechanics of the item.

Deep Sea Scale: If held by Clamperl or Gorebyss, Sp. Attack and Sp. Defence are 1.5x.
Deep Sea Tooth: If held by Clamperl or Huntail, Attack and Sp. Defence are 1.5x.
Both of these increase Sp. Def because it is the weaker defensive stat of both Gorebyss and Huntail.

Water slate part 1

Deep Sea Scale (Automatically activates Gorebyss's abilities )(clamperl auto two stage defensive stat boost on switch in)
A free scarf is good but not to good for something with the stat's of this thing. hydration with amnesia rest scald Barrier could be annoying or due a very fast smash pass.
Clamperl sucks so bad this is all that can make it tanky it has no recovery out side of rest and aqua ring
Deep Sea Tooth (automatically activates huntail's abilities )(clamperl auto two two stage offensive and speed boost on switch in.
a free scarf is good but not that good for something with that speed stat might be broken but i doubt it
Clamperl just got a draw backless shell smash every time it switches in that might be enough to give it a niche
Mystic Water: Activates a rain based ability once. consumed int the processes.
basically neat revenge killer item way to get rid of status with hydration and so on.
the goal is to make certain thing's viable out side of pure rain.
Splash plate: Dive becomes a one turn move with two stages zero priority dive and -1 priority attack.
flavor i'm making a splash
competitive: meet speed boost sharpedo

Last edited:
Water slate part 1

Deep Sea Scale (Automatically activates Gorebyss's abilities )(clamperl auto two stage defensive stat boost on switch in)
A free scarf is good but not to good for something with the stat's of this thing. hydration with amnesia rest scald Barrier could be annoying or due a very fast smash pass.
Clamperl sucks so bad this is all that can make it tanky it has no recovery out side of rest and aqua ring
Deep Sea Tooth (automatically activates huntail's abilities )(clamperl auto two two stage offensive and speed boost on switch in.
a free scarf is good but not that good for something with that speed stat might be broken but i doubt it
Clamperl just got a draw backless shell smash every time it switches in that might be enough to give it a niche
That Deep Sea Scale is actually really scary on Gorebyss. Hydration Rest with requiring Rain = too good.

i know it's good i played rain stall last gen with hydration rest vaporeon.
but gorebyss has mediocre bulk losses most passive recovery(aqua ring). it is also slow really slow sure it can rest every turn but then you become really passive
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gorebyss: 322-382 (102.5 - 121.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gorebyss: 183-216 (58.2 - 68.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
it is nightmare for certain stall mon's but it is beatable by Mega sabeleye, mega bro, mega sore, ammongus if it carries leech seed probably other's too but i'm not that familar with stall
0 SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gorebyss: 168-198 (53.5 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Amoonguss Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gorebyss: 122-146 (38.8 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
also edited the above post becaue i thout of an idea for mystic water(activates rain ability once consumed in the proccess)

Just realized that Dragon Fang is life orb without the draw back, as the main users are fast attackers anyway. A teensy nerf I think would be a good thing, like dropping the boost to 20% or limiting it's effect to only certain types of moves.
you could change the boost to 20 percent power and 10 percent accuracy it keeps the same flavor well giving it a bonus niche accurate of accuracy boosting.

Last edited:
There's plenty of slow, bulky Life Orb users (See: Conkeldurr), and Dragon fang also fails to trigger if the target uses priority. (Including Prankster-priority) I don't think you can really lower the damage without making it useless -I elected Life Orb level boost precisely because this has built-in disadvantages that can be worked around, and a 20% boost is surprisingly weak. Meanwhile, Magic Guard and many Sheer Force abusers get full Life Orb use with zero disadvantage, and for slow, bulky Physical attackers, we now have the Muscle Band as a vastly superior choice anyway. I find it far more likely the item will end up in a different unfortunate position -of newb-bait, where it sounds totally awesome and is a bad choice compared to other options.

I suppose you could limit it to moves that make contact, but honestly I'd want it to hit harder at that point, which would make it even better-er than Life Orb for Pokemon that are heavy on contact anyway.

Splash Plate: Yeah I got nothing. FlameUser pre-empted the only idea I've got.

Mystic Water: The holder's Water type moves have 50% leech.
Flavor: The Mystic Water is supposed to have special curative properties or some such. I initially considered an immunity to Poison, but that's really niche.
Competitive: There's tons of bulky Water types that would appreciate having this over Leftovers, since they want to spam Scald anyway. But since it's eating an item slot to benefit probably one move, you have to be certain you want this effect. (I actually considered a 75% leech rate, but that seems likely to be too good)

Deepseatooth: If the holder is Huntail or Clamperl, their attacks ignore increases in the target's Defense and Special Defense and decreases in the holder's Attack and Special Attack.
Flavor: I have a fang, it penetrates you.
Competitive: Wallbreaker, unimpressed with Intimidate, etc. Makes Huntail in particular more appealing in Doubles Rain teams, mostly, but is still a nice niche in Singles.

Deepseascale: If the holder is Gorebyss or Clamperl, sharply raises Speed, Special Attack, and Attack on switch-in. Consumed in the process.
Flavor: Shell Smash!
Competitive: Shell Smash!

Splash Plate: Causes Water-type moves used against the holder to have 50% recoil.
Flavor concept: Water-type moves are "splashed back" at the user with this plate.
Competitive concept: Opponents seeking to destroy something with a super-effective Water-type attack have to be wary of nuking themselves in the process. Provides some serious Surf protection in doubles.

Mystic Water: Boosts Water-type and Psychic-type moves by 20%. Upon switch-in, the opponent's item (a la Frisk) and most powerful move (a la Forewarn) are revealed.
Flavor concept: Mystic Water grants the user special insight or telepathic powers, because it's mystical or some shit.
Competitive concept: Useful for Pokemon with Water-type or Psychic-type moves that want to scout. Useful for quickly identifying the set that an opponent is using so you can't be surprised later.

Deepseatooth: For Clamperl and Huntail, Attack, Special Attack and Speed are both boosted by one stage. Dive's power is increased to 120 and it ignores Protect and similar moves, a la Shadow Force.
Flavor concept: You use teeth to injure things, so it increases offensive prowess. Also, deep sea => Dive.
Competitive concept: Clamperl and Huntail can now run a mixed set if they wish, with an Attack boost and a powerful physical STAB at their disposal.

Deepseascale: When holding this item, Clamperl and Gorebyss cannot be KOed by moves either on the turn they switch in or the first full turn they spend on the field. They can still faint to residual damage. Increases Defense and Special Defense by one stage each for Clamperl and Gorebyss.
Flavor concept: Scales are used to defend against injury, so it increases defensive prowess.
Competitive concept: Guarantees safely getting off a Shell Smash, and makes up for the stat drops associated with not running White Herb.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Splash Plate: Splash becomes a 120 BP physical water type move with true accuracy
Flavor: Splash
Competitive: Gyarados
Not only Gyarados. Poliwrath greatly benefits from this. Lopunny gets some niche coverage. Wailord can be physical (Water Spout is still more powerful, but Splash would be more consistent). Jumpluff also benefits from this as a Grass type with a way to attack Fire types. Lumineon wouldn't be as bad as it is now. And finally, Wobbuffet would have an attacking move.

Splash Plate
yeah... I agree that Flame User 64 pretty much nailed what most of us would go for.

Mystic Water
Effect: When the holder switches out, the next pokemon sent in is cured of all status conditions. If the holder is water type, they regain 25% of their HP after switching out.
Flavor: Mystic healing water.
Competitive: Allows any pokemon to become a mini cleric. Regenerators and switch turners have an especially easy time of activating the effect.

Deep Sea Tooth
Effect: If the holder is in the Water1 egg group their special attacks do 50% more damage. If they are not already water type, their second type becomes water.
Flavor: A power boost for pokemon of the deep.
Competitive: Empoleon, Omastar, and Dragonite could easily put this item to work. Dragonite becomes Dragon/Water type, allowing it to abuse moves like surf, though losing out on Hurricane stab. The only broken user is Manaphy, who gets banned the instant it gains any consistent passive boost.

Deep Sea Scale
Effect: If the holder is in the Water1 egg group their special defense is raised 50%. If they are not already water type, their second type becomes water.
Flavor: A defensive boost for pokemon of the deep.
Competitive: Slowking, Gastrodon, Milotic, and Dragalge will love this item.

Chaoswalker
Mystic Water on Regenerator Slobro or sloking get some massive recovery.
Deep seetooth/scale are good on Dragalage for the defensive vs offensive boost could be interesting.
decided Aegislash was good
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 192-226 (59.2 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery-it get's the ability to switch moves and more spam ability in it's power attack
252+ SpA Adaptability Dragalge Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 128-152 (39.5 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery- that is some nice special bulk
how would it interact with protean? if Grenija used extensiary would it be psychic or psychic water?

Kingdra with Dragon Dance appreciates it, and/or in Rain. Also there's Poliwrath/Politoed, in addition to everything everyone else has covered. And weird stuff like Lopunny, but you're not going to give up Lopunnite for Splash Plate.

Splash Plate
Changes all Normal-type moves into Water-type moves.
Flavor: Hydrokinetics naturally have water attributes.

Mystic Water
All Water-type attacks deal 30% more damage to Ghost-types.
Flavor: Sacred water is a very holy element.

Deep Sea Scale
If held by a Water-type, their Sp. Atk and Sp. Def raise by x1.10.
Flavor: Scales are very silky smooth and mystical in some tales.

Deep Sea Tooth
If held by a Water-type, their Attack and Defense raise by x1.10.
Flavor: Piranhas are one the most deadliest of marine animals. And yes, they have super sharp teeth.

Last edited:
Splash Plate
: This Pokemon's Water type moves hit twice, with the second hit dealing 0.3x the damage.
Flavor: Think "splash damage," or getting hit by the main strike and then a weaker strike that originates from it.
Competitive: Basically the same as a 1.3x boost, but with the perks of Parental Bond. Screw you, Sash Camerupt!

Mystic Water
: This Pokemon's Water type moves deal no damage, but the chance of its secondary effect occurring is tripled.
Flavor: The lack of damage reflects religious pacifism, while the 90% chance of Scald burns is basically a holy miracle.
Competitive: Gives defensive Water types more utility options if they don't need to rely on damage (ex: Alomomola has a more accurate Will o' Wisp, didn't use Scald for damage anyway). Other than Scald, Waterfall is now a 60% flinch move -- Toxic stalling max-speed Greninja, anyone?

Deep Sea Scale
: Gorebyss's Defense or Special Defense can never be lowered (even by itself).
Flavor: As others have pointed out, a Scale is more defensive. This directly impacts Gorebyss's signature role.
Competitive: Basically just makes it better at Smash-passing, and serves as an exclusive perma-White Herb. Gives it a more reliable Shell Smash than...

Deep Sea Tooth
: Huntail can never raise its own Speed. All other stat changes (positive and negative) are doubled.
Flavor: As others have pointed out, a Tooth is more offensive. This directly impacts Huntail's signature role.
Competitive: Changes the mechanics of Shell Smash. It's no longer as reliable a Smash-passer, as it can't ensure a sweep by giving a Pokemon double speed. The defense drops are doubled as well, and you can't hold a White Herb to negate them. However, the offensive boosts are scary to say this least. I don't see this item breaking the game, as the downsides are prominent enough. It would make Huntail an OU threat, at least giving people a reason to use it for Smash Pass over Gorebyss.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Time to vote!
First Choice:UserX
Second Choice:UserY
Third Choice:UserZ
The First Choice gets 3 points, second gets 2 and third gets 1. The user with most votes will have their submission added into the project itself.

-This Pokémon's Normal-type non-contact moves become Water-type and have their power multiplied by 1.3x. (FlameUser64)
-Dive becomes a one turn move with two stages zero priority dive and -1 priority attack. (Tarontos)
-Splash becomes a 120 BP physical water type move with true accuracy. (Throbulator36)
-Causes Water-type moves used against the holder to have 50% recoil. (Akumeoy)
-Changes all Normal-type moves into Water-type moves. (The Legend Waker)
-This Pokemon's Water type moves hit twice, with the second hit dealing 0.3x the damage. (Jajoken)

-Holder's Water-type attacks have 1.3x base power. In addition, if the holding Pokémon has the ability Torrent, their Attack, Sp. Attack, and Speed are multiplied by 1.3x while Torrent's effect is active. (FlameUser64)
-Activates a rain based ability once. consumed int the processes. (Tarontos)
-The holder's Water type moves have 50% leech. (Ghoul King)
-Boosts Water-type and Psychic-type moves by 20%. Upon switch-in, the opponent's item (a la Frisk) and most powerful move (a la Forewarn) are revealed. (Akumeoy)
-When the holder switches out, the next pokemon sent in is cured of all status conditions. If the holder is water type, they regain 25% of their HP after switching out. (Chaoswalker)
-All Water-type attacks deal 30% more damage to Ghost-types. (The Legend Waker)
-This Pokemon's Water type moves deal no damage, but the chance of its secondary effect occurring is tripled. (Jajoken)

-If held by Clamperl or Gorebyss, Sp. Attack and Sp. Defence are 1.5x. (FlameUser64)
-Automatically activates huntail's abilities. Clamperl auto two two stage offensive and speed boost on switch in. (Tarontos)
-If the holder is Huntail or Clamperl, their attacks ignore increases in the target's Defense and Special Defense and decreases in the holder's Attack and Special Attack. (Ghoul King)
-For Clamperl and Huntail, Attack, Special Attack and Speed are both boosted by one stage. Dive's power is increased to 120 and it ignores Protect and similar moves, a la Shadow Force. (Akumeoy)
-If the holder is in the Water1 egg group their special attacks do 50% more damage. If they are not already water type, their second type becomes water. (Chaoswalker)
-If held by a Water-type, their Attack and Defense raise by x1.10. (The Legend Waker)
-Huntail can never raise its own Speed. All other stat changes (positive and negative) are doubled. (Jajoken)

-If held by Clamperl or Huntail, Attack and Sp. Defence are 1.5x. (FlameUser64)
-Automatically activates Gorebyss's abilities. Clamperl auto two stage defensive stat boost on switch in. (Tarontos)
-If the holder is Gorebyss or Clamperl, sharply raises Speed, Special Attack, and Attack on switch-in. Consumed in the process. (Ghoul King)
-When holding this item, Clamperl and Gorebyss cannot be KOed by moves either on the turn they switch in or the first full turn they spend on the field. They can still faint to residual damage. Increases Defense and Special Defense by one stage each for Clamperl and Gorebyss. (Akumeoy)
-If the holder is in the Water1 egg group their special defense is raised 50%. If they are not already water type, their second type becomes water. (Chaoswalker)
-If held by a Water-type, their Special Attack and Special Defense raise by x1.10. (The Legend Waker)
-Gorebyss's Defense or Special Defense can never be lowered (even by itself). (Jajoken)

Send your votes to me via PM.

To keep this thread active in this phase, here are some questions
  • Are there any items you want to see in the next slate?
  • Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
  • Are there any new possible strategies/sets that can be made with the last week's items? What Pokemon take advantage from those items?

Last edited:
Are there any items you want to see in the next slate?
BY FIRE BE PURGED

Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
I kinda dislike basically all the Deep Sea (name) entries, including my own. The ones that bothered me least were the ones not trying to specifically boost their associated Pokemon, oddly enough. Kind of wish there'd been more of those.

I'm also weirded out by the majority of the entries that Mystic Water got. It drew a weird batch of entries. (Trigger a rain-based Ability one time? Okkaaaaayy... the holy power of water compels you, Ghost? what)

The Splash Plate drew the least "what" this round, which is sort of funny given that it's God's Magic Stone.

My main takeaway from the whole thing is that players don't have a good sense of what the Water type "should" be, which isn't exactly surprising given Game Freak doesn't seem to know either. (I'm including myself in this description, keep in mind)

Are there any new possible strategies/sets that can be made with the last week's items? What Pokemon take advantage from those items?
The Draco Plate has a number of implications, but one of the big ones is that Dragons with no good coverage against Heatran can turn their Draco Meteor into a neutrally effective attack. Mind, there's not much point to doing so for some of them, the way things are going -Noivern is liable to end up with a dizzying array of possible Boombursts to explode Heatran/everything in the entire game with. A more interesting implication is the ability to flat-out explode Rotom-Wash with 4x damage, making Rotom-Wash less of a dominating force. Same for Rotom-Heat and Rotom-Mow, if you were thinking they might take Rotom-Wash's place for some reason. Also Volcanion is screwed in the face of this. Plus some stuff like Ludicolo and Lanturn, but nothing you'd elect to run this specifically to murder.

The Dragon Fang is basically a good alternative to a Life Orb for any fast attacker/priority-abusing attacker, particularly for Dragon Dance abusers. Dragonite loves it between Dragon Dance, Extreme Speed, and Multiscale, which normally discourages Life Orb-level boosting.

The King's Rock is a useful alternative to the Focus Sash for the likes of Alakazam, and in general is a nice way to either stop a priority sweep, such as Belly Drum Azumarill, or to get in a free attack on a slow priority abuser who would otherwise KO you.

The Dragon Scale is a broad increase in bulk against some of the most popular attacking types (and Grass) around. I'm not actually entirely sure what Pokemon would run it, though. Water types are a likely choice, at least, since it reduces their two weaknesses somewhat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)